• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern They called me a Hero.

jole875

Veni Vidi Vici

The year is 2043 and the world has changed a lot since World War III. China is a nuclear inferno and the United States stands as top dog, but without China large percentages of produce is off the market. So the U.S. was forced to build mass amounts of factories to keep up with what they lost, while the U.S. is economically advancing it is also technologically digressing. Corruption is running rampant and the police can barely be relied on to hold off the crime syndicates. What can you do though? If you get in their way they will threaten your family, but if a vigilante were to fight against them who could threaten you? The template for you has already been set by the first one they called a Hero.

2040, the U.K. is in a state of panic as Princess Margaret of Wales is being held hostage by almost three dozen terrorists, armed to the teeth and killing anyone that enters the warehouse they had fortified. One person made it inside without being caught, but he wasn't apart of a swat team or a police force, he was a vigilante. He alone was able to kill all thirty-five terrorists and transport Princess Margaret out of the building to the police waiting outside. Unbeknownst to the vigilante the entire fight was caught on live television. Since then the vigilante known as Grim has been hailed as a hero and the number one radiation powered person in the world.

Since 2040 vigilantes have been coming out of the woodwork, some with radiation power some are just plain human. This roleplay takes place in New Jersey.​

**Location**

Club New Pékin

**Time**

1:13 AM

The constant repetition of metallic beats drowned out the raining in the night up to the point it sounded as if the rain was silent for miles. "Why are they still playing that heavy metal, I thought this club was supposed to be chinese themed," the young bouncer would ask his counterpart, an older and more experienced bouncer. The two of them were guarding the back door to the club. "If you play chinese music for too long someone's bound to call the cops saying you're a communist sympathizer, you kn-," the older bouncer would pause with a gaping expression. "What's wrong, see a ghost," the younger bouncer would question before glaring in the direction of his companion's sight. Above them standing on a rail was a dark but detailed figure, death had come for them that night.

Inside the club a constant strobe light helped Grim stay secluded and unnoticed under the hoodie he took from one of the now dead bouncers. Slowly but steadily he made his way to the back of the club where the 'VIPs' were seated with their exotic children. After closing in on the the VIPs Grim began to analyze the surroundings. The three VIPs were all crime bosses here on a business meeting that had ended an hour ago, now they were enjoying the tainted innocence of children. Three VIPs, five small asian, probably chinese, children, and seven bodyguards. Under the cover of the strobe light Grim tore off the blood covered hoodie and sprinted forward, screams of terror were drowned out by the constant silence of rain.

**Location**

Safe House 12

**Time**

4:26 AM

Grim stood in front of a plain window looking out onto the city, rain dripped steadily down from his window to the bricks below it. Unlike before he stood naked with out his armor or weapons strapped to his body. There wasn't skin or hair, just a dark figure, seemingly without details. In his left hand was a broken headset microphone, with a sigh he raised the microphone to where his mouth would be if he had one. Taking a deep breath he began his message with a click to the microphone,"You will be receiving this message at exactly 6:00 AM. You are to meet me at 6356 Maple King Drive, Warehouse Eleven, 10:00 PM. Do not be late. If you refuse this request, no matter who you are or who you serve, I will hunt you down and I will take you to hell when I am finished with the others. Grim.. Out." Grim's voice was raspy and deep, exactly what you'd expect from the apostle of death.

Dropping the microphone Grim would turn to his left and approach the groaning figure ziptied to a water pipe. With out glancing Grim raised his right arm and slipped the pistol he had previously set on the counter, then squatted to look the figure in the eyes. "You raped children, murdered mothers, and eradicated bloodlines for money. Tell Satan I'm sending more fresh meat," Grim muttered slowly. An audible bang rang out through the room before the figure could protest the oncoming trip to hell.​

Cal Kaysen

6:00AM

London, United Kingdom

The sound of the screaming wind flew past him as he bobbed and weaved through the busy London steers. His head up display in his goggles showed the time, and the occasional vital reading, courtesy of Dr. Hart. A small beep in his ear snapped him out of his flow-like state,
"Cal, get back to the lab, you've just received a message." The British man said, as he complied with his direction. He had been close friends with the man ever since his "rebirth." "On my way, I'm gonna pick up some breakfast for us first. Long night." He had been fighting crime the whole night before, and since today was his day off, sleep was his sheduale. He sped into a local McDonald's, quickly grabbing two large bags of food, leaving cash on the counter as he left.

He sped into the lab, a large facility where his partner worked.Removing his hood, he waltzed over to the control table where Dr. Hart sat, and set the bags down. "
Your going to eat if you like it or not" he said as he opened the bag and pulled out a Mcmuffin for himself. Dr. Hart wasn't to keen on taking orders from him, but the man knew he was right, and reluctantly grabbed a hash brown from the bag. "Your vitals were steady tonight Cal, I didn't want to pull you in this early, but it's important." Dr. Hart then clicked a key on the keyboard, as the recording played through the room.

"
So Grim contacted me? Why?" He was confused on the whole situation, he had heard of Grim before, and had guessed he was in China the same day as him. Luckily before he snapped into a flashback Dr. Hart spoke. "I don't know, but it seems important. We both know he was probably there the night you were, I would go if I were you Cal." He nodded, he knew he was right, he always was. "If you think it's a good idea, then I'll go. He said be there by ten, so I'll be back here at 8?" Dr. Hart nodded, which he agreed with him. He quickly ran around to his tredmill room, and quickly changed into a sweatshirt, jeans, and converse. He ran back, and put the suit in its case. He grabbed another Mcmuffin for the road, gave a small wave to Dr. Hart, and ran off to his apartment.

It was early morning in Brooklyn, New York. Slate was living in a small apartment. The neighborhood wasn't too nice looking but it was calm enough. Slate rolled out of bed, only in his boxers. He was up all last night doing things around town. Mostly cataloguing how many people in his area had powers. Surprisingly there were very few, if any, despite the high population density. He pulled his chair out from his desk and sat before his opened laptop. Alright. Time to look at some big chinese tiddie-. He lost his trail of thought when he noticed that he had recieved a message via email, from an actual account. He received very few emails that weren't spam so this was surprising.

He clicked on it to find it contained an audio clip, only a few seconds long. After a few moments of listening he dismissed it as a prank and prepared to delete it. But he stopped when the voice said it's name, Grim. Slate looked at the screen with much more interest now. Could this be the first superhero contacting him? Or was it someone trying to waste his time. After a few seconds of contemplation he decided it was worth the risk.

He looked up the address. It was in New Jersey. If he drove quickly he could be there by 9:00PM. He took his time getting ready for the day. He didn't want to get his hopes too high. This was likely a prank. At 1:00 PM he got in his car and began his drive to the address, with a crowbar, duct tape and a paintball mask in the back seat. Just in case.

Cal Kaysen

London/ United States

Through the day

He had arrived home almost instantly after he left, yawning as he entered. He was planning on napping through the day, then bugging Derrek throughout the day. He fell onto his bed, and yawned. Derrek Hart was a father figure to him, he had helped him through hell. Thinking of that though, made him fall asleep.

When he woke up, he checked his watch,
1:30PM damn he slept awhile. He quickly changed clothes, a maroon sweater, jeans, and converse. He quickly styled his hair, and the usual morning routine stuff. He really didn't have to do anything, he was off, and criminals don't usually act during the day. He pulled out his phone, "I'm bored. I think I'm gonna head to New York early. I'm gonna swing by and pick up my suit, just buzz me at 9 so you can be in my ear for the meet." Once he said that, he raced off to the lab, whizzing by the crown in the laboratory, and made his way unseen into the secret part of the lab. He grabbed his suit, stuffing it into his backpack he brought, and made his way towards the ocean.

He soon arrived in New York, a place he hadn't been to in years. The last time was here was when his ship was docked here during the War. He sighed, memories coming back to him, in which he carried on through the streets. He just realized, he was in a different time zone! Now what was he gonna do?

Last edited by a moderator:

**Location**

Warehouse Eleven

**Time**

9:13 PM

After tapping several holobuttons on his wrist console it went dark and he began to examine himself. Spas 14, Hk49, knife, machete.... other machete, adrenaline, c4, electro grenades, tear gas, foam bomb, ... what am I forgetting? After a moment of thought he realized he had forgotten his hand drone,no matter though he had a few spares of everything in the Scythes. Grim was sitting on top of a storage crate thinking over the oncoming events, he hated asking others for help but even he, with his all of his weapons drones and vehicles, was unable to stop the rising threat.

At 9:30 PM Slate pulled up to the address. He looked up at the warehouse before him. He was expecting it to be desolate and abandoned but it looked surprisingly well maintained. He took a second to confirm this was the address. Seeing that it was, he parked his car down the street and made his way to a bay door on the front. He had put his crowbar in his backpack. The curved end was exposed, but not too noticeably. Hopefully, no one would see him and assume he was breaking in. He prepared to knock but sensed a familiar feeling. Someone was inside and whoever it was had powers, strong ones at that. Cautiously, he knocked.

Cal Kaysen

New York

9:45PM

Well, luckily he had found something to do in New York. He had decided to spend the day in a hotel sleeping some

more, very productive. He had woken about around 4pm, and had gotten some authentic New York pizza. Way better than Pizza Hut. He looked down at his watch,
9:30 even though it was early afternoon in London, Derreck would know to pick up the phone. He quickly changed in his hotel room into his suit, and looked in the

mirror. He loved his suit, sleep white, and he loved the goggles. He tapped his ear, as the earpiece began to call Derreck.
"Thanks for calling, not like I was busy or anything." "Not like you were doing anything Derreck. You'll thank me later when you don't have to speak during a press conference. You've got my location right?" The suit had a built in tracker, as well as vitals for Derrek to moniter while he did his thing. "Yes, Brooklyn. The location is about a second run away for you." He nodded, pulled his hood over, and took off towards the warehouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back