• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Theomachy OOC and Lore thread

Scoundrel

Roleplay Type(s)

Apologies in advance if anything is unclear,I'm not particularly good at writing Interest Checks. If you do have any questions, don't hesitate to ask and I'll do my best to answer them.

Ok, the idea behind this roleplay is pretty straightforward; what if you combined Sailor Moon with Batman?

The basic run-down of the plot is that you play as magical girls (or boys) who have been recruited by magical creatures known as Heralds to fight against the forces of evil.

Specifically, you've been tasked to fight The Harbringer. A mysterious entity that seems to take an particular interest in destroying the city you live in. Sometimes he'll send monsters to cause havoc, other times he'll grant the local criminal organizations magical powes of their own.

As far as the actual story of this rp goes, I'm planning on keeping more episodic and "monster-of-the-week" style. There will be some overarching plot (mainly focusing on finding out things like why The Harbringer is so focused on this particular town) but I don't want to focus too much on it.

I should probably mention that I want this rp to be a bit darker tone-wise. Think something like Batman the Animated Tv-series.

Posting requirements would be one
paragraph at least once a week.

I'm also gonna quickly run-through the magic system of this rp. It works pretty much the same way as most magical girls roleplay. However, the main difference is that each magical draws their powers from a "Source", which in this rp will take the form of a god/monster/hero from any mythology. Essentially, you can give your character any powers you want as long as you can somehow tie it to their Source.

It's important to note that magic does not exist in this universe and as such Your character can't get the ability to use magic even if their source is associated with it.

While multiple magical girls can have the same Source in lore, player characters won't be allowed to have the same Source as another character.

Reserved Sources:
redraider redraider - Hecate
Ayama Ayama - Asteria
BuggaBoo BuggaBoo - Artemis
Neo Alice Neo Alice - Athena
meepster meepster - Kronos
Saia Saia - Hypnos

Last edited:
So been meaning to ask given magic isn't allowed what would someone who takes a magic based source get

Oh not sure if this has been answered already, but are we allowed to have more than one character (and if so, what's the limit? xD )

Will the cast in this RP generally be school-age kids like would be implied by the term "magical girls",or will there perhaps be adult members of the cast as well?

Oh not sure if this has been answered already, but are we allowed to have more than one character (and if so, what's the limit? xD )
You can have as many characters as you can handle.

Will the cast in this RP generally be school-age kids like would be implied by the term "magical girls",or will there perhaps be adult members of the cast as well?
They can be adults.

I have a question. Is Eastern mythology ok?
Yep.

So been meaning to ask given magic isn't allowed what would someone who takes a magic based source get
They still get to pick powers based on other things associated with their source. A character based on, say, Odin could get berserk based powers for example.

You can have as many characters as you can handle.

They can be adults.

Yep.

They still get to pick powers based on other things associated with their source. A character based on, say, Odin could get berserk based powers for example.
Then would you be okay with yog-sothoth as a source?

Depends really. An adult character could have been recruited later than a child character was.

Nope. Sorry, but Lovecraftian mythos doesn't really work with this setting.

Any particular reason that one dosent work despite other ones working as so far all are Greek gods with one being unclear if they are the harvest god or time God version

What of Nu or Chaos being the source

Last edited:
Yeah thinkin my charries gunna be sisters. One is an troublesome outdoorsy/skater chick type and the other is going to be a poshy fashion model/actress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back