The Words has reached ECR!

I did not attend his funeral, but I wrote a nice letter saying I approved of it.

--Mark Twain

I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education.

--Wilson Mizner

I would point out to you that the most common experience of all human minds throughout history is "problems, problems, problems." In fact, if you're good at problem solving, you don't come to a problemless Utopia.  You qualify for bigger and bigger problems.

--R. Buckminster Fuller

You don't fuck with the Infinite.

--Stephen King

There is nothing so well known as that we should not expect something for nothing--but we all do and call it Hope.

--Edgar Weston Howe

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.

--George Bernard Shaw

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who tells you diffently is selling something"

-- William Goldman, The Princess Bride

-S

"If you realize you are unconscious, you are no longer unconscious."

--Unknown

"Any coward can fight a battle when he's sure of winning; but give me the man who has pluck to fight when he's sure of losing.  That's my way, sir; and there are many victories worse than a defeat."

--George Elliot

I dote on his very Absence.

---W. Shakespeare--The Merchant of Venice

"And that if you had to kill a heathen, you'd better do it with a straight sword and a lot of chivalry,

Not with a curved sword and a lot of foreign-sounding jibber jabber."

-- Beaks 4:16-17, The Boomer Bible

-S

"<i>Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.</i>" -- H.P. Lovecraft

"<i>I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability.</i>" -- Oscar Wilde

Users who are viewing this thread

Back