• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Witch and the Demon

Aaron leaned over the counter, seeing the edge of the counter dig into the customer's back, looking up at him with a confused expression. "I doubt anyone enjoys being sore. And another thing I doubt is that your positioning is comfortable either, I mean, the edge of the counter is right up against your back, from what I'm seeing."

The salesman leaned back, standing straight once again. "How did you manage to get some thunde audio anyways? Also, plants?"

Xander's eyes followed the witch's until they were making direct eye contact. "Precisely why I got down!" He agreed, as he considered the edge of the counter digging into his back. "No, you're right, this isn't particularly comfortable either
." He agreed, adjusting himself and moving slightly so, while still leaning against the counter, it no longer hurt to do so.

It also brought him a bit closer to the woman who was now mildly horrified at the sudden invasion of space. Xander let a smirk slide across his face.

"Well I had to wait for a thunder storm, didn't I?" He said "But there wasn't any rain for days, so I had to check the weather and see where there was thunderstorms, took a couple of days, really a hassle, but it worked!" He said, as if this were a completely normal reasoning. "The plants were just to make it feel like an island." He added. "You know, atmosphere."

Aaron looked at the customer, not the horrified woman (The brunette had to hold back a laugh from the mere sight.), but the tall demon with a deadpan expression with a hint of a smile mixed in. "You could've just gotten the audio from the internet or something, I'm sure at least someone recorded a bit of audio for that."

Admittedly, Aaron has thought about playing a prank on someone a few rare times, only close friends and such, never actually getting the courage to do it as well as the fact that he talked himself out of it the few times the thought popped into his head. "I don't think atmosphere us necessary for a prank but hey, you do you, I guess."

Xander's brow furrowed a bit, mildly confused. He was, admittedly, not as adapt at modern technology as one might expect. "Ah, well, it's not quite as...." he said, waving his hand around as if to grasp for the right word "authentic." He shrugged "Plus, so many tiny little buttons." He said, mimicking the position of someone typing on a keyboard. He hadn't touched a typing device of any kind in a long time, but the last one most definitely didn't do anything other than type. "And it's all just very complicated when you can just go somewhere where it's thundering." he said, as if it were all too obvious.

"Oh, atmosphere is everything." He said, and now he was far too close to the female customer, draping a lazy arm around her shoulder, completely intentional, even if his face didn't betray it as such. "Isn't that right, dear? She understands. It's one thing to walk into your house to have it 'leaking'" at this, he made air quotes with his free hand, "but to walk into your home being completely transformed to look like an entirely different place? Magical, really." He said, grinning broadly, as he felt the woman stiffen underneath his arm, practically radiating the anger that replaced her mild annoyance.

Aaron nodded his head in agreement, "I'll agree with you on that much. I tend to prefer reading books instead of online, just because I prefer it more than the other. It is authentic, in a way. Along with writing, even if it is a bit faster than writing itself." He paused for a second, "and I think its the opposite, since you have to be in luck to see if a storm actually hits when you can just find it almost instantly."

Aaron watched as the tall demon continued to bug the woman, deciding that now is the time to do some actual action at this point, not wanting to lose a customer due to another customer. "Please stop bugging the lady, she's just here to buy something, not to be caught up in your antics and such."

Xander was a bit pleased that the other seemed inclined away from 'the Internet', and that contraption you accessed it from. But of course, he seemed to actually know how it worked. This gave Xander a brilliant idea, (asking the man to teach him how to use the 'Internet'), though his thinking of it almost made him miss what else he was saying. "Well if you look at weather charts, and watch the..." and at this Xander blanked, trying to remember what that blasted talking box was called, his face contorted in mild confusion before vaguely recalling the term he hoped was right " the tee-vee." He said, the phrase sounding strange to him. "You can figure out if it's going to rain and where. Instead of trying to find it on the Internet." He said.

Xander looked offended at being accused of 'bugging' anyone. He looked at the woman, about ready to hit him "Am I bother you? I thought we were getting along swimmingly! I mean you completely dazzled by my charm and good looks, couldn't stop staring! I thought we had something." he said, mouth turned downward, but obviously trying to hide the smirk creeping u on his face. "But fine, if you find me bothersome I'll simply stand here nice and quiet while you continue shopping." He said, heaving out a dramatic sigh, placing the back of his hand to his forehead, as if the whole ordeal was exhausting.

His eyes did open, ever so slightly, to glance both at the woman, glad to be rid of him, and tossing a thankful look at the shop keep, and then to said shop keep, "You still like me, of course, don't you,... guy." he said slowly, trying to wheedle the man's name from him, though of course being very dramatic about the whole thing.

Aaron nodded his head, shrugging. “I guess, but it’s all a matter of luck.” At his statement, the witch’s eyebrows shot up in realization, “glad to know the crystal is working.” He tapped his fingers absentmindedly, “I’m not really a big fan of television. I used to be, but it’s just a pain at this point.” It was true, it had been a few years or so since the brunette had stopped watching all that mindless brain fodder and false expectations.

He watched the whole one-sided conversation going on with a small gleam of amusement in his eyes, admittedly, the demon’s dramatic and extravagant nature was amusing to watch, at least he did oblige to the shopkeeper’s requests so far, thank the gods, so that’s a plus. He couldn’t help but give out a light chuckle as the customer tried to get his name, deciding to play along. “Of course, as long as you continue to come back… dude.”

"Well life is always a bit more fun when you don't quite know the outcome of things. I'm sure I would have found something equally amusing, should my search for a thunderstorm failed." He said with a shrug. Xander blinked, glancing over at the other man curiously. "How do you mean?" He asked, though he hadn't thought about the crystal he bought the last time, he did often find himself tucking it into his pocket anyway. He'd grown quite used to it. Xander shrugged "I'm still surprised they're so... small. I mean compared to those projector screens at the theater..." Xander shrugged as his voice trailed off. Though the last 'tee-vee' he had seen had been several decades ago, he was quite sure. "I mean, remember when they couldn't even talk? Just music!" He said almost excitedly. "And now you have them in your homes! At least that's exciting, even if you don't enjoy watching it." He said, though it was almost a question.

The down turned, forced frown was now a full smirk as he caught the other's amusement, growing into a grin as he chuckled. At they very least someone found him entertaining! Though of course, Xander always found himself entertaining. "Well of course! But you can call me 'Xander', although I suppose 'dude' works just fine, if you insist." He said dropping his hand and crossing his arms, standing more easily, and losing the dramatic nature of his previous actions as the woman scuttled off to look at something else in the store.

Aaron looked at the demon, confused by his curious face. People have their mindsets, after all. "I mean, it was a matter of luck to see whether or not a storm would actually hit, especially if it was a storm that would sound like a tropical storm." He had paused for a moment, curious in return of the statement of 'small' for TVs. "Small? Since when did you last see a TV? They're actually quite big nowadays, even the cheap ones. Computers too, their screens are getting bigger by the day." The brunette thought that it was nice, the demon's seeming-fascination with electronics, it was like he was mentioning the old radio from the 1930s or something of that sort.

"Okay then. The name's Aaron, pleased to meet you, Xander." The shopkeeper held out his hand as a way of greeting, donning a small smile on his face. It was nice to actually meet someone new for once instead of absentminded chatter with someone that he would forget in a day's time. This is probably not going to go well, but let's do it anyways, me.

"Oh, oh of course!" He agreed, as his memory returned to the conversation that had about the crystals. Xander had to pause again, "Uhm... awhile... But I just meant in compared to the large screens at movie theaters anyway. I mean that's sort of what tee-vees are anyway, right? Like... miniature movie boxes... Though I've never figured out where the projectors go..." He said. "Last I remember they were very blocky, and had like...a screen in the front part where the pictures come from right? And they were like... I don't know." he said, frowning slightly. As soon as he started to describe them, he lost his memory of what they looked like. "Ah well... how big are they now?" He asked.

Xander beamed "Well it's a pleasure to meet you as well, Aaron." he said, taking the hand proffered enthusiastically, his hand shake firm and energetic. He could see the woman who had been so annoyed with him earlier, coming back with a plant and a handful of stones. She gave Xander a wary look but, for once, Xander decided to leave her be, watching her place her items on the counter out of the corner of his eye.

The witch quirked up an eyebrow in curiosity at the demon’s description of what a TV was. Since when had he last seen a TV? “Well, I’m not sure when the last time you saw a television was, but times have certainly changed. Some bigger and very expensive ones can reach almost a whole wall, and they’re certainly a lot more smaller width-wise anyways. They’re weren’t the size of a box for quite a while.” Even if he wasn’t sure when Xander last saw a television, he wasn’t going to ask. Why would he? It wasn’t something that had to do with him.

Aaron switched his attention from Xander to the woman, taking a look at the price tags tied onto each item and telling her what the total for the items was, beginning to bag the items as she would get out what she owed for these items, all while making idle chatter with the tall man. “I’m curious, are you going to buy something again or just chat and tell me the successes of your prank?”

Xander thought for a moment, trying to figure that out "Uh... Well, they were quite new..." he said, rubbing his chin I thought. "Or maybe they were just becoming common?" He muttered.

Xander shrugged "Do I have to buy things?" He asked, pouting slightly. He'd already bought two things from the store, and while he quite liked Aaron it was very annoying trying to figure out money. "Though I was inclined to just sit here and talk... Or maybe just go and get more chocolate. You'd think buying an entire case would last longer..." he said with a shrug.

Aaron hummed absentmindedly, nodding at Xander's confusion. "Don't know when you last saw one, but they are extremely common nowadays. Look in any house you want, there's a TV there." He tapped his fingers against the counter softly as the demon thought.

The witch had looked at him with an expression close to being dumbfounded when he spoke. "An entire case? Wow." He paused for a second, kneeling behind the counter as if to take something out, standing up straight within a few moments with something in his hand. It was a chocolate bar. "Here." The witch was grateful towards the demon, as selling chocolate bars to kids had helped gain more money, as parents would buy items and then buy some candy for their kids at the same place. "On the house."

Xander chuckled "I don't think youre allowed to just wander into random houses... generally frowned upon, I thought. Though now I am curious." He admitted as the woman he had been bothering finished paying for her items before hustling out. "Bye!" Xander called out to her, though she made a point of ignoring him.

"I even tried to ration it, I did make it the week, but still." He said, an obvious hint of dismay in his voice. He was actuslly quite disappointed it hadn't lasted longer.

The demon peaked behind the counter, though Aaron was blocking his view of whatever he was getting, watching him curiously before holding out a chocolate bar. Xander's face split into a genuine smile, as he took the chocolate, and tearing the wrapper open. "You are a wonderful person, thank you!" He said, tilting the chocolate in Aaron's direction, as if to toast him. "You actually decided to stock candy?" He asked as he ate.

Aaron nodded in acknowledgment, "that's true. Well, just peek through their windows then." He joked, his mouth going into a smile.

The witch felt good at seeing the demon thank him, with a seemingly genuine smile. He nodded. "Yeah, it was a really good idea. I think it actually got us more customers and more income so uh, thanks." He scratched his neck softly, feeling a bit odd. He didn't usually thank others, more of the opposite as he would take it upon himself to get things done right. "The kids like it, it gets me and Liam more money, it's a win-win."

"I could do that..." He agreed, stroking his chin in thought. He was, of course, genuinely considering it. "Yeah, alright I guess I can take a peak..." he said, voice trailing off.

Xander picked at the chocolate, trying to savor it. "You're very welcome! I'm glad my brilliant idea is helping you both out." he grinned, winking at Aaron. He looked around, the shop empty once again, and deciding now was an appropriate time to hop back on the counter to sit on it. "This is good chocolate." he added, disappointed that he was already half-way through it.

Aaron's eyes widened as he watched Xander consider his joke a good idea, "actually, uh, don't! I was just joking, that'd probably be a really bad idea…" He laughed nervous, absentmindedly scratching the crook of his neck, looking back at the demon. "Please don't do that, I'd rather not get anyone in trouble."

He quickly relaxed and responded with a smile, averting his eyes away at seeing that the demon was winking at him. His smile grew a bit with a soft chuckle, not even nothing to do anything about the counter at this point. "Well, uh, I'm glad you like it. I just went and stocked the chocolate with my personal favorite brand so uh… Yeah. The plus side too is that it's quite cheap as well, so there's that."

Xander's face was a mixture of amusement and offense. "You... Do you think I'd get caught?" he said, a hint of real hurt in a tone full of amusement. He had no idea Aaron had so little in faith in him. Hadn't he just proven how incredibly resourceful he was? He let out a hefty sigh, both for his new friend's lack of faith, and for the last piece of chocolate he was now eating.

"And alas I must woefully accept that it's gone." Xander's eyes didn't leave Aaron's face, raising an eyebrow as the other man turned to look away from a moment. "I'll be honest, I've yet to eat chocolate I didn't like. I hope that day never comes." He paused a moment,, watching Aaron intently, eyes narrowed in thought. "So... since we're friends, we should go do something." He said finally.

Aaron looked back at Xander with a look of curiosity, strongly considering answering the demon's question when hearing his tone of amusement. He shrugged, deadpanning. "Hey, I haven't seen you in action. How am I going to fully trust you if you only tell me what happened? For all I know, all of that could've just been one big lie, for whatever reason."

His rambling had stopped once his train of thought stopped in its tracks, speaking with a deadpan sense of humor. "Rest in pieces, chocolate bar." He noticed that the demon was staring at him, and for what that's worth, it made the brunette a bit uncomfortable, taking a tiny step back. Of course, it didn't stop his brows from quirking up in interest and surprise at hearing the next sentence. Friends? Since when were they friends? The witch let out a quiet sigh, looking at the demon with a flat expression. "It's not like I can exactly leave the shop alone while it's my shift."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back