• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Wand Chooses the Wizard - Roleplay

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Cerci Nyx

Mood: ...

Interactions: Albert

Subject: Potions

As always the start of year feast was a wonderful time for both students and staff alike. The staff table held many familiar faces but several new ones as well. Among the new faces, Professor Cerci Nyx recognized her former student Sabrina Shore who had been hired on as the new Transfigurations Professor. While the redhead was young Cerci was more than aware of her mind and maturity being well suited for the role. Like many of the Shore’s Sabrina had been a shining example of Hogwarts success as well as the greatness expected of her family name. It was a heavy burden to bear, a name could hold so much power in this world and she was all too familiar with what could happen when that name was tarnished. Aside from Sabrina, it seemed they had another star joining the ranks of the staff as none other than Alicia Washington sat between Tamzin and Birger. It seemed that the world-famous athlete had taken a break from professional quidditch after winning this year's Quidditch World Cup, and not for the first time either. From what Cerci had gathered this young woman wanted to take time to encourage the love of quidditch in younger generations thus she applied to Hogwarts to fill the role of Flying Professor and Quidditch Coach. An admirable goal if what she had heard was true but she hoped the young witch would remember to treat the students as students rather than friends, if not it could make for great difficulty being seen as unbiased in a match.

The Potion Master's rich brown eyes glowed whiskey gold in the candlelight as she looked out upon the students and took a sip of her wine. As to be expected many of the 17-year-olds had made their way towards the goblet at the head of the great hall and were quarreling amongst themselves. Her eyes watched the members of Slytherin house closely. She was more than aware of how reactive Sebastian Blake could be but it seemed the young man was being put in his place along with several others by Skyri Shore. A small smirk pulled at her deep burgundy lips as she watched the scene unfold. It wasn’t often young Skyri found her voice in such a way and it was lucky for the others that she had or all the houses would have risked losing points on the first night. Of course, Professor Nyx being head of Slytherin house might make others believe she would go easier on the students of the serpent crest but anyone who truly knows the Potions Master would have a deep understanding that she would take points from her own house as easily as she would any of the others. She had high expectations for all of her students and as much as she would help those who put in effort she was also more than willing to let those who squander opportunity suffer the consequences of their own actions.

Speaking of behavior and the possibility of lost points a loud disruption from the Hufflepuff table grabbed her attention. It seemed that Albert Ahearn had decided to act out against several of his fellow students by using magic against them. Swiftly Professor Nyx stood and descended the steps with all the elegance and authority of a queen, her eyes blazing like golden flames as she approached the student. “Mr. Ahearn I neither know or care about the behavior you are allowed to exhibit at home but in these walls and on these grounds you are not to use your magic against another student unless in a sanctioned duel or classroom!” She reprimanded him with a scathing tone. “Now bring them down and apologize to them at once. Your behavior will come at the cost of 40 points from Hufflepuff tonight.” She declared, taking 10 points per student who had been acted against. “Find a better way to deal with your emotions before you end up spending every weekend of this school year in detention.” The finality of her words made it clear that this conversation was at an end and in no way open for debate. Behind her, she could practically sense the shame and disappointment rolling off of Tamzin as the head of Hufflepuff house would likely have a good amount on her plate early in the year if behavior like this continued.

T Thatguy1

code by Stardust Galaxy

Calista Monroe
Ravenclaw, Seeker, Half-Veela
location here
mood here
outfit here
interactions

Soren BOKEH. BOKEH.

Calista rose from her seat heading towards the goblet of course she would be putting her name in. She made her way over with confident steps, swiftly writing her name on a slip of paper. She let it fall into the flames with a smile upon her face before flicking her long platinum blonde hair behind her. Her footsteps were almost soundless as she left the goblet behind her as she made her way back towards her seat to converse a bit more with those at her house table. Her eyes returning to Soren.”So do you plan on putting your name in? You have to, I just did.”she said with a grin. A certain warmth seemed to radiate from her. She blinked confused when some boys started trying to impress her with things she knew they hadn’t done.”Oh oops.”she said, having not meant to put her Veela charm on. It must have happened because she wanted Soren to do something.

Calista noticed Soren’s face had also softened for a moment.”Sorry about that I was just excited and let my powers slip out a bit.”she said amused. When Soren shook his head letting her know it was ok she relaxed.”Anyways I got some new sweets from my cousins in Paris. Once we get back to our common room I’d be happy to share them with you. We can talk about how our summers were. I’ve only gotten a chance to speak with Rafe so far.”she said amused having ridden with him on the train. She let her gaze roam to see who all else was putting their names into the goblet she also wondered who would put it in once there weren’t any eyes watching them. This was gonna end up being once exciting year for everyone with an event like this.

coded by natasha.

scroll

ravenclaw

soren.

mood

a mix of things

great hall

interactions

lydia (briefly), calista

tags

Soren could not have predicted a scolding from a certain strawberry brunette to be in the cards that evening. Even so, the wavy-haired boy found the girl’s behavior to be a bit amusing. He lifted a single brow at the girl and, in an almost flat tone of voice, he responded, “Your faith in me is astounding, Lydia.” But he had hardly gotten the words out before the girl hurried away to torment another poor soul in the form of a red-haired Gryffindor. Soren shook his head, suppressing a grin that threatened to take hold of his lips.

His gaze flickered away from Lydia and towards a familiar blonde who had joined the conversation.

”Oh, I think Soren will be just fine. Though I’m sure he could handle it just fine. It’s just a shame because it’ll be my name picked out for our house, sooo he might as well not put his name in any way.”

Calista had always enjoyed messing with him. While he was not necessarily the most friendly of individuals at Hogwarts, he did reserve a bit of lightheartedness for those he considered friends. “Mmm, your humility would be the determining factor in such matters, no doubt,” he countered wittily.

The Ravenclaw boy watched as the blue-eyed beauty briefly rose from her seat to put her name in the goblet. His eyes tracked her movement as she crossed the stone floor and deposited her name into the flame of the goblet. When she made her way back to their table, her lips were tipped up in delight at her decision.

“So, do you plan on putting your name in? You have to, I just did.” Soren could feel the sudden abnormal allure in her words wrapping around his mind. The peculiar sensation that started to arise within him seemed to creep on the edges of his normal senses. But that odd feeling seemed to dissipate as quickly as it had arisen.

Despite her amusement, Calista was quick to apologize for her minor mistake. However, Soren was equally as swift to brush it off. After all, she had never given him any reason to believe she would willingly use her unique abilities on him. Nevertheless, he would be lying if he claimed he was not a little unsettled by the intrusion.

”Sweets, you say? Perhaps I will have to take you up on that offer,” he said as his lips curved up slightly, ”But, first, there is something I would like to do.” With that, the young man drew a small piece of parchment from his pocket and wrote his name down on it. He held Calista’s gaze briefly with an indecipherable expression on his face as he stood from his seat and moved to stand before the goblet. With the flame of the goblet reflecting in his hazel eyes, he let the small piece of paper with his name slip from his fingers and into the goblet.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
Rafe Blue
Slytherin, Pureblood
location here
mood here
outfit here
interactions

Reesa Sanctuaryforall1 Sanctuaryforall1

Rafe had been finishing up his meal when he finally made his way over the cup depositing his name into it. His gaze watched as Reesa suddenly seemed to flee from the great hall looking upset. He raised an eyebrow wondering what was going on to have her running away like that. So he headed back to the table and grabbed his small bag that he had brought with him before heading off after her. He searched then spotted her blonde hair not far away from where he currently stood. He quickened his pace.”Hey Reesa wait up.”he called to her before making his way over fully to her. Once he was closer he could see by some of the small motions and look on her face that she really was upset about something. He slid a hand into his bag before producing what appeared to be expensive chocolate. “Here, why don’t you try some of this.”he said with a grin.

He wasn’t sure what was exactly going on however he knew she enjoyed sweets so this would hopefully perk her up.”How was your summer? Mine was pretty boring if I’m being honest. Nothing like listening to your family talk about pure bloods and marriages.”he said with a scowl. Most people knew Rafe came from a family who used to be and more than likely were still dark wizards. His parents were a bit more relaxed though his grandparents were very set in their ideals however Rafe still loved his family very much even if he didn’t agree with all of their ways. He was thankful his parents for the most part were letting him do as he pleased. His gaze went back to Reesa when she finally took so chocolate and began talking with him.”Oh yeah I just put my name into the goblet it’ll be interesting to see who all gets chosen.”

coded by natasha.

1700745457595.png
Lyra Moonbane - Ravenclaw
Great Hall
Interacting with Soren and Calista​

The train ride there was largely uneventful, but a little quiet. It would be the first year without Castor there with her and she was feeling a little nervous. This would be the first time she was all alone. Even still, she knew she would make the most of this year and maybe even come out of her shell a little. As they sat in the compartment, she drew her companions, laughing at the adventures of their holidays. Her own was spent looking after her animals, and they went on a small two-week holiday to Rome. Something she had really enjoyed. There were new spells she had discovered which she was really excited to try out when she had the chance and the theory behind it down. It wouldn't do to hurt herself trying a spell that probably wasn't allowed in Hogwarts. Putting her notebook away, she finally changed into her school robes and they had arrived in Hogsmeade already. The ride up here always seemed to get shorter the more times she took it. Smiling down at the nervous first years, she encouraged them to go to the boats. It was always such a magical way to arrive at Hogwarts. They welcomed new students to Ravenclaw, smiling at making them feel welcome.

The headmaster had announced the tournament and she watched as people put their names in the goblet from all houses. As much as she would like to, the tasks were always challenging and required creative thinking, however, they also required bravery, something she did not have. Her brothers would have, they were both sorted in Gryffindor, which had been surprising as everyone in her family was either sorted in Slytherin or Ravenclaw. Looking towards Soren and Calista, the two speaking about who would get chosen for their house, she tilted her head at them. "Well, better you guys than me. I don't think I'd fair too well." It's not that she got scared easily, it's just that she didn't really like the unknown, and this tournament was known for it. "What do you think it would involve this time?" Lyra asked them, curious if they repeated any task in previous years. Perhaps it might be something that she would look up later on. Picking up a banana, she put it in her back before pulling a liquorice wand from her bag. There was always a steady supply in her bag, which either she or her brothers kept topped up.

Last edited:
hottie-bellamy-blake.gif

Sebastian Blake - Slytherin - 6th Year
Interacting With: Reesa and
Skyri Sanctuaryforall1 Sanctuaryforall1

Ever the type to toy with danger, a devil-may-care smile began to tug at the edges of Sebastian’s lips. His dark amber eyes not so subtly looking Reesa up and down as if he were sizing up his competition. “If you wanted my attention princess, you could’ve just asked.” he purred with a wink, his molten gaze following after her as she stormed out of the great hall. He was surprised by the hufflepuff’s outburst. He had known Reesa since first year, and he had never seen her that riled up, but what did Bash know? He had hoped his parting remark would spur on another reaction from the blonde, but Reesa didn’t give him the time of day as she sauntered off, leaving an icy chill in her wake. He shrugged it off as there were a few snickers from behind him, some of the other slytherin quidditch players no doubt enjoying Sebastian’s little performance… he had always enjoyed an audience.

It did not pass Bastian’s notice that they had attracted quite the crowd. In fact, it brought the older boy glee to know that just about the whole school wanted to see what Saber and Sebastian were up to now. Bash set his jaw, the muscles in his neck tightening dangerously as he practically growled. He took another step forward, closing the gab between himself and Saber, his right hand rising as if he were about to reach out and shove the red headed male. But, before Bash could fully comprehend what had happened, there was a fuzzy little niffler in his hand, and his brows furrowed in confusion. At some point, the littlest Shore had waltzed her way into the growing crowd of onlookers and had placed herself between the two boys, much to Bash’s dismay. He probably would’ve just moved her aside, stepped around her like she wasn’t there, had she not dropped a little ball of chaos in his arms.

His head tilted ever so slightly as he watched the creature, who seemed to be waving at him. “I’m not a babysitter.” He growled lowly, picking up the niffler gently by the scruff of the neck and inspecting it like it was some foreign, contaminated object. It didn’t take long for the little rodent like fuzzball to attempt to steal the ring right off of Sebastian’s finger. The attempt, though unsuccessfully, brought the tiniest of sympathetic smiles to the slytherin boys lips, though he wouldn’t admit it. Pulling his face back into a mask of discontent and annoyance, Sebastian caught Skyri by the back of her robe, tugging her back towards him until she was practically pressed up against his chest. “Not so fast, little dove.” he muttered, gently plopping her pet back into her arms with a roll of his eyes.

When she finally turned back around to face him, Bash did little to hide the way his gaze roamed over the younger girl. She had certainly grown since the last time he had seen her, no longer a little girl but a young woman, and the older boy couldn’t help but grin. “Ravenclaw, huh?” he tilted his head as though the notion was amusing, “I would have pegged you for a gryffindor with all that bravery.” his tone sounded mocking, but in truth, he was impressed by the girls courage. Not only had she thrown herself between two men much larger than herself, but she had also had the courage to stand up to her own brother and friend in front of an ever growing crowd of onlookers. Perhaps he might’ve let their conversation go on longer had he not heard Dorian’s voice calling him, asking to help get the first year slytherin students settled in their dorms. “Right behind you.” he called back to Dorian, walking backwards towards his friend, his eyes remaining fixed on Skyri until the last possible second, when he finally turned away and made his way out of the great hall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back