The Walking Dead: The Journey of Two. [Inactive]

Retribution

Retribution submitted a new role play:

The Walking Dead: The Journey of Two. - "I promised I would see you one day, sadly it had to happen like this."

The dead walk among the living, and we're all acting like it's a freaking party. What a way to live in a new dead world. View attachment 31165
Read more about this role play... 

Battlefield%204%20-%20Fishing%20in%20Baku%20screen%206%20-%20WM.JPG

"Well, long tall Sally, she's built for speed, she's got everything uncle John needs!" The lyrics of a classic song written back in the 60's were blaring in the ears of a former U.S. marine who had returned home two years back. His head was nodding slowly as he reminisced about his tour back in Afghanistan. Those were the times the former marine thought but soon his day dream was ruined by his boot being kicked by a friend of his.

"Hey, jerk off, wake up. We have Z's at the gates, it's your turn to show off your crack shots." The wise ass's name who kicked the marine's boot is D.J. Riddle, a old friend of the marines. A smart ass but a good friend too. "E.J., come on!" Riddle yelled at E.J. the former marine to get up and so he got up. He pushed himself off the rubble covered floor and shrugged his large shoulders before slinging his gear over his back and strapping it to his chest. He reached over to the wall where his M16A3 assault rifle was sitting on its side and shouldered it to his side. He remembered grabbing this weapon exactly two years back when all of Hell broke loose. The National Guard were over run and some of the Alabamian hicks were the only ones who had a chance to survive.

"Yeah, yeah I'm going. I was just trying to get a little bit of me time." E.J. said with a sigh and a roll of his eyes as he detached the magazine from his gun and checked the rounds he had left in them. He nodded with delight noticing he had 25 rounds left out of the 30 he started off with. The pair walked outside into the sunlight, E.J. slid his pair of dusty aviators down over his eyes and pulled his beanie out from his side pocket below his Bowie knife and slipped it over his short hair head. He looked towards the gates that were a few blocks down. He could see the stray Z's that were trying to claw their way through the iron gates. The ex-marine raised his weapon and placed the gun on single shot mode and reaching up to the scope he clicked a few dials before locking on the Z's head. "Dig this." He said calmly before double tapping the trigger and striking two Z's right in the dome. He watched how their heads jerked back with their rotting brains flying out the back of their mangled heads. "Boom! Head shot!" Riddle looked at E.J. when he yelled out the small victory chant and laughed before patting his back. The pair had made it to Springville, Alabama a few months ago after promising a woman E.J. had been wanting too meet for a while, even before the outbreak. He wondered what she was doing this morning, probably helping her grandmother with breakfast or doing her fair share of killing Z's.

A young woman that was roughly the age of eighteen woke up in the gated community of The Gardens by several guns letting loose their lethal slugs of lead. It had been two years, and she still couldn't get a decent nights rest. There were dramatic bags under her eyes, and a slight malnourished look to herself. The gated community had food, but the stress had taken a toll on her. She still had curves because of her thicker bone structure, but she just looked unhealthy. She began to lift herself out of bed when the sounds of screaming pierced her pale ears, making adrenaline surge through her. She was in motion instantly. She slipped her military camo pants on over her underwear, slipped on her combat boots, and grabbed her father's old long-sword. He had given it to her on her seventeenth birthday when all of this had began. She had never liked firearms. She blamed her love for the Renaissance for that. She slapped her belt with a scabbard around her waist and slammed her door open, flying down the stairs as quickly as she could.

The sounds of panic and screaming were still echoing throughout the area, and she feared the worse. She had already lost her parents to this disease, she did not want to loose the last of her family, if she did, she would be alone. She hit the floor with a loud clunk, then she was running down the hallway. When she entered the living room she had an urge to scream as well. Her whole body froze as she looked upon a sight that was all too familiar to her. The front door was open, there was a decaying smell of death, and the horrifying sounds of a body being torn into by fingers and teeth. She dared not look, but she had to, just to be sure. She slowly slipped out her sword, her emotions skyrocketing as she attempted to keep herself calm. She slowly turned to where a trail of dirt went to, and found her grandmother, on the ground, being eaten by her grandfather. Her grandmother's eyes were already cold. The woman couldn't take it any longer, she just couldn't. She let out a scream of horror as the final remainder of her family was torn apart, leaving her completely alone. Tears burst from her eyes as she quickly took the sword and shoved it into her grandfather's eye socket, ensuring that he wouldn't eat anyone else, then she did the same with her grandmother. Every moment was torture for her, every movement made pain explode in her chest. She couldn't think, all she could see was both her grandmother and grandfather dead.

Then she found herself running. Screams were coming from all over the community, and she knew that she was no longer safe there. She had to leave, she had to escape. There was no saving this place. She didn't look anywhere as she ran through the houses, going to the edge of the community. The Z's couldn't climb, so there was no need for barbed wire, not that the community had any.

"Kayla!" A voice called from behind her. She turned around in shock, losing her footing. She fell to the ground, landing on her side. She let out a cry of pain as her ankle began throbbing with pain. As she focused on the person that had called out to her, she had found that it was a man that had given her man a look as she did her market shopping, a man that she did not trust at all. He had a gun, and it was pointed right at her. "Come with me," he said, cocking the gun. Her eyes widened, and her heart began beating against her chest, a new wave of adrenaline hitting her. She didn't even realize as she pulled through the pain and ran. She heard a shot go off behind her, and then she felt something warm on the side of her arm, but she kept running.

She finally reached the gates and climbed up, vaulting over the side. She landed on the other side with little to no incident before continuing running. She barely remembered the fifteen minutes that followed after. All she knew was that she was walking now, a sharp pain in both her arm and her side, but she dared not take a moment to look at what was wrong, she just kept walking, her ankle throbbing with pain. Her emotions were shutting down, and she couldn't think about anything else but her grandmother laying on the floor, her dead eyes staring up at her. She was in a small length of forest. She then heard a rustle to her left and she froze, her hand on the hilt of her sword as she watched the place.

(In come E.J. Hope you like this.)

The duo had decided they would go on a tour of the place, make sure there wasn't any pack of Z's forming and trying to come through some weak spots. They headed for the first weak spot they knew of and as they walked Riddle heard a faint gun shot in the background and shrugged it off as someone probably practice shooting. He made sure his Shorty 12G by his chest, the gun-metal colored shotgun had etched marks of every zombie kill that the weapon made. E.J. kept the pace up and soon slid his aviators off his face and tucked them down his chest. He pressed his military issued boots on top of a curb and kept on walking across the paper littered grass and headed for some bushes. This was one of the weak spots, a delivery truck had struck the iron fence made a large gaping hole and as E.J. made his way through he heard the familiar sound of shuffling feet.

The ex-marine held a fist up beside near his head, signaling Riddle to hold his position. E.J. Instead of using his assault rifle and pulled out his P226, a 9mm pistol with laser sight and combat light. He slowly pressed himself against the side of the abandoned delivery truck and right when he jumped out to take the shot he quickly dropped the finger from the weapon and gasped seeing it was Kayla.

"Kayla, oh my God! Sh*t! Riddle, get up here and hand my medic-kit from my back." E.J. quickly raced to Kayla who looked to have been injured from a gunshot wound to her upper arm. He noticed she was favoring a leg, more than likely she twisted something; he could also tell she wasn't in the best of health. Riddle came up and unstrapped the large camouflage medical kit and held it while E.J. grabbed Kayla and helped her to the ground. E.J. quickly grabbed the kit and placed it in Kayla's lap and unzipped it. He grabbed some bandages, and whiskey he had with him. He quickly spun the cap open and poured some over her open wound before dabbing it with some cloth. He ripped her sleeve off and quickly bandaged her up before looking at her. "Kayla, where's your grandparents? Why are you out are alone? Why are shot? Riddle, get something to support her ankle - Kayla which one did you twist?" Riddle was beginning to take a brace out from the kit and size it up for her ankle. E.J. was still cleaning up her wound before taking a small tab of morphine and pushing it into her leg. The three just sat there waiting for her to speak.

Kayla had been ready to slash at whatever appeared, she had been ready to tear whatever it was to shreds, but then she saw the face of a man that she had known since she was sixteen, a man that had helped her through many depressions. A man that she had known before this shit started. She dropped her sword on the ground. She stared at disbelief as he came forward, catching her as she began to fall down. She heard muffled yells, then a stinging sensation in her arm as something cold was poured onto it. She couldn't focus, she was so tired, hungry and emotionally spent. She was able to focus just enough to hear him as what happened to her grandparents, and which ankle she had hurt. She felt someone touching her right ankle and whimpered, the pain bringing her focus back. As she looked up at E.J her eyes began to fill with tears once again. She attempted to make them cease, so that she wouldn't cry, but she couldn't help herself and tears began to fall down her face, her hands clutching onto the grass under her.

"T-The Z's," she paused, taking in a deep breath that was quite loud as more tears fell down her face. "They found their way into The Gardens. I think my Grandfather was bitten first, and he was one of the ones susceptible to the bites, and he quickly turned. My Grandmother didn't have a clue until it was too late," she paused again, the tears coming harder as she leaned into him and hid her face in his chest. "I heard her screams. I saw her body, lying there, being eaten by my grandfa-," she finally couldn't say anymore as her throat began to swell close. She clutched at his military clothing, knowing that she seemed like a fool, but she was suffering both mentally and physically.

"Fu*k! Fu*k! I'm sorry, I really am. Alright, let's get you up and let's get you to our safe zone. We'll make sure my mother get's you medicated and fed. Riddle, go get the buggy, shouldn't be far from here." Riddle nodded his head quickly and took off into a jog. His clanking gear grew faint with the distance leaving the two friends behind waiting. E.J. went to the back of the truck and used the butt of his rifle and knocked the door loose and allowed it to open. He then walked back to Kayla in a hurry and picked her up right off the pavement with ease and placed her into the back of the truck. He didn't want her on the ground. He grabbed his green metal canteen and unscrewed the cap quickly before handing it to her. "Here, drink up, drink it all." He wasn't worried about himself, he was trained to last without water for as long as he could. He jumped up and crawled into the back of the truck with her. He eyed her broad sword, it was a legit blade not a replica.

As they sat there the ex-marine thought hard about all the times they had role-played together from behind computer screens. Remembered all those times they exchanged pictures and how they fantasized about each other. He remembered how they would talk on Skype and he also remembered how he lost contact with her after he joined the marines, how he fought in the wars and now, now here they are. Her all banged up and him screwed up in the head because of all the war and all the drugs. He looked at her, slowly he reached and grabbed her hand and held it into his own gloved hand. He gave her a weak crooked smile before sighing.
"I promised I would see you one day, sadly it had to happen like this. I am sorry it took so long. I never forgot about you, about us, about our times we had. I never stopped thinking about you, not once, not ever."

Kayla had allowed him to pick her up, her tears beginning to evaporate, and her sobbing beginning to cease. He set her in the truck and she whimper at the hot metal, feeling like it was burning her, but the pain was helping her focus better. The throbbing in her ankle and arm were getting worse, but she knew that was good. If she was hurting she was living. She felt the hot metal shift underneath her as the man she had known for nearly four years crawled in with her. She was in shock at finally running into him. They had said things about seeing each other one day, of having a proper date, but then he left for the marines and they had lost contact with each other. She had spent a few nights crying at the thought of never meeting him. Then the outbreak began, and her thoughts began drifting towards survival. There hadn't been a day that went by when she hadn't thought of him.

He pressed a canister of water to her face, which she proceeded to grab with her uninjured arm. She tipped it and began to drink until she was sated, which was actually not a whole lot. Being poor all of her life, she was used to conserving resources, and she wasn't going to take all of his water. She screwed the cap back on and set it down. There was still half the water in it. Once she set it down he held her hand, squeezing it softly. "This isn't exactly how you pictured us meeting for the first time, is it?" She let out a small, broken laugh as she rested her head against his leg, looking up at the face that she had always wanted to see up close and in person. The morphine he had injected in her was beginning to take affect, and the throbbing began to dissipate. Her tense body began to relax into the warm truck bed as she looked up at him.

"Where are we going?" She rasped her voice just a tad raw from the crying and screaming she had been doing.

"It's to a house formerly used as a staging point for my squad now a small refugee camp. We moved all the National Guard equipment and gear there. A few marines that lived here in Springville have been a real help with the formation of our small camp. Good thing is our satellites are still in operation." Just as the battle hardened male was talking he could hear the rumbling motor of the Growler approaching. Riddle had made good time getting them transportation. E.J. got up and climbed out of the hot truck and helped Kayla down as well just as the vehicle approached. Riddle slowly came to a stop and threw it into park before coming out and helping E.J. put Kayla into the back seat. Riddle strapped her in before he got back into the drivers seat and E.J. getting shotgun. It wasn't any time longer that they were off driving down the road and heading for the woodland area.

"Get on the radio with HQ. Inform them we have on survivor coming back with us." Riddle said as he shifted gears. The dust and gravel of the dirt road they were on was flying quickly past them. E.J. grabbed the radio off the front of the dash and dialed in the right channel and pressed the button down to speak. "Papa's Nest, this is Tombstone Actual. We have one birdie with us, I repeat we have one birdie with us." "Confirm? Tombstone Actual say again, you have one birdie?" "Affirmative, Papa's Nest, we have one birdie, Tombstone Actual eta 10 minutes, out!" He reached out and placed the radio back on the dash before sitting back in his seat.

The trip didn't take long and soon enough they started to see the golden field of the farm. Large barricades could be seen as well barbed wire stretched all around the area. There were guard towers and a squadron of helicopters sitting around as well large tanker trucks with plenty of fuel to last them a couple years. The three were now pulling up to the check point with a few National Guard soldiers who nodded their heads to the two marines sitting in the Growler. Riddle pulled the vehicle up into the compound with a white farmhouse sitting at the very center. There are a few green tents pitched up all around the yard with soldiers and medical officers walking in and out and one of them was a volunteer which happened to be E.J.'s own mother.

"Alright, let's get her to mom." The Growler came to a stop and quickly E.J. jumped out and got Kayla unbuckled and helped to her feet. He walked her to the medical tent where his mother was awaiting them. Her tan skin and the obvious Hispanic race was shown in her attitude. "Get this poor baby into the tent, come on nina.." The RN helped her son and Kayla both into the tent. Riddle left them both to go and get debriefed. When E.J. got Kayla into a bed he knelt down beside her and smirked. "Don't let my mom push you around, she doesn't show much mercy."

battlefield-4-growler-itv.jpg
Prowler!

Kayla allowed herself to be moved around, not really saying anything on the drive. She had wished that E.J had sat back there with her, feeling almost as if he was giving her a cold shoulder. She knew that she was just getting overly emotional, though. She was running on three restless hours of sleep, and she was very hungry. She hadn't eaten in three days. Not because she had a lack of food, but because when she was stressed out her appetite was lacking. So even if food was thrust upon her at this point in time, she would most likely not eat much of it. As the Growler came to a stop, she continued to stay silent, not speaking to anyone. She was entering that part of shock and pain that she was shutting down. As E.J helped her out, and she came face to face with the man that she expected to be his mother, her face remained blank. She allowed herself to be laid in a bed, and she heard E.J say something to her, but she simply nodded and looked up to the ceiling, trying to keep the memories of just an hour ago. She wanted them to stop, but she could still hear the screaming, she could still see the blood and gristle. She began shaking on the bed slightly, her eyes tearing up again.

"Why won't the images go away?" She whispered.

It'd been exactly two weeks since they had rescued Kayla from the horror of The Gardens. The only form of leadership, a veteran captain who is a retired marine was forming up a plan to go back to The Gardens and raid the place for any supplies. E.J. knew he and his teammate Riddle would be one of the two squads going in. Right now that ex-marine was in the training tent with his bare chested body glistening in sweat as he did one handed pullups. When he satisfied with the number he had just done he dropped down and took a sweat rag he had and dried up the sweat around his body before grabbing his plain white-t and throwing it over his very muscular body. As he was walking out of the tent he was confronted by a messenger; they didn't use the PA system since the noise could attract the Z's to their location.

"Lieutenant, Captain Patterson wants Tombstone Actual at the briefing tent in one hour." The messenger saluted before marching off. E.J. sighed as he headed towards the other tents where he knew he'll find Kayla trying to get over the horrors she had gone through. He wondered if she would want anything out of that house and he'd do it as a special request during the mission. As he made is way across the dusty gravel pathway he noticed her along with her broad sword. He smiled seeing the fact she was up and around which was good. When he eventually reached her he placed a soft hand on the small of her back and smiled down at her.

"Hey, kiddo! How you holding up? Need anything?" He wasn't exactly sure how he'd go by asking her if she wanted anything from the house where she saw her last bit of family get eaten.

Kayla was standing in a small patch of open grass that was just beyond a group of tents. Her arm had healed up with the help of quite a few stitches, and her ankle had gotten better overnight, though her mind was still in a state of disrepair. The images of the last of her family disappearing from her life was still fresh in her mind. She had her broad sword in her hands, looking at it. It was a special sword to her, the final memory she had of her father. She ran her fingers over the blade, and squeezed the hilt tightly. She had to ask E.J to wash the blood off of it, not being able to bear looking at the blood. She wasn't a squeamish by nature, but the thought of even touching the blood that had once belonged to her grandparents was too much to bear.

Her thoughts were drawn to the present as she heard the heavy footsteps of a man in combat boots begin to approach her. Her eyes flashed open and she slid her broadsword away, allowing him to come up to her and lay his hand on the small of her back. She didn't react too much to his presence beyond looking at him from the corner of her eye. Their friendship had been strained since he went to the Marines, and it was steadily becoming more strained as she let her emotions get the better of her. Her breathing was steady, but her eyes held pain that she was trying to keep hidden.

"I was my family back, I wan to be able to share my birthday with them," it was fast approaching October, and in just a week she would be turning nineteen. "That isn't going to happen though." Her body began to grow tense. "May I go on the raid with you guys?"

"You sure you wanna come along with us? I mean, I'm just worried you'll get yourself killed by doing something stupid." He gave her a simple stare and a crooked frown before kneeling down to just one knee. He placed his large hand on her back before rubbing it contently. He could tell she was still suffering from the loss of her remaining family. He knows the pain of not knowing if his family in Texas were alive or dead or worse. He remained there for a few more moments before getting back up to his feet and sighed. "It's up to you, Kayla. I'm going to go and get ready, if you really want to come with us on this raid then I suggest you get your supplies and proper weapons. Meet me at the garage in thirty minutes."

This role play has been marked "inactive". Inactive role plays are defined as "role plays showing 0 activity within a 30 day period".

Please contact an @Rp Moderator if you feel this was a mistake or if you would like to have your role play reactivated.

Thank you for your participation within the RpNation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back