TV & Film The Walking Dead: Daryl Series

Lorsh

Varlot
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
1695441675023.png

I'm finding it pretty entertaining. Sure, it's ripping off The Last of Us, but that's one of my favourite games... and besides, The Last of Us rips off of Children of Men, which is one of my favourite movies. So anything remotely similar to either is kinda fine with me.

Costume wise, the Guerriers / Cause soldiers look a lot like Fireflies/WLF soldiers/paramilitary types in TLOU. I don't mind this, because I prefer chest rigs, camo, leather, whatever - just anything is better than the costumes of the Commonwealth, Civic Republic, The Wardens, etc. who have those fucking lame YA dystopian / sci-fi getups.

1695441535121.png

The biggest similarity with TLOU (the HBO show, specifically) is that there's a kid who is born after their mother is infected, and they become potential saviours of humanity. Ellie's mom cuts her umbilical cord shortly after she's bit/Ellie is born, whereas Laurent's mother is bit, carries him for awhile, then dies during the birth, so Laurent is delivered from his zombified mom via C-section. Cool, whatever.

I'm most curious about the Cause. They were described as a "political movement"... which makes me bring up the question, is there some semblance of political institutions on France? How common are "Guerrier"-type militia groups? It seems a lot of young boys from the pre-outbreak days have since been recruited into them. Another similarity with the TLOU, is that this paramilitary organization is conducting experiments related to the infection.

Tbh, I hope they ripoff TLOU even more, and have the remnants of the French government fighting the Cause/guerriers, or something.​

Last edited:
To keep it a buck with you; they are milking the IP for all its worth.
However, every weekend I do sit down and watch some walking dead. Haven't got to check out the Daryl Dixon branch yet, though. Looks like a lot of fun. I've always wanted TWD to explore the Sci-fi side of their setting - concerning the origins of the 'walker plague' and its cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back