• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Walking Dead - Beth x Daryl

Daryl took a long drag of his cigarette from one hand with his crossbow in his other hand, staring out through the fences of the prison and to the woods surrounding it. No movement was seen other than the spare walkers lurking about and his fellow inhabitants of the prison doing his or her individual duties- tending to the newly planted fields, fortifying the fences, training the post-Woodbury citizens in combat. He observed them with indifference; this was every day life now.

Taking another long drag, Daryl looked up at the nearest guard tower. Glenn was on duty for the shift, his gun relaxed in his hand yet his eyes observant of the movements around him all the same. Daryl felt a bit of admiration for the young man. For a young, anxious boy who use to just deliver pizzas for a living and annoy the hell out of Daryl, Glenn was turning out to be one of the strongest members of their community.

As all the people in the prison, Daryl could have never seen his life ending up as it was now. Well, perhaps he would have ended up in prison, but certainly not in this manner. He had always been a survivor, as had his big brother Merle. But he would have never imagined that surviving involved fighting undead humans and taking up with complete strangers who he would have never associated with in a previous life.

Take for instance: Rick Grimes. An officer of the law, a man of his word. A southern Bruce Wayne without a fortune to help him and a costume to disguise his acts of justice. No, Daryl Dixon would have never associated himself with Rick Grimes in a past life. If anything, Daryl would have been on the other side of him, in the back of a cop car with handcuffs and his rights read to him. But over the past year and a half, Rick Grimes had proven himself not only to be an honorable man, but a true friend. Daryl looked up to him like a long lost brother that he needed a long time ago but never had at least not with Merle. Without him, Daryl would have been dead a long time ago, or-at the worst-an outcast in this lonely new world.

"You certainly seem deep in thought."

Daryl turned to see Carol beside him, a rifle in her hand and a knowing look on her face. He dropped his cigarette and snuffed it out under his biker boots, not taking his eyes off of the prison yard.

"Just thinkin' 'bout how we need some other way t' make the fences stronger other than spending the entire day killin' walkers," he responded casually, glancing towards Tyreese and Karen repetitively stabbing walkers through the head at the fence.

Carol nodded. "I agree; stronger protections are needed. We can't waste our energy every day doing things that we would have to do anyway outside of these walls." She paused, looking around the yard. "But for now, it's what seems to be working best."

Daryl didn't respond, but he was glad that Carol agreed with him. His admiration for Carol with as deep as his for Rick, if not deeper. For someone who use to be so weak, Carol was one of the wisest and toughest people that was in the prison. He was glad that someone else saw the weakness in their home other than himself.

"Have you told Rick this yet?" He turned to her, eyeing her keenly. "You're on the Council, y'know."

Carol eyed him back. "So are you. Why don't you say something?"

Shrugging, Daryl fidgeted with his knife in its sheath. "I'm more for huntin' and trackin' than strategizin'."

"Your opinion is still valued, too, you know," Carol pointed out.

Daryl shifted uneasily. "Doesn't matter." He had never cared to be on the Council. After the fall of Woodbury and the disappearance of the Governor, it only seemed obvious that some sort of government should be taken up at the prison so that it didn't become a sort of place like Woodbury. A makeshift democracy had been formed at this point, and Daryl had suddenly been swept up into part of the five member council at Rick's insistence. He still didn't understand why, but Daryl would never argue against having the power to get people listen to him and follow through with his advice. In his opinion, most people were idiots.

"Uh-huh," Carol scoffed. She balanced the gun in her hands, checking its ammo to make sure that it was loaded. "So I have a favor to ask you."

Daryl tensed, turning to Carol. "Yeah?"

"I volunteered for guard duty tomorrow evening, mainly because Glenn and Maggie need a break," Carol began. Daryl waited. She signed heavily, signaling the weight of the favor about to unveil. "I've been training the younger generation to fight and be prepared for combat, and I normally like to get it done in the afternoon after some of their other basic education has been dealt with."

Daryl nodded, but he quickly became anxious. Carol had been training all of the kids who were old enough to hold a weapon in combat and tactical skills along with some of the other adults. Most of those kids were no older than fourteen. Even after almost two years, they were as stubborn and as clueless as ever in the ways to survive in this new world. Carol seemed to be the one who the children listened to the most. Daryl wasn't exactly the expert when it came to talking to kids, let along training them. His patience was thin enough with the adults around there.

"I don't want them to miss a lesson just because of my responsibilities," Carol continued, keeping an eye on his face to observe his reactions, "so I was hoping that maybe you would give them a lesson in tracking or at least in how to handle guns tomorrow."

There it was. Daryl drew in a breath. "I dunno," he almost stammered. "Kids were never really my thing." He shifted his tone to a confident teasing. "I tend t' intimidate the older ones already, let alone the young'ns."

"You're good with Judith," Carol pressed.

Daryl snorted. "She's a baby. She can't even talk. That's a plus in my book." Daryl gave a small chuckle at Carol's disapproving look, but he looked away out at the prison yard. No, children were not his things. They were too innocent, too weak to go without protection of an adult. And if you couldn't help them, you let them down. Or worse, they were lost or killed.

His mind automatically went back to a long time ago, and he remembered when a little girl walked out of a barn, dead eyes bright but empty in the sunlight. He shivered, hoping Carol would not notice. Daryl still felt like he had let Sophia down, like he could have looked more or protected her more. But he couldn't. No, he would help where he could but when it came down to it, he would protect himself and would only hope for the best from others. Feeling the pressure of someone relying on him was too much.

Carol looked at Daryl knowingly, and she softened. "They're braver than you think," Carol stated. Raising her chin, she said with pride, "If anything, they're catching on quicker than most adults have so far. They're on their way to knowing how to protect themselves, and we both know that's what is important."

Daryl still didn't look at her, but he nodded slowly at this. Yes, he did believe that the kids should be better prepared to defend themselves. His thoughts ran back to Sophia, and he felt a pang of sympathy for Carol. If she had had the kind of training that Carol was insisting for these kids now, then maybe Sophia would have survived rather than succumb to her fate. He saw now why this was important to Carol. Feeling his emotions of anger and guilt from the past emerge again, he quickly slid Sophia into the back of his mind. But he had made up his mind.

"Okay," Daryl finally said. He saw Carol relax with relief. "But I'm not going to go easy on 'em," he promised her. "They got t' toughen up."

"I know," Carol said. "If it makes you feel better, at least you'll have Beth there to help you out."

Daryl raised an eyebrow. "Beth? I didn't think that she was one for gun slingin' like her sister is."

Carol nodded, slightly amused at his brash opinion. "She's not, but I think she just feels too comfortable behind the prison walls. But you'd be surprised with her now. She's stronger than back on the farm." She ignored Daryl's scoff, adding, "If anything, though, she'll act as a buffer between you and the kids."

"Yeah," Daryl snorted, reaching in his pocket for another cigarette. "Because she just got done bein' one."

Carol shook her head, but an agreement had been struck between them. Lighting his cigarette, Daryl left Carol alone and headed towards the fences. He wasn't looking forward to his new role as a teacher, but the idea of those kids being able to protect themselves made him feel better. It meant that he would have less to feel guilty about if he couldn't protect them; a selfish thought, yes, but it made him feel better nonetheless. But for now, he didn't have to worry about the lessons, so he pushed it out of his mind. Daryl wasn't doing anything of importance at the moment; he might as well go kill some walkers so that he could have some pointers for killing fresh on his mind for his class tomorrow.

Thanks for making it this far and hopefully reading all of my prompt, nothing super interesting but it paints the picture. So I started watching The Walking Dead again and have fallen in love with Daryl and Beth all over again, seriously Beth should of gotten more screen time.

Now we can go with the prompt I wrote up or we can brainstorm some other ideas. We can go canon or off canon or a bit of both. Set it on the farm, in prison or on the road. The prompt above I'm not exactly sure about so definitely open to other story ideas.

I'd like to play the role of Daryl so I'm searching for someone to play as Beth. We could do a rp using other characters such as Rick, Maggie or OCs. I prefer to role play on Google docs and use a messenger such as k messenger, skype, google hangouts/chat or yahoo msger. I'd like this to be primarily story driven with interesting character development and a good plot.

So if this interests you shoot me a message

Users who are viewing this thread

Back