• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Voice in my Head

InactiveCoffee

Inactive
This is a 1 x 1 between Coffee (me) and @ChibiMonkey

DARK THEME

❝ I think I fell in love again…

Maybe I just took too much cough medicine.❞

Muse A has always been a misfit. To make up for their lack of friends, they had imaginary friends as a child. Now in their teenage years, they’ve grown past the age where their parents set an extra place at the table or ask the imaginary friends what sort of ice cream they want from the store.

Still, in their solitude, Muse A invents a new imaginary friend, Muse B. Muse A’s very intelligent, creative mind creates a persona so real, that their parents can’t tell that they’re not talking about a real person when they talk about Muse B.

As time goes on, Muse B seems more and more real to Muse A, and their connection grows stronger, perhaps even to the point of romantic feelings. Muse A is content to have such a close relationship, but becomes worried when Muse B starts suggesting activities that aren’t particularly legal… or safe. Muse B wants Muse A to hurt themselves, and others, for a laugh, and threatens to do the work themselves if Muse A doesn’t comply. Can Muse A defend themselves against a figment of their own imagination? Or will they give in for fear of losing Muse B?

Muse A - Dethbycoffee

Muse B - ChibiMonkey

artworks-000100908165-hltchu-t500x500_zpsmugkdfxv.jpg

"My scars remind me that the past is real. I tear my heart open just to feel"

Name:

Nicodemus Harold Rayburn

Nickname:

Nick

Male

Likes/Dislikes:

+Scary Movies

+Camping

+Animals

+Swimming

-Jackasses/Bullies

-Judgmental people

-Being touched

-Cramped spaces

Fears:

-Small, cramped spaces

-Being trapped in anyway

-Drowning

Hobbies:

+Swimming

+Parkour

+Drawing

+Hiking

Habits:

+When he's nervous or bored he's twirls his ring around his finger

-ring finger, right hand

+Always fiddling with whatever he has in his hands at the moment

+Bites his bottom lip when in thought

Personality:

Nick has always been the social outcast since elementary. He shies away from physical contact, and will usually keep to himself just to avoid people touching him. He is a loner, and prefers not to talk to anyone other than his friends. He's distant, and sometimes cold.

History:

Nick didn't necessarily have a horrid childhood, but it wasn't exactly the greatest either. He has never known his real dad, and honestly could care less if he ever meets him at all. Though his mom did achieve marriage to another man when Nick was only six years old, and unfortunately, this man had some sick fascinations. Often used as a personal ashtray, there are numerous small dots that are actually scars ranging from Nick's arms, chest, and back. Otherwise, there wasn't much else that was horrid in his childhood, and when he was fourteen, his school and mother discovered what his step-father had been doing for so many years. Unfortunately, his mother refused to aide him. So, in court, he was granted emancipation from his parents, and now lives alone. He's paid monthly by his parents via bank transfers to sustain him until graduation.

Relationships:

x None

Other:

x WIP

199673_1363659311060_full.png

Name:

Allison ---

Nickname:

Ally or Alice

Unknown

Female

Likes/Dislikes:

+Scary Movies

+Animals

- Bullies

- Adults

-Cramped spaces

Fears:

- Being ignored or forgotten

- Being Alone

- Losing Nick

Hobbies:

--- Typically with Nick, doing whatever he is

Habits:

-Hanging upside down from things, either on the couch or a tree branch, etc

- Tugging on her hair when stressed or thinking

Personality:

Contrary to Nick, Ally can be a pretty talkative person, as if to make up for Nick's lack of social abilities, she's more sociable with Nick. Though he of course created her through his imagination, she's there for him, and typically is always there with Nick, keeping him company. Although she can be known to be a bit sinister in mind, making rather aggressive or sick jokes about the kids in school who bully Nick, or talking about crazy ideas of heres. Of course, thats what its always been, just her crazy ideas, for now.

History:

She doesn't really have much of a history of her own. She started appeared for Nick's support and comfort, sort of like a friend to stick up for him when no one else would, when his step-father started abusing him, regarding the cigarettes and burning them out on him. She of course has no friends or family of her own, her only relationship and connection being with Nick, who she cares for very much and is very protective over. As noticed, a lot of her hobbies or interests are similar to that of Nicks, since she was created from his mind, though she does have her own individuality still.​

Nicodemus grumbled softly, walking through the front door of his small apartment. He dropped his backpack beside the door as he kicked off his shoes, and his keys landed on the small table that was beside the door. His habit he forced himself into so that he'd hopefully never lose his keys. He reached up and ran a hand through his hair, sighing. "I'm back." he called to the empty apartment, well, empty to anyone but him. He trudged over to the couch, flopping over onto it, and reached for the remote. "Anything interesting happen while I was at school?" he asked, turning the television on. He quietly began to surf through the channels, not really noticing the programs that passed by as he monotonously pressed the channel up button.

Eventually he tossed the remote back to where it had been sitting, the television on a random channel, cooking apparently. He tucked his arms behind his head and looked up at the ceiling. "So it's summer break now. What should we do? I don't have to worry about school until fall." he continued speaking, still to what anyone would see as the empty air, possibly the walls. Yet, Nick knew better. Somewhere within these walls was Allison, or Ally as he had come to call her. The one person who had been a constant in his life since he was ten, though nowhere near as real as she was now until he was thirteen. She had only seemed to continue becoming more and more real to him over the years. His imagination was so good, according to the last therapist he had spoken to, that he could touch Ally, hold her hand, toy with her hair, and it all felt real to him. Sometimes, it was hard for him to believe that no one else could see, touch, or hear her.

Today went on as a day just like any other. Nick was at school while she was left to her boredom in the apartment all by herself. Ally sighed for what had to have been the hundredth time in the past ten minutes. She was bored, and lonely. She wasn't created to be left alone and to her own thinking. She wanted to go with Nick but as he had gotten older he had insisted she didn't go with him to school. But even though it's been like that for a while now, she was still just as lonely and bored as she always was when he left. Sometimes she would follow him to school anyways, but she didn't like when he was mad or upset with her, so to not have that happen, she didn't do it too often. She behaved herself and did as he said - usually.

Flopping herself onto Nick's bed, she pouted to herself as she spread herself out comfortably, taking up the whole bed "Nickkkkk" she whined to herself, bored and hoping he would come home soon. Turning her head, she looked to the clock on the wall reading the time. He should be out of class now, right? Why was he taking so long. She started to turn to herself for answers. Was it something she did? Had she done something recently? Was he taking extra long to get home to punish her?

Groaning she whined as she rolled over onto her stomach, burying her face into the pillow with yet another heavy sigh. Hearing the creak of the front door open, she instantly sat up attentive, listening to make sure he was actually home and she wasn't hearing things. Grinning as she heard the jingle of his keys hitting the table, she hopped out of the bed, running down the hall "Nick Nick!!" She called as he could hear him talking about the day and summer starting, and as for what to do. As she entered the living room with a rather high velocity, she leaped over the side armrest of the couch, diving through the air so she landed on the males lap with a thud on her stomach "About time you got home!" she huffed, rolling over onto her back so she looked up at him "Why'd you take so long?" she pouted as though she was hurt.

Nick flinched slightly as he noticed Ally's leaping form sailing toward him from over the couch. He grunted out of habit, even though she held no real weight to her, being something he had thought up in his mind, but the feeling of her in his lap was still very real to Nick. He shifted so that she fell out of his lap, "Was it entirely necessary to leap on me?" he asked, shaking his head. "And the teacher wanted to keep me and talk about how I was adjusting to living without my parents." he sighed, "They all stopped me and talked to me about it." he shrugged. He lifted his feet, propping them on the coffee table that sat in front of the couch, and leaned his head back on the couch. "Two more years of this bullshit." he muttered, staring at the ceiling as he took a deep breath and released it in a heavy sigh. He turned his head to look beside him at Ally. "It's you and me for the next three months before school starts again." he said, a wry smile touching his lips before it quickly faded again. It was a rare thing, him smiling. "What'd you do today?" he asked lightly.

She blinked a bit when he shifted beneath her and gasped as she was rolled over by his shifting form and hit the floor with a thud. She pouted a bit as she sat up on the floor, looking at him "It was completely necessary. I missed you and you left me all alone here. Again" she huffed with a pout as she moved to sit beside him on the couch, listening to him talk about his school and clearly displeased tone when regarding it. "You know, if you let me come along it's probably be a whole lot more fun. I could help you get back at those bullies you say are always bothering you" she commented as she leaned back on the couch "And I could go give those teachers a peace of my mind for making you stay away longer. They're so annoying - why do they have to be so nosey about your life? Don't they know you have me to take care of you?" she said as she turned to look at him while he began asking about her day.

"Hmm, I slept a lot, mostly. But I did go for a walk into town" she commented, thinking back on her day and the walk she took "Oh! This dog wouldn't stop barking at me though, so I through an imaginary stick for him. Who knows if he ever stopped looking for it" She laughed a bit "And I was hungry, but you didn't leave me any money so I just stole some pastries" she grinned sheepishly "They were actually pretty good. I have some left over even. Want some?" she offered, clearly not finding it a problem she stole things. It wasn't the first time either.

Nick rolled his eyes, and shook his head, sighing. "Maybe this year you can come along. But you have to come home if I tell you to." he said, looking at her as she continued explaining about her day. He sighed, "Quit stealing things. I know people can't see you, but it's still not nice." he said, a small smirk twitching at the corner of his mouth. He nodded, "But yeah, I'll take a pastry." he added, and glanced toward the kitchen as another thought came to mind. "Please tell me no one saw the floating pastries..." he sighed, muttering to himself and shaking his head.

Her grin spread further across her face when the other said she could come this next year "Yay! It'll be fun, I promise! And I swear I won't distract you too much in class" she said happy that he said she could come next year. Well, he said maybe. But to her that was a yes. She smirked a bit when he scolded her about stealing before then saying he did want a pastry "Hey, you can't scold me about it if you're going to accept the results of it. Plus, it's not stealing if you don't get caught" She grinned, before scratching her head thinking about it "Well, maybe it was something like that the phrase went...." she thought before hopping up and heading to the kitchen, grabbing a cheese danish pastry before bringing it back over to him and handing it to him "And theres no harm in a little floating pastry here and there. It does well to keep these people on their toes" She grinned mischievously.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back