• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings THE VIRTUAL ROOM (Virtual Reality Horror Roleplay)

Kirwinning

Shadow Moses ♕

THE VIRTUAL ROOM

maxresdefault.jpg

It is the near future and virtual reality has become the latest trend in entertainment. It just so happens that today is your birthday. For your birthday, your parents decide to get you a new computer! As you setup your new computer you decide to check your email. You log in, and notice a new message icon in the top left hand corner. You open the email and it's a coupon to the local virtual reality center! It seems that it was sent to you for your birthday! The message reads,

Greetings Player,

We have reason to believe that today is a special day and we invite you to join us on a birthday quest! Come down to VR Virtual Room to claim your one free entry prize!

Just as you're about to print out the free entry coupon, you realize there is no sender address, the field is just... Blank.

Select your path

Note: The most voted response will be chosen.

>Investigate more

>Shrug it off, print out the coupon anyway

>Ignore the email

>Shut off computer

Last edited by a moderator:
You choose to investigate more.

The email which you've received doesn't sit well with you. To verify that it isn't spam you decide to check out The Virtual Room's website. You open up a new window in your web browser and type in the link, leading you to the home page of The Virtual Room. On the page is a list of the different types of rooms they have. Each room simulates a different level and environment. The list ranges from a fantasy vacation get away, to defending earth from brain eating aliens, the list is never ending. However, one level in particular sparks your interest.

THE DEVIL'S WOODS

A horror virtual reality level? Unlike all the others, there is no description, just the title. Intrigued, you pull out your cell phone to call the store. As you wait for a representative from The Virtual Room, you notice a new window open in your web browser. As you guide your mouse over to the new window, you select and open it. It's a video.

[media]

[/media]
A rush runs through your body. You feel the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. You look around the room, you can't fight this strange feeling you have. A feeling as if someone is watching you. A representative from The Virtual Room picks up on the other line. The creepy video cuts and the window closes.

"Hello! Thank you for calling The Virtual Room! My name is Rodney, how can I assist you today?"

Select your path

> Ask about email

> Ask about video

> Hang up

> Do nothing

You choose to ask about the email.

As the video closes, you're left looking at the strange email. So many questions run through your mind as you stare blankly at the computer monitor. "Hello?" The voice on the other end of the line asks, "Is anyone there?"

"Oh y-yeah," You reply uneasily, "I'm calling about an email I
received for the one free entry." You're concerned now, first the weird message, and now the video?

"Hmm, I don't know about any coupons being sent out, but if it has our name on it, I'm sure we can accept it." Rodney reassures you. You're left feeling more at ease than before, however you're still not comfortable with all that is happening. "Tonight would be the best time to come in, the store isn't very busy. I can take a look at that coupon while you're here as well."

You agree that now would probably be best, and you tell Rodney that you will be in as soon as possible. You hang up the phone. A wave of excitement splashes over you. This will be the first time you get to experience virtual reality, and it's totally free! You shut down your computer and turn off the monitor. As you leave your room, the monitor turns on, projecting another bizarre image.

plague%2Bdoctor.gif

You leave your house, punch in directions to The Virtual Room, and get in your car. The sun has disappeared and the only light is from the moon hanging high in the sky. You drive down the long stretch of road which is the 62 highway. There are no street lights, no houses, no people, just you and the open road. It appears that you are coming close to your destination as you glance down to check the GPS on your phone. You look back up and see a dark shadow standing in the middle of the road. It's the figure from the video. You swerve off the road and onto the gravel shoulder. You halt, throw the vehicle in park, and try to recompose yourself.

Select your path

> Put the car in drive and continue towards your destination

> Get out of the car to inspect the figure in the road

Um uh... I would look behind aaannnnd

> Put the car in drive and continue towards your destination

Nope, even if I'm curious about it (and hopefully I didn't hit it, ahahah).

You choose to put the car in drive and continue towards your destination.

You recompose yourself and put the vehicle back in drive. Pulling back onto the highway, you check your rear view mirror but see nothing in the road. You don't think too much of it and continue heading towards your destination. Your directions take you to an odd part of town. Houses look abandoned and there's hardly any street lights. You realize that it might not be the greatest area to be hanging out alone in, but you didn't drive all this way for nothing. Up the road in the distance you see a glowing neon sign. "This has to be it," You think to yourself. You continue down the road some more and pull into the deserted parking lot of the store. Your car sits alone underneath the neon lights that read, THE VIRTUAL ROOM. You scan the parking lot, Rodney was right, there is absolutely nobody here. You put the car in park and kill the engine.

You exit the car, making sure to lock it, and proceed to walk up to the store. Inside you can see it's dimly lit, but you can make out someone standing at the front desk. You begin to feel uneasy again, "Is this a smart idea?" You shrug it off and open the front door, making your way over to the counter. The man standing at the front desk wears a name tag that says, "Rodney." You and him stand alone in the poorly lit room.

"You're the one who called about the coupon," Rodney croaked, raising his long pale finger at you. "I was wondering when you would show up." He was a spine chilling character, the kind of guy you would try to avoid in any other situation.

"Yeah, that was me. How did you know?" You ask giving off an awkward grin. Rodney smiles toothily back at you,

"I've got your room already set up, THE DEVIL'S WOODS right?" You stand there confused, you don't recall telling Rodney over the phone what room it was you wanted.

Select your path

> Question Rodney about how he knows what room it is you want

> Ignore Rodney's weird intuition and agree to follow him to THE DEVIL'S WOODS

> Ask for a different room

> Choose to leave the store

You choose to question Rodney about how he knows what room it is you want.

Rodney gestures for you to follow him into the back area of the store. Instead, you stare at him hesitantly, "I don't remember telling you over the phone which room it was I wanted."

"This isn't my first rodeo you see, I've done this before," Rodney smiles wide.

"You mean THE DEVIL'S WOODS is a pretty popular room?"

Rodney pauses, "Something like that. The thing about THE DEVIL'S WOODS is many enter, but no one ever returns."

He pulls out a set of keys and jingles them in front of you. "Now, if you would so kindly follow me so we can get this whole thing started." His yellow eyes stare at you, almost as if they were peering into your soul. You take a step back, thinking about all the strange events that have happened tonight. You decide it's best not to carry on with this anymore, things have gotten too weird, too fast. You start to make your way to the front door when Rodney lets out a hiss, "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

You're almost to the door when you stop dead in your tracks. As you peer through the tinted glass, you see the mysterious cloaked figure awaits you outside in the parking lot. He stares back at you, and motions with his finger, beckoning you to come outside. Rodney now stands behind you, breathing down your neck "There is no other option.". You feel trapped, there must be another way out. Instinctively you whip around, stuffing your fist into Rodney's gut. He bends over, gripping his stomach in pain. You noticed he dropped the keys, now is your chance! You swiftly pick up the keys, and sprint to the back of the store. Your heart is pounding as you frantically search for a way out. You then notice an exit sign hanging above the door at the end of the hall, this is your only escape. You dash down the hall, Rodney's voice chases you from the front of the store, "You don't know what you're doing!" You burst through the exit door, turning around to lock it. With your palms flat on the door you stop and catch your breath.

You turn around expecting to see the back alleyway but instead, the hallway you have just left is now in front of you again. However, this time around things appear to be mirrored, for you are now looking towards the front of the store. You turn around to reach for a door that is no longer there, it's as if it has vanished out of thin air. Confused and looking for a way out, you creep down the corridor expecting to see Rodney still hunched over in agony, but like the door, he has disappeared as well. Things aren't making any sense, but then again, what has tonight? You peek out into the parking lot looking for the mysterious masked man but find him to no avail. You push through the front doors, running to your car, you quickly unlock it and get inside. You lock all the doors and release a sigh of relief for you've made it, you're safe now. Only, things seem a little different. The sign that was above the store that read THE VIRTUAL ROOM in neon lights, now reads THE DEVIL'S WOODS.

Select your path

> Put the keys in the ignition and start the car

> Pull out your phone to make a call

> Exit the car

> Do nothing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back