• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The View

Holly gave a small grin, "Lily you worry me with all your ideas all the time," she teased her friend with a chuckle. "Though I agree we should all go out some more, would be great for the team." she said, happy to get out of the house doing nothing and get together with other people of the company.

"You know me, all my big nights out are a success for the team." Lily insisted with a quiet laugh, rather proud of the fact that people mostly looked to her to plan the events for the team. She organised Christmas parties and arrangements whenever somebody was leaving or pregnant, which meant she often had an insight into all of the staff and their lives. "And will you be bringing anyone special along with you this evening?" She asked innocently.

Holly gave another chuckle joining her laugh. Glad that she had someone like Lily working around here that is good with things like this. "Nope, haven't been seeing anyone." She answered her slight smile still evident but not as happy.

"I don't know how that is even possible." Lily told her friend, scoffing ever so slightly. She found it ridiculous that Holly hadn't found anybody yet, especially since Holly was already so accomplished but it seemed an ongoing theme that Holly was always turning up to office get-togethers without a plus one. "But, you never know, there might be someone at the bar you like the look of! It's all about opportunity!"

"Oh its very possible," She said to her friend. She has made efforts to meet people but it seemed whoever she meet something was off with them or they just didn't see eye to eye with her on things. Giving a small smile at her last words, "Yeah maybe there will be and I can seize the moment."

"You see? That's fighting talk Covey, exactly what I want to hear!" Lily encouraged with a cheeky grin on her face, failing dismally at hiding her feelings towards her friend's relationship status. "I best get back to work, though. I'll see you tonight." She added quickly, flashing another wide grin before she headed back out into the office.

She gave a chuckle to Lily and grinned back. "Yeah see you tonight. Don't get too crazy." she said winking to her as she left. Holly gave a quite sigh with a smile as she looked to her computer, maybe she will have luck tonight and may find someone who she has interest in.

Kristian spent the next few office hours working on the main theme for the article he was due to write. It was hard to choose just one idea when there were quite a few topics he was eager to cover, but by the end of the work day he'd settled for the one he thought would be most interesting and most appropriate to the readers. It was all about pleasing them, after all, not his writer's ego.

Holly was looking through a few things, spending time on the phone a little while before it was almost time to leave. She got up, usually she would always go and see whoever was still in the office and see how they where doing. Giving herself enough time to stop by each persons place. After visiting a few she came to Kristian's, "Hey, how are things coming along?" she asked him.

Kristian looked up from his laptop and nodded, leaning back in his chair. "Pretty good." He told her positively, "I've managed to settle on my topic so now I just need to map out the content I want to include. Easy." He laughed.

She gave a grin, "That's good to hear, I'm sure its going to be great." she said looking to him before asking, "You going to come tonight, for sure?"

"Thanks, I appreciate you allowing me to choose my own theme this time." Kristian told her, as this was the kind of freedom he'd hoped for when he'd originally applied for the post. He had a lot of ideas stored up in his mind and it was always far more rewarding when he had the chance to write about something he felt passionate about. "Yes, I'll definitely be there. Lily is holding me to it." He grinned, "I'll see you there later?"

"Your very welcome, I like to see how creative and inventive people are around here so after this I won't be giving you too many themes." Holly said, whenever the writers proved to her which is normally around the first couple assignments she liked to see how creative they really where by letting them go out on there own. She gave a chuckle when he mentioned Lily holding him to it. "Lily is holding me to it as well. So I will be seeing you later." she said,smiling, before she started to walk away.

"I'll buy you a drink to prove I turned up!" Kristian called after her with a smile, before he returned his attention to his laptop and began finishing up the plan he'd made for his next article. He only worked for the next forty-five minutes before he finally grabbed his things and headed out, intent on getting home to have a shower before he made his way over to the bar the group was meeting at.

"I will be waiting for it," She called back, chuckling, after checking on with a few others she headed into her office. Turning off her computer and grabbing her stuff she headed out to get home to change in something better than what she was already wearing.

After arriving at his apartment Kristian was quick to jump in the shower and change into fresh clothes. There wasn't any particular dress code for the evening but he knew he'd feel a lot better in something new. Once he felt he was ready, he wandered through to the kitchen and made himself a quick dish of pasta, having gotten used to cooking alone once he'd moved into his own place. It still was a source of surprise for him that he was enjoying his new job and when he'd applied he hadn't anticipated he'd be going out for group drinks, but it was a nice change of pace from some of his past places of employment and he found there was little room to complain.

Getting home, she change into a nice dress though not to dressy. Knowing Lily if she didn't at least try to look nice she would be dragged out of there. She chuckled out of the thought and decided to eat something as she hung out in her apartment for a little bit before it was time to go. Always enjoying getting together with her co-workers and spending time with them. Looking to the time she got up, grabbing her purse she headed out. Soon enough she was at the bar, heading over to where some of the people from work were.

Kristian was already seated with some other co-workers when Holly arrived, a beer on the table in front of him. He smiled as Holly joined the table, joining in with the chorus of greetings she was met with. They were still waiting for a couple of other people to arrive but so far it seemed as though everyone who had agreed to the evening out had stuck to their promise.

She looked to Kristian with a smile in return saying hi back to everyone as she sat down. Leaning back in the chair a bit, hoping this would be a great night out with everybody. Glancing around the table as everyone chimed in with whatever conversation was going on.

"What are you drinking, Holly?" Lily asked, wanting to make sure that everybody was catered for since half of the table already had a drink in front of them. "I think Kris is buying the next round so he can get you something when he goes to the bar."

Holly gave a smile and glanced at Kris. "I'll have a beer." she said, before looking back to Lily. Looks like she was going to get the drink she was promised by Kris.

"I'll go up and get the round in now, saves us waiting for drinks." Kristian decided, nodding at Holly's choice to show he'd heard her before he stood up and made his way across to the bar.

She gave a light smile to him as he got up and left. Holly then looked back to Lily. "Looks like it's going well." She said

Users who are viewing this thread

Back