The Unwanted RP

May watched the cigarette fall to the ground, keeping her eye on it until it was stomped out. She let out a sigh and ran her fingers through her hair. "Right, well I wish I was just touring." she admitted. "I'm new-- just transferred to Sylvan a few days ago. Tomorrow is supposed to be my first day, and I guess you could say i'm arriving a bit late." She didn't know why she felt the need to explain everything to this stranger, but she still didn't let her guard down around him.

"Anyway," she said, "I'd love to stay and chat in the dark and cold, but I should probably go find someone who can help me get settled in."

Vince raised a curious eyebrow down at the girl. "You do realize that all those in charge are asleep? There's no one else to help you." He paused, frowning at his own words. Well, there were people awake, but he doubted that they'd want to take time from their serious business to aide a stranger. He inadvertently mimicked the girl, running his fingers through his long hair.

"I suppose," he started after another moment of silence, "I could let you in, if you want. So you're not stuck out here until everyone else wakes up."

"Hup!"

Ghost said as he felt the force of the girl. He was right, he had underestimated her. She had more strength than he thought. Harley was pushed with a blinding force, sending him back and melting through the wall. A very light indent was shown after he crossed. After a few mere seconds, the indent faded.

Ghost had gone through several walls, swishing past other people's dorms and a closet. He stood up and dusted himself off, and started to float back.

He made it back to the neeting room, and snorted," There. You pushed a complete stranger through sone walls. Happy?" He said with a slight hint of amusement in his tone. It was real fun to have met someone that he could actually act like a real person with.

May crossed her arms, relaxing herself a little. "Well, it doesn't seem like I have much of a choice." she said. "You seem harmless enough, anyway." She was really curious about this place, and maybe this stranger could explain to her what's so special about Sylvan. And why her mother didn't want her to go.

"I don't think I caught your name." she said, taking a step towards him.

"Harmless?" Vince repeated in mock surprise. "Tch, I really need to work on my first impression. Got a reputation, y'know." He turned to walk towards the dorms, waiting for her to follow him. His fingers danced towards his cigarette pack, but he fought the urge to light another one. They'd be going in soon, so that wasn't a good idea. "Name's Vince, by the way."

As they got near the boys' dorms, Vince paused, making sure no one was around. Students snuck out all the time, but it still wasn't a good idea to openly flaunt that you were breaking curfew. Of course, it was also against school rules for a girl to be in the boys' dorm after curfew and vice versa, but he figured they'd make an exception. "Well, we have two choices: you can come in my room or we can crash in the lounge."

"Happy?!" Rina asked. "I'm super happy! Your so awesome! That was so much fun! Happy isn't even a beginning to the feelings I have right now. I'm in a state of astonishment right now!" Rina flew around ghost, filled with mixed emotions of happiness, excitement and enthusiasm. "By the way, I'm Rina! What's your name?"

May smiled a bit at Vince's reaction to her opinion of him, and followed close behind as they walked. She, too, kept a close eye on more stray students or security guards. If they were caught now, the current circumstance would look way too suspicious from an outside point-of-view. An unknown girl walking around with rebellious-type guy in the middle of the night, heading towards what looked like the boys dorm. She could see the accusations clearly.

"The lounge, definitely." May answered.

Vince's lips curled up into a playful smirk. "Pity." He lead her down a small, dark hallway that spilled into the lounge. Couches and chairs were situated around a single tv that someone had left on, its flickering colours illuminating the room. He motioned for her to take a seat on one of the couches before flopping down on one himself. He grumbled softly as he stretched his long frame out, trying to get it to fit in the couch. This was one circumstance where he hated being tall.

As his eyes drifted across the room, he noticed how bare it was. It never really stood out much, but he wasn't one for decorating. The couches were free of pillows or blankets, which was strange considering how many all-nighters the guys pulled playing whatever FPS game had caught their fancy. "Uhm, do you need anything, uh...?" He trailed off, realizing she hadn't told him her name.

"May." she replied, settling herself in a big and extremely comfy chair, one that reminded her of the one in her living room. She was so busy reminiscing that she almost forgot to answer. "And, uh, no. I'm fine, thanks."

Her eyes wandered over to the flickering television, letting out a heavy sigh as she sank down into the chair. It was then that she realized how exhausted she was. Her three-hour bus ride must have really worn her out. The constantly changing screen wasn't helping to keep her awake, either; the only thing that was was how cold she still was. "What kind of lounge doesn't have any blankets?" she asked, mostly to herself.

Noticing how tired she looked, Vince stood from the couch as quietly as he could, setting the remote on the small coffee table. He headed down a small hallway and stopped in front of a tiny wooden door leading into the supply room. Whoever had built this part of the school hadn't realized how tall high school boys could get, so he had to duck his head to reach in and pull out the first blanket he could touch. It was a strange faded seaweed green colour, but a blanket's a blanket. He snatched a pillow off one of shelves before heading back into the lounge.

"Here, take these," he said softly, letting the blanket fall to cover her frame and the pillow sit beside her on the chair. "It gets drafty here at night." He takes his place on the couch again and scoops up the remote, flipping through channels. That late at night, there wasn't anything worth watching on, so he gave up letting it stop on some strange talk show. "So, how'd you end up here?" he asked without even turning to look at May.

May yawned, sitting up in her chair as Vince laid the blanket over her. "Thanks." she said, smiling at him. She positioned herself in a more comfortable position, sitting up in the chair with her legs crossed while she leaned back against it. After wrapping the blanket around her nicely, she allowed her attention to drift back to the TV.

"Well," she started, "my mom always talked about it but never allowed me to go, but I've kind of been on my own as of recently. I found a torn up brochure so I transferred." She let out a sigh, glancing at him. "So, I hopped on a bus and three hours later i'm here. Late, but here." Now May turned her head to face Vince, not even waiting for a reply before asking him, "What about you?"

He blinked at her sheer enthusiasm. He held his hand out as he did with Thomas," Ghost Harlequin Evans. Call me Ghost or Haley. Been dead here for 'bout fifty years and counting." Harley spoke in a calm tone, unfazed by her uppity nature.

Vince shrugged nonchalantly, keeping his eyes focused on the tv. Some fool was attempting to ride a unicycle and juggle at the same time. People these days. "My mom didn't give a damn about me since the day I was born. I got into trouble, it attracted some...unwanted attention, and I was given the choice of coming here or entering the foster system." He paused for a moment, chuckling to himself. "By the time I got home, my bags were all ready packed."

Sighing, he dropped his head back against the armrest and stared up at the white ceiling. White, white, white. Everything in this room was white. They needed to paint it or something. "I don't know if my mom even knows where I am," he said softly. "I doubt she even cares."

"Nice to meet you Harly! That's so sad!" She said with a frown, "But I guess it's not that sad for you because you've probably gotten used to it! Do you have a birthday? Or I guess it's a death-day. I come from both of the places that take in the dead, but one of them can take me in!" She laughed, covering her own sad story to make it sound happier.

Harley crossed his legs while still in the air, hovering several feet from the ground. "Meh. Forgot by now. Don't really remember my birthday," he shrugged like it wasn't of his concern. Then Ghost raised an eyebrow," Hm? What do you mean by both can take you in? Are you a half-breed..?" He didn't want to sound rude, but Ghost had to admit he was a bit curious.

Alice cleared her throat. Thomas had been watching Rina and Harley, but when he heard her, he turned his head to face Alice. She had a small smile on her face as though she had been amused as well by their fellow members actions.

"I think it's time to begin. I have a few things I'd like to discuss. First off has anyone seen Robin?" Thomas shook his head. "It's fine. I'll tell her later. What about the other neko girl? Sarah? Has anyone seen her either?"

"She's probably sleeping or something," Thomas offered, but Alice looked worried. He kind of knew why. The Haters. He was told about them, but he wasn't exactly sure what they did. He wanted to ask Alice more, but she always seemed so matter-of-fact when discussing that topic. He wondered if something had happened.

"We shall go on without them. First order, it seems we have a new member," she said, waving an arm in Harley's direction. "Unless you don't want to? I can explain anything you're curious about?"

----

Peace nodded. She moved to a spot. She was curious to see what would happen. No death obviously now since Dark Shadow seemed to be against killing them. So what would he do instead? Torture? Something else? Would they keep her here, locked away from the school? That was a possibility and Peace would feel easier knowing that one of them was gone from there.

As she waited to see what would happen, she thought about her twin. Faith. She wondered if she could convince her to join. She didn't think so. At least not yet anyways. Faith was too nice a girl, too shy and awkward for her own good. She'd never go for it even if she did believe her. Peace would have to show her that the Haters, despite their negative name, were a good group. Were doing the right thing. Maybe then Faith would join. Probably not.

Cross smiled a little as his room mate fell to the world of dreams.

"Well, guess I should go to bed as well shouldn't I?"

He questions rhetorically to the spirit in front of him before shutting the window partially. The confines of the dream world claimed him soon after his head hit the pillow.

Harley blinked," Sure, I'll join," he laughed lightly and scratched the back of his head," Though I can't really do much to help you guys, I'm transparent to those Hater dudes," he shrugged, and smiled. He seemed undisturbed by his comment and continued," Though I guess I could snoop around, though, yeah. I'm in!" He announced happily.

Alice nodded. She had a feeling that he would say yes to joining. They had never had a ghost before, so it should be interesting. At least this was one person Jonathan couldn't get his hands on. He was safe from them.

"Well normally when we get a new member we make them take an oath and receive a kind of tattoo to symbolize their joining. I know we can touch you, but I don't know if it'll work." Alice shrugged. "It's fine. So you don't have any questions for me? About the Unwanted?"

The ghost nodded," Yeah. How'd this get started, huh? All my years of being in this place, I've never heard of a group for the supernatural. It's pretty new to me." Ghost was curious. He levitated closer to the ground and stepped on it, and he looked exactly like a normal person, except he was a bit blurry.

Rina was happy to hear that he was let in and shouted, "Tomorrow night we should have a surprise welcoming party for Harly!" She thought she had come up with the best idea ever, and the small jewels on her wings jingled as she spun around, floating.

Jonathan let out a breath he was holding in before opening the side door that lead up to the tall stage. As he steped up he saw all the members were chatting away, he could hear someone conversation.

"I wonder what he'll do?" He heard one girl ask.

"Do you think he'll kill her?"
Another person answered her question with a question

"No way, he wouldn't do something so barbaric!"
one shouted in a whisper loudly.

He smirked to himself slightly as her stopped at the center of the stage. 'They'll all see soon enough.' he thought to himself. Jonathan cleared his throat before speaking to the crowd. "Brothers and Sisters!" he yelled out to the crowd in a gruff voice. The second he spoke everyone quieted down and turned their attention to him. Grinning slightly, he continued. "Now that I have you attention we will not start." he said in a loud voice so everyone could hear. He saw a few nods in the crowd of members. "As most of you may know, we have a neko in our possession " Jonathan said as he walked back and fourth around the stage, his fingers intertwined as he stared at his hands. When he made it back to the center, he looked back at the crowd. "Tonight," he yelled holding up one hand in the air. "we start the cleansing!" he proclaimed to them. Everyone started to clap and yell with joy, another grin crossed his face.

Jonathan motioned for the guard standing by the stage entrance doors. They quickly brought the neko girl, who was still bounded, and slammed her into the chair on the stage. They quickly tied her to the chair to ensure she wouldn't try anything. He nodded to the two guards before the scurried off stage. Jonathan turned back to the crowed and motioned with his hand for them to quiet down, as soon as they did he continued. He extended his arm out to point to the neko. "This girl, this neko thought she could come to our school and taint it with her presence." he looked down at her scared face, but felt no guilt. He and everyone else were the victims, not her.

May looked away, back to the television. "I'm sorry to hear that." she said, although quietly. She hugged the pillow he had gotten for her and let out a silent sigh. "I also... feel the same way."

The flashing lights on the screen before her seemed to blur. She tried to pay attention to the show, but her mind kept drifting. The fight, the hospital, walking into her apartment to find everything and everyone gone-- she hadn't said a word of it to anyone. Of course, when she finally dropped out of her old school the administrators had asked why, but she never gave an answer. No one from school even tried to contact her, and it didn't surprise her that any of her "friends" didn't try to, either. May closed her eyes, wishing she could fall asleep.

Thomas nodded.

"Yeah I like the idea of having a party as well. I mean it's not like anyone is going to notice. Right?" Thomas knew the room was all kind of proof against the outside. No one would know what happened beyond it's door. Besides it sounded fun.

"It sounds like a plan to me," Alice said, smiling a little again. But she had something to do later in the day before she did any party planning. She looked up at the ghost when he asked about it. "Ty Lu made it. She was a mermaid. I won't go into detail about her." Thomas looked at Alice. She sounded fond of Ty Lu. He never met her but she must of been someone important to the half-fae girl. "She and Kenny decided to create it. Ty Lu wanted to make a place, a sort of safe haven, for supernaturals like ourselves. A place we didn't have to hide. So they recruited me first. Then others. Then she graduated leaving me to take over."

Alice shrugged. "It's not very interesting beyond that. Anyways how about you take the oath and we go to bed?"

Vince rolled over, the old couch squeaking beneath his weight. His eyes fell on May, wondering if she'd finally fallen asleep. When he first heard of Sylvan, he thought it was a terrible idea. Putting kids who like to fight and cause trouble would definitely make everything better, right? But having been here for four years, he kind of understood why. These kids... They'd all come from bad places and had all seen hard times. There was a sense of kinship, of camaraderie between them all.

Of course there were the Unwanted, who had a different sort of...kinship, but other than their abnormalities, they weren't too different either. Personally, he couldn't see the reason why the Haters hated them. So one mutant thing ruined your life, now you're going to hunt them all? Made no sense at all. His long hair fell over his face, obscuring his view of May. His eyelids fluttered shut, and he struggled to keep them open. He grunted as he tried to situate himself. The couches weren't all that comfortable, but he didn't want to leave May out here by herself, even if it meant he had a stiff back in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back