[The Unstealable Jewel] [ The Unstealable Jewel ] Shedhartu

Exthalion

Elder Member
Name: Shedhartu

Caste: Eclipse

Motivation: Establish a kingdom that will endure forever

Theme Song: (Optional)

Appearance: Tall, amber eyed, dusky skinned, regal of bearing, and stern of countenance

Personality: Slightly entitled, expecting of competence in those around him, confident yet self-critical, slow to friendship and anger but long in keeping both.

• From the Sea of Glass to the Jade Steles,

From the Great River to the Porphyry Wastes,

I ruled a land at peace with itself and its neighbors.

The obelisk my father and my own were completed,

and two verses of the Hymn of Aten-Sur also.

With the Oasis Courts I dealt sternly,

establishing many wells and qanats.

The treasury was never empty of ice.

Agriculture flourished, enriching the people

and the gods were not neglected.

I ruled forty-nine years and had forty-seven sons.

Let the one who claims to better me,

be greater in all these ways or none.

-From the Relief of the Kings in Akhet

The Eclipse Shedhartu was king in Hotepsekhemwy, a guardian kingdom on the edge of the Wyld whose distance and usefulness to Creation have left it deliberately isolated from both the sanctions of Heaven and the wider sphere of civilization. Ruled in all but name by the Shogun-Pharaoh Aten-Sur, his mortal dynasty has served as a class of governing Administrator-Priests since the Usurpation. Shedhartu was raised from a young age to be fit to execute his destined position, lavished with luxury and blessings, and eventually elevated the high-priesthood at the age of eleven. He ruled long and gloriously, until his own success proved his undoing. He negotiated new treaties with displaced courts of Water Elementals leading to a boom in crop yields and population, his enlarged armies brought back the treasures and loyalty of the surrounding peoples, his monuments earned him and his nation the favor of many gods, and he oversaw the restoration of two jade obelisks to secure the border of Creation. At the celebration of his Jubilee he symbolically renewed the nation, accepting the loyalty of the people and vassals anew. As twelve kings and ten thousand subjects gave their oaths together he began to shine like the sun. They marveled, but Aten-Sur smiled. The god proclaimed that the Almighty Sun had chosen Shedhartu to serve as more then king of a single nation, granting the vacant throne to the king's younger brother. Though Shedhartu knew the ploy for what it was, he had neither the influence nor the power to challenge his father. He departed for the north, only his elemental consort and oathsword-bodyguards accompanied him into glorious exile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back