The Unknown Family

So, moving the discussion here, but, this RP needs some serious guidelines on posing and..quality, even. Posts seem to have quite a bit of glaring spelling errors, rather short, or similar stuff. Just saying!

While the idea of a term system is ideal, the main problem with it is that people have differing schedules. A play-by-post like this helps with that by allowing the players to post whenever. A turn system would remove that advantage. While it may be annoying to be behind in the roleplay, it's even more annoying to be waiting on someone who has an un-announced absence, or even just left. Perhaps we could slow down alittle, but, from my experience with these, this is what happens. At some point, a majority of the players get on, and the action moves quickly.

I have noticed group role-play(s) have become more... Out of hand and fail more often due to others being left behind and people giving one liners. Personally i despise the posts that lack detail, It makes me feel as if we are doing nothing but a chore. I (more then) often have a spelling error such as using 'he' when i meant 'she' or 'me' when i meant 'my', But thats because my computer doesn't pick it up as an 'error'. Do i enjoy admitting my rp is out of hand, Definitely not, But i do see where you two coming from when you say we need the organization.

An order I recommend is three post. You may post again three posts after your last. I think we have enough people for it, too, and I'm already incorporating it in my own RP.

And as Magiik said, We all have different schedules, Like tomorrow, I have Chruch. (Dont judge me i have no religion i'm being forced.) Then i plan on going over my significant other's house, Then i have school Monday, The probably more hanging out, And even interviews .

Okay, So its a three post regulation? So say i post, I have to wait until three people reply before posting again correct?

That's how it works, yeah. I mean, I guess it could be broken for times of immediate reaction for matters of most importance, but that should be last case scenario. Something like, if one character doesn't react, everyone else loses type stuff.

Darth, I'll tag everyone and let them know so they can see the new system.

Last edited by a moderator:
My main problem with a turn system or waiting for more than one person to post in between your own is that I have seen more roleplays than I can count die because we were waiting on one player to show up and post something. If we do a turn system, then this risk is always there, because eventually someone will have to go without warning for some reason, anywhere from a few days to a week. I don't know about you guys, but I have seen that happen far too often. I don't want to risk it. That is why I stand firmly against a turn system.

Not sure I understand what all that meant. Can you reword that?

@Enchanted Dreams 
Well this ain't exactly a turn system, Magiik. This way is slightly more freestyle. Works well in big groups. This way if one person leaves, you still have ten others who can post, freeing you up to post back.

I see you missed the bit of saying "more than one person to post". Trust me, it happens more often than not. I mean, I'm willing to give it a shot, but I'm not fond of it at all.

I do think that there should be a fail-safe, in case a player is gone for more than a certain amount of time and others are waiting on them, or if a certain amount of time passes without a post.

Simple fix for that one, Magiik. Allow Dreams to reserve the right to pull our chari out for some reason or another, have them temporarily incapacitated, or something like that.

Good. I'm sorry if I seemed rude about any of that above. I've just been a part of too many dead roleplays, of multiple forms. I want to try to do what I canto prevent it from happening again, and was voicing what I've seen from experience to be a poor system. Although, the 3 posts system might work a little better.

That could work, Or they can remove their character as in they go somewhere and sleep. (Better than being knocked out xD )

ALSO, If i take a bit longer then usual to reply, And i don't say goodbye, I am usually design on Sai, And i cannot open my recent windows, But i attempt to check back every 15 minutes.

Im going to bed guys. Good night. 
Ill be back, I gotta eat dinner. 

***INFO ON THE MACHINES***

These Machines were specially built by the government, Due to the recent over population, The largest cities in the world are being targeted, and being destroyed, and extermination of all human life. The government plans on capturing a few hundred people to let them repopulate once more. They are also after the experimented People, The word of the 'supernatural' has been getting out with sightings of the teens, Now the government is taking action and eradicating them all.

The Machine itself is built from a metal not known to our planet, It is bullet proof and the government has been building these machines for over 1oo years, Making them into the most advance, and lethal threat to humanity. They use a heat tracking radar to target every living creature, They use a death ray that electrocutes every living creature, and cuts through anything, including buildings, and concrete. Yet not to be mistaken as fools, The government used a force field to protect the Machine from any bullets, Or things to attack and attempt to destroy the machines, Not many people are inside these lethal monsters, Yet the Radar only catches up on living creatures in front of it, It cannot pick up heat signals from behind to directly from the sides. Yet due to the hundreds of these products, it makes it hard to sneak by without detection. To get inside to smaller houses, buildings and Alleyways, The Machine deploys a long, Snake like machine that is like a massive Radar that searched for any living life, to destroy or bring back to the ship.

The Machine also deploys robot like humans, They are covered completely in white or dark gray armor, It proves to be very strong, and lightweight. The robots have a blade they use to stab and cut victims, It deploys an acid into their bloodstream that paralyzes them, and eats at the flesh and organs, Killing them slowly and painfully, Unless stabbed in an area that causes immediate death. They have a time of heat sensing cover over their eyes that detects heat and light. They use guns that can net a victim's ankles, or it can deploy a smoke like toxin in the air to blind and choke the human(s), As well as bullets that are razor sharp, And cut through flesh and bones like butter.

The Machines can hover or fly at the speed of light, They stay over 800 feet off the ground at a minimum.

Hey guys. Sorry, but big RP's are a tad bit too chaotic for me. I am going to have to bow out of this one. If someone else wants to take my character, they can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back