• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Universal Coliseum(Fantasy Fighting League)

Rules

• Fights and matchups will be posted once a week on a day that is to be determined once the rp starts.
  • Each contestant will write a copy of their fight with them winning and pm them to either me or another chosen judge, the winner will be chosen based on quality of writing. I will then re-write the winner's match coming from the point of view of two commentators.
  • Matches will be decided by knock out judged by a referee's ten count, there are no ring outs.
  • The scenery for each match will often be different, and will be described to you when your match is assigned. It may be a tundra field, desert, maybe an indestructable glass box who knows.
  • If you do not submit your match by the deadline you will lose automatically.
  • If both players do not submit their match, the match will be written by myself as a draw,
  • If a player fails to submit a match three weeks in a row they will be removed from the rp.
  • No killing another character unless it is approved by me or the person playing that character.
  • Even though it doesn't matter how op your character is, please keep powers and abilities reasonable.
  • I will allow you to learn new abilities as you gain experience in the coliseum.
  • You will gain experience win or lose, however winners will gain more than losers. Ex: Winner-200xp Loser-100xp
  • I will also post a weekly rankings after each round of matches, along with each characters experience gains.
  • There will be a champion, and the champion will defend his/her title each week.
  • If the champion should lose his/her title he/she must win at least 2 matches in a row before given another opportunity no matter their rank.
  • If a challenger should lose his/her title shot, he/she must win at least 3 matches in a row before given another opportunity no matter their rank.
  • There will be a section to rp with your character outside of the arena if you want to have a free battle with someone or train with your character etc. etc.
  • Be creative and have fun! Feel free to ask any questions through pm or in the ooc chat!
  • All outside of the coliseum rping should be done in IC rping 2.
  • All matches will be posted in IC rping.
  • Rankings and match-ups each week will be posted in the Overview section.

First two characters to be accepted will be the first two characters to compete for the championship. Excluding myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Understood. (So when we're not fighting, will we be doing the back-and-forth posting with the other players?

Good to know. One more question. Well OK, one more string of questions. Is there a underlying plot here? Where is this? Is it an alternate universe? Is there a reward?

The Mythic Dragon] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/3231-alcoholiccat/ said:
@alcoholiccat[/URL]
What is the arena type?
Any type. All the battles will be totally different, so that's neato

@Diminium

He said that he was going to tell us what the arena was when we get matched. I realize they can be different, but I still need to know, right?

The Mythic Dragon] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/20665-diminium/ said:
@Diminium[/URL]
He said that he was going to tell us what the arena was when we get matched. I realize they can be different, but I still need to know, right?
?

I thought it said that every writer chose which arena they wanted to fight in. My post will be different than every one else's. Unless that's been changed, IDRK

This will be the arena for week 1

latest

As we get more in-depth into this thing I may start assigning different arenas for each match or one arena for half and one arena for the other half we will have to see.

Everyone must have their matches pm'd to me by a week from today August 28th at 12 PM Central Time. I will then post the matches by the following monday I believe thats September 1st. Also I will need a volunteer to judge my match.

Oh hey, I'm in the week one matchup! *rubs hands and cackles* xP

Good luck to everyone! That is a bomb-ass arena and I feel like Tae would personally be offended. It's great. xD

@MsPolite : it's post #14 on this page; scroll up a little and you'll see it. c:

If for some reason you cannot, it's basically a large circle of rough-hewn stone, jagged along the edges, and a much cleaner dark bronze circle in the middle with a bird design in a lighter shade. It has a small altar at the north end, sort of like a Japanese or Chinese altar for offerings and the like. The general atmosphere is sort of muggy and dark, with hints of deep orange color shining through.

The Mythic Dragon] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/20485-jmcknight08/ said:
@jmcknight08[/URL]
I just want to make sure, but your gravity abilities would not be able to influence my wind scythe, correct?
Correct

Users who are viewing this thread

Back