• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Underground

Cybergeist is quickly growing angry towards this random operative and really wanted to teach this whelp some hard discipline. However, this kid is really stupid as he can't tell this is a suit of armor and he is not some sort of automaton. "Learn your place you sad pathetic whelp. You have better learn to teach your superiors with respect." There was obviously a threatening tone inside his voice and Cyber stared Doc down for several more seconds. "However, your statement is true. I have dealt with these types before inside other cities all over the world. They try to avoid using technology as much as possible as we can easily track down electronic signals. However, most think they are invincible and try rather daring missions, but with proper tracking and stalking, we can easily find their hidden base. I've done this many times already, and it won't be any different." Cyber quickly crossed both of his arms and looked smug under his mask, but no one could really tell because of his mask was covering his face.

Ven's eye twitched as she closed her book. "I swear that mask is getting to his head." She grumbled extremely annoyed with being summoned like that. She stood, pulling up her hood and meandering down the hall. She could care less if she was late. In all honesty, Caspar should be expecting her to be the last one to arrive. Turning the corner she looked at the little course he had set up.

Frowning, she went through the course like she did it in her sleep. Getting to the top platform she leaned on the railing. Watching the small group from behind. She crossed her long legs carefully, "You know, Sir, a girl would expect a drink before she gets called on so easily. " Ven stated in amusement, twirling a piece of her uniform around her pointer finger in boredom.

After a moment of silence she continued, "Mind letting me in on the little party?" She questioned moving over towards Sir.

Edward glanced up at the man...... Or thing he assumed was Cybergeist. The fact that there was other scattered sects was news to him.

The imposing figure was something not abnormal to Edward. Many officers wanted to look as tough as possible. The fact that Cybergeist is able to reinforce that point makes him or it, more than capable for whatever even was about to take place.

The Doc, on the other hand, was significantly less imposing, assuming from his code name he must either be a medical officer or is able to put a lot of people in the hospital. Either or would help greatly in this event that is going to happen, hopefully The Underground respects old world ideals and won't exceedingly hurt a good doctor or fighter.

Edward thought of his role in this, Cybergeist would obviously be the human tank, his armor looks like a reinforced metal with carbon elements, carbon fiber or carbon mixed was unknown. In fact it could be made out of plastic for all he knows.

Doc's role would be a doctor, or a fighter, Edward wasn't given much to build on within seeing these two agents.

He thought about his role in this, it couldn't be cyber warfare, Edward was not the best computer able person in The Government. A fact burned into his memory and filled him with rage, but the only sign of it was his increased grip on the chair's handle.

Today was too long of a day for him to think criticality. A nice cold water would do wonders for him right now

Fisher saw V come in. She showed up. Typical. He chuckled and looked at her in the shadows. "Nice you to show up V." He smiled and stepped out the shadows. They have been good friends for a good long time, done many missions together, and other than Sir, he trusted V with everything.

"Its been a while hasn't it? We should talk later." He and V were separated for a while. He went on separate missions than she did. It felt nice to have a friendly face in the room. He admitted to himself that she is attractive. But Sir probably has her all in his grasp. He chuckled at the thought and nodded at her.

"Just don't die on me." Fisher stepped back into the shadows, looking at Sir than V. He didn't know how he felt about it but all he knew was if he ever got requested into a crazy mission he would go to V first. They were that close, but yet not close enough to tell each other their real names. Hoping they would be together on this mission. Its always interesting when they go into a mission.

V caught Fishers gaze as he stepped out of the little corner he was hiding in. The smirk barely visible under her hood grew even wider. She let out a fake annoyed sigh, "What is it with you men and 'let's talk' can't anyone just....get...me...a...drink....?" She cut off her little rant due to the glare she was receiving from the boss man. As much of a pain he was at times he was still in charge. V cleared her throat slightly crossing her arms and watching Fisher as he retreated back to his hidey-hole. She thought he was cute to say the least. Maybe even hot if she ever got a good look at him under that disguise of his. Then again, a lot of guys were probably hotter under their armor. She held back a chuckle.

I'm so going to hell.

She thought before getting to business, she stood straighter looking as professional as she possibly could in an outfit that screamed "assassin". "So, are you going to clue me in or should I go back to my book? I was at a good part, there was this huge battle going on and-..." She mentally kicked herself noticing that Caspar was most likely going to give her his oh so famous 'shut up' stare. V bit her tongue it was hard to not ramble when she had two guys in the same room as her that she put at the top of her 'hot' list.

Andy took a route towards the office that was customized just for him. His abode was five floors underground of the police complex, and Andy first took a ride in a cargo elevator that dumped him out above ground onto a massive heap of unused materials and objects. Andy was now in the main trash storage for non organic materials, which basically translated to broken heaps of tech or defective firearms and equipment. Andy placed his hand on the solid concrete wall surrounding him. Almost immediately, a hidden door receded from the concrete wall, revealing yet another elevator. This elevator was what prepared Andy for missions. It dressed him up and concealed his appearance, gave him his desired equipment, performed system checks on him, and gave him needed repairs.

Andy immediately pressurized his armor, causing it to fold in upon itself and become compact enough to turn into a small layer of smooth orange that surrounded Andy's body. The armor tightly wound around Andy's musculature, making him appear to be a regular man pained entirely in orange. Andy's face also changed, mechanically adjusting itself and smoothing out to form a smooth, spherical shape. As the elevator went up, Andy was coated in a thick layer of a paint like substance that immediately began to spread out uniformly over Andy. The colorless substance then immediately began to change its texture and hues to form Andy's human disguise. After it was done, Andy looked indistinguishable from a regular human being. This appearance was needed to stop Andy from causing public disturbances with his appearance alone. Very few people had seen Andy's robotic form, and the only non top brass personnel that had seen Andy in his regular state was Cybergeist, when Andy had accompanied one of his many raids against government targets.

The elevator door opened, revealing pure darkness ahead of it. This was a small empty space between the walls of the offices around that was not filed up after construction on the complex itself was finished. Although it had been completely useless, it now served as Andy's method of accessing offices. The empty and dark walls surrounding Andy actually had doors built into them that opened and led to back entrances to a few of the important offices. Locating Spider's office door, Andy tapped it lightly, upon which the door automatically moved out of the way and led Andy to a narrow pathway leading to another door at the end.

Andy was required to have such complications accessing the building due to his existence as a sentient mechanical being, news that could not be leaked until mass production of Andy was available. From his under ground home to his hidden elevators, everything contributed to Andy's existence being kept secret.

Andy reached the second door and tapped it, opening it. He stepped into the brightly lit office of Spider from one of the walls inside the office itself. The door closed behind Andy as he took a seat beside the people that Spider was briefing.

Andy was slightly late, but it did not matter. He could just download whatever mission briefing Spider had told these guys anyway.

"Timeout here ready to accept mission briefing. Excuse my tardiness." Said Andy in a low, monotone voice that held little life in it. There was no point in chastising a robot for being late, so Andy doubted Spider would even care at all.

Ravyn stood there in silence as she listened to the brief exchange between the two. She sighed internally to keep from rolling her eyes as she watched the girl's eyes carefully. Being ex friends with several top-notch prankers, she had learned to read body language fairly easy. She watched what she could see of V's face-basically her eyes-attentively. Whore. She couldn't help but let it slip her mind. All she could get from her eyes was the way she looked at Fisher, even with the snarky remark, meant she found him attractive at minimum. She listened to her babble and rolled her eyes. She could already tell there were gonna be quite a few that had a mutual dislike for her.

Thomas frowned at Cyber, "What a piece of work. I hope this jerkwad gets shot so I can patch him up with no drugs... Bah I shouldn't think that, I'll just use weaker drugs." He looked at Spider for a few moments before the wall opened up behind, he looked over his shoulder then jumped backwards as Timeout walked through the door. "What in the world!?" He looked the machine over, then fixed his composure. "Er, sorry.." He stepped away from Timeout still. He looked at Spider, "Never thought she would be the one I liked most in a room..." Then he looked at Edward, "well, I don't hate him I guess."

Last edited by a moderator:
Spider had touched her earpiece again, enabling the mode for extra-far hearing, and heard the whole discussion. She wondered at her decision to appoint Cybergist as mission leader, but decided that the group would need some discipline if they wanted to stay alive. The Underground was a formidable opponent. Timeout reported for mission briefing, and she nodded. "Brilliant." She said coldly, the word not carrying any element of praise. "You four have been assigned the mission of taking out the Underground. As you know, we have limited information on them, but I trust that you will be able to figure things out." She took out three miniature holographic projectors and one microchip from her pocket, laying them out on the table in front of the agents. "The projector contains all collected information on the Underground. Timeout, the chip is to be inserted in port 17."

"You are to work together collaboratively as a team. You will be given priority status when attacks from the Underground are registered, and you are to report to effected areas immediately. I have appointed Cybergist as mission leader, with Timeout as his Deputy and Firehawk Zero as Strategist. Doc, you are both doctor and regular fighter. You may request for backup later in the mission, once you have gathered significant statistical information and proved that you can collect relevant information and make an impact." Her voice turned monotone, reeling off a standard mission briefing. However, she did add one thing to it, as this was a more high-risk venture than any that she had set out before. From her back grew four robotic limbs, the reason she was called Spider, and she quickly and abruptly reached forward with her arms, picking up all four agents by the neck before they could react. Her neutral face transformed into a menacing one.

"If I get wind of anything suspicious going on in mission, and if you show any mercy to these rebels, I will have you killed. Keep that in mind, because I will find out." She growled, tapping her earpiece at the end of her sentence to prove that she had a method of tracking them. As abruptly as the spider arms sprang out, they retreated back into her skin, dropping the agents roughly on the floor.

~~~

An unsurprised glance was sent in the way of V as she decided to show up in her own time, but Caspar was used to it, and let it slide. "I try to keep all members sober, it helps keep information from the Government." He shot back at her, before shaking his head. Watching the team assemble in his office, he stood up, placing his hands on the desk with the map splayed out of it. The map was intricate, noting all little alleyways and rooftop paths, and had been made entirely by him for plotting raids. Allowing the team's snide comments to pass, as he did not have the time to address them all, Caspar waited in stony silence for them to assemble. However, as V started speaking again, he looked up at her in mild exasperation. "Well, you are about to get into a real life battle, because the Government is probably going to be expecting us this time. We've been quiet for awhile. Now, if you'd allow me." His hazel eyes, the only feature identifiable from behind the mask, scanned over the group.

"We are still waiting on Madame, but little matter. Now, I know you lot think that we've been cutting slack, being quiet for so long. Truth is, I've been waiting for information before staging anything else. The sewage rats can take a little while to pass on information. To cut to the chase, the Government has appointed a new head of police and the old one has disappeared. He has most likely settled down in a nice little retirement home down under." He left that for the group to interpret as they wished. "However, we need to get the ball rolling again. We've got enough power now to start a serious attack, but we must build up to that slowly. This raid will be instrumental in starting the action." Caspar's eyes looked across the group for reactions before continuing. "Today, we take out Aboveground Police Headquarters, for no other reason than the fact that their name is the opposite of ours. It is a moderately big base, and located a decent distance away from main Government headquarters."

"There are going to be four attacking groups. One coming from each side of the compass." As he spoke, he drew out a few small knives, seemingly from out of his shoulderblades. In truth, he had knives hidden in compartments all over his figure, probably more than a dozen at any given time. "Team North will be attacking the side of the base, and will consist of Madame and Ravyn." A knife landed with a sharp 'thud' around a marked police base. "Team East will be V and Fisher, attacking the base's front." Another knife thumped into the wood of his desk, pinpointing the base's entrance. "Team South will be myself and Pyro. Both the electricity generators and backup generators are on this side. We will be taking them out, and probably lighting them up while we are at it." Two knives came this time, locating the generators at the base's side. "Team West is Flamboyant and Frost, and will be facing all the police fleeing out the backdoor. Any objections?"

((As a heads up, the new recruit Night Owl for the Underground will be joining the operation during the raid.))

"Never mind, I hate her the most " Thomas thought rubbing his neck. He walked out with the other agents, "I can already tell I'm going to have lots of fun with you guys." Thomas walked away from them quickly, toward the locker rooms. "This is going to suck... I hope I don't have to shoot my gun ... I'm sure Mr.Roboto will do all of the killing ." Thomas sat down and went through the Aid Bag making sure he had everything he needed in case he went on multiple missions quickly without being able to restock. He leaned back against the lockers and waited for the signal to head out.

Last edited by a moderator:
A smile crossed Fredrick's face, as he heard his objective for this mission. Yes! I finally get to blow stuff up! And an attack like this would severely wound the government. Exactly what we need. He looked around him at the members assembled, thinking. I think we'll do just fine. These guys are some of the Underground's best, and Sir himself is coming. Pyro attempted to ignore Fisher and V's quick discussion, but couldn't help muttering a few choice comments under his breath. "Gee Fisher, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you care for us all when you tell us to "Not die" or some crap like that. You know, I'd like to see the world from your perspective, but I can't stick my head that far up my own ass." He muttered.

Edward walked out of The Spider's office rubbing his neck.. The old boss was significantly better.

Walking to the break room and grabbing a bottled water from the refrigerator to drink. Calming his nerves almost instantly as the cool substance went through his body.

"Strategist....? "Edward though. It would make sense. both his previous jobs would benefit him in this new one.

Edward walked into the locker room, he was never a field agent but he did learn basic training like others, he would have hope he'd never use it though. he glanced at Doc who was also in the training room, looking heavily into a medical bag.

He walked over to his locker, something he hasn't used for a while, and putting on a overcoat, the overcoat was a custom made of his, desert color and was made with polymerized steel, it isn't everything proof but he could survive a low caliber bullet or a knife stab and walk away just fine if it hit him in his torso

and pulled out a pistol, it didn't impede his reaction time and it is light weight, and easily concealable. he attached a displace fist on his left hand, the displacer fist, something he had built himself as his first weapon, it was a metal glove that upon punching something or someone, would activate the pressure plate on his knuckles and launch a piece of metal into the person after the punch,before retreating back into the glove, it was easily concealable and was painted black to look like a leather glove, the overcoat shielding most of the electronic work. he checked to make sure if any of his equipment was out of place

He place a sight assistant on his right eye. it was just a simple night vision goggle that turned on and off at a moments notice,

"Fisher and V, huh? I guess you ship them?" She asked Sir, smiling. "They do make a pretty cute couple, you know." Enna had gotten paired with Flamboyant. She was a pretty good fighter, and Enna liked her well enough, so it was a good pairing. She did raise an eyebrow under her black hood at some of the other pairings, though. Of course, Sir couldn't see her do so. She had to wonder what he looked like under his mask. At least part of her face was visible, and occasionally a piece of her dyed strawberry blonde hair would come into view. Everything about Sir, though, was a mystery.

She looked over at Flamboyant and waved. Enna had to admit that she considered her to be a friend. This didn't feel like it was a pairing for a raid; it felt more like the buddy system on a school field trip. Oh well. It basically was. "So, when are we gonna go? Wait for Madame, or just see if she comes while we're on the way?" She asked Sir, looking at him expectantly. She didn't want to wait. She wanted to get it over with now. But, if he made them wait, she could understand.

Cyber was growing quite a hatred for this one named Doc as he was severely undisciplined and didn't show any kind of respect for his superiors. Maybe a beating will teach that whelp a lesson in discipline! He chuckled lightly at the thought, but suddenly saw that the thing had entered the room. Him? They are bringing this thing to help us destroy this group? They must be harder than the others as this thing was almost as good as me... This is going to be fun. This was going to be more interesting than he would actually think! However, he was suddenly pulled out of thought when his neck was suddenly grabbed and hoisted up into the ceiling. Cyber smiled under his mask and knew for sure this was going to be fun.

When the group exited from the room, they all seemed to head for their stuff in the locker room, but Cyber already had all of his equipment on him. He had his trusty .70 cal sniper on his back with his tactical shotgun which fires 8 gauge shots with deadly efficacy. Lastly, for medium range combat, he carried around an assault rifle and was similar to the design of a fully automatic scar. This thing could penetrate straight through couple inches of concrete! Cyber quickly sat down and started to check all of his weapons to see if they were all loaded, cleaned, and if he gathered all the grenades, extra ammo, and traps for his next targets.

"Firehawk. How well do you know this city? These kind of terrorist always have entrances all around cities and basic raids in random buildings won't work to find their hidey holes. If you know any shady or too perfect buildings. Tell me know so I can start setting up traps and camera."

V sent a cold glare to the girl paired with Flamboyant. "All joking matters aside, I will not be coupled with anyone. Let alone "shipped"." She stated in annoyance. It maybe a joking matter for her to act like a complete and utter whore. It didn't matter if that's what was thought of her. In reality she assumed that it would be better known of her as shallow in uniform than the complete opposite she was with it off. Though Caspar knew how she really was so it wasn't much of a big deal for her to act the way she was at the moment. She turned her gaze back to Fisher, before looking at the map quickly memorizing it.

She frowned for a second, attacking head on wasn't what she would usually be doing but she trusted Caspar.

"Understood." She said holding back any come back that formed in the back of her mind. She wasn't happy with the plan but she wasn't going to fight him on it. If he felt it would work she would carry it out to the best of her ability.

Pyro chuckled at Frost's comment. "I think he does. Personally, I think Fisher would be better with a cactus. As they are both pricks." He stated, grinning in Frost's direction. Meanwhile, he was thinking about his partner for this raid, Sir himself. He wondered why Sir would choose to go with him. Maybe it was because he was the best and destroying things and Sir was the only one who knew what specific things they needed to destroy? That would actually make sense.

He was also curious about Frost. He had never actually seen her entire face, or anyone else's for that matter. Strange, it's like I'm the only one here who ever takes off the disguise. He thought to himself, trying to think of a time he had seen anyone without their disguise, which he quickly realized he hadn't.

Unlike V, Pyro had no problems with Sir's plan to attack the Police Compound. Head-on attacks were Pyro's favorite anyways. He also liked the plan because it seemed to take care of everything. The utilities, check, the back door, check, the front, check, and the side, check. Everything taken care of. And besides, the Government Agents were probably too soft and stupid to effectively fight back. Hell, their new "Commander" was probably still unpacking his/her things. This raid would go flawlessly.

Madame. Rayvyn's first mission and she didn't know her partner yet. She couldn't help but chuckle at Pyro's comment towards Fisher although she tried to hide it as best as she could. She looked over the so called 'trigger-happy hothead' and stifled a smile. She didn't even know his name, but she was strangely attracted to him. Of course, she would never say so out loud. She looked over at Sir as she crossed her arms over her check and sighed internally. Ravyn had no problem with the mission. In fact she was looking forward to it. She just hoped this 'Madame' chick wasn't as bad as some she had already met.

Edward looked up at Cybergeist.

"I know the buildings really well. But define 'Perfect or Shady' because that is basically everything... " Edward said uneasily, Cybergeist looked like someone who valued 'failiure is not a option' as their core ideal.

Edward leaned against a wall, his arms dangling down, not covering his body, the heat of wearing 4 layers of clothing didn't effect him, its jist something you get used to, he assumed soldiers like Cybergeist are like that too.

"Plus I don't think we can just start setting up traps in random buildings." Doc sat up and started to put his armor on, "Wouldn't we need warrants or something?" He put the torso of his armor on and set an ear piece into his ear. "Jane, On." In a second his suit slid onto his limbs covering him, leaving just his face exposed to Edward and Cyber. A female's voice was just loud enough to be heard, but not be understood by Cyber and Edward. Thomas stretched and rotated his arms, getting use to the feel of his armor.

"Usually, groups like these would rather stay hidden. So, the first buildings I usually check are either the ones that we would never look, or the buildings that seem to obvious. I've found only a couple through those methods, but this place is rather big. We might as well start somewhere." Cybergeist looked through the scope of his sniper and furrowed his brow at the sound of Doc using his rather smart ass attitude. "Oh. You guys better know this. I want complete obedience from you three. If I say kill someone you better do it with perfect results. If you disobey me, I will dish out punishments. You got that?" He pushed a button and suddenly his sniper retracted into a smaller form of itself for travel. How else would you expect him to fit all of his weapons?

Edward analyzed Cybergeist's words and looked over at Doc.

"We could start with abandon or condemned buildings, they hate technology right? So we can hold off any 'Perfect' buildings for now, i take we need to take them in for questioning? "Edward said,

"We should take the necessary risks to capture one if possible. If so i request the interrogation duties"

"True. We might want to aim cameras towards nearby manholes. The sewers are quite the place for sneaking about unnoticed." Cyber thought about allowing Edward in doing the interrogation and nodded lightly. "You look like you know what you are doing. Just a tip, if we are ever going to take one alive, aim for the hands and feet, without them, they are completely useless."

Doc rolled his eyes at Cyber, "This guy is a joke." Doc sat back down and looked a Cyber, "I'm not going to kill kids, I'll tell you that right now Mr.Roboto." He looked at Edward, "And I wont let either one of you hurt kids either." Then he looked back at Cyber, "And if you need a reason why, the reason is we will need to safe face, and killing kids won't be the way."

Andy was done equipping himself quite lightly. He did not equip Iustitia, as it was only allowed usage when a mission had an incredible urgency or need for firepower. Iustitia was a prototype matter deconstruction technology that was yet classified to the public. Leaked information of it would not be a disaster, but something not encouraged. Andy did equip four flash grenades, which all fit into special compartments in Andy's robotic armor around his waist. Andy always had his twin combat blades ready inside his arms at all times, so that was a given. Two mechanical arms inside the elevator that Andy had come up in were the sources of Andy's repairs and equipment. Andy had equipped himself before he had come to the meeting, as was his habit.

The only ranged weapon that Andy needed was a pistol and plenty of clips to go with it, as Andy's battle strength came completely from his massive advantage over living beings as an advanced war machine. Both physically and mentally Andy was superior to the average man simply because he was a mechanical contraption, but Andy wondered if his value as a being was as great as any human that stood upon this earth. Andy was nothing but a scrap of metal in terms of physical composition, but whether he had a soul was something to be fiercely debated. Andy had a human brain, or at least an exact mechanical replica of it. His thoughts and views were exactly those of a mans, yet at the same time he was not a man. A contradiction of great wonder.

Andy often thought of whether he was actually a man or not, and every day he yearned to at least experience what it was like to be a man and not an automated killer.

Nonetheless, Andy had found a purpose in his life; doing jobs and assassinations for the government. Whether this purpose was respectable or right was something Andy did not consider. Living beings had a purpose in their life, and Andy desperately wanted to cling onto a purpose regardless of its moral standing.

Andy inserted the chip taht he had been given into port 17, a small insertion beside Andy's left fore finger. The information inside it was promptly uploaded to Andy's A.I.'s database. Andy did not like to clutter his own brain with data as he wanted to resemble a human as much as possible, and humans did not upload information to their brains, they experienced information.

Andy left the elevator and hurried down to the lockers, where he grabbed a pistol from the weapons rack and three clicks. This was all that he was going to equip himself with in terms of mid range combat. Double time and triple time would ensure that Andy won mid range duels and thus pistols were the best option for him.

After taking this pistol, Andy sat down on a bench and waited for his team members to get finished readying, as they had to wear much heavier and more varied equipment.

(@AmericanEagle )

Caspar choked back a laugh at Frost's comment, instinctively raising a hand to cover his mouth, but since he had the mask on it was quite unnecessary. He purposely looked down at the map, not meeting V's eyes as she would undoubtedly be pissed at him, shaking his head as he listened to Pyro. "You know what, I think I'm going to change our name from the Underground to the Comedians. A name to strike fear into the hearts of all our enemies." He said, a serious edge to his tone but a smile playing across his words. "Also, I will say no more on the matter of Visher, as if I do I'll wake up tomorrow missing a limb." He said, raising his eyes again to look around the group.

"Ravyn will be teaming up with Pyro and I if Madame doesn't show somewhere along the way." He added, noting the absence of the trainer. He had thought that he had seen her in the training hall, but perhaps not. Looking up at V's tone of voice, he shrugged at her. "I know you don't usually attack at the head, but if we attack from all sides there is a less chance of any officers escaping with sightings of us and dimming their ability to regroup at any area of the base. I put you up front because I know you can deal with an initial flood of police trying to escape." He explained, preferring not to have any agents going in on a raid with doubts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back