The Two Princes [Legendless & Highlander]

Rhys felt bad for what he said. Then he mentioned making out and his face went red. Some people thought that with so many brothers he wouldn't get embarrassed easily, but things like that embarrassed him. Mainly because he never actually kissed anyone before. Not that he was willing to say that.

He looked down for a moment when Andrei apologized. "It's okay." After all, Andrei was okay with his ice thing, he could handle a bit of embarrassment. Then Andrei said that they would go back and he nodded a bit. "Okay."

Andrei looked at Rhys' face. He would make a note to tone down and try and filter more. He didn't want to make his new betrothed too nervous. He did have trouble with overflirting. He'd get an earful from Kiel if he did anything to upset Rhys. Heck he might receive one when they returned.

He took off on Luna feeling rather good still. Rhys had trusted him enough to share his secret. Maybe this match would work itself out. He could only hope the rest came easy as this did. When he spotted the stables he went faster and soon he was dismounting.

"Would you like me to show you to your room before dinner?"

Rhys followed Andrei back the way they came. He was really glad that Andrei took his secret well. He didn't care if anyone else around here did or not, but he had needed Andrei to. Anna would likely be proud of him for doing it too.

When they saw the stables, he still kept up with Andrei. Before he knew it he was dismounting as well and Andrei asked about seeing his room. "That'd be great, thanks." Knowing where he was going to sleep would be very helpful.

Andrei nodded and gestured for Rhys to follow him. As he turned to leave the stables, Kiel entered and raised an eyebrow. He seemed to have changed in the time since the princes left but Andrei didn't ask why.

"Kiel."

"Prince Andrei. I'm glad both of you have returned. Dinners in an hour. It is important you both attend, I heard that your parents have some announcements."

The castle was always filled with rumors and gossips among the workers and Kiel always filled Andrei in on anything interesting or pertaining to him.

"I'll show Prince Rhys to his room and we will be there on time." He could only wonder what the announcements would be.

Rhys started to follow Andrei. When Kiel showed up, he saw Anna not far behind. He smiled a bit at her as she came over to his side. He wanted to tell her that he did it and that Andrei was okay with it. However, he wasn't sure he wanted Kiel to know.

It was hard enough telling Andrei. He knew the alliance between the two kingdoms was weak at best, so he didn't want to upset anyone. For now he'd tell no one else. The thing about announcements made him curious. He wasn't sure if he should be curious or not, but he couldn't help it.

"How did it go?" Anna asked him quietly, being able to tell that he didn't want Kiel to find out just yet.

"Great." He whispered.

Andrei turned to his fiance and Anna, smiling. He made a motion for them to go. Kiel fell in his normal steps behind the Prince. He wondered what might have happened since Andrei seemed to have returned in a better mood than he left.

"I hope you two had fun while riding. Getting along so early is surely a sign this union will work. Although," Kiel continued slightly glaring at his friend's back, "I do hope nothing uncouth happened."

Andrei felt his face burn up and he turned to meet Kiel's look. "How lowly of an opinion do you have of me? Everything remained civil and gentlemanly." Still red in the face he gave Rhys an apologetic look. "Just ignore him."

Rhys started to follow Andrei. Anna walked next to Kiel. She still looked very proud of Rhys for doing what he was able to do something that scared him so much. Then she couldn't help but smile at the conversation between Kiel and Andrei.

Rhys, however, had grown red at what Kiel said. He looked at Andrei when he told him to ignore the other. He smiled a little bit. "Okay."

Kiel turned to Anna and winked at her. He did trust Andrei but he was still human. He hadn't had much experience with romance or courting so it wouldn't surprise him if either of the princes went a little too fast at first.

"Gentlemanly. An odd term I think when your partner is another gentleman. I am sorry to assume you'd do such a thing."

Andrei didn't believe that he was sorry. Kiel liked to tease him whenever he had the chance. They arrived at the door and Andrei swung it open. It was a modest size room for the castle and the design was slightly plain. After all Rhys would not be needing it in several months. Andrei moved to allow Rhys and Anna to enter.

"There is a room next door for Anna if you wish."

Anna couldn't help but laugh at the wink. She knew that Rhys would not know much of how to act. That was another thing she was meant to do, help him figure things out if he needed the help. She knew him better than anyone.

Rhys looked around the room. He was glad it wasn't too much. His bedroom back home had been fairly simple itself. Simple was better to him.

"Thank you." Anna said with a grateful smile. Close was good. She would likely need to show Andrei how she calms Rhys down in the worst situations, just in case.

Andrei nodded and smiled at Anna.

"Of course. You two are our guests. It's important that you have everything you need to feel comfortable. If you need anything you can ask any servant around. Or myself." Andrei looked at Rhys with a shy expression before looking away. "I am at your disposal as well."

"You should try out the bed. They are stuffed with feathers but aren't too slacking."

Rhys felt himself blush a bit when Andrei said something about being at his disposal. Then he mentioned trying the bed.

"I believe I am going to take a look at my room now." Anna said. She knew that Rhys would be better the more time he spent one on one with Andrei. He took time to feel okay with people and that was what he needed. He needed to be okay with at least Andrei, after all he was going to marry him. Then she went to look at where she'd be staying.

Rhys went over to the bed and sat down. "It's so soft." He said. His bed before was harder.

Kiel watched Anna go and then decided to follow her. He winked at Andrei who scowled back in return. He watched his friend go leaving him alone with his fiance once again.

"Yes. I'd prefer mine a little firmer but I've heard many good things about these beds." Andrei stayed by the doorway suddenly feeling self-conscious. Maybe it was talking about beds. And the implication that they'd be eventually sharing one down the line.

Rhys looked up to notice they were alone again. He looked down, face turning a little bit red. Earlier he had been nervous, but this felt different. He heard what Andrei said and felt his heart skip a beat.

He didn't want to think about the fact that they would have to share not just a bed before too long. It scared him. He started to wring his hands slowly, trying not to get nervous. He started to make make a little ball of water and moved it without thinking much. "What's your favorite thing to do around here?" He asked, trying to change the subject.

Andrei was tempted to join Rhys on the bed if only to sit down. But he stayed at the door instead, the nerves too much for him to do that. He could only imagine how silly it might seem to outsiders.

"I like riding. That is for sure. Outside of that I rather enjoy reading. I have a wide variety of what I'll read but histories were always intriguing. same with mythology. I've also taken up fencing." Andrei looked down at his feet suddenly self-conscious. "I also enjoy baking. Mostly cakes." He had gotten teased by his brother for it a lot as a kid but he really liked it. "What about you?"

Rhys smiled a little bit. This was easier to talk about than other things. However, Andrei still seemed sort of nervous. Or was it self-conscious? Then he turned it to Rhys. He should have expected that, he thought about what he liked.

"Um, reading." As if his wonder at the library earlier wasn't enough. "Mostly philosophy." He liked trying to challenge himself into thinking. "I like baking too. Cookies are my forte." He said with a smile. His brothers would laugh at him until they tried what he made. "I had a small garden that was just mine back home too."

So they were both bookworms but it seemed they had different topics they enjoyed. That wasn't so bad. Maybe they could always discuss the different topics together. Philosophy did sound like it'd be interesting. Andrei was excited when he heard that Rhys liked to bake. He imagined them making a mess of the kitchen and getting kicked out. The thought made him smile.

"Gardening? I wouldn't have expected that. It seems we both rather like desserts. You can use the kitchen for baking as long as you don't get too messy. Or burn your cake and almost burn down the kitchen still filling the room with smoke and being chastised by the head cook for an hour," he said remembering that day. "If it'd make you feel more comfortable you can have a garden here."

Rhys smiled a bit and nodded. "It was something I got from my grandmother on my father's side." He said, he used to garden with her all the time. He listened to the warning about baking and smiled a bit more. That sounded like it could have been hysterical, maybe not right away but it sounded funny now.

"See, that's the cool thing about controlling water." He told him. "You can quickly put out any fires caused by kitchen mishaps. Although explaining why the kitchen is completely flooded is not the easiest thing to do." It seemed like they both had their stories to share. "Thank you." He said, smiling a bit more when Andrei said he'd be able to have his own garden here. He thought that'd it be nice. It would also mean he could do one of the things that calmed him down when he felt like he was going to lose control of his powers.

Andrei laughed a little at Rhys' story. It seemed that they had more in common than he had initially thought. "I fear what our combine efforts would do to the kitchen then."

Andrei nodded happy that Rhys was happy. He wanted the other prince to feel like this was his home now. It was and if he could do anything to make the transition easier than he would. "When you want to start it just let me know and I can point you to the best place to put it. Now," Andrei started, "I hope you're prepared for dinner. I have a feeling my parents might want to discuss details of our engagement and the like. Shouldn't be too hard but I don't want you to be uncomfortable."

Rhys laughed a little bit. "Probably bad things." He said with a smile. "But it could be fun." Maybe anyway. Then Andrei mentioned just asking when he wanted to start a garden. That made him feel better. Knowing he could keep up his gardening made him feel safe here.

Nodding a little bit, Rhys wasn't really prepared at all. However, he knew he couldn't just not go. So he started to mentally prepare himself for whatever it could possibly mean. He just hoped whatever it was didn't cause him to lose it. After all, other people knowing was still risky. He didn't know how anyone else would react and he'd actually rather not find out before he was ready for the worst.

[sorry for the lateness]

Andrei watched Rhys from where he stood. He wanted to say more, to reassure the other prince that everything would be fine. It was going to be wedding planning. Nothing they couldn't handle. But he had this weird feeling in his stomach. He opened his mouth to speak and then noticed the time. Sighing he gave Rhys a smile.

"You can get changed for dinner. I'll wait outside." Without another word - or waiting for a response - Andrei removed himself from the doorframe and exited the room shutting it. He leaned against the outside wall and buried his head in his hands. He tried not to think of his fiance getting changed on the other side. Nor what dinner might bring.

Rhys wondered what the sigh was about, but Andrei mentioned changing for dinner. He was about to at least nod, but Andrei was gone. He sat there for a moment or two, not doing anything. Then he got changed quickly, making sure he looked presentable. He stared at himself in the mirror contained in the room. Was he really ready to do this? Rhys didn't think so.

He started to feel cold again. "You're not nervous." He scolded the prince reflected in the glass. "You have faced things way worse. You're going to go out there and not freeze anything." He began to get slightly warmer. "You're not nervous." He had to tell himself that. He was going to tell Andrei's parents when he was ready and only if he was absolutely sure. When he felt better, he walked to the door and opened it slowly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back