• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Tsar's Plottings and Ideas

Silver Tsar

Hi! I'm Silver Tsar and I've been missing some creativity in my life - so what better remedy that than some RPing? :) I've had writer's block for nearly 2-3 years now. My muse dried up and I need to write in some way-shape-or-form, as it is getting painful to not have any sort of creative outlet. With that said, I know my writing skills will be rusty, so please bear with me!

Before we get to the fun part, we gotta go through the boring ol' rules/beliefs/hopes/fears/dreams/guidelines - most of which you'll probably be familiar with if you've surfed RPNation 1x1 before.

1) Quality writing only please - by that, I mean I'd rather see four sentences of excellent beautiful writing than ten paragraphs of txt tlk stile mispelings and poor grammar. I'm not going to mandate any specific length of post, but if we're both interested in a plotline enough I figure we'll both be willing to put effort in. As for number of posts, I get people are busy so something like 3-5 posts per week as a minimum. Please tell me if something comes up and that doesn't work for you, you have to disappear, or real life otherwise intrudes on you. I will do likewise should bad stuff happen. I normally surf RPN every night/super-early morning, so I'm able to respond nearly once every day.

2) 18+ Adults only - I'm an adult and I prefer RPing/writing with other adults.

3) Be prepared for OOC conversations - I'm very much one of those RPers who'd like to get to know you before, during, and as RP. I believe the more we get to know one another, the more we'll like RPing together, and this will only increase our quality of RP! =D

4) Normal RPN rules apply of course.

5) I don't do pre-planned romance
- if our characters develop chemistry, great! But I don't go into an RP planning on getting my character to hook-up with yours. I don't plan my characters' gender/sexuality on them romancing someone. Sorry if that's your cup of tea!

6) I prefer PM but a public topic works for me too!

Not a rules per se, but other little notices about myself/my RPing preferences:

I work nights four days of the week, so I probably will be posting at somewhat odd hours, so please don't go in expecting me to respond immediately to your latest post.

Most of the ideas I have are incredibly barebones and before we'd start roleplaying we'd sit down and do some world-building, planning, and a little bit of plotting (even if it's as simple as "this is the character archetype I want to explore"). If you're someone who needs an iron tight pre-planned plot, characters, and world, sorry. I'm much more of a "plan some stuff but leave a lot to be discovered in play" type roleplayer.

I think that's all the boring stuff outta the way, now onto the RPing ideas! :D

Sci-Fi

Military sci-fi Mech action – I was definitely feeling a gritty tale of plucky mech pilot recruits getting thrust into a war far outside the scope of what the propaganda news has lead the public to believe. Think a "the soldiers will be back by Christmas!" mentality versus the reality of war type scenario.

Fantasy

Floating Island clockpunk/early steampunk style exploration/high fantasy shenanigans - An age-of-sail type swashbuckling adventure. I was thinking a Legend of Zelda kinda tone and feel to this, especially inspired by Breath of the Wild's open world exploration themes.

Low fantasy political/intrigue story inspired by The Lies of Locke Lamora, Dishonored, Blades in the Dark, and The Count of Monte Cristo - some sort of story where themes such as loyalty, vengeance, justice, truth, and honor are explored in a non-medieval fantasy, more whalepunk/clockpunk/early modern, setting.

Wuxia (East Asian martial arts stories) – either in real life China or a homebrew setting. I'm not the most knowledgeable in wuxia tropes or Chinese history, but what little I do know I absolutely adore and would love to RP in such a world!

Ryuutama/Spice and Wolf style travelogue slice of life fantasy rp - instead of the usual heroic/epic fantasy style heroes going on a quest to save all mankind, this RP would be more of a slow-paced personal take on the fantasy genre. Instead of heroes, we would be ordinary folk, from craftspeople to nobles to minstrels to wanderers trying to meet some personal goal or quest rather than such lofty goals as saving the world or vanquishing evil.

Final Fantasy IV/VI/VII style JRPG epic fantasy - think the table-top RPG Exalted or the aforementioned Final Fantasy games for inspiration!

Historical/Alt-Historical

Medieval - My medieval knowledge is almost exclusively English/Scottish/Welsh/French high to late Medieval and Viking-era. Either historical characters or original characters are cool.

Renaissance - Italian or English Renaissance in the style of a Netflix/HBO/Showtime costume drama pieces. Likewise, historical or OCs welcome.

Cold War Gone Hot - a post-apocalyptic military RP. Action would probably be in Eastern Europe/Germany, but I'm open to more fantastical scenarios/ideas.

Dice

L5R - Legend of the Five Rings 4th edition. I also have 1st and 3rd editions; setting would be pre-Scorpion Clan Coup with some homebrew elements.

Fandom

ASOIAF - A Song of Ice and Fire; based almost exclusively on the books (Sorry I'm not a big fan of the TV series :/) with a HUUUUUUGE preference for OCs.

Shadowrun - My favorite cyberpunk-meets-high fantasy settings. I'm willing to do nearly any sort of story in the Shadowrun universe.

If you got a great story seed, feel free to pitch it do me! I'm more than willing to try out someone else's idea as long as we can both get along well. And if you just want to talk to some random nerd on the internet, feel free to PM me! I'm always willing to talk to people. :)

Hiya Silver! ^^ (So tempted to say "Hi-ho Silver!" but- Oops, already did ;P) I am LOVING your general attitude about rping AND the vast majority of your plots! I'm particularly interested in your Sci-fi plot, the Wuxia-style plot, and the Spice and Wolf- Esque plot. Hit me up in a pm if ya wanna discuss moar :3, already starting to craft characters in my head for some of these settings :D

Hmm, your fantasy interests are also quite intriguing to me. Do you have any additional information about those? Or a preference of which you want to do?

I'd be happy to work out some details for your Sci-Fi, Low fantasy/politically inclined or Final Fantasy style (specifically IV-inspired since it's one of my favourites) plots. Whichever you're feeling the most right now really, or have yet to do with other people. Not sure I'm able to PM yet, so throw me one when you get a chance and we can have a discussion if you're up for it. I can provide samples as well if you need to see some evidence of my writing too.

Hiya Silver! ^^ (So tempted to say "Hi-ho Silver!" but- Oops, already did ;P) I am LOVING your general attitude about rping AND the vast majority of your plots! I'm particularly interested in your Sci-fi plot, the Wuxia-style plot, and the Spice and Wolf- Esque plot. Hit me up in a pm if ya wanna discuss moar :3, already starting to craft characters in my head for some of these settings :D
Hahaha feel free to make all the "hi-ho Silver!" comments, DergTheDergon DergTheDergon ! XD Reminds me of one of my favorite TV series - Band of Brothers hahaha. And I sent a PM your way!

Hmm, your fantasy interests are also quite intriguing to me. Do you have any additional information about those? Or a preference of which you want to do?
Hi Purity Purity ! :D My preference currently of those fantasy ideas would be the Floating Island one. I don't really have any additional info as like I said I kinda wanted to create more specifics based on those super general ideas with individual RPers. If you need a more concrete type idea or info though, just let me know! I'm sure I can whip up something for you.

I'd be happy to work out some details for your Sci-Fi, Low fantasy/politically inclined or Final Fantasy style (specifically IV-inspired since it's one of my favourites) plots. Whichever you're feeling the most right now really, or have yet to do with other people. Not sure I'm able to PM yet, so throw me one when you get a chance and we can have a discussion if you're up for it. I can provide samples as well if you need to see some evidence of my writing too.
Hey Confounding Confounding ! Thanks for the interest! Expect a PM from me!

I would be all over a Chinese, Scottish, Welsh, or Viking rp. I don't currently have an idea for them, but I would love to work one out with you from scratch if needed. If you are interested go ahead and PM me.

Actually, that idea at least sounds very close to something that I was trying to create, years ago. I would love to hear additional details, maybe over a PM, if you have them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back