Experiences The Trouble With Group RPs

to me group rps have pro and cons to them I've been a few group rps on another site some being warrior cat rps but they always seemed to die out weather it be not enough people had the muse or there just wasn't enough action for the thread to keep going i'm not saying group roleplays are bad just the have the tendency to die out if there isn't enough people willing to keep going

there great for starters in the rp realm if they want to try and find friends to later rp with in a more 1x1 setting or 2x1 and so on just most the group rps i been in over on another site has a huge tendency to die so to speak (not saying all group rps do i've seen a few group rps on the other site go on for a long time just depends if the people in that rp have enough muse to keep it going)

i've tried group rps before and i don't think they're for me either. i think the only way i'd consider joining a group rp now is if it has a well thought-out, killer (not literally) concept with maybe 3 other solid writers whom i can trust to keep the story fresh and rolling. this seems like an ideal number to me, honestly.

i've tried group rps before and i don't think they're for me either. i think the only way i'd consider joining a group rp now is if it has a well thought-out, killer (not literally) concept with maybe 3 other solid writers whom i can trust to keep the story fresh and rolling. this seems like an ideal number to me, honestly.

Ya got to be careful with small groups. As they run the risk of falling apart easily if one person leaves. Three person groups especially are cursed. They literally never work out.

Four person groups can work out but you gotta really work at it.

Ya got to be careful with small groups. As they run the risk of falling apart easily if one person leaves. Three person groups especially are cursed. They literally never work out.

Four person groups can work out but you gotta really work at it.
ah, thanks! i'm currently in one with five other writers besides myself, so we'll see how that works once we start! do you mind sharing more about your rp experiences with small groups in general? it would be my first time doing this and i'm curious to hear your thoughts.

Good writers (Everyone metric various on this point.) can be hard to find. Finding a single player that can commit to a long-term engagement these days isn't as common as it once was. Finding a community is rarer. I have one, been in it for over a decade. Most other groups I find fizzle out, devolve into bickering, or someone ghosts and derails the experience. Though to be fair ghosting is common enough even in 1v1s. Or so my anecdotal experience has been.

ah, thanks! i'm currently in one with five other writers besides myself, so we'll see how that works once we start! do you mind sharing more about your rp experiences with small groups in general? it would be my first time doing this and i'm curious to hear your th

So with smaller groups it’s all about friendships with the players. You want to be able to talk to them about just about anything. My first group had a small group of around five players that stuck it out for going on four years. They didn’t always post in the roleplay but they talked to each other daily.

About everything from their jobs to their pets to their favorite books. They also came up with a lot of stories and character arcs but that part is ironically less important.

Cuz if you are happy chatting with someone you will usually stick it out a lot longer then if you just are interested in the story and don’t like anything else.

So with smaller groups it’s all about friendships with the players. You want to be able to talk to them about just about anything. My first group had a small group of around five players that stuck it out for going on four years. They didn’t always post in the roleplay but they talked to each other daily.

About everything from their jobs to their pets to their favorite books. They also came up with a lot of stories and character arcs but that part is ironically less important.

Cuz if you are happy chatting with someone you will usually stick it out a lot longer then if you just are interested in the story and don’t like anything else.

This! After finding a good group of people before, I've been struggling to find the same connection again. It really does make all the difference and I still miss chatting with everyone.

makes so much sense, thanks! i'd say i'm close to two of the five, so hopefully that works and i can develop the other friendships down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back