• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Town Of Fog

king5ter

Bittersweet Psychopath
"At night they come. The fallen. The lost. The forgotten."

Welcome to Hell.

sleeepy%2Bhollow%2Bddf.jpg

Welcome to the town of Misthaven, a town of secrets and deceit, where everyone has something to hide and event he dead have secrets. A serial killer by the name of Indigo is on the loose, stalking his victims and brutally mutilating them. He plays a deadly game with the town, dancing around with them, teasing them until they beg for death.

The dead they watch you.

Except here, death isn't much of an ending. At night the ghosts of those who once were return to haunt the inhabitants of Misthaven and seek redemption. When darkness falls they come out to play, and murder is the name of the game. Nobody is safe from their wrath. There is no hiding, no running. You fight or you die.

There is no escape.
Fog.jpg

When things go bad, the human instinct is to run. But here, that isn't much of an option. A thick fog surrounds the town, and anyone who enters it turns up dead a few hours later. Nobody comes in. Nobody goes out. Supplies inexplicably appear from nowhere. As the dead become more and more numerous the nights come worse, with those left living forced to fight for their lives.

There is no escape. There is nothing left but hope.

Hallo!

So this is my first big RP and I really want it to be good. I'm not looking for a huge amount of players (8-12 at most) so this shouldn't be too difficult, but I'm not just looking for anyone. I want people with impeccable grammar, with decent writing ability and with the ability to shock me and make me feel for their character.

I will be taking part in the RP, but not as a normal inhabitant of the town like the other players. I will be doing two things:

-I will be controlling the serial killer, Indigo, as he embarks on his blood-filled killing spree.

-I will be writing a regular in-game newspaper detailing the in-game events. This will serve as both a summary of the plot so far and a way to move the plot on and create new mysteries.

The RP will be a mixture of plot-driven and character-driven. Also, a lot of the main plot will be changed and manipulated based on what happens in-game. I have quite an extensive plan so far, but at the moment I'm not really planning an ending for the RP, so as long as there's people willing to participate the RP will go on.

If you're interested, let me know in the OCC and I will PM you with a little challenge to complete. If I think you've completed it well enough, you will be accepted and I'll message you some details about your character.

Please read the rules in the overview tab first before you begin posting. Apart from that, once you've been accepted and have posted your character, you're free to start.

Current players:

Moi

Grey

Riven

CrimsonEclipse

Peril

ChronosDesine

Elegy

NorbertM

xXxKateKaysxXx

Last edited by a moderator:
The Misthaven Gazette Issue 428 19/10/14

MISTHAVEN RIPPER CLAIMS SIXTH VICTIM AS TOWNSFOLK FEAR FOR THEIR LIVES - JUST WHO IS THIS INDIGO?

Yet another inhabitant of our quiet and normally peaceful town has brutally had their life taken away from them by the illusive serial killer known only as Indigo.

Grace Moore, 42, was found dead in her home yesterday morning, her body mutilated almost beyond recognition. Her husband Jerry, 43, and son Peter, 16, has been out fishing at the lake in the early morning. They returned home to find Grace dead, her blood splattered across their living room. Local police recognized it as the work of Indigo, or as he is more well-known, the Misthaven Ripper. This is his sixth murder in the past two months. But just who is he and what does he want?

Many of the residents of Misthaven have been speculating as to just who this Indigo is. Many believe that he is a resident of the town in disguise, as he had to have been here for the past two years. Others say he is a ghost of some random traveler who wandered into the fog. We interviewed the current head of the Misthaven Police Department, Marcus Khan, on his thoughts.

Us: So, Marcus, who or what exactly do you think Indigo is?

Marcus: To be honest, I don't know and I don't care. At the end of the day, he is a threat to our town, and he needs to be dealt with. Who he is doesn't matter. We've got enough on our plate with the fog and the ghosts.

Us: But how exactly do you plan to deal with this threat?

M: Since he appeared we have strengthened police forces on the streets a lot. The thing is, with the fog, we're not getting any new help, and so many people are quitting the police force out of fear. We can't stop them. We're spread thin as it is. What we plan to do is figure out a pattern to his killings and work out who his next victim is so we can take him out.

Us: Is there a pattern though? Many of the townsfolk seem to believe that he is just killing randomly, for fun.

M: The MPD don't believe that. It would take a very sick person to be killing people for fun. There is a pattern here, and we will find it.

Us: Recently many of the residents of Misthaven have been having doubts as to the integrity and strength of the police force. How would you respond to this?

M: We're doing the best we can with the few resources we've got at the moment. Our only objective is to make sure that the people of Misthaven feel safe, and until Indigo is behind bars, they won't be able to feel that way. All I have to say is that we're trying as hard as we can and with the right support we will catch him.

Us: Is safe even a word that could be used to describe this town anymore, what with the ghosts and all?

M: I believe it is. As long as people make sure that they lock their doors and windows at night, there is nothing to be afraid of. Until these ghosts go away, we'll just have to deal with them, and that's what we will do.

Us: Of course, of course. Thank you for your time.

Despite Khan's reassurances, many have been skeptical as to the work of the police force lately. Is Misthaven really a safe place anymore?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back