• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Thing 2.0

A day ago, Arion was beyond pissed. He still felt such emotions today, though looking at the sunrise, it soothed his mind - albeit slightly. It's been an entire night of riding by horseback. Half the time, Arion found it difficult to even open his eyes. Continuous bangs onto the hard dirt road created by his horse's trots were the only thing keeping him awake. If it were any softer, he would've slept by now. Any louder, he would've had a tantrum from the noise. They were loud enough to be soothing after an hour, while also maintaining its annoying sound. The contradiction kept him both awake, and off the tipping point of anger.

Behind him, was Alazne. He still wasn't sure how he convinced her to come along, as his various persuasions were likely the most suspicious thing he had ever done. Arion felt slightly bad, using her for his whole revenge plan and whatnot. Though these thoughts were often washed-out by his pure rage. On the outside he kept his composure - keeping a happy facade and acting as if nothing was wrong. On the inside, it was obviously the opposite.

"Mmm...thanks for taggin along. Needed the morale support," Arion spoke in a hushed tone, for the off-chance she was sleeping. 

With half closed eyes, Alazne started reviewing how things happened fast in the past few days...

The kingdom was preparing a wedding; The victorious princess was going to marry the fallen prince. Together, they would spread the peace and justice all around the...

Who were they kidding? Although he could become a king in future, he'd be just a doll. The queen, herself, would have the authority over him and the whole country. That was why when days before the wedding Arion met her and tried to explain his last mission his deceased mother gave him with her last breaths, the proud Alazne saw no harm in giving him the chance. Poor thing was going to be her 'prisoner' soon so why not giving him some permitted freedom before the official chains of arranged marriage would be applied on him? What harm could he do? He didn't even have an army. 

That was why Alazne combed her golden hair she was so proud of, fired one of the maids for choosing an ugly dress for her, threatened another one when she insisted on sending some guards with her aaaaand...just hopped on back of her soon to be husband's horse...

It was somehow a honeymoon.

The ride was boring, long and Arion was too silent.

Finally the male decided to talk and appreciated her all of sudden. Alazne took a moment to yawn with her hand over her mouth like a true lady and then answered him with a sweet, sickening smile.

"Oh, my dear man. That's the least I can do to decrease the sorrow of the huge loss you experienced. I mean, my father might have acted a little too harsh. Maybe he expected a better defence from your kingdom?" 

An annoying giggle escaped the brat's mouth.

"Ah, forget it. I'm starting to get hungry. Find somewhere to eat. Now." Uh-Oh, Alazne was treating him like a low servant of hers. This was making his decision easier to make.

ARION SOLTHIL

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]"Oh, my dear man. That's the least I can do to decrease the sorrow of the huge loss you[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]experienced. I mean, my father might have acted a little too harsh. Maybe he expected a[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]better defence from your kingdom?" [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Hmph. Thought she’d actually turn around and be nice in other categories other than the looks[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]department, [/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Arion thought rather despairingly. Every minute of being with Alazne increased Arion’s[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]resolve on the situation - finishing up this stupid ritual and think about life for a few minutes. He had[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]expected a sheltered and somewhat naive individual as a princess of the enemy kingdom, though[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Arion never expected her to be this much of a...total brat.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Just as Arion opened his mouth to change the subject, Alazne stopped his words with a comment.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]"Ah, forget it. I'm starting to get hungry. Find somewhere to eat. Now." [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]“Tch,” [/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Arion gritted his teeth, utterly bewildered by his bride’s attitude. Although the utter negative[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]emotions floating through his head to ignore her, Arion pointed behind him to a satchel strapped on[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]his horse. [/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px]“There should be some snacks in there to keep you appetized in the meantime.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Don’t eat them all though, we still have a whole ride ahead of us…”[/SIZE]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tags - @Valkyira

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back