• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Tales of the Fably Written

Maria had been planning this wedding for a while, as she gazed at pictures of her and her high school crush Aoi being flirtatiously friendly in old high school photos... "Aoi-Chan..." She sighed, as her fiancee Kanatana walked in and hugged her from behind. "So you still in love?" Kanatana was quite handsome but still a bit possessive when it came to his girl. "Huh? With you, yes of course..." Maria smiled kissing him on the cheek lightly.

Writer's World

Leo was frustrated but calm as he wrote in his music journal, noticing his mortal enemy Akira. Huhh, that girl irritates me so much... I wonder what it'd be like if I could freak her out for once? I know we don't talk enough for me to know her triggers, but I still want to show her who owns this school! Me... Leo released a heavy sigh as he adjusted swooshy black hair.

Aoi was in a jet black car, staring at the setting sun solemnly. He'd been invited to a wedding. Not just any wedding. Maria's wedding. Not that he didn't want to be happy for her or anything, but he felt that he couldn't. After all those years of loving her, and wanting her to love him too, he was losing her to some man he'd never even met. What if this man wasn't good for her? What if she was doomed to live an unhappy life? He was used to this paranoia. He often sat awake all night long contemplating the universe and all things that went on. Why did this have to occur? Why couldn't she....have chosen him?

He could feel rain coming. The sign of a bad day turning worse.

But he's feign happiness for her.

Writer's World

Akira was casually drawing two interlocked roses in her notebook, glancing up every so often to observe the figure she'd known for years. A figure that made her grimace with disgust. A familiar presence known as her rival. Her competition. Her enemy. The two had hardly ever talked, but she despised him nonetheless.

As she thought of her disdain for him, she ended up ruining her beautiful artwork. Scowling in frustration, she ripped the page out and bundled it up, throwing it towards Leo purposely. Though the trash can was several feet away. Standing, she smirked at him deviously. "I'm sorry, Leo. You resembled trash for a moment there." Without another word, she turned of her heels and began to head towards class, satisfied with bothering him. Even if just for a second.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maria had been making out with Kanatana, finally stopped as she realized -- "I just got an idea!" She smiled, "What is it, Baby?" Kana asked grunting. "What if we put the wedding in a newspaper?" Maria suggested curiously. "Which one?" He asked pulling her into his arms, "The Local Guild Paper..." Of course it was the one she took pictures for. "That sounds wondrous, Baby!" Kana grinned groaning, as Maria cuddled into his arms and they rested for a few hours.

Writer's World

"Oh that's fine, for someone reason I didn't know you were here." Leo smirked cockily, opening the paper and gazing a bit impressed. "This is... Awful!" He chuckled cockily, handing the crumpled art piece back to her. "Why don't you get lessons?" He laughed. "It may help..." Leo smirked winking coldly.

Aoi had just arrived at his destination. The sun had already dipped below the horizon several hours ago. The clouds had rolled over him, mockingly reminding him of what was coming and what had already arrived. Scowling as raindrops poured down around him, he hurried out of the vehicle with his suitcases in his hands. Upon entering the building, he glanced around disinterestedly, only softening when he was addressed by a lady that obviously worked there. A lady with a plastered on smile, reminding him how others feigned their happiness as well. She directed him to his room number and even told him where Maria's room would be. Thanking her as politely as he could, he hurried away. All the while, he was dialing Maria's number. He didn't yet want to face her.

Writer's World

Akira crossed her arms at his lame attempts at berating her. "Like I'm going to take advice from the likes of you. You're uncultured. You wouldn't know art if it hit you in the face, darling." She mockingly pulled together a sickly sweet smile as she turned her gaze to him. "For someone who doesn't pay attention to my existence, you sure find your ways of getting on my nerves daily." She shrugged. She couldn't be bothered by him today. There was so much to do. She entered class and took her seat, frowning.

Maria and Kanatana had just finished an hour or two of cuddling, when they had decided to head out for a lunch together along with some of their friends when Maria heard her phone ringing. "Hello? Oh, Aoi-Chan... How are you? How was your trip?" Maria knew she sounded a bit like she was crushing but she ignored it a bit... I wonder what she would do if I knew, she'd have to choose me if she really knew... Kana thought firmly placing his hand on her shoulder and pulling her into his arms as she continued chit-chatting with Aoi.

Writer's World

"For a girl, you sure have confidence or is that your ego?" Leo snapped getting irritated with her childish reaction, "Sometimes I wish there was a girl a little taller than you, to annoy me.." He thought aloud coldly thinking about Akira's smile though he wouldn't dare admit it!

Aoi was just getting inside his room and setting his stuff down when Maria answered his call. He never collapsed upon hearing her voice. Despite the distant qualify, it was hers. He knew. Perhaps she hadn't changed that much at all. Perhaps the only problem was the fact she was marrying herself off. He smiled faintly. "Hey, I've been well....A little tired from the ride, but I'm fine. The weather is pretty bad, but I think that dampers your plans more than mine. How are you? Excited for the big day?" It was almost too easy for him to pretend this was all some sort of play. That he was simply an actor and that this was all meaningless. But, realistically, this was killing him. Could she tell? Could she feel the pain seeping through each word?

No, she wouldn't. She was busy loving him.

Writer's World

"Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I can't hold my own. A taller girl would just make you feel like even less of a person, but my height isn't a concern of yours Leo." She snapped back in retaliation. She was preparing to say more, but she relented when the teacher gave them a warning look. She sank into her seat with crossed arms, occasionally glancing at the boy she always claimed to hate. He was just another boy, she told herself, but he was a boy that meant trouble.

"I'm glad to hear you're doing alright... But are you okay? Your voice sounds kind of stuffy..." Maria asked hearing the pain behind his tone, "Maybe you should meet us for lunch." She suggested causing Kana to glance at her in confusion. "Yea, Kana-Chan is fine with it..." She answered before Kana to decline.

Writer's World

Leo sighed and began taking notes as he thought to himself... She'll never get it, she's just so perfect! He thought silently scratching his swooshy hair. I just wish she was a bit more mature, then I can actually make a move on her.

"It's the weather, honestly. I'm so acquainted with warmth I'm not used to this icy rain. You'll have to excuse my voice for the moment." He frowned at her realization that something was wrong. If she saw him at lunch she'd immediately know something was wrong, but he smiled to himself nonetheless in an attempt to remain calm. "Lunch? Uh....sure. I'll be right there. Where are you guys having lunch?" He didn't want to think of lunch, nor did he want to go. Yet he'd force himself anyways.

He set his things down, his notebook and laptop sitting on the desk peacefully. He ran his hand along the desk in thought, contemplating the world he'd crafted with his very own hands. He supposed their adventures would have to wait for his return as he walked out the door, thinking that what awaited them was far less dastardly then what he was going to confront.

Writer's World

Akira sat in silence throughout the class, writing down notes and doodling on the page with relative calmness. She didn't even know why Leo and her were at odds, but she decided not to ponder on it for long. He was just a rude child and she was a competitive, ambitious soul seeking acclaim and fortune. She hadn't the time to deal with him, let alone try to understand the complexity lurking in his head. He was just a far away thought, always knocking in the back of her mind and begging for attention. She didn't even like him.

So why did she look at him anyways?

"Maria-Chan..." Kana explained, gazing at her longingly. "You're too nice, to that friend of yours..." He sighed, "Don't worry Kana-Chan, he's my high school friend; he means you no harm." Maria smiled innocently causing Kana to agree reluctantly. "Very well then..." He agreed giving her a passionate kiss on the cheek as they headed out to the restaurant. "We're having lunch at the Cristo Bistro." She finally answered and added, "You're going to feel better." Maria comforted him lovingly.

Writer's World

Leo released an elongated sigh as the notes seemed to become blurry and the room felt a bit uneasy... Perhaps it was -- The creator is in trouble? Leo know something was off about this day in the environment he inhabited; but the problem was he didn't know what it was!

Aoi finished the call as quickly as he could manage, going outside and hailing a taxi to take him to the location Maria had provided him with. He wasn't necessarily looking forward to spending his evening watching his longtime love and her fiancé googling at each other, but he could bear it. If he could write astronomical stories with dynamic characters and invigorating plot twists, then he could do anything!

He rode in the car in silence, allowing the rain to be his only solstice. At least it truly knew how he felt. It didn't pretend it wasn't dreary. He realized there was nothing romantic about the rain, thus no two people should kiss in it.

When he arrived at the restaurant, he stepped out after paying the cab driver and stood outside, expectantly thinking that Maria hadn't yet arrived.

Writer's World

Akira felt strange. The world hadn't changed, but something in her had. What's going on? Is the Boss trying to do something? She immediately began to look around, perhaps searching for a clue of what was going on. Suddenly, her stomach began to twist and turn into knots. Whatever was going on with the Boss, it wasn't good. In fact, it was perpetually nauseating. She raised her hand and asked to be excused before she zoomed out of the room. When she was out, she walked down the hall for a moment before pausing and sliding down onto the floor. What was going on? What was....wrong? Surely the Boss wouldn't be doing anything detrimental, right?

Maria had already arrived but Kana was in the bathroom in the restaurant, "Hey, Aoi-Chan..." She bowed to him and hugged him tightly. "How are you?" Maria blushed a bit smelling his scent for the first time in what seemed like forever... "I'm sorry about the rain... Reminds me of the time, you threatened to kill my ex Reign in one of your books." She explained the sadness appearing in her eyes. Meanwhile inside the bathroom Kana was gazing at himself in a twisted mannerism, "I'm going to make that little runt see who he's screwing with... Maria is MINE, now!" He growled to himself.

Writer's World

Leo had followed after Akira as soon as he could and he lifted her up into his arms, "Akira! Akira!" He gasped, checking for a pulse. She was breathing but just barely, "Dang it..." He griped as he carried her to the nearest hospital; also cutting the rest of classes for that day...

Aoi was taken aback by her sudden, firm hug. He wrapped his arms around her uncertainly, taking in the moment before it passed. Slowly, but surely, he pulled back so he didn't make the embrace last too long. After all, he wasn't the one she should be holding. "Maria-chan, it's a pleasure to see you, despite the rain. I'm as best as I could be." He laughed softly at her for remembering about one of his older books. He hadn't read that one in so long. Were the character's endings still happy after all? "You know me. I'm always incorporating real life into my books. I hope you'll read the one I have coming up. I'm going to have a wedding scene in it. It may even be the scene of the great, climatic battle." They were led to a table with three chairs. He pulled out a chair for her and then sat down. "How are you? Is your fiancé off doing so daring deed for the betterment of society? I always would have thought you were going to marry that one kid in our class. You remember....he....you and him were always competing for something. I thought it was so funny how he always looked at you. Like you were everything. I suppose he went off to do something else. Like go to America and attend Harvard." He chuckled at the thought, though he was really thinking of how the boy had probably gone off to find someone that looked at him so lovingly. Aoi then reflected how he spent his whole life looking at a girl whose gaze would eventually drift elsewhere.

Would he ever find someone who would look back?

Writer's World

Akira had fallen into some form of unconsciousness on the trip to the hospitable. When she finally awoke, she had machines and a white room around her. She felt incredibly weak. She peered around, attempting to sit up and even get out of bed. Of course, she ultimately failed and forced herself to lay back down. "Hello?" She asked, her gaze blurry. What was wrong? She'd never felt so crummy. Nor had she ever imagined she would. The boss wouldn't do this. She couldn't believe it. "I....I'm feeling better now." She lied, peering around as her gaze began to clear. For a moment, she thought she saw a familiar figure. A figure she hadn't expected to spot.

"Oh, Darien... He uhh, uhh... He's with that brunette chick Rei..." Maria suddenly sounded pained in her tones, as she looked down and took a large gulp of the water in the wine glass next to her. "Ah... He left me, for her. But he wasn't the first to do that to me..." She sighed a crack in her voice. "He studied at Harvard,at about the same time I went to New York. But that was the last time, we saw each-other." She could hear her heart breaking, but she acted strong though that was something Aoi could always see through... "I'm sorry, I've use the bathroom excuse me..." She bowed to hide her shimmering eyes, full of tears. Right as Kana came out, realizing she was crying... "What's wrong?" He asked, "I'm fine..." She snapped racing to the bathroom as Kana sat down in front of Aoi firmly. "What did you do?" He growled his eyes shot with daggers at Aoi.

Writer's World

Leo places his hand onto Akira's cheek softly. "Are you sure you're okay?" He asked in a kind concern for her.

Aoi looked up, almost calmly. "Your attempts at looking menacing aren't very realistic. I didn't do anything. We were talking about an old classmate of ours. I hadn't known that the two of them had been a couple after graduation. He'd hurt her very badly, it seems, thus she went to the bathroom so she wasn't seen crying in the middle of a very crowded establishment. I would suggest two things, alright?" He stood, carefully eyeing the stranger with great disdain and polite contempt. "One. I would worry more about making your fiancé feel better. If she's crying, go to her. She needs you to make her feel better, to show her you're not like the guy that broke her heart and made her cry in the first place. Two. If I wanted to hurt my high school best friend, I wouldn't have done it here and now. I would have done something worse, like not shown up at all. Now, will you be off to see your fiancé or will you continue to act like a ravenous pack animal? I'd choose the former if I was you, sir."

Aoi wasn't cold, no, perhaps he was just too monotone and matter-of-fact. He was too caught off guard by the obvious aggression the man was showing. Why was it to be assumed Aoi had done anything wrong? Why wouldn't the man tend to his fiancé before trying to intimidate some bystander? Obviously Aoi would have run into the bathroom to check on her, but he knew that would just cause the man to become more upset. Thus, he sat down and took a sip of his drink, glancing to the bathroom door in hopes Maria would emerge soon without the tears glistening from her eyes. He couldn't stand the idea that he'd made her upset by simply mentioning a person from their past. He had meant to reflect on happier times. Instead, he'd brought on memories of pain.

Perhaps he shouldn't have come after all. He was just going to cause hurt.

Writer's World

"Honestly, no....but I can't stay in this hospital. I-I....It just doesn't feel safe. Whatever is wrong....I don't think they could fix anyways." She looked up at him with her clearer vision, hoping perhaps he understood. Whatever was going wrong, he had to feel it too. They might not understand what it was, necessarily, but they could both feel it. Something was off. And more was coming their way. "Will you help me leave?"

"If only things were that simple..." Kana turned his head to Darien who was there apparently by himself in the table by the window (yes, the corner seat by the window...) looking on his phone; clearly waiting for someone who hadn't shown up. "Why don't we make things interesting? I can comfort her and you can help her, like the good friend you are; by seeing if you can get this jerk and Maria to reconcile as friends. Or leave like the little chicken you are... Or you can comfort her and see what happens when someone hurts my fiance?" This was a direct set of challenges, although Maria was still crying in the bathroom she saw a reflection in the mirror of a girl who reminded her of herself when she was younger. "Akira!" A voice rang in her ears, as she grabbed her aching diaphragm and held it tightly; nearly hitting the floor as she continued sobbing louder to the point some people in the outer areas could hear her.

Writer's World

It suddenly hit Leo, "Akira! We have to bring them here... The creator and his friends." Leo exclaimed urgently. "That's why you're not okay.. And I can't stand this, you may be annoying but you're also a very talented person..." He was being himself, at all times (lol)! "There's only one to bring them here and it involves meddling with time..." Leo thought holding Akira's hand tightly.

Aoi frowned slightly, arching an eyebrow at his skewed way of thinking. "How about this, buddy?" He asked, his voice lined with the right amount of venom to make it sound threatening. "Why don't you stop making deals with me and go along to comfort your fiancé? Whether or not I talk to that guy over there will be a surprise for when you come out with a happy Maria. If you can't make her stop crying and make her happy, maybe you're not the man right for her. So, you going to be a man and deal with her sorrow? Or will you make me show you how it's done?" It wasn't a challenge, nor were they threats. They were promises. He wasn't going to put up with this man's games. He wanted Maria to be happy. He didn't want to make deals. Finally, he pointed to the bathroom. "Go talk to your fiancé. She needs you. Don't be concerned with anything else. I'll talk to Darien and see if things can be worked out. Just remember that he isn't your priority. She is." With that, Aoi approached the table. All the while, he couldn't believe his best friend was marrying him.

Writer's World

"You only call me annoying because you can't take a joke." Akira responded playfully, attempting to laugh only for her chest to hurt. Her breathing became heavier, especially as she tried to use her free hand to raise herself out of bed. She then proceeded to lean against Leo for support. "We have to get the boss in here? How can we possibly mess with the fabrics of time? We're just creations! We don't have the ability to alter our own story. Only the boss does." Finally, she relented and gave into the idea that it's possible. "Regardless of our unrealistic this is, we have to try. You're going to start getting unwell too. If we're both weak neither of us can do anything useful."

Kana glared at Aoi as he went to Darien's table and then headed to check on Maria whom he found in the bathroom on her hands and knees... "Maria?" He asked gently lifting her up, "Kana-Chan?" She asked wiping her nose, "I'm sorry..." She sobbed awkwardly, "It's going to be okay... I won't let him hurt you again." Kana whispered holding her tightly in his arms... "What do you mean?" Maria asked realizing he had found out about Darien... As she noticed the floor under her feet beginning to rumble softly, only to get more violent in its rumbling!

Writer's World

Leo was on the floor using the power Aoi had given him to cross boundaries; althougH he was feeling sicker and sicker by the moment it seemed to be working... "Just trust me, Akira-Chan!" He snapped, "And maybe you can call up your guardian angels to protect his girlfriend..." Leo suggested in annoyance.

When the ground started shaking, Aoi had just arrived at the table and gotten Darien's attention. Darien was up and out the door as soon as the rumbling became noticeable. Aoi wanted to brush the occurrence off as an earthquake, but as it grew rougher and more violent he knew that the cause was surely something fictional. He rushed off towards the bathroom, popping open the door and seeing the two of them. "C'mon!" He called, hurriedly. "If we don't leave soon, we-ll-" He was cut off as the ground beneath him crumbled, along with the ground beneath Maria and Kana. They fell into what appeared to be a black abyss. The blackness seemed to stretch on for eternity. Though, suddenly, a flicker of light materialized out of nowhere. They were soon going to land. Maria and Kana would be oblivious to this world, but he knew it like the back of his hand. Leo was likely using his powers for some unknown reason to call him inside the book. He knew what awaited them, though he didn't look forward to it.

Writer's World

"Don't become a smart aleck. We've been enemies since day one and now you want me to trust you. It's a little difficult." Akira managed to crawl out of bed and close her eyes, bringing all of her strength forward and focusing on what she needed accomplished. When she landed, she would bring forth one of her illusions. They would be less likely to have a meltdown if she adjusted their senses to this new land. "They'll be here soon."

(Ooh! Oooh! Oooh! I got a random idea, reading that... I'll message you it in a second...)

Maria was being held by Kana as they were landing from the abyss into an entirely new world, "I'll protect you... I promise, I'll protect you!" He explained as he held her tightly as she noticed her tears were floating in the air and the ground came closer it looked like the entrance to a school... "A high school?" It looked strikingly similar to Maria and Aoi's old high school, even the pavement itself was eerily similar. Are we time-travelling? She thought amazed and confused...

Writer's World

Leo looked outside the window and noticed that there were three people including the Boss heading straight for the pavement as he used his hands to create a cushion for them to land on. "I think we're getting somewhere, bro..." Now Leo was warming up a bit though not in the most respectful mannerism... "You think the Boss's girl is anything like the first incarnations of you he had created? Where she was kissing all the wrong guys and making them fight for her? Or do you think she's stronger than that?" He asked helping Akira after she created the illusion to stand up; guiding her to her bed.

Aoi landed on the cushion with a rather calm atmosphere to him. He gazed around the world he'd crafted with his hands and mind, reflecting when it had once just been a memory in the back of his mind. Now, it was real. Because of him, he'd made it into something palpable. He turned his gaze to Maria and Kana, knowing she would find the place to be radiating familiarity. "I know where we are, as I suspect Maria-chan does as well." He said, gazing around. "We need to go. We must find two people. They can help us get back home, because....believe me....we are far, far away from home." He insisted, waiting for the two of them to get ready to move along before rushing off. He was sure they had questions, but he wasn't going to bring it up if they didn't.

Writer's World

Akira sat on the edge of the bed when she arrived, her head throbbing from having to fabricate an illusion when she was already so weak. "I believe she is a mixture of both. She is susceptible to manipulation, but she has the strength to overcome it as well. It all rests on her reasoning. We have no idea where the story will go with her. She is unpredictable. Her unpredictability is dangerous." She frowned slightly, glancing to the window. "We can't stay here long. They'll be searching for us soon. We can't let them find us until we have an idea of what we're going to do with them. The Boss will want us to take them back home as soon as possible."

"Aoi-Chan, is this our old high school?" Maria asked as Kana helped her up off of the cushion and Kana took a look at the school... "This is a nice school, I must admit." He stated thinking aloud, "Well yea, it was one of the nicest schools in Japan but what does that have to do with anything?" She asked a bit confused... "I don't know, I just thought it was a nice school... Pretty impressive coming from such a little punk." Kana smirked cockily. "Are you referring to Aoi or me?" Maria snapped, "Aoi! I love you, Maria..." He explained as Maria folded her arms in annoyance... "Let's go, maybe your characters will have something to eat?" She rolled her eyes moving ahead of them in frustration.

Writer's World

All the while Leo had scooped Akira up bridal-style in his arms and was heading down the fire-exit to the underground world of the school... "Just remember, I have a hideout here; so you'll be safe as long as you're quiet." Leo explained cockily, knowing what Maria thought at least outwardly of this plan he had come up with...

Aoi walked behind Kana and Maria with his hands in his pockets, looking around curiously. "Yes, this is our old high school. At least, my adaptation of it. Bring back memories?" He glanced around curiously before pointing down the corridor. "Four doors down on the right is a cafeteria. It's about lunchtime in this world so it should be open. We can grab something to eat there."

Writer's World

Upon being scooped up into Leo's arms Akira sarcastically and quietly said, "Oh, Leo! My hero! How valiant of you to carry a princess away." She then looked around. "Once we get down the fire escape, I should be able to walk the rest of the way to your hideout. You need to conserve your strength too." She said, before going silent. The day had taken a toll on her for sure....and it wasn't even remotely over with. Aoi would be seeking them out soon, she could feel it. He'd want to go home. He'd want to know why they'd brought him and his friends here. What would they say? What could they say? She could feel her head throbbing more and more at all of her jumbled thoughts.

"Okay..." Maria nodded as Kana followed after her and they headed to the cafeteria, even though Maria was slim she loved eating it was a humorously ironic fact! "What do they serve?" She asked ignoring Kana's gazes...

Writer's World

"I might be your hero, if you listen to me and stay safe. I'm taking you to my hideout, like this. So relax and when we get there, you're taking a nap. You're clearly exhausted; so you'll rest and I'll contact you in a few hours when I get back." Leo explained showing off a more tender side, slowly but surely. It seemed he was softening up, because of the extreme situation or something more...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back