• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Sunless Citadel [Player Chat]

TurtlexXxNation

Lady Turtle

This is where we, as players, can chit-chat and discuss the story!

I am open to suggestions, ideas, and anything you think will add to the story and make it more enjoyable as we go along!

Last edited:
So, I'm a little confused as to how our characters might fit into this story. Are we in the Citadel or on the Old Road? Are we searching for the adventurers? Are we trying to kill the tree and/or the druid?

The description of the fruits' evil/good is a bit vague as well, as are the monsters. How did the fruit get outside the Citadel? If the tree is evil, why does it continue to produce the summer solstice apple? What is this "past magically invoked devastation," and who were the ancient inhabitants -- were they around at the time of the first four adventurers?

I know you don't want to spoil everything about the story, but I didn't quite realize I had so many questions until I was trying to figure out who I wanted my character to be, and how they have a role. The info I have right now is just a little too vague, and while it's a fun idea, the lore seems underdeveloped and that just makes the roleplay less immersive. Seeing how you copied the same info from the interest check into the main RP, it gives the appearance that you haven't fleshed out any more details.

There's good world-building elements here, but it's not cohesive. I don't have a sense of either the protagonists' or antagonists' purpose. I would be glad to help you sort out the lore while keeping some elements a surprise.

I can completely understand your concerns! I'm actually using a pre-written adventure book meant for table top gaming. So even though it doesn't feel fleshed out, I promise everything has a reason.

I will do my best to answer questions though!

I cant really go into detail about the tree, but as for how the apples are distributed, thats thanks to goblins who work for the Druid that cares for the tree. The best explanation I have for the 2 apples is that there is never light without darkness, nor darkness without light.

The adventuring party will actually begin in a town by the name of Oakhurst.

Character reasons for being there can be any number of reasons, the easiest being curious about the history of the Citadel, or the rumors of the apples that have been spread by the townsfolk and travelers, etc.

I'll try to answer more when I can get into the book again for more information.

Shoot your questions and I'll give answers to the best of my ability. :)

Okay, that makes a lot more sense! I wasn't sure how linear or freeform this RP would be, but deep down I figured there would be more to it. c:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back