Story The Sun And Moon's Child

Forevermore

Still wishing on dandelions.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Once upon a time, before you and I were even dreamed of, and our parents, and their parents, and their parents, and their parents, and their parents, the sun and moon used to rule over the Earth together.
The sun was bright, energetic, and brought daytime and laughter to the world.
The moon was mellow, serene, and brought nighttime and peace to the world.
All of a sudden, the sun and moon had a beautiful daughter, who they named Dawn.
The sun and moon were both beautiful, believe me, but the dawn was more beautiful than the two of them. Golden, pink, orange, and blue, the dawn was the most beautiful child ever.
One day, the sun brought their daughter to work. "See here, Dawn," said the sun. "One day you will be like me, and you will bring sunshine and joy to the land."
And when it became dark, the moon brought their daughter to work. "See here, Dawn." said the moon. "One day you will be like me, and bring moonlight and calm to the land."
The sun and moon soon learned about the other trying to teach the dawn about their jobs, and argued relentlessly. Sometimes even lovers quarrel.
The tried to make dawn pick a side. Will she bring sunshine or moonlight to the land?
She couldn't choose.
It would be like picking a parent she loved more, and she couldn't do that.
So she didn't.
The dawn spoke. "No, sun. No, moon. I will not be like either of you. I will be different. I can not stand to see you on opposite sides of the sky like this, drifting away from each other, not peeking out while the other is still in the sky. No, you will see. I will not be like you."
The dawn kept her word. Now, although she was angry at the sun and moon, she still loved them very much. So she decided to bridge the gap between them while still being her own time of day.
This is why the sun and moon appear together in the early hours of the day.
They come out to see their beloved daughter, Dawn, in all her color and splendor.

And they still do to this day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back