• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Summer After

As the fifth - or was it the tenth - song approached, Lily's phone buzzed in her pocket. She took it out to see Flynn calling her, she rushed away from the dance floor to pick up the call.

"Hello?"

"Hey babe."

"Where are you?"

"Turn around."

She turned around to see him standing in front of his signature white limo. Lily quickly ran to him and engulfed him in a hug, he picked her up and spun her around. She missed him so much, they hadn't been able to see each other in months with both of their scheduled jammed packed. She bite her lip as she saw her friends still dancing on the floor, she didn't know if she should say bye so she just sent Annie a text, she didn't want to interrupt the fun.

Evan felt like he had won a lottery ticket,the beating of his heart only increasing. Riley was everything he could ever had asked for. Any person from his past seemed weirdly distant now whenever he looked at her.

"Don't worry,he will do his best to make up for lost time." He stopped for a moment once he actually thought about parenthood. "I just...hope that I will be able to be a better father than my father was. Not that it's too hard to be better than him."

Mentioning his father suddenly made him need to smoke as well,and he nodded to Riley as he pulled a box from his pocket.

"These will kill me one day." He admitted with a smirk,lighting the cigarette up.

Zen didn't seem to be at all shocked by Annie's admittance. She was the leader of a LGBT+ group,so of course she had seen many asexual people before. She turned to Annie with a wink.

"Sex is overrated honey! If I had the chance to get a girl like you I'd be celibate for the rest of my life." She didn't even notice Lilly leaving as she jumped in Annie's arms. "Thanks for telling me,baby. I know this must be hard."

Annie smiled, hugging Zen once more. "Honestly, you make it easy. I can't say you're quite my type, but you know I'd give anything for you, my love. I haven't said it to many people, least of all my mom. It's not like I feel like they'll be angry with me at all. I'm lucky to not have to deal with that. It's just that every person I have tried to tell has given me almost the same reaction and it's just that I'm wrong about who I am and that I just don't understand...or I'll get it when I'm older," Annie shuddered at the last statement.

"It just pisses me off, you know? I don't know why I'm ranting to you. You of all people, everyone here actually, you'd all understand it probably more than I would. It's just something I understand a lot more now than I ever did in high school. I always loved and accepted all my friends, but I didn't really understand the world you guys lived in until now. I still wouldn't say I fully understand it, but I get it...more...? God I'm not making any sense. Lily could you-

Annie stopped, looking around her and not seeing Lily anywhere. She checked her phone to see a text message.

I left with Flynn. I'll call tomorrow! Have fun!

"Of course she left with that fucker," Annie muttered under her breath.

@KaalysBR

Zen turned the music off so she could fully listen to Annie's words,nodding from time to time to indicate that she was understanding her fears. But when Annie stopped to look at her phone,Zen finally noticed the limo.

"Oh wow. That's something." She rose one eyebrow at Annie's angry reaction. That was uncharacteristic for her. "Okay,so first of all. I'm really glad that you finally discovered yourself,love. You look much more confident now,and I'm loving it. BUT we don't get all of our answers out of nowhere. No one fully knows who they are and it will take you some time to adapt. No rushing. Screw the people trying to say you're wrong. Secondly...who is that guy and why do you hate him?"

Andrea inspected her reflection in the mirror. She finished fixing her makeup in the mirror. This was the first time she had worn any since the night of the party. She had found it hard to get out of bed ever since. She was in a simple, gray dress and tall white converse. Taking one more look at the letter, she tried to see if she recognized the writing. Still a no go. Besides, why would anyone want her to go to this thing? Of course, she wouldn't go. Or couldn't. However, if it was one of her old friends, maybe she could start living her life again?

Bea said:

View attachment 301840

Tate Carter Matthews

He rolled his eyes at the fact Ben laughed and just rested his chin on Ben's shoulder with a pouty face "No one ever takes me seriously~" he complained as his blue eyes glanced at Ben's face and noticed his blush, then with a cute smirk he kissed the boys cheek before getting up and leaning over Finnick's drawing "Meh, you're not really my type though" he added in reference to Ben and smirked as his eyes wandered from Finnick, to Ben, back to Finnick trying to hint something to him

@mephistopheles
(*Coughs quietly because we were left out*)

@Red Reaper I was given the okay to begin

Andrea approached the front door, taking a deep breath. Okay, time to go. She twisted the door knob and left the apartment, locking it behind her. She would need to start looking for jobs anyways, she thought as she approached her car. It was really late and her anxiety was a mess. She sat in the car. Maybe now isn't the best time... She turned the key in the ignition anyways and drove into town. What was she even doing out? She stopped at the gas station and went in, nodding curtly at the person working. She went straight to the alcohol section. She needed a shot or two, just to be comfortable enough to be out in public. She grabbed a fifth of whiskey and went to the counter, pulling out her fake ID. After getting what she needed, she got back into her car and drove to the park. She put the whiskey in her purse and got out, going straight to the tallest part of the play set, sitting in the corner. No kids came out here and it was the only place she felt comfortable being out at.

Riley smiled at his comment about making up for lost time. When he took the cigarette, she put the box back in her bag and lit the cigarette, taking a drag before blowing it out to the side.

She looked at him with a serious expression. "Evan you are the nicest, sweetest guy I know" she assured him "you will be absolutely nothing like your dad" She kissed him on the cheek and smiled at him​

@KaalysBR

Both the kiss and the comment made Evan blush,but also increased the size of his smile. He gently rubbed Riley's arm,wondering how to answer to that comment.

"And you would be an amazing mother. I feel like your children would learn about freedom and personal choices from a young age. That would be really nice." He smiled down at her before looking at his fingers. "Do you want to meet my sister after we're leaving here? She is the most important part of my life...And I really would like for her to meet you."

Annie looked at Zen with a sigh. Of course she had asked. Of course she had hit the nail right on the head.

"Why do I hate Flynn? He's a rich, entitled snob who has been stringing my best friend along all year. She calls him whenever she's feeling low and he comes to the rescue like some goddamn Prince Charming. And everything is great for a few weeks and then he undoubtedly cheats on her. And then I'm left picking up the pieces. But she keeps going back, every time, no matter how much she knows he's not going to stay loyal. I mean he drives around in a goddamn limo while the rest of us are living off dollar store cup of noodles," Annie groaned, running her hands through her hair in frustration. Her phone dinged and she looked down. A text from Lily.

What?

She replied shortly.

@KaalysBR @Elizabeth Schuyler

Lily was pacing around her room with her cell phone in her hand while the tears streamed down her cheek. Of course she had to find that lacy ass Victoria's secret bra in the back of his limo on the way here. He slept with a girl before he even made it to the campfire. She knew she should leave him, but she was scared to. It was true, he lifted her up and then cheated on her constantly, but she loved him.

Just five minutes before, though, he cut the final sting. No one calls me a whore, she thought. It wasn't even her that had been sleeping around it had been him. Luckily for her he broke up with her, but she didn't doubt that he'd come back. He always came back. She was still fighting the tears when she felt her phone vibrate in her hand.

@Reena

Annie ;)
me
Do you have a minute?
them
What?
me
Could I stay over at your house tonight?

Last edited by a moderator:

Riley smiled "I'll be the 'cool' mom" she said with a laugh. She continued taking drags of her cigarette as she looked around at all her friend, she noticed Lily was gone and frowned . She hadn't got to talk to her. She hoped the girl felt welcome.

When Evan spoke up, she turned to face him. "Yes I'd love to" She said eith a smile. She knew how important Evans sister was and although he used.to mention her the odd time. He seemed to keep her almost hidden from the group.​

@KaalysBR

Five Minute Walk Away From Bonfire--> Park Playset @Red Reaper

Andrea took out the fifth of whiskey and leaned back against the play set. She untwisted the top slowly, letting the smell waft over to her. The first sip always burned her throat. Though, after a few shots, her mouth would be numb enough to drink it like water. She tried not to let it get to that point, it often meant she woke up at the park covered in vomit. Besides, she thought with her head buzzing, I want to find out who invited me to this bonfire thing. Maybe it's the old cheer squad or football player ex boyfriend? She snorted harshly. "Football players are just wild animals that are released into a field to display how big their dicks are." She took another shot, her head swimming. That would be good enough. She had just enough confidence to get up and go.

"Up we go." She grabbed on to a bar and pulled herself up, climbing down the play set. She looked at her car, locking it one more time to make sure, and then set off towards the lake. She already heard the music and the craziness. These had to be her old friends, right? She suddenly got really nervous, almost tempted to pull out her fifth again.

Could I stay over at your house tonight?

Annie stared at the message for quite a few moments before slowly typing out a response.

Of course

She had been tempted to be snarky with her friend, but of course she couldn't...Lily was her best friend and she was in an unfamiliar place. If Annie turned her back on her now, Lily would have nowhere to turn. She wasn't sure what could have possibly happened between her and Flynn so quickly to cause Lily to change her mind about the housing arrangement, but she imagined it had to do with Flynn and infidelity.

"Hey Zen, I hate to ditch my own bonfire, but I gotta head home to take care of Lily. Something's up. I'm only working part time this summer, so we should still have plenty of time to hang out. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

@Elizabeth Schuyler @KaalysBR

She was sitting in the back seat of the car driving towards her friends house when she saw him again. He was heading out of a club with a girl in his arms. The tears started flowing again, causing the driver to send her some weird looks. All of the sudden, every girl he'd ever been with when with her popped into her head. Her face hardened and her sadness turned into anger.

When the driver dropped her off she tossed him a twenty and got out, stomping up to the steps. She knocked on the door until her friend finally came to answer. "Lets kill this bitch." @Reena

Trace got up from his spot at the bonfire, quietly walking away from the bonfire to be alone for a little bit. He decided that sitting in front of the lake, away from the lake house and bonfire, was a good place to be alone. Trace threw pebbles out into the lake as he thought about life. 'I wonder where Andrea is,' he thought to himself. 'I'm pretty sure she got the letter, maybe she was just busy.' Trace got up and skipped a rock. 'Well, I guess I should head home now.' Trace turns toward the road and is surprised, for he sees Andrea walking towards him. He smiles and waves to her. Happy to that she made. Even if she was extremely late. @IsolatedBeat

Andrea was in the process of pulling the whiskey out of her purse when she noticed someone walking towards her. She went to duck behind the bushes when she realized he was waving. She looked around and saw no one else. "Uh hi," she said with a wave while tucking the drink back in her purse. She chewed on the inside of her lip in nervousness. She didn't recognize him, so who was this group at the party?

@Red Reaper

Time Jump! We are moving forward to the next day. A small group are hanging out at Annie's place, trying to plan a road trip to a campground so that they can go on a trip together.

Annie finished tidying up the the basement, which had been converted into a second living room years ago in order to entertain friends. Lily was upstairs showering and some of her friends were coming over the hangout and start planning their group road trip. She looked around at the room, deciding that it was always a good idea to lay out snacks, before running up the stairs and to the kitchen.

Lily sat under the steaming water with tears running down her cheeks. She couldn't really tell if she was crying though, the tears and droplets all mixed together. Her head pounded and her stomach was tied up in knots, she shouldn't feel this bad about losing him cause he was bad for her, yet she longs for his touch. After standing in the shower until her fingers and toes were prune, she got out and dried herself off. She settled on wearing a flowey black dress, she couldn't even get in the mood to design herself a nice outfit. Lily could tell Annie was prepping for a party so she grabbed some blankets and headed back to her makeshift bedroom.

Lily felt bad for sulking, she felt like a burden to her friend. As she bundled up in a cocoon she wondered what Annie's friends thought of her now, they probably thought she was an over dramatic theatre major. Suddenly, everything in the world became way less interesting than the celing above her head and the walls to her sides.

Annie waited patiently once she heard the shower stop, but Lily didn't come downstairs. Annie huffed as she exited the kitchen and made her way to the guest bedroom that Lily was inhabiting. She walked in, ignoring her friend's muffled attempts to reject her entrance to the room. She had lived with Lily for a year and had been through several Flynn break ups during that time and she was quite finished putting up with Lily's moping.

"Lilian Valentine, enough is fucking enough," Annie said, ripping the blankets almost violently off her friend. "You are clean, you are fine and you will socialize. It's not a goddamn party, it's just some people hanging out and I'm tired of watching you mope over an asshole that isn't worth a second of your time. I don't want to hear your pity speech, I don't want to hear your excuses or your whining that you're a burden and my friends won't want to hang out with you. Tough SHIT for all of you. Get your ass out of bed and come down to the basement. I will quite literally drag you myself if you don't knock it off, you big fat baby," Annie commanded harshly. She said it all out of love, of course, but it was time for tough love.

@Elizabeth Schuyler

Lily smiled at her friend and stretched her arms out above her head. This is why she was grateful for Annie, she would say the one thing that snapped her out of her mood. She stood up and squeezed her friend into a tight hug. "I love you girlie." She sighed.

When Lily made her way to the basement she thought about all of Annie's friends, frowning. She turned towards her friend who was following behind her and started talking. "I have a complaint!" She started. "There are no guys that would like me!" She whined tugging on her friends arm. "I need a cuddle buddy, someone to hug, and kiss, and-" She wiggled her eyebrows.

She sighed, running her hands through her hair. "Look, I know he was bad for me but thats the thing. He was the only guy that would give me time of day. The guy that would be there at your boring family dinner and watch netflix with you at two am. I just want that, I need it." Lily knew she was being too dramatic so she just shrugged and headed over to the popcorn, stuffing her face as much as she could, eating all her emotions out. @Reena

Annie chuckled as Lily immediately bounced back. It was never that difficult to get her to bounce back. Most of the time all she needed was for someone to say they cared about her. She led Lily down into the basement while they awaited the rest of her friends, but Lily paused and went off on her stream of complaints.

"Lily stop," Annie said softly. "You need to stop obsessing over this. It's not healthy. You don't NEED a guy. What you're looking for? What you're describing? That's companionship, friendship, and you have it with me. You can have friendship and companionship from so many people without needing to be in a relationship with them. If you take any guy that will give you the time of day, you're going to get hurt again and again. Just stop chasing it. Love is like a butterfly. If you chase it, it will fly away. But if you're patient and you wait, it'll find you. Date, if you want to date, but don't commit to any asshole who says you're pretty. You're worth so much more than that, Lily, and I'm tired of watching you degrade yourself for Flynn. He's gone and he's done and there are better guys out there. At the end of the summer we're going back to New York City. It's filled with literally millions of people, some of the best people in the whole world! You're so young, stop trying to jump into a relationship and chill, alright?"

@Elizabeth Schuyler

Users who are viewing this thread

Back