• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Speed Force Unleashed

DankWaffles

Go Home, Go Bed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the-flash.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Central City. Home of the fastest man alive, the Flash. Although, while it does have it's protector, Central City also houses criminals. Criminals that challenge the Flash. One of these being his rival, the Reverse Flash. About a month ago, the two had a battle, and this one was the deadliest of them all. The two tore apart the city, buildings and streets were torn to shreds as the speedsters zipped around, fighting.

The fight would continue for an hour or so, until the two would clash at immense speeds. This would lead to a temporal rift being opened up and spurting out multiple bolts of lightning, but this wasn't regular lightning. The temporal rift that had opened was a portal between the physical world and the Speedforce, and the lightning bolts that spurted out of the rift was a direct connection to the Speedforce.

The number of bolts that had shot out of the rift were unaccountable, but where they struck were very distinctive. All of the bolts that escaped had struck people, granting them access to the Speedforce. Now, a month later, the boys and girls who were struck had surfaced to the eyes of either the Flash, or the Reverse Flash, and are now faced with the decision to join one of the two sides.

That decision is left up to you.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

OVERVIEW:

Central City has always stood as the birth place for famous speedster, the Flash. The city itself is filled with different "meta-humans" and your standard criminals. Depending on which side you join, you're character will encounter a variety of mentors like the Flash, Kid Flash, Impulse, and more. If you join the "bad" side, then you'll be confronted with mentors such as the Reverse Flash, Professor Zoom, Inertia, the Rival, etc.

This story will take place on Earth 4471, instead of Earth Prime.

• The time in which this RP takes place is a month after the opening from the Speedforce to the physical world. The specific date is March 14th, 2017.

• Every Canon character has the same background as in the comics, except Inertia has followed Impulse (Bart Allen) into the past and is stuck here

• Canon characters will be NPCs

RULES:

1. All RPN rules apply

2. OC's are the MAIN focus of this RP

3. Your character will become faster, either artificially or naturally

4. Your character cannot exceed the speed limit of Mach 3.3, and cannot exceed the strength limit of 270 pounds; basically no god-moding

5. Cursing is allowed, but don't cuss like a sailor

6. Romance is allowed, but when it gets to that time, fade to black

7. You cannot control other player's characters

8. You can have up to two characters

9. If two players get into an argument, I'll handle it. Please, do not argue in the OOC, IC, nor the CS

10. Villain characters should be inspired to spread chaos and disruption in peace

11. Physics plays a HUGE part in this RP, so make sure you have your facts right. That means that if you use your speed in your regular clothes, then their more then likely to burn up, due to friction and airborne particulate matter

Links

OOC

Flash-Barry-Allen-DC-New-52.jpg (THE FLASH A.K.A. BARRY ALLEN)

a02f9b6570929d9eeff85b4e845d21e0.jpg
(KID FLASH A.K.A. WALLY WEST)

young_justice__impulse_by_philbourassa-d5wpj96.jpg
(IMPULSE A.K.A. BART ALLEN)

Flash-Jay-Garrick-Suit.jpg

(Jay Garrick)

jesse2.jpg

(Jesse Quick a.k.a. Jesse Chambers)

professor_zoom_by_exialohengrin-d8q9aid.jpg (PROFESSOR ZOOM A.K.A. HUNTER ZOLOMON)

Reverse_Flash_052.jpg
(REVERSE FLASH A.K.A. EOBARD THAWNE)

Inertia_0001.jpg
(INERTIA A.K.A. THADDEUS THAWNE)

latest
(The Rival a.k.a. Dr. Edward Clariss)

Last edited:
upload_2017-3-14_14-24-19.png
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's only been a month since the sky had torn open and the Speed Force had breached the physical world. The sun had disappeared and all that remained was the pitch black sky and the little twinkles from the stars. The street lights turned on and soon, they filled the streets with their brightness, along with the endless amounts of vehicles and people walking on the side walk. Everything was at peace and people were not as scared to go outside anymore, but that would change once again. The sky had torn open once more, however, there weren't any lightning bolts coming out. Plus, the breach that had opened was a blue color. The citizens below watched in terror as the breach continued to spin and grow slightly. Soon, two people emerged from the breach, but they weren't regular people. The people that had emerged were speedsters, and the two of them seemed to be different then the Flash and his counter-part, the Reverse Flash. For one thing, the two speedsters had different lightning colors that followed them. The first to emerge from the breach had a light blue color, and began running down the building to the right. The other speedster had a Navajo white color, and ran down the structure to the left. Both speedsters ran down the separate buildings with force as the glass windows exploded behind them.

Theo had just followed his older brother through the wormhole and ended up in some distant time period. The two speedsters had previously been in a fight, until Ben finally bested Theo and commenced his plan to travel back in time. Luckily, Theo had regained his strength and chased his brother into the wormhole. With the two arriving in some unknown time period, Theo had jumped out of the breach and to his right, opposite of his brother. Theo finally got to the street and confronted his brother, but Ben gave no time to talk, and the two blasted off. Ben and Theo were running at a similar speed, until Ben propelled forward and out of Theo's reach. Theo came to a stop when he tripped over his feet and rolled over, still on the street. He was exhausted, and he lost his brother in this unknown time period. However, Theo did know of Ben's plan, and he had an estimate of what time period he was in. Theo laid in the street, panting, and staring at the sky with disappointment in himself.

Last edited:
Maxxwell Chambers Intro:
To the normal world he was Maxxwell Chambers, a personal trainer but to the people who knew, he was also the white speedster known as Blaze. He is the Grandson of the Speedster Jesse Quick and he carries on her legacy. One month ago a breach opened in the sky and people were struck by lightning, but maxxwell soon found out that this was not ordinary lightning. This was different, it was power directly from something called the Speed Force; The plane from which speedsters get their power. Upon discovering his powers, Maxxwell took up the Mantle of Blaze and vowed to follow in his grandmothers footsteps, protecting the city from threats and danger wherever he could.

Maxxwell dashed through the city when he saw a worm whole open up. Since maxxwell had gained powers he was now a speedster, a person who could run at inhuman speeds. When Maxx arrived at the scene he saw a person laying in the street,thankfully he was in his Speedster suit so he walked up to the man laying on the ground "um sir are you alright, and are you the one who opened the breech" Maxx asked the man, using his powers to alter his voice......

DankWaffles DankWaffles

Last edited:
Maxxwell Chambers Intro:
To the normal world he was Maxxwell Chambers, a personal trainer but to the people who knew, he was also the white speedster known as Blaze. He is the Grandson of the Speedster Jesse Quick and he carries on her legacy. One month ago a breach opened in the sky and people were struck by lightning, but maxxwell soon found out that this was not ordinary lightning. This was different, it was power directly from something called the Speed Force; The plane from which speedsters get their power. Upon discovering his powers, Maxxwell took up the Mantle of Blaze and vowed to follow in his grandmothers footsteps, protecting the city from threats and danger wherever he could.

Maxxwell dashed through the city when he saw a worm whole open up. Since maxxwell had gained powers he was now a speedster, a person who could run at inhuman speeds. When Maxx arrived at the scene he saw a person laying in the street,thankfully he was in his Speedster suit so he walked up to the man laying on the ground "um sir are you alright, and are you the one who opened the breech" Maxx asked the man, using his powers to alter his voice......

DankWaffles DankWaffles

Abbigail west daughter of the legendary wally west. Abbigail was the exact oposite of her deceased father. Mainly because mostly both of her parents were speedsters. Abbigail was a white speedster known well as the speedster. She wanted to make her deceased father proud,so during the night she fought crime and during the day she was a normal woman working a front desk job. Which required alot speed and patience.

Abbigail was on her speed patrol in her suit she sped up the roof and crouched down. She saw the other speedster talking to a man and she remained silent listening closely. She hoped the man was okay. To be honest was watching what the speedster was going to do. Hurt or help. She narrowed her eyes as she watches in the shadows of night.

kid_flash_by_onlyfuge-d6pstav_LI.jpg
-----------------------------------------------------------
Earlier, Theo had chased his brother through time and, what Theo believes, into the past. More specifically, the time in which Barry Allen was the Flash. Now, a stranger, a speedster actually, was looking down on Theo...how humiliating. The descendant of the heroic Flash, was now lying on the floor, beaten. But Theo assured himself that this speedster didn't know who he was, obviously. Theo arose to his feet, regaining his balance and stamina, and stared at the newly encountered person. If he was going to hurt Theo, he would've done it already, so he must've been a "good guy".
Finally, Theo spoke up and said, "I'm fine. Just-", Theo stopped talking when he sensed something from above. He shook it off and continued to speak, "Just a little bruised. And no, I didn't open it. A dangerous man did. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go find him.", and with that, Theo dashed out of there and to the nearest safe place he could think of...S.T.A.R. Labs. S.T.A.R. Labs was a research facility that worked closely with Barry, and Theo decided that it would be the best place for him to go.
FrostXShadow FrostXShadow MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023 The Comet The Comet

•Malcolm Thawne•
tumblr_obzkjpoVs91ujpqnso1_500.gif

•••

Now wasn't the time to mess up, this new invention had to be created. As the youngest scientist in S.T.A.R. Labs, Mal had to do something to make himself famous or at least acknowledged in the eyes of Barry, Cisco and Caitlyn. Making a plasma fuelled generator might just have been the way if a flash of white lightning hadn't formed behind him. The forced air sent his hand forward, activating the unfinished generator before his reflex kicked in. Orange lightning flickered past his eyes as time slowed down. He took a glance at the man zipping towards him before his muscles twitched, he almost forgot it was only a superhuman reflex, a burst of speed in which all he could do was react. He decided it'd be best to yhrow his body at the stranger, protecting him from the blast as his desk and everything on it was obliterated, the generator itself too.
"Fuck..." He snickered before looking back at his unwelcome guest.

"Hey, need a hand?" He asked, using his hand to haul the speedster off of the floor as he too got up. "Care to explain?" He said, glancing at his totalled desk. Barry was definitely not going to like this.

interacting with:
DankWaffles DankWaffles

|code by spookie|

Last edited:
"Hey wait!" Maxx called out but the guy was already gone "just great, another speedster" he sighed "Just what I needed" he said before dashing down the street following the speedster to what he could tell was S.T.A.R. Labs. the door was closed so he did the most logical thing....knocking. he quickly changed into normal clothes and knocked on the glass door seeing if someone would answer the door.
DankWaffles DankWaffles The Comet The Comet MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023

"Hey wait!" Maxx called out but the guy was already gone "just great, another speedster" he sighed "Just what I needed" he said before dashing down the street following the speedster to what he could tell was S.T.A.R. Labs. the door was closed so he did the most logical thing....knocking. he quickly changed into normal clothes and knocked on the glass door seeing if someone would answer the door.
DankWaffles DankWaffles The Comet The Comet MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023
Abbigail sped around the corner leaving the roof she was on and she swiftly changed her suit in light speed and saw another speedsters and thought how aggrevating to have so many speedsters around in her honest opinion. she looked at him raising an eyebrow. "um hello what brings you to star labs?" she asked a bit suspicious. honestly she was spying on the other speedsters she thought in her head how stereotypical all of them were guys.
FrostXShadow FrostXShadow

Maxwell saw a lightning trail and then the girl appearing in the door way, he didn't even bother to filter himself because he knew the girl was a speedster "so where is the speedster that ran from the breech?" he asked crossing his arms looking at the girl trying to see if he could recognize her as one of the speedsters that now occupied the city pushing the flash out of his job. "i'm pretty sure you saw him too"
MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023

Sorry for the late replies. I am in school so I have limited access to my phone or a computer.....SORRYYYY

Theo needed to get some rest, and he realized that as soon as he entered S.T.A.R. Labs. he sprinted around the whole complex until he entered a room with a scientist tinkering with a machine at his desk. Theo was unaware of the device's lethality, that was until it exploded. If it wasn't for the scientist and his unhuman reflexes, Theo would've risked the danger of him and the man. Wait...the man had FAST reflexes. Terrific.
Theo quickly crafted an excuse for his action, "Sorry. I was looking for someone else, and I guess I wasn't accounting for anybody else to be in here this late.".
The Comet The Comet

•Malcolm Thawne•
tumblr_obzkjpoVs91ujpqnso1_500.gif

•••

Malcolm frowned at his work before taking another glance at the other speedster. "You're a speedster? Dude, we have like ten of those in this city. Unless you're with the Flash or one of those other speedsters... that'd be nice." It was odd to say Barry's name in third person, it just felt out of place. "Your name would be much appreciated as well."

Malcolm had already pointed to the med bay, following the injured speedster out of his lab. "Oh. And who were you looking for again?" He added as he tinkered with the med equipment. He had a basic understanding at what everything did, he was sure he could fix up whoever this man was in no time.

interacting with:
DankWaffles DankWaffles

|code by spookie|

upload_2017-4-1_19-24-6.png
----------------------------------
Medical attention? Surely, he was joking. "Listen, I don't need medical help. I can heal by myself." ,Theo added an eye roll while saying that, "And my name is remaining a secret for now. What I need is information, and you look like you could help me with that.". After all, this man was a scientist, right? Theo spoke one more time, saying, "I'm here for the Flash. Can you help me find him?".
---------------------------------
Interaction(s): The Comet The Comet
((I apologize for the reply in such an untimed manner. I was just too lazy to reply and the site was glitched for a couple of days, for me, so yeah...)​

Last edited:
Ignoring the locked doors and alarms that would possibly be on, he sped into star labs. He ran all the way down to the lab not really expecting anyone besides the Mysterious speedster.
((I'm still here too))

kid_flash_by_onlyfuge-d6pstav_li-jpg.287871

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While the scientist continued to tinker with the medical equipment in the room, Theo thought it would be best to explore the med bay. After all, he was from the future, and most of the tech there was HIGHLY advanced. Although, as Theo searched the area, he took notice to a contraption lying on a gurney. As Theo approached it, he could make out what the device resembled. A tachyon particle enhancer, a prototype too. This was probably when the device was being developed by S.T.A.R. Labs, which also ensured Theo of the time period he was in...2017. Without even asking, Theo snatched the device off the gurney and said, "See 'ya!". With that, Theo blasted out of the med bay and bolted around the complex, searching for the exit. However, Theo ran into another complication, it being a speedster. Theo collided head on with the other speedster, knocking the particle device out of his hands and sent it flying into the wall. Luckily, the device remained intact. Theo quickly jolted upwards and flung his arms up in a "really?!?" gesture. The speedster that Theo had crashed into was the one that found him lying on the street not to long ago. This speedster must have followed Theo to S.T.A.R. Labs.
The Comet The Comet FrostXShadow FrostXShadow

"Why are you trying to run away with something that's not yours?" Maxxwell asked standing up "you still haven't told me who you are and what you are doing in this time period, assuming you are from the future and not from a different Earth" Maxx stated crossing his arms, showing that he wasn't going to let the speedster go anywhere until he got the answers he was looking for.
DankWaffles DankWaffles

upload_2017-4-3_6-21-28.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Theo stared at the speedster with anger, yet awe. He needed to stop his brother from commencing his plan, and the only way for that to happen would have to be through Theo becoming faster. He gave a look behind him, for the device that had flung from his hands, and he spotted it. Ever so slightly, Theo stepped back slowly, and spoke, "Listen, I come from a time far from yours, and if I tell you who I am, then I could disrupt the time stream.". Theo continued to step back, until finally, he backed into the wall. He reached the device's approximate location, and quickly, he plucked the tachyon device from the ground and held it closely to his chest. Not knowing the exact functions of the device, Theo was unaware that the device was attaching to his torso. All of a sudden, a shockwave of white energy circulated around Theo's body and he felt...powerful. Swiftly, Theo jerked his wrist and opened up a holographic menu. On the menu, was statistics on his vitals, a GPS, and other accessories. What shocked Theo the most, was the rise in his tracked Speed Force intake. It nearly doubled! However, Theo did know about what would happen after he took the device off his chest, his speed intake would return to it's normal statistics. For now, he may have had the advantage. "Gotta run!", Theo smirked, blasting off and out of the entrance to S.T.A.R. Labs.

"Crap" Maxx stated running out of the building but the other speedster was already gone. Maxx changed into his speedster clothes and dashed off at full speed, zipping around the city in attempt to find the faster man "save the city Maxx, it'll be fun Maxx, random speedster won't fall out of the sky Maxx" he said mocking his friend who convinced him to become Blaze. Maxx ran all over the city.
DankWaffles DankWaffles

upload_2017-4-3_6-40-43.png
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Theo had got the better of the other speedster, for now. He had ran to CCPD where Barry might've been, hopefully. Upon arrival, almost every officer had pulled their weapons out, all trained on Theo. And then, Barry appeared on the top of the stairs that led to CSI department. Within the second, Barry disappeared and the Flash appeared in front of him. "Who are you?!", the Flash demanded. "I'm in need of your help," Theo pulled Barry in and whispered, "Barry.".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back