• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The spectrum RP (open)(detailed/casual)

(*shows up late with starbucks* what did i miss)

This. This, right here, was true agony. Lan was sure of it.

Lan wasn't sure how exactly he'd managed to wedge himself between what could meagerly be called his 'bed' and the rather uncomfortable stone wall behind him, but that wasn't really the important aspect of the situation at the moment. It took him probably ten minutes to get himself out, despite his rather small size, and when he finally did, he wasn't sure if he would've rather stayed where he had been previously, since he now had a cramp in his left leg that he was sure would leave him limping for at least the next day.

So much for getting a jump start on the day. He thought to himself, pressing the heel of his hand into his left eye and sighing deeply, leaning down and groping for the pack he was sure was next to his bed slinging it over his shoulder and shaking himself. He'd wash in one of the fountains along his route. He'd gotten a message a few weeks back from some menacing agency saying they wanted his help, and (most importantly) they would pay him handsomely for it. Something called the Shadow Guild. Whatever. The pay was good and he assumed by 'help' they meant they needed him to steal something (he was rather good at that) and who was he to turn up a good handful of coins? Surveying the room for anything he could've missed, he walked out onto the balcony of the hotel and hoisted himself up onto the rickety wooden railing, squatting there for a moment until he found a nice soft patch of bushes, and then presently jumped into them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amanda was walking down the hall to class. She walked up to a door and opened it, she closed the door again after she entered the classroom. "Hello?" She went to the back of the room and waited.

The barkeep waved Andrew back, "come on this right here was pre determined, I know you may not think it, but you and me... We can help each other" barkeep almost sang @guul66

A sub teacher of red was teaching Byrnes class "yes yes hello" the teacher said as Amanda walked past,

"Same as yesterday people, each of you grab a candle, light that candle, I want you to use your hue to burn the wax halfway down, to where the wax changes colour, then use your hue to prevent the flame burning further, there is no winning or failing, that candle will burn regardless... Your objective is to maintain a flame that will still burn but not demolish the candle in a instant." @Kazami42

Dart had defeated two recruits and taken a dagger off one of them.

"Hazhm, do you. Wish to try again?" Tobias asked

"NO!" Dart shouted, he had fought Hazhm three times now, he wouldn't have a fourth.

"ARGHHH!!!" Hazhm screamed when dart stepped on his knee

"See! Hazhm is down, and gorne?" Dart turned to face gorne,

Darts face had blood and bruises, his eyes were originally green, but now they are black with hints of red.

"Gorne knows better!!" Dart roared.

Tobias didn't flinch, gorne almost pissedhimself.

Flowiest said:
The barkeep waved Andrew back, "come on this right here was pre determined, I know you may not think it, but you and me... We can help each other" barkeep almost sang @guul66
A sub teacher of red was teaching Byrnes class "yes yes hello" the teacher said as Amanda walked past,

"Same as yesterday people, each of you grab a candle, light that candle, I want you to use your hue to burn the wax halfway down, to where the wax changes colour, then use your hue to prevent the flame burning further, there is no winning or failing, that candle will burn regardless... Your objective is to maintain a flame that will still burn but not demolish the candle in a instant." @Kazami42

"NO!" Dart shouted, he had fought Hazhm three times now, he wouldn't have a fourth.

Darts face had blood and bruises, his eyes were originally green, but now they are black with hints of red.

Amanda sat down and put the candle on the table. She didn't have any of the talent stored in her so she had to improvise. She looked around and then opened a window, she took a branch from a tree and broke it off. She then broke the branch into two sticks and started attempting to start the fire. After ten minutes she succeeded in lighting the candle. She then focused on the candle and staring at the fire, Attempting to semi-burn the candle. After five minutes she successfully got it to burn halfway but couldn't stop it. Eventually the candle burned out. "Hmm."

The teacher came over with another candle, "good try, but maybe leave the window open and gather hue from the banners.. You know light shines, absorb colour in the light.."

Teacher smiled as if he was connecting to this student, he was a bit oblivious..

He looked toward a banner as his eyes glowed red a single flame produced on his fingertip,

He concentrated to make the tiny flame flare up like a bonfire for a split second then shrink back down to that tiny flame..

"Gaining control of your hue is mandatory before you leave, especially red talent as you could very well blow yourself, and others up accidentally"

@Kazami42

Flowiest said:

"I don't want to help anyone." Kent says and turns around once more.

Pat said:
"Of course." Sandra replied to the Instructor, voice husky. "Instead of the work of changing solid, refined steel, you can change inconstant air with ease."
She flickers her eyes around the room to draw in more White, adding musingly. "There's a moral in that somewhere."
"Yes but the main idea of the dagger is to learn to focus hue into a shape, to keep the construct of it.. White hue is only physical in two ways, when you apply it to something, and in extreme cases it has been known to kill.. Similar to black hue"

Barkeep sighed,

"I guess there's a reason I'm on this floor and Charlie has the good section"

Flowiest said:
"Yes but the main idea of the dagger is to learn to focus hue into a shape, to keep the construct of it.. White hue is only physical in two ways, when you apply it to something, and in extreme cases it has been known to kill.. Similar to black hue"
Barkeep sighed,

"I guess there's a reason I'm on this floor and Charlie has the good section"
Kent turns around "What does that mean? Nevermind, I don't care." He says, before turning his back again. Overcome with curiosity he turns around "What did you want of me, then?"

Lucy waddled awkwardly and stiffly over to a bar stool and sat down, still getting used to changing her size and shape. She yawned, still tired from all the work she had spent on breaking those blocks of green hue, not to mention constantly using grey magic was taking it out of her. "I shall ha-" she began in a small, girlish before covering her mouth and readjusting her voice appropriately. "I shall have a glass of water" she asked the bartender who seemed to be chatting with some person. @Flowiest @guul66 (I'm a little confused...)

Trust said:
Lucy waddled awkwardly and stiffly over to a bar stool and sat down, still getting used to changing her size and shape. She yawned, still tired from all the work she had spent on breaking those blocks of green hue, not to mention constantly using grey magic was taking it out of her. "I shall ha-" she began in a small, girlish before covering her mouth and readjusting her voice appropriately. "I shall have a glass of water" she asked the bartender who seemed to be chatting with some person. @Flowiest @guul66 (I'm a little confused...)
Kent looks at her, then the look turns into a stare. But not a stare of amazement, rather a skeptical stare, like he knows something is off.

guul66 said:
Kent looks at her, then the look turns into a stare. But not a stare of amazement, rather a skeptical stare, like he knows something is off.
"Umm.. Hello?" She asked after a moment of silence, feeling rather uncomfortable that the man that had been chatting with the barkeep was just staring at her. "Can i help you?"

Barkeep smiled in a friendly manner, but it somehow appeared sly, or cheeky almost.

"Your a student right? Study at the academy?" He said pointing at his uniform with pink and purple.

"What say I wanted to help some people become better then they were, but these poor souls..

These poor souls... They can't afford that gold plantation up the hill there..

Talented People..just like you, who have to live in fear of themselves because lord spectrum and the council of greed takes their coin, they pay the them to work for them.. It's crazy right?"

Barkeep looked at the "woman" in a place of establishment like this, where each women was talented in either pink or grey, he saw right through the "adept novice"

"Here you are ma'am" barkeep said with a smirk and a wink, handing her a glass of water.

He slid back over to Andrew and began his sales pitch again albeit a bit quieter.

"It's just cruel don't you think? If I could, I'd help those people I mentioned previously.. I mean wouldn't you?" Barkeep wiped down the wooden bar,

Flowiest said:
Barkeep smiled in a friendly manner, but it somehow appeared sly, or cheeky almost.
"Your a student right? Study at the academy?" He said pointing at his uniform with pink and purple.

"What say I wanted to help some people become better then they were, but these poor souls..

Talented People..just like you, who have to live in fear of themselves because lord spectrum and the council of greed takes their coin, they pay the them to work for them.. It's crazy right?"

Barkeep looked at the "woman" in a place of establishment like this, where each women was talented in either pink or grey, he saw right through the "adept novice"

"Here you are ma'am" barkeep said with a smirk and a wink.

He slid back over to Andrew and began his sales pitch again albeit a bit

"It's just cruel don't you think? If I could, I'd help those people I mentioned previously.. I mean wouldn't you?" Barkeep wiped down the wooden bar,
Kent's sense of duty tells him to help, but hes not sure if he wants to get mixed up in these things. "And what'd I have to do." He says, a very thin line of pink hue exits his hand and quickly, but quietly charges towards Lucy ((@Trust )) and through it Kent scans her emotions.

Flowiest said:

"Here you are ma'am" barkeep said with a smirk and a wink.

He slid back over to Andrew and began his sales pitch again albeit a bit

"Umm, thank you mister?" She said, wondering why she was even in this bar and how much trouble she would be in if she was brought back to that place, as well as how tight her clothes were, they were practically about to explode! "Excuse me, but do you have a bathroom..?" She asked the bartender who had resumed his conversation with the man @guul66

guul66 said:
Kent's sense of duty tells him to help, but hes not sure if he wants to get mixed up in these things. "And what'd I have to do." He says, a very thin line of pink hue exits his hand and quickly, but quietly charges towards Lucy ((@Trust )) and through it Kent scans her emotions.
"Well how many people live and study there, it's a.. Fact That I know true.. The guards won't bother most wearing a uniform, but the uniform has to match the eyes of the student, and the uniforms are given out inside the academy.."

Barkeep spoke quietly,

"My little plan was for some uniforms.. Maybe six at the most.. To find there way here.."

Barkeep stopped, to address the woman.

"There's an outhouse to the left just outside dear"

"Anyway.." Barkeep continued to Andrew, "I'll pay you for each uniform you can bring me, I write a list of my friends talents, you find the specific uniforms, everyone wins don't they"

Flowiest said:
"Well how many people live and study there, it's a.. Fact That I know true.. The guards won't bother most wearing a uniform, but the uniform has to match the eyes of the student, and the uniforms are given out inside the academy.."
Barkeep spoke quietly,

"My little plan was for some uniforms.. Maybe six at the most.. To find there way here.."

Barkeep stopped, to address the woman.

"There's an outhouse to the left just outside dear"

"Anyway.." Barkeep continued to Andrew, "I'll pay you for each uniform you can bring me, I write a list of my friends talents, you find the specific uniforms, everyone wins don't they"
"I-i don't want that money. Its stealing, I can't do that. Best you find someone else."

She walked back outside and absorbed the grey hue from the dullness of the clouds before sitting in the outhouse for a while, readjusting herself so she was a little smaller. Her clothes a little less tight and now looking around late-teens to early-twenties. She walked back into the bar and began sipping her small glass of water, struggling to listen to their conversation @guul66 @Flowiest

"What about friends or family? You saying they wouldn't benefit from you playing 'night angel?"

Barkeep tried but gave up, "your call stranger.. Best we not mention this outside.. Have a drink for your trouble"

Barkeep poured a glass of wine for the young man.

Dart had finished fighting gorne, the weakest of the three..

Tobias was furious he held dart by his uniform and threw him off the sparring ground.

Dart rolled and spluttered.

"If you give me any sort of reason, any at all.. Your life is forfeit" Tobias said as he walked away.

Three young men and a woman laid outside, tired hurt bleeding and bruised.

Dart managed to crawl onto his hands and knees. Eventually he stood. And shuffled out holding his ribs.

He needed someone with orange talent,

Barkeep looked toward the "woman" drinking water.

"ma'am please excuse me for asking.. Do you like kawlii?" @Trust

Isolde went inside The pink tavern as they call it.

The whole place was oozing of the smell of liquid, enough to make her a bit nauseous.

Isolde disliked the smell of alcohol and had always refused to taste it.

I was supposed to meet this Samuel guy.... Now where could he be..., she thought as she looked around.

@Flowiest

Flowiest said:
"What about friends or family? You saying they wouldn't benefit from you playing 'night angel?"
Barkeep tried but gave up, "your call stranger.. Best we not mention this outside.. Have a drink for your trouble"

Barkeep poured a glass of wine for the young man.

Dart had finished fighting gorne, the weakest of the three..

Tobias was furious he held dart by his uniform and threw him off the sparring ground.

Dart rolled and spluttered.

"If you give me any sort of reason, any at all.. Your life is forfeit" Tobias said as he walked away.

Three young men and a woman laid outside, tired hurt bleeding and bruised.

Dart managed to crawl onto his hands and knees. Eventually he stood. And shuffled out holding his ribs.

He needed someone with orange talent,

Barkeep looked toward the "woman" drinking water.

"ma'am please excuse me for asking.. Do you like kawlii?" @Trust
"No, i really hate this place... Wish i could leave but I can't because of... Personal reasons" she answered truthfully, remembering all of her travelling before she was captured. "Thanks for the water by the way, it's quite nice" she complimented, not really sure of what else to say. "Hey... What are you and the man over there talking about? It seems a little shady if you ask me but i can keep a secret" @guul66

MadArtist said:
Isolde went inside The pink tavern as they call it.
The whole place was oozing of the smell of liquid, enough to make her a bit nauseous.

Isolde disliked the smell of alcohol and had always refused to taste it.

I was supposed to meet this Samuel guy.... Now where could he be..., she thought as she looked around.

@Flowiest
Samuel was sitting in the corner nursing a drink and eating boiled chicken,

His attire, haircut, even the way he ate and drank screamed "federation snob"

He glanced toward Isolde. Tohmas followed her in and stood inside by the door.

Barkeep raised his head to acknowledge her, almost directing her toward Samuel.

Trust said:
"No, i really hate this place... Wish i could leave but I can't because of... Personal reasons" she answered truthfully, remembering all of her travelling before she was captured. "Thanks for the water by the way, it's quite nice" she complimented, not really sure of what else to say. "Hey... What are you and the man over there talking about? It seems a little shady if you ask me but i can keep a secret" @guul66
"Just trying to help some kids, nothing shady my dear" barkeep smiled.

"You a Good Samaritan are you?"

Flowiest said:
"Just trying to help some kids, nothing shady my dear" barkeep smiled.
"You a Good Samaritan are you?"
"That depends, good is just bad viewed from another angle, same for bad" she smiled, noticing the few people looking and walking around suspiciously. "I kinda doubt you would whisper about helping some kids, unless you mean that uh... School not to far away, because i think i could help..?" She said, hoping he would let her in on the plot

Flowiest said:
Samuel was sitting in the corner nursing a drink and eating boiled chicken,
His attire, haircut, even the way he ate and drank screamed "federation snob"

He glanced toward Isolde. Tohmas followed her in and stood inside by the door.

Barkeep raised his head to acknowledge her, almost directing her toward Samuel.
''So we finally meet mr. Samuel. Hope you weren't waiting for long.''

She casually went to take a seat.

Trust said:
"That depends, good is just bad viewed from another angle, same for bad" she smiled, noticing the few people looking and walking around suspiciously. "I kinda doubt you would whisper about helping some kids, unless you mean that uh... School not to far away, because i think i could help..?" She said, hoping he would let her in on the plot
"Your wearing the uniform dear, I'm obviously talking of the 'school' " barkeep said with a teasing chuckle.

"Just looking for someone inside to help.." He said in a way that was to entice more questions.

MadArtist said:
''So we finally meet mr. Samuel. Hope you weren't waiting for long.''
She casually went to take a seat.
"Isolde I presume" remarked Samuel quietly,

"I've been sent by your, father... To recieve word on your first week of school" Samuel got over speaking cryptically.

"Look surely you have seen the coloured armies are withdrawing from there outposts and no longer hunting slaz monsters... Something is going down in kawlii, have you seen or heard a reason for their armies to amass back in kawlii?" Samuel spoke quietly but rushed.

He was on edge, and drinking to hide the nerves he was feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back