• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Songs Of Old | Viking/Medieval/Fantasy etc...

Freyja_

Shaman Queen
The Songs Of Old

“And Freya next came nigh, with golden tears;

The loveliest Goddess she in Heaven, by all

Most honour’d after Frea, Odin’s wife.

Her long ago the wandering Oder took

To mate, but left her to roam distant lands;

Since then she seeks him, and weeps tears of gold.

Names hath she many; Vanadis on earth

They call her, Freya is her name in Heaven.”

Balder Dead (Matthew Arnold)

Welcome strangers and wanderers to my search thread.

My name is Freyja, but you may call me Frey.

In the next post, you will find my interests, plots and many other of my role playing needs.

Rules

I am currently indulged in 2 one x one and one group roleplay.
My limit is 1 group and 3 one x one.
I don't like to over work myself.

- I don't like being stingy, but there are times when I have to be. Like when I write a six paragraph intro and only get a three sentence intro from my partner. That's a total no-no for me. I will tell you to try and write two good paragraphs at least per post, and if you cant then maybe we were not meant to be partners. I am a literate role player, which means I expect my partner to be so as well.

- I will not start a role play without a plan/plot or character sheets. This means that I love to plan, world-build and create characters, and I get super hyped up when my partner also likes to do so.

- I am often caught up in work and school- most of my replies will be during night time. However, if it takes me more than two days to get a reply to you, I am most likely drenched in real life things and haven't been able to even access the website to read your reply. If that happens, be patient with me, I am not ditching you, I am simply super busy(Its highly unlikely, but it does happen.)

- Like I said in the second bullet point, I am a huge fan of world creation, character creation and making awesome plots! I love writing stories with people, if you love it too then we are a good match. (:

- I don't expect everything to be perfect, just so you know. I understand that life happens, so if you get too busy to reply for a while- or need to take a break, just let me know and I'd be more than happy to give you some time to get your stuff together. I like to think I'm a pretty understanding person. I like to treat people the way I like to be treated...(With chains and whips... Jk)

- As for characters, please spare me the depressing, over-emotional characters. I don't think anybody wants to role play with a character that acts like a depressed potato.

- I also reserve the right to add anything I may have forgotten to this list.

__________________________________________________________________________________

The pairings

Please keep in mind, these don't have to be romantic pairings. ^^

Viking settings:

Things you need to know;
There are three social classes in the Viking world.
The first were the Karls, who were free men and land owners. The Karls could become a Jarl after defeating the existing Jarl(Killing him in battle).
The Jarl is like a leader, and usually his eldest son would take his spot, unless somebody defeated him in a battle.
The þræll were slaves and bondsmen. A bondsmen is a person who owes debt to somebody and is working off the debt. Theives were most common to be bondsmen, because they were given to the victim of the theft as slaves.

- Shield Maiden x Raider
- Jarl x Slave girl
- Shrine Maiden x Warrior
- Daughter of old Jarl x New Jarl

(I'm currently lacking on pairings for vikings... Also, I want to include gods/goddesses, viking lore and mythology as realistically as possible within the plots. Forgive them for being so bland. I have good plots, I swear...)

Medieval settings:
- King x Queen
- Kidnapper x Princess
- Prince x Slave girl
- Slave girl x War lord
- Princess x Prince (Arranged marriage)
- Princess x Slave boy or knight
- Run away Princess x Traveling bounty hunter
- Bard x Female Bounty hunter
- Prince x Healer
- General x Princess
- General x Captured enemy.

Fantasy and Everything else:
Modern, medieval or futuristic setting
- Detective x Criminal
- Werewolf x Faerie
- Werewolf/Vampire x Hunter

- Faerie x Faerie
- Rich person x Not rich person
- Scientist x Experiment
- Experiment x Civilian
- Experiment x Soldier

If you have any questions or pairings that aren't on this list, please feel free to PM me your ideas, I'm open to all genres, I've just got a few favorites. (:

Last edited:
Plots

Werewolf x Hunter

From the moment his parents brought her home from the orphanage, he hated her. A human? In their home? They must of been out of their minds. Every time he brought it up, his dad would brush it off as a favor for a close friend. As they grew up together, it was clear his parents didn't really think of her as part of the family- but an annoying obligation and as the years went by, she started to realize that she didn't really belong.

It became apparent to her that what she thought was family, wasn't. As soon as she grew old enough to take care of herself, his parents stopped paying attention to her. She was just a stranger living in their house. He could see the resentment building inside of her, and the anger burning in her eyes whenever she looked at his parents. Something happened, and he wanted to know what it was.

After weeks of tormenting his parents, he finally found out her true identity. Her parents were hunters, killed by his own parents. They didn't know they had a little daughter, and they couldn't find it in themselves to kill her or leave a little infant behind, so they took her in. It wasn't long before she turned 18 and he, 21 that she found out that it was his parents who murdered her real family. When she found out, she ran away, and he never saw her again, until now.

The ripe age of 23, ready to extract revenge for the death of her parents, starting with him.

*hmm... don't focus too much on their hate for each other. Try to focus more on the loss she went through, and how after she ran away he started to feel pity for her and stuff... Also, I can be male or female, it makes no difference.

Shield Maiden x Raider

It is her duty to protect the Shrine of Freyja, her beloved goddess. She not only protects the Shrine, but the Shrine Maidens that tend to the Shrine
. On a dark day, a group of raiders from a near-by village come to raid the Shrine, and she is injured trying to protect it. She thought she was going to die, but one raider- one man- saves her life, and the life of her precious Shrine Maidens, allowing them to escape through the back. Why he did it? She was going to find out.

* The story can start before the raid- or as they're escaping from the raid. I want to play the Sheild Maiden in this one.

Daughter of old Jarl x New Jarl

When she heard her father had been challenged by his best friend she chose not to believe it. It couldn't be that the man that stood by her father since she was young would try to kill him. It wasn't until the day came, when everybody gathered and she watched her father die, a quick stab to the heart, that the realization kicked in. Her mother wept, and eventually in the days to come, took her own life, for she couldn't live with the shame. Now, alone, her brothers out on a raid to the west of the sea, she had nobody. Taking pity on her, the new Jarl, a man she thought she knew, offered her his home and protection in exchange for her marriage.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back