The Small Council

TheFordee20

One Thousand Club
screen2.jpg.4feb9ff704706e18c4e4bddc785e128f.jpg

CURRENT DATE :
Spring, 246 AC

The High Septon
'Thank the gods for these northerners, if they are truly going to do what I think they are going to do then they have just put the key to power in my pocket' The most esteemed High Septon thought to himself as he walked the corridors of the Red Keep having received a royal summons granting him a seat on the Small Council 'The first step'. On his flanks were six temporary Guardians of the Seven adorned with symbols of the Faith with a look of religious fanaticism in their eyes, glancing back at them the High Septon had just one thought in his mind 'How in the gods name did these nobly education knights fall for my simple rhetoric? If this is the state of knighthood in the Seven Kingdoms then we are truly doomed'.

Reaching the Small Council Chamber 4 of the knights departed whilst two remained at the door in case anything were to happen. As the High Septon entered the chamber he put on the old decrepit man act that he had so perfected after many decades as a Septon and walked with what seemed to be some pain and pressure. Glancing he saw two men in the room, the pirate whom he admired in some respects having climbed up out of the gutter and reached a position of power when he should be dead and the Lord Commander whom he viewed as a fool, as who would give their life to this stupid order of glorified statues but a fool? Still he had to keep the act up and so from across the room spoke with the booming voice that entrapped so many peasants.

"Excuse me good gentleman, I hope I am not interrupting your conversation but I fear I am in need of assistance. The Seven may keep us safe and guard us but there is nothing in the scripture about weak knees" he said laughing to himself. "Could one of you please help me to a seat?"

@Fezzes
JPTheWarrior JPTheWarrior

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back