The Slime Quest - Story

Archene

Keeper of Balance

Core Activation in 00:00:01

Welcome to the World, User!

Your mana core has just stabilized.

You will begin secreting your defensive layer now.

Other than the screens that seemed to float before you, there was nothing more that could be seen. You knew you were in deep darkness and somehow, you were unfeeling. No in a deeper sense, but physically, it was as if you were stuck in the ground and had no limbs to move. Slowly, however, you notice that you are feeling the ground. That area slowly expands and though you can't really see anything around you, you feel the ground, the air and even other small gelatinous beings like yourself brushing against you.

There are actually many of them. There is a slight tremor and a number of your siblings(?) begin moving in its direction. You know there should be food that way... and you know you are hungry. Many others, however, stay in place either because they are stuck... or somehow are interacting with other of your siblings.

Choices:

[1] - Follow the instincts! To the epicenter!

[2] - Oh, is this little guy besides me stuck... I can't let my sibling starve!

[3] - There is this little blob of food beside me... why go so far for food?

[4] - ???

(I will post a reply tomorrow (6/11/2016)! Feel free to suggest a custom choice, that is what the ??? stands for!)

Last edited by a moderator:
[1] - Follow the instincts! To the epicenter!

Wether it was your hunger, your curiosity or something beyond, you only spent a moment paying attention to the sibling besides you before rushing along your other siblings... or at least attempt to. Moving was... strange. At first, as you tried to inch forward, you rolled against a sibling and ended up back your starting point. No doubt, only because you bounced at the one still stuck there... though you did push it back.

Filled with much will to go forward, you tried again. Slowly, your bottom rippled against the ground. Strangely, you felt this was a very slow way to move forward... but to your surprised, you noticed that you were moving fast enough to avoid your slowest siblings at least. Soon enough, you were among the first, or at least close enough to be called one of the first already. There were truly too many siblings for you to count, but to your surprised many of them stopped a bit ahead of you. To not crash into them, you slowed down... and then you noticed why they had stopped. There was a giant blob ahead of you around five times bigger than yourself. In between you and it, there was something that wasn't like you. By the time you finally stopped, another screen appeared.

You have obtained a new title: [Prodigy]

[Prodigy]

Whether it is due to your speed, compassion or the lack of thereof, you are one of best of your generation.

Not only you started after you started the race after your siblings, but you also saved one of your own before becoming one of the first!

Effects: Your growth speed and potential are raised by 25%. There will be opportunities for further growth.

Unfazed by the window and its meanings, you turned your focus back to the thing in between you and the big one. The liquid seeping out of it was unlike the gelatinous coating you had. It was too flowy... maybe that's why it was considered a liquid. The thing was still begin than you, or any of your siblings. It was even big enough to be almost of the size of the big one that was like you. You can feel the big one pushing it in your direction, but your siblings seem to be unable to move for now.

Choices:

[1] - Why not go ahead... and satiate the hunger?

[2] - There is something wrong! I mustn't have a taste!

[3] - Why not push a sibling ahead? At least, it will be able to find out what you don't know.

[4] - ???

Hello, hello, everyone~ The flair all of you added to your choices was very refreshing to see.

Again, the ??? is there for you to add your own unique choice!

I will be making the next post in 22 hours and 45 minutes at 4 pm GMT. Sorry for the wait~

Last edited by a moderator:
[1] - Why not go ahead... and satiate the hunger?

Unlike your scared and cautious siblings, you went ahead of them. As you did, the big one stopped pushing the food(?) forward. At first, you just grazed over the liquid it was oozing. It was warm, strange... but tasty. As you followed the trail made by the liquid, you finally arrived at it. You bounced cautiously against it, and it still didn't move. It's surface wasn't gelatinous like your own... it had a layer of thin pointy things, but you were able to dissolve those.

You pressed yourself against it, trying to coat it with your body, but you were only able to cover a small part of it. Slowly, you got through a strange layer of protection the food had, but it was also dissolved. Just as you got under it you found more of the tasty liquid and something soft that was as tasty as it. It was very satisfying indeed.

As you were eating, you noticed that other of your siblings found the courage to try as well. You didn't pay much attention to them as you found yourself more and more relaxed. Soon enough, your consciousness faded and you were... asleep.

When you woke up, you noticed a number of your siblings sleeping besides you on top of small pointy things, you even had some of those slightly dissolved in yourself! The second thing you noticed, was that you were certainly bigger, almost twice your previous size! At that moment, you understood a profound truth about your existence, eating is good.

Lastly you noticed, another of those strange floating screens.

Congratulations, you have finished your first meal!

Due to being the first to finish, you have been awarded bonus growth points.

Due to prodigy, you have been awarded an extra growth point.

If eating is good and eating gives those... growth points, getting growth points is good. You slowly began moving away from where you woke up, some of your smaller siblings were still stuck back where you were born... though they also seemed asleep and even smaller than before. Maybe it seems like that because you are bigger than them now. With that came the realization, that you could feel far further than before. You could even notice that big one far away in the other edge of where you were... or that you were in a circular place with a single exit.

But now, you felt lost, there was so much you could do. You could go rest more. After all, sleeping doesn't feel bad. Or maybe explore the outside! Maybe even this room, you never know what kind of thing you can mysteriously find in such barren place. You might want to push your little siblings off their place for a reason or another. Or bounce against the big one though your instincts tell you to not do something like this.

Choices:

[1] - Everyone seems to be resting, maybe I should too.

[2] - Time to show much courage and explore the outside!

[3] - Time to show a little caution and explore the room.

[4] - I MUST BOUNCE AGAINST THE BIG ONE!

[5] - ???

Thanks everyone who voted~ I was a bit worried that there would be a draw, but then when I go write I suddenly notice that a choice had been chosen!

I will be making a post in 23 hours and 50 minutes at 4 pm GMT as usual. During the weekend given that enough votes are made, I may make updates every 12 hours.

[3] - Explore the room. There's got to be something else in here, right?

[3] - Time to show a little caution and explore the room.

You were far from tired. If anything, you were very well rested. Filled with a healthy amount of curiosity, you began to explore the room. As you began to slowly move, avoiding your siblings for the most part, you began noticing that parts of the ground by an edge of the area weren't simply like the ground. As you approached the area, you noticed that there were some droplets of a liquid ran by the wall, forming a small pool by it. Around the pool, the ground wasn't as gritty and the air wasn't as dry. As you got even closer to the liquid, you noticed that it seeped into your body... but it didn't feel bad. It wasn't tasty like the liquid from earlier, but it felt fulfilling in a entirely different way.

Due to drinking from a lesser mana spring, your water mana has been raised by one.

Again, another floating screen appearing... strange.

You kept exploring the room, even tried going up a wall... but you just rolled back to the ground when it became steep enough. Luckly, you didn't roll into any of your siblings. The ground was mostly even, but still had small shards of itself around. Probably shards of other things as well. Eventually, you found yourself before the big one. It was resting peacefully, like the others. Somewhere deep within, even with your instincts telling you to not bounce against it, you also felt an urge to bounce against it. Why bouncing? You may never find out as after bouncing in place for a moment, you decided it is something you should try when bigger. After quieting yourself down, you spent another moment paying attention to the bigger one when screens began to appear in succession.

Big Slime

Level ???

[Progenitor], ???

Due to your continuous efforts in understanding the world around your, you have obtained the skill [Appraisal].

[Appraisal] - Rank G

This most basic skill for any explorer... and appraiser. This is the skill awarded to those who look hard enough at things to try to understand what lies beneath their surface.

Active: Given enough focus, this skill allows the user to find information on its target regardless of the targets nature. The information obtained is determined by the target's qualities, the user's skill rank, understanding of the target and focus.

Exploring the room felt rewarding enough in a way, but you noticed that the Big Slime began moving again. You were frozen in place briefly as it approached you. It bopped against you and your rolled back. It seemed ready to jump onto you... before noticing you were you. It then bounced in place. It was unlike your tiny, short bounces. It really disappeared from the ground before hitting it heavily causing small tremors. Your siblings, at least the big ones, began waking up.

The Big Slime seemed to moving circles around them before it began to move towards the exit. Your instincts began telling you to simply follow it, and it seemed that your siblings had the same instinct as they began to follow it. As you began towards it, nearly mindlessly, you noticed that droplets of a liquid were falling where the Big Slime was resting. While it picked your interest, is it really worth checking it and stay behind?

Choices:

[1] - Must follow the Big Slime. The Big Slime knows the way.

[2] - It might be more of that nice water! There is certainly more space for it inside!

[3] - Why just stay for the water? Now that there is no one here who'd stop me from eating the tiny ones!

[4] - ???

Sorry for the wait again everyone~ And thank you everyone who just joined for joining~ :3

Tomorrow will be Father's Day over here (in Brazil), and unexpectedly, I will be able to spend it with my father so my next post will be coming until Moday, 8/15/2016 @ 4PM GMT~

(And sorry for the delay, the table system here is not cooperating much with me. :< Not even google spreedsheet is saving me.)

Hope you have enjoy today's happenings.

[2] - It might be more of that nice water! There is certainly more space for it inside!

"Dear, slimy, appraise that water. This is the voice inside your head . . . muhahahaha."

Maybe more of those screens will pop up?

[1] Must follow the Big Slime!

Who knows what wonders lie outside? Big Slime probably knows the best places to go! Plus if the world outside is scary, Big Slime will protect us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back