The Sky Magician/Hilbert Al Dente

YoungX

Hue Master
Alias: The Sky Magician

Legal Name: Hilbert Al Dente

Occupation: Street Performer For HireAppearance: (picture and description of both hero and alter ego preferably included):

[Everyday Civilian Wear]

fd90b18fb6c490e82c3bde80b1528d53.jpg

[Sky Magician Apparel]

[Does not actually hold pendulum.]
Performapal.Pendulum.Sorcerer.full.1960504.jpg

Powers/Signature Move: "Magic" Theme - His powers are based upon a magician's tricks and glamour

Object Levitation - Sky Magician’s power allows him to levitate any object he touches. Beyond that he can’t do much besides making objects float in the air. He can’t make them shoot out at opponents nor can he make them float any higher. Of course he actually has to touch the object first in order for it to levitate. The objects can be interacted upon so knocking it out of levitation is possible. Any object that is levitating will keep levitating until some force is applied which will make it fall at a rate in proportion to it's own weight, however Sky Magician is able to let the object still levitate even if he were to still hold it while floating. Just to make sure no confusion arises, any exerting force will cause the floating objects to fall but Sky Magician can keep holding it while it levitates. If something such as a projectile hits it while Sky Magician is holding said object then yes the object will fall causing him to fall as well. An object that was just levitated cannot become levitated again for a few seconds.

Limb Detachment/Reattachment: Part of Sky Magician's "magic" is his ability to detach his limbs such as his arms, hands, legs, feet, and possibly head. He will still feel pain as if they were still connected but he can still use them as if they were still connected. If he were to have his hand detached then that hand can still grab onto objects. Of course strength is still proportional to his own strength so nothing is gained or lost. When detached, limbs can move but they are reliant upon Sky Magician's own sight so that the limbs don't hit anything. The detached limbs are able to float on their own and can move around while floating. While the reason isn't exactly clear, Hilbert assumes that the limbs draw off from his object levitation but also possibly show what it is capable of given about perhaps at least more than a years worth of power training.

Fabric Manipulation: The third and final set of Sky Magician's "magic." It is a simple power that grants Sky Magician the ability to manipulate all types of fabric such as scarves, shirts, and anything made with mainly of fabric. It has to be mainly composed of fabric or he is unable to manipulate it. Specifically, he can tie up fabrics together and move them around.

Enhanced Agility

Enhanced Jumping

Signature Move - Reaction Spiral: Sky Magician must first be mid-air in order to execute his signature move. Once mid-air he takes one of his batons and makes it float mid-air and proceeds to continuously swing on the baton without letting go. Then once his body faces downward at the angle where he intends to aim, he lets go and proceeds to head downward while spinning. While this occurs he unleashes his "endless" hanker chief and will attempt to use it to either grab onto to an object or person. From there he will use the handkerchieves to propel himself forward at a more faster rate. First he will detach his feet and perform a barrage of kicks with his detached feet at said target and then he will combine it back at the right time and finish it off with a spinning kick.

Power Limitations:

• Sky Magician cannot make objects levitate if their weight exceeds his. Thus large objects such as cars are unable to float if he were to use his powers on them.

• His limb detachment power is only limited to his head, arms, hands, legs, feet, chest and torso area. He cannot detach smaller limbs such as fingers.

• Fabric Manipulation can be quite a strain if he were to try and manipulate an incredibly large amount of fabric. After all manipulation-based powers are contingent on the person's health and physical/mental condition.

Abilities:

• Performing magic tricks

• Acrobatic maneuvers

• Adapting to the situation

• Finding creative ways to solve situations

Weapons/Gadgets/Tech:

• Twin long and durable batons used for not just melee combat but also in coordination with his abilities. These batons are as long as what you would see on circus swings and each end has two long red fabric strips which are about a meter long.

• Small portable smoke bombs that come in different colors. The smoke is harmless and is similar to what one would see at a magic show or at a concert.

• The suit itself comes with an extendable cape that allows him to glide in the air. It is the same color and design as his suit.

• The "endless" handkerchief that extends to about 20 meters long. It's in his suit and he call pull it out on a whim. He has one on each arm sleeve.

• 4 large connector rings like the ones one sees at the circus.

Weaknesses:

• Objects that are levitating can simply be knocked out of mid-air from projectiles or anything that has gravitational force. It's basically Newton's First Law of Physics: an object stays at rest unless external force is applied to it.

• Because Sky Magician has to have sight in order to use his detached limbs properly, being blinded would prove an inconvenience.

• Detached limbs can still feel pain and become damaged thus Sky Magician cannot just move wildly when using his detached limbs.

• Fabric is affected by it's weaknesses such as fire and water. Sky Magician must be careful when deciding on how to use fabric. Also fabric is not inherently strong and it's purposes can be limited based upon what he uses. A shirt serves a much more different purpose than a scarf would.

• Sky Magician does not wear much protection much like a regular performer and thus has to be careful not to injure himself.

Rank in G.S.U.N: N/A

Short backstory:

Hilbert Al Dente belongs to a family of performers who bear the last name and performing troupe known as 'Al Dente.' Al Dente is an Italian performing group that goes above and beyond regular circus performances and does it's best to bedazzle everyone of all ages. One could think of it like a Cirque Du Soleil involving powers and tricks alike. The Al Dente family line also possesses powers used to enhance their performances and Hilbert is no exception to this rule. Hilbert was granted his powers at an early age which tends to be when powers are awakened for those of the Al Dente line. Being the son of the leader of the troupe, Django Al Dente, Hilbert has trained and practiced to become an even greater performer than his father. Of course he still has ways to go and knows that to become the successor to the 'Al Dente' troupe, he has to become a much better performer. To do this he moved overseas from Italy to the city of Los Angelos in America in order to train and better himself. Along the way he notices that heroes and villains are at a constant struggle which gives him the idea to be a hero on the side. He dons the name 'The Sky Magician' which is also his father's performance stage name. He is still relatively new as he had just arrived just recently so he does his best to make do with what he has.

Basic Personality (include their motivation to be a hero and their mental and emotional strengths and weaknesses both physical and mental please!):

Hilbert Al Dente is an optimist who much prefers to see things in a positive light than to just think everything is pointless. Over the course of his life he has overcome many obstacles and roadblocks that has molded him to be a confident person with great willpower. Being a performer, he is a person who wants nothing more than to bedazzle his audience with his entertainment and to allow others to be filled with cheerful spirits. Of course while he is an optimist, he does know when to take situations seriously but still wishes to show his entertainment even in times of struggle. With all of that one would think of Hilbert as a classic jokester but that is not the case with Hilbert. He prefers to entertain people with tricks everyone can enjoy and not use some meaningless prank with a person stating 'It's just a prank.'

To him being a hero means that he is able to save others while relieving tension of the situation with his entertainment. As such he will become a hero for that purpose as well as to stop villains who wish to take away such happiness from others. Seeing others unhappy and suffering due to others makes him want to stop such enemies especially if these enemies simply see others as meaningless existences. These traits certainly belong to the positive buzzer but he normally displays a calm, cool and collected behavior that allows him to get along with others. This behavior also helps to make sure that no one could link his identity to Sky Magician. Hilbert himself is not without his faults as he can become discouraged if his entertainment proves fruitless and yields no results. If he cannot do what he does as a performer than how could he become a performer to succeed his father? It will be a journey of improvement and entertainment for Hilbert.

Family:

• Al Dente Family line lives in Italy.

Allies:

• Any Hero is considered by Hilbert to be his ally. He sees no problem with having help.

Enemies:

• Villains. That's really it. Anyone evil would be considered a villain so for Hilbert that just works for him.

**Theme song:

Last edited:
How fast can he move the limbs when they float? More questions later but I've got stuff to get to.

How fast can he move the limbs when they float? More questions later but I've got stuff to get to.

He can move his limbs as fast as they regularly would in proportion to his own strength. Meaning that he can grab something with his detached hand as fast as he could if his hand was still attached to his body.

Just now, YoungX said:

He can move his limbs as fast as they regularly would in proportion to his own strength. Meaning that he can grab something with his detached hand as fast as he could if his hand was still attached to his body.

When you grab someone, that's the limb pivoting, which is very different. It's only changing the relative orientations of its joints, not moving along a path.

When you grab someone, that's the limb pivoting, which is very different. It's only changing the relative orientations of its joints, not moving along a path.

I see. This means that with the limbs detached then really the only things to move would be the actual parts detached and not the joints itself. 

I see. This means that with the limbs detached then really the only things to move would be the actual parts detached and not the joints itself. 

So to rephrase what I mean by how fast Sky Magician can move his limbs, I will say that they can move them a bit faster than a regular thrown quick punch. It's difficult to give an accurate speed description but that's the description I've chosen. 

AAAAHHHH I AM SO SORRY I WAS TYPING AN UNGODLY LONG POST!!!!!

Also, I am kinda down with his powers! He sounds fun! ^^ 

@Assailant also needs to OK this, but personally I think you're good to go!

Last edited by a moderator:
AAAAHHHH I AM SO SORRY I WAS TYPING AN UNGODLY LONG POST!!!!!

Also, I am kinda down with his powers! He sounds fun! ^^ 

@Assailant also needs to OK this, but personally I think you're good to go!

Well that's gucci. Though I think that @The J had more questions to ask about the CS. So for now I'm bidding my time. 

I have a few questions

What do you see as the use of the levitation power? I just see no applications.

How do the limbs reattach? Do they have to be manually attatched, or do they reappear in a puff of smoke or something?

I have a few questions

What do you see as the use of the levitation power? I just see no applications.

How do the limbs reattach? Do they have to be manually attatched, or do they reappear in a puff of smoke or something?

1) For the levitation power, Sky Magician could create platforms while floating mid air as one example. Another more primary example is Sky Magician using his baton to make it float mid-air and using it to swing in order to gain air time.

2) The limbs have to come back to him and they will just attach back. So it's the manual one.

Actually I'm alright with it as it is now that I've looked over it further, that was the only glaring issue that needed clarifying.

Looks like you're pretty much all set! Well, still need Assailanty's full approval, but chu know what I mean!

Do you have a discord? :3 Or would you just like PM's to discuss how Hilbert could fit into the story? ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
I see no problem. However, there IS something I need to warn you of. We have another mod named Nether, who's currently inactive as he is overburdened with work. However, he should be back soon. These powers are just in a weird enough spot that I could see him saying no, and managing to convince me.

This is all to say, feel free to post and all, just keep in mind it IS possible for us to revoke our decision.

I see no problem. However, there IS something I need to warn you of. We have another mod named Nether, who's currently inactive as he is overburdened with work. However, he should be back soon. These powers are just in a weird enough spot that I could see him saying no, and managing to convince me.

This is all to say, feel free to post and all, just keep in mind it IS possible for us to revoke our decision.

Alrighty I'll keep that in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back