The Six Realms

DreamingofRoses

Rosa Indomitus
(A quick note: I don't know if this format is going to work for RPdom, but I'm willing to try. The format is based off of some adventures from tgchan, which I'm not going to link to because of some NSFW stuff. Think of this as the 'Prologue' during which you have no body and no real memories of where you are. You do, however, have a mind/personality and can ask questions/suggest things and will be heard...by one person. We'll see how well this works. Newcomers are welcome at any time.)

"Ah. Hello there,"

A very solid presence shaped like a woman wreathed in shadow smiles down at you, kneeling down beside wherever you are and examining you with dark eyes.

"You are probably wondering where you are. I know I did when I first woke, but that was years ago," her manner is easy going and full of smiles, something projected more by her pleasant 'tone' of voice and positive aura since her features are blurred with shadows.

You realize you can observe for miles upwards, but not further since you seem to be in some sort of pit. Arching above all of you is a sky of glass peppered with glowing orbs of different colored lights. The glass sky is cracked in a few places and in those areas the multi-colored lights come streaming down out of the cracks like water. The sky behind--within?--the glass is dark and bright at the same time.

"Haven't figured out how to move yet, huh? It comes with time and practice, although if you're not full-blooded Xheanin it's probably always going to be tricky for you. It's lucky that you met me! I've got enough Elemental in me to move mountains! Well, here at least. Here, it will be terribly boring for you all if you have to stay here all night. I don't know how long you or I will stay, but we can look around together for now. Let me help you!"

She reaches down to where you are, hands outstretched, fingertips barely touching the surface of what seems to be a glowing silver puddle that you're currently residing in. Wisps of light like silver snakes start slithering their way up her arms, resting coiled around them and upon her shoulders. As you begin to move, you realize where you were was that pit and that, currently, you are one of the silver snakes.

"Welcome to what you probably know as 'the Dream World'. We have an actual name for it though--Xel'kha. It means--well--all sorts of things in Zislu which is a really, really, old Xheanin language and about only fifty people in the world speak it now but it's really--probably not important at the moment. Sorry, I get distracted easily and forget to finish my thoughts. It drives my master mad.

"Anyway! Welcome to your first (well, probably) waking dream! My name is Unia. One of things you might have noticed by now is that the land around us isn't really fixed. Well, you might not have noticed it since you always only see one thing in one area in one dreaming session. What I mean is that different people see different areas, even if they're standing in the same spot. Right now I'm in a courtyard with a well in it, which is where you all were hiding. If I wanted to I could make you see what I do, but I'm really curious. What do you see?"

(All right, to clarify what you should post: It's essentially you--as a player/person--interacting with this specific character. You are essentially in her head, seeing what she sees, but are able to interact with her to ask questions (although the answer might not always be the truth, she does have an independent will of her own), give your own opinion, try to persuade her to course of action or even coerce her into doing something. That, however, will require a roll vs her own independence. As you get to know her and she, you, it may become easier to persuade her. Or harder, depending on if you make a good impression or not.

And if you're worried about whether or not I know where this is going: I do, trust me. I will, however, add fluff like the "what do you see?" question for character development and not at all set stats or anything. *CoughCough*)

"The strong and silent type, huh?" She sighs, and you can almost feel the disappointment roll off of her as the scenery shifts about you into a bright courtyard surrounded by a high wall and paved with white stone and tall white well in front of you, in which more of the 'silver-snakes' sit until morning. All of the courtyard is paved white, with the occasional purple and blue stones, colors deeper that what you'd see in the waking world, studded throughout. The area is lit like the brightest afternoon, but the sky stays the same.

She begins walking towards one of the walls, with you being carried along for the ride, with a sulky attitude hanging about her now. Unia steps through one of the white walls, which had no opening, and you appear in front of one of the streams of light from the sky, this one colored a pulsating red and larger across than Unia is tall. She looks up the pillar. It seems more like glowing rock than light, but when her hand tries to rest on it, it passes right through. You notice the area around you is now dark, flat and plain-like. Unia sighs as she looks back down around the landscape. "The Pillars are always so weird."

'The Pillars are probably important, though. Pillars being meant to hold things up, and all. If this is a waking dream, I would bet the first currency I get ahold of that the Pillars are going to go from 'weird' to endangered in short order. So, what's on the agenda?'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back