• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

The Sinclair Palette — Cafe RP & Commissions (OPEN)

PanPan

Game Junkie
The Sinclair Palette — Cafe RP & Commissions

9bao8o.jpg

Overview

Hello and welcome to the Sinclair Palette, my Cafe RP & Art Commission Shop! ♥

This shop was made so that anyone may casually RP on this thread — no Character Sheets needed, and no need to order art. ♥ The menu and description of the place are at the end of this post, neatly tucked away under a Spoiler tag. If you'd like to RP, please give that a little browse. You might like our selection of treats. ♥

Also, if you'd like to commission me, please take a look at the Links, How-to's, and Prices below. ♥ I hope this makes things easy to understand! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to tag me in an OOC, between two parentheses (()).

Thank you so much for reading, and enjoy the thread! ♥

Gallery / Links

wearenotartists.org

This is my main website! It contains my personal art blog, commission prices, contact details, and gallery! The gallery on this site contains only featured art - that is, my favourite pieces. ♥ It’s still under construction, but if you want to see more of my work, visit my Instagram page below!

instagram.com/raquelmagtibay or @raquelmagtibay

This is my Instagram! ♥ I’ve converted it to include only personal art and past commissions I’ve done. They’re mostly character commissions on Artists & Clients. You can check out my profile below!

artistsnclients.com/people/PanPan

This is my profile on Artists & Clients! This is a site that makes it easier on artists to do commissions and handle payments. This is where I’ve been handling commissions in the past, and it’s highly recommended. Payments are held by the site until the artist can deliver the finished work, and the client marks the job as complete. ♥ Win-win!

How to Commission

1)
Post this order form so that I know what you would like me to make for you!

Code:
[size=6][color=#ed2bc3]I Would Like to Order![/color][/size]
Username:
Order & Price:
Note to Artist:
[/CODE]

2) Fill out the PanPan Commission Form to help me make the artwork exactly how you want it! This sends me your character sheet via email. ♥

3) Settle your payment. Please PM me for my account details. ♥ Please note that work begins only when payment has been settled. :) I accept PayPal (International) and BDO bank deposit (Philippines)

4) Hang out / roleplay on the thread. This is so you can keep an eye out for progress on your commission! I will be sending you updates of the artwork in Stages, and we will be working closely together so that I can better bring your character to life!

Commission Prices

B&W Sketch

$10 Headshot

$15 Waistshot

$20 Fullbody

Hard-Color

$20 Headshot

$30 Waistshot

$35 Fullbody

Digital Painting

$25 Headshot

$35 Waistshot

$50 Fullbody

Commission Slots[/font]

Noise (A&C) - "Keres" - Hard-Color Waistshot

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Finished Commissions

@PaulTercen (RpN) - "Paul Tercen" - Digital Painting Headshot

Noise (A&C) - "Eilie" - Hard-Color Waistshot

Josan (A&C) - "Morgana" - Hard-Color Waistshot

THE SINCLAIR PALETTE

"Coffee and sweets for the body. Arts and crafts for the soul."

by April Sinclair

C O F F E E

For the night owls and daydreamers

Classics

$1.00 Brewed — 1 Cup of Black Coffee

$1.00 Long Black — 1/4 Espresso, 3/4 Hot Water

$1.50 Flat White — 1 Shot Espresso + Steamed Milk

$1.50 Cafe Latte — 2/3 Cup of Coffee, 1/3 Milk

$1.50 Cafe Mocha — 1/3 Part Espresso, 2/3 Steamed Milk + Chocolate

Extra Strong

$2.00 Tripplo — Triple Shot Espresso

$2.00 Vienna — Triple Shot Espresso + Infused Whipped Cream

$2.50 Red Eye — 1/2 Drip Coffee, 2/3 Espresso

Three-dollar Bill

$3.00 The Irish Coffee — 1/2 Coffee, 1/2 Irish Whiskey

$3.00 Carajillo — 1 Part Espresso, 1 Shot Brandy

$3.00 Yuayang — 1 Part Coffee, 1 Part Milk Tea

Coffee Lineup from The Perfect Pour

P A S T R I E S

Simple baked confectioneries — best with coffee

$1.50 Single Cookie Chocolate Chip / Oatmeal

$1.50 Donut Honey Glazed

$2.00 Banana Bread

$3.00 Brownie / With Almonds + $0.50

$3.00 Muffin / Blueberry + $1.00

$4.00 Cheesecake Slice / Blueberry + $1.00

APRIL SINCLAIR

She stood for a while, drinking in the sight of the little old store, and sighed. It was a quaint little thing — its facade rustic and varnished, wood aged a little over half a century. Its simple blue door was framed by repainted white wood boards and generously large windows. Despite the renovations, the place betrayed its age — literally rough around the edges with its unsanded corners and cracked old planks. It was a bit of a fixer-upper, but it was hers now.

Briefly, she reminisced about this place: the many renovations the building endured, and how tense her father would be then, as he watched many a clumsy contractor carelessly tear through the walls. As she stared at the white wood slats, she looked back at a ghost of a memory — it seemed so long ago now, when she would come here to watch her grandfather paint his masterpieces.

He was a quiet, but gentle man, and she would sit faithfully by his side, watching his hand paint the last of his paintings before he passed away. She was very small then, and couldn't understand why grandpa stopped painting. It was only when she came of age that she understood — grandpa was tired, and it was time to rest.

Both she and her father vigilantly kept the memories of him; his best, and final works still grandly adorn the walls of their home. And to keep his joyful, quiet memory alive, she decided to develop a stroke of her own.

She moved forward, scraped the dirt off her feet, stepped into the store once again through the quaint blue door, and strode to her easel with purpose.

BARISTAS

Hiring! ♥

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm. Never noticed this before.

Paul regards the cozy little establishment for a while—very organic, lots of wood, simple design—before turning the knob of its blue door. It almost feels like entering someone's home. Her feet absently scrub the soles of her shoes against the welcome mat, making sure they're clean, before stepping inside. A nice looking young girl, maybe Paul's age, with pink hair greets her with a shy smile.

"Oh, hi! We're actually not open yet."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Paul blushes, ducking her head a little in embarrassment. "It's just... it looked so nice from outside."

Her gaze searches the small space and realizes there's art and art stuff everywhere. Paints. Easels. A block of watercolor paper on a small study by the corner. And paintings. Sketches. Half-hearted drafts and whole-hearted masterpieces littering every wall and shelf in sight. Paul can only assume the girl with pink hair is the hand that made them. "It's even nicer inside..."

"You think so?" Pink Hair's hands go to her hips, examining her art shop with its intruder. She is undoubtedly satisfied with how the place turned out, despite it not being operational yet. She imagines the new faces she'll meet, the smell of coffee in the air, both the hushed and fired up conversations, the many souls that will inhabit this place, and all the mishaps and serendipities in between once her shop is up and running. This mint-haired girl is a welcome intruder, she concludes. It would be nice to have a fresh pair of eyes and another set of hands to help out. "Well, you can stay if you like. I could use the company. Maybe you could help me set the place up, if you want. I mean, if you've got nothing else to do and don't mind lending me a hand."

Paul laughs a little. Perhaps Pink Hair isn't as shy as she first thought. She must not be, in fact, considering her daring choice of hair color. "Yeah, sure. Why not."

"April." April wipes her paint-stained hand on her right pant leg before offering it.

"Paul." She returns, taking the outstretched hand and giving it a firm squeeze, "Nice to meet you."

-----

And all of this is just my fancy way of saying: Good job,

@PanPan! Loving it already!!! Can't wait until you're open for business. :)

#ShamelessPlug to anyone reading this: My amazing RpN avatar is courtesy of the one and only PanPan. Woohoo! ☆☆☆☆☆

You won't regret commissioning her.
:)

@PaulTercen HAHAHA no actually, it's fine. Thank you for setting the tone of the coffee shop, this is exactly what I wanted, hahaha.

EDIT: Also, thank you for the promotion! I'm so excited to get this thread REALLY up and running! ♥

She's just finished sweeping the floors of her grandfather's old studio, and she turns, her back to the light, just to stop and admire everything. She sighs in satisfaction and smiles at the mint-haired girl, sipping on her own cup of coffee behind the counter. She smiles back.

"Okay." April breathes, steeling herself for the grand opening. She takes one more sweeping glance at the store, with its patchwork of new and old wood, its art dotting the walls, and the distinct aroma of milk and brewed coffee.
Let's do this.

With a final, quick exhale, to loosen the tension in her body, she turned back to the door. The walk seemed to take a mile before her hand reached for the sign. She turned it over.

30kraix.jpg

"Eilie" For Noise (A&C)

b7dmxe.jpg
April takes a step back from her first February lines, sighing deeply, part in satisfaction and the other in agitation. She is getting antsy again, clicking her tongue at the miserable lack of cigarettes. This is the third time she's reached into her pocket and failed to find her usual pack of Gudang.

She sighs again, reaching for her mug of cold, black coffee, settling for its tiny caffeine jolt. There have yet to be any clients aside from her out-of-town regulars, though a quiet crowd has begun to trickle in. Paul
(@PaulTercen) has been handling herself quite well behind the counter, playing the uke or reading a book on her downtime. She seems to be very satisfied with the quiet. And she loves the place. That's always a plus.

April turns her attention back to her lines, and pulls out her smartphone. She takes the shot after lining up the camera, and sends the update to her client.

"Eilie" For Noise (A&C)

23k3m80.jpg

Her client messages her hours later, stating that he would like some things revised. She replies much more calmly than she would have when she sent the first draft. She's managed to buy a few packs of Gudang Mild before returning to her store, content just to know they were in her pocket. She seems much less troubled.

Walking back, she thinks about her revisions —
her name as musical notes above the harp; make the face sharper, more mature.

She decides on smaller eyes, cheekbones, a pointier, less button-like nose, and a wider smile. She takes a mental note of these changes as she scrapes the dirt off her feet, and enters the store.

GRANT LOCKE

It had been a while since Grant had the chance to relax. All month long he did nothing but beat deadlines and beat back pushy stakeholders, all while battling his ever constant fatigue with gallons upon gallons of cheap instant coffee. But now the project was finished, all loose ends tied up, and the final products implemented and installed in their proper places.

He was ready to enjoy his well-deserved and hard-earned one week break. "And it starts with a genuine cup of brewed coffee," he said, standing in front of the blue door with a quaint wooden sign hanging above it. Sinclair Cafe. He was always looking for new places to enjoy his drink, and this one happened to be the newest one on the block. With a smile, he turned the doorknob and pushed it open.

The first thing he noticed was the smell. It was a lively scent, bold and full of energy, just how real coffee should be. Then he saw was the splashes of color everywhere, from art supplies to half-finished pieces to eye-catching paintings lining the walls. It was like an art studio and a cafe came together and made something wonderful. Already, Grant was thinking about his next visit here.

But before all that, he had to test something first. He took his seat near the far corner of the cafe, idly noticing the girls talking to each other. Both had brightly-colored hair, and both were frankly easy to look at. It didn't take him long to point out the pink-haired girl as the owner of the place; the paint streaks on her pants helped.

"Excuse me?" he called out to Pink Hair. "I'd like to order a cup of Latte."

This was the test. The cafe was visually appealing with all the right smells. But what about the taste? Grant would find out.

She finishes the second draft for her client, and steps back a bit, exhaling a triumphant breath. Paul, supportive as she was, began to commend her for another job well done. It was strange how quickly they became friends, and how willing Paul was to man the counter. Paul returned to her work on a Tripplo and Red Eye for some very daring customers. As April began to turn back to admire her work, she was surprised by a sudden, but charming "Excuse me?".

April looks over at the man and recognizes something sharp about him — neat, trim, and dare she say, observant. She offers him a smile — habitual, but genuine — after he makes his order, keeping her mental assessment of him brief. She decides she'll make him the coffee herself; she has, after all, just finished her revisions. "Sure, sir, I'll whip one up for you."

Paul was busy bringing the people their coffee. With her cheery mint green, she greets customers with ease, as opposed to the clunky and awkward social interactions April commonly found herself in. However, this
was her store. She helps with the coffee as much as she can.

After carefully washing her hands and arms of ink and paint, she begins with a deftness she's practiced time and time again, making her own cups of coffee over years of fueling her art.
Latte — 2/3 Coffee, 1/3 Milk. She selects a cute blue cup with a matching saucer, carefully pouring the coffee, and then the milk, making the simple, heart-shaped design. She places a teaspoon and sugar heart on the saucer, and goes to serve it to the handsome man at table 5.

((OOC: [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#bfbfbf]@YumenoTsukishiro[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#bfbfbf], is he indeed handsome? :) ) Could you link me to a picture? ♥))

Grant watched Pink Hair with an appreciative eye. She definitely knew her stuff, whipping up the cup of coffee with skill and finesse. And when she walked over, he couldn't help but get distracted by the way her paint-smeared legs moved. When the coffee finally landed on the table, Grant drank in the heavenly scent of milk and coffee mingling together in a dance that tickled his nose. Pink Hair's tastes were evident too, judging from the heart-shaped cream on his coffee and the sugar heart on the side of the saucer. It was a little adorable, to be honest, and he chuckled at the thought.

"Thank you," he said, smiling at her. "It almost seems like such a waste to stir the cup and make the heart go away. So I hope you don't mind if I don't put the sugar heart in right away."

He usually never put sugar in his coffee, but he'd make an exception today. However, that first sip should never be ruined by any additions. And so he brought the blue cup and saucer close, and finally, carefully, took that sip he'd been waiting for all these past three months.

The grin that spread across his face told everything. But he went ahead and said it to Pink Hair anyway. "This is probably the best coffee I've had in a long, long time."

As he receives his coffee, she waits. Waits and watches for his reactions. She finds it pleasant — the quiet laugh, and that soft, kind smile that reaches his lightly bespectacled eyes as he thanks her. He comments about the heart. And how he would use the sugar heart later. She returns the smile, wondering to herself why she's standing there waiting in the first place. But she definitely finds it a little bit strange that a man would be so attentive. It makes her curious.

As she finally sees the telltale smile and hears the verdict, she grins a confident grin, as if there were no doubt in her mind that her coffee was indeed the best. But she acknowledges the statement in a proper way, albeit slightly betraying her arrogant nature. "Thank you. Comes from years of fueling the artistic fire. Then again, you might've just been exposed to some shitty coffee."

She steels herself for a moment, briefly questioning why she has to. Then she takes a risk and smiles her best smile, flashing the entrepreneur-grade pearly whites, and extends a hand. "I'm April. I own the place, but you've probably already noticed that."

He seems to notice a lot of things.

She was certainly pretty, no doubt about that. But the smile she gave him right then proved him wrong. She wasn't just pretty, but... well, something else entirely. It'd be too embarrassing to call her beautiful to her face, that was for sure. So he gave her his best smile, something different from the patronizing one he showed his clients, and took her hand in a firm yet warm handshake. "Hey there, April. My name is Grant. It's a pleasure to meet you."

His hand lingered half a second too long, enjoying the strange mix of softness and callouses on April's hand, before he let go, letting it go back to his coffee cup. "You're right, you know," he started. "I've had nothing but blasted instant coffee for the past three months. I didn't have the time to come to this kind of place and just relax. I'm really glad I came here, and I'm being honest when I say this is the
best coffee I've had in a long while.

"Of course, it helps that the owner is someone as... talented as you," he smiled again.

Grant. She nods, approving of the name.

She remembers she's looked it up before—it meant something like, 'grand', or 'tall'. A quick appraisal and she concludes it suits him. While his actual height is unremarkable, his hair color choice of olive green made him stand out of the crowd, and she found his mindfulness curious and unique. As she came out of her pondering, she noticed him hold her hand slightly longer than most.
Huh. Is this a thing with him?

Thinking little of it, she refocuses on his words, and quietly delights in all the praises. She notes that he's been drinking instant coffee for months. It makes her wonder what on earth he does with his life that would deprive him of the simple joy of brewed coffee. She makes it a point to ask him later.

As he finishes his last compliment, she smiles a little wider, her chin raised. The smugness reaches her eyes where—in others—bashfulness would be. When she speaks again, her tone is a bit more chipper, as though she were waiting for someone to finally notice her prowess. "Thank you, I appreciate that." She looks back at Paul
([/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#bfbfbf]@PaulTercen[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#bfbfbf]), and notices that she's back behind the counter, reading her book. Screw it, I have time.

"So." She begins as she takes the only other seat at the table, "I hope you don't mind me asking, but what do you do, actually? What cruel work would condemn a man to three months of instant coffee?"

April. She's definitely got fire in her. He smiled when she took the seat close to him. One more reason to keep coming back, then.

"What I do? Well, that's a little hard to answer," he took a sip of his coffee, marveling at the simple yet full-bodied taste. "Officially, I'm a project manager. Hire people, approve budgets, make sure everything gets done on time. That last part rarely happens, though. Clients expect everything finished the way the want it, when they want it. And that usually gets in the way of the plan that makes the project work in the first place. With all the conflict going on at the workplace, it's not a surprise that I don't have the time nor the luxury to choose which coffee I drink. Whatever's in the pantry ends up in my work mug. Unfortunately, it's always instant coffee. And there ends the sad story of Grant and his three-month hell."

Harsh, but that was the reality of his job. He ran a hand through his hair, smiling at the person who somehow made his day better in more ways than one. "Sorry for being a little talkative. It just felt like I had to get that agonizing story off my chest. But that's not really the end of it. See, my last project just ended yesterday, and I'm on a week-long break before I get to tackle a new one. So basically I'm on vacation... with a catch."

He stopped right there, enjoying another sip of delicious coffee, letting the silence fall between them.
I wonder how long it'll take her to ask?

"What I do? Well, that's a little hard to answer,"

She props a chin on a palm, her elbow on the table, showing her interest. He goes on to describe the details of his work—mostly complaints about bitchy clients—his experiences so familiar, it makes her laugh. Then he explains how the endless hassle of his projects have forced him into instant-coffee purgatory for three months, the story earning him a sympathetic headshake and sigh. April couldn't imagine coming out of a month of endless commissions without even a drop of her favorite black brew. She marvels at how he survived.

"So basically I'm on vacation... with a catch." She nods solemnly, and takes advantage of the moment of silence to gather her thoughts. At this distance, she could see how his face mildly affirms his claims—lack of sleep, from the subtle dark around his eyes, and small worry lines between his eyebrows from looming deadlines. He's one of those people—a corporate workhorse. She's always been impressed by their grit, balancing their lives with the commotion of work that she's always found toxic.

"So you barely have time for anything else, huh? No girlfriend? Or—" She grins and dares a tiny jab at him. "—
boyfriend?"

Alright, April's last question nearly had him choking on his coffee. But Grant Locke was a person who thrived under unexpected circumstances. He held the coffee him, coughed a little, then smiled at the daring girl who asked him that question from out of the blue. "Yep. I barely have time to read my books. I have a huge backlog at home, I don't know where to start. Now that I'm free, I'm looking forward to reading through the Mistborn trilogy. And I definitely don't have time for a girlfriend. Though I wouldn't mind having to worry about someone like that."

He looked straight at April as he said that. She really was eye-catching, with those blue eyes, pink hair, and self-assured smirk. There was no way guys would pass up the opportunity to ask her out if they could. That she could whip up a heavenly cup of coffee was a major plus in Grant's book. But no, it wouldn't work out even if he tried. He'd be back at work soon enough, and he wouldn't have time to bother with anything else.

Well, he should just enjoy the free time that he had. And thay included getting back at April for her little jab. "How about you, then?" he asked, grinning. "Do you have that special someone?"

She grins a conceited grin, thoroughly enjoying this exchange.

"You're looking at her."

She finds it refreshing that someone finally humored her little wisecracks—she was never really one for basic pleasantries. The jab accomplished two things: confirming that this Grant person was indeed straight (as evidenced by the heavily suppressed choke), and establishing that he was single because of the nature of his work. Just as some people aren't accustomed to long hours with little to no rest, most can't adapt to being in a relationship with said workaholic humans.

She wasn't sure she could either.
But I wouldn't mind him coming back.

"But no, seriously," she continues, "I'm... a little bit bi." She offers him a sly smile, pausing to give him some time to grasp what the statement implies. "But, weird thing, I've never...
officially been in a relationship." She shifts uncomfortably, with a subtle longing sigh, gaze loitering over her shop and its patrons. "You might've already figured why. I'm not exactly the most... agreeable fish in the sea."

She shifts again, smiling and looking at him directly, physically resetting herself into a lighter conversation. "But I digress. You're a high-fantasy guy? Not that I've ever read Mistborn—just sounds very Lord of the Rings. I'm a poetry girl myself—novels are a little too intimate."

((I need to keep this in mind... I seriously adore your art and would love to have you draw something for me. Just need to wait until I get paid... (':3)))

'Very subtle topic change,' Grant smiled as he put the cup down, noting how Pink Hair's smile tugged at something in his chest. He was used to this kind of diversion; he'd seen it enough in her little sister whenever she tried getting away with something. 'Right, I won't let you off that easily, Miss April.'

"Mistborn, Lord of the Rings, The Name of the Wind, just to name a few," he said, counting the titles on his fingers. "Yeah, I'm an avid reader of high-fantasy. Gives me something to look forward to on the few precious hours I get to myself. Heh, makes me sound like a geek, doesn't it?"

Though he wouldn't deny it, if pressed. Grant Locke was a geek through and through. He wasn't ashamed of admitting he had the complete collection of Tolkien's works back in his pad, but he
was a little scared of how April would react. Girls generally didn't go for guys who spent all their free time on reading. That was the other reason why he hadn't had a chance to talk to a girl these past three months.

Until April.

"But really," Grant started, catching April in his gaze. It was time to turn the tables. "A pretty girl whips up a mean cup of coffee, paints about a hundred times better than I do, and likes poetry. I don't know about you, but I don't think she's a bad catch at all."

And smile. Perfect.

She smiles back without a tinge of embarrassment, accepting more of these out-of-the blue compliments. Why does the man do this? To catch her off-guard? She wonders. Then her mind turns its attention to the information he's just given: how he loves to read high-fantasy novels on his off days. And how he thinks that makes him a geek.

"Thank you. That's sweet."
Unfortunately, painting and coffee don't do much by other people. She decides to stop there before she starts pitying herself. Her mind had a way of twisting good things into weaponized self-loathing. Directing the conversation away from a painfully obvious chink in her armor, she continues: "And you know, despite that little high-fantasy quirk you have there, I'd think you're a catch too.

"Though, you know it's a little sad you think you're a geek." She says, with a glint in her eye, and a hint of condescension. "Reading high-fantasy novels technically makes you a
bookworm. Not a geek. I, however—"

She pulls a demure keychain out of her front pants' pocket. She lays it down on the table, plain for him to see. Attached to the ring of a sparse number of keys, hanging to a short chain by a carefully drilled hole was a small, vintage
PS1 Memory Card.

"—am."

The sight of that Memory Card brought back flashes of sepia-toned memories. Grant saw himself back when he was a child, back when his greatest worry was getting the game disk to work on his second-hand PlayStation 1 console. That long moment of agony between the white-themed screen and the black one... And then there was the Memory Card to worry about. Grant chuckled, remembering that one time when he and his sister fought over their sole Memory Card, right before tragedy struck.

Grant let out a low whistle. "Wow, that brings back a lot of memories. Literally. I've had about two of those a couple of decades back. I was one of those kids who begged my folks to get me that console the moment it came out, y'know? If you don't mind," he picked up the Memory Card in his hand, feeling the hard plastic beneath his fingers. "Yeah, just like the one I have at home. Sadly, the other one fell down the toilet after my sister and I bickered over who gets the last save slot. Silly, isn't it?"

He set the Card down on the table, turning a sly smile at Pink Hair. "So you'd think I'm a catch, eh? Speaking of catches, I never did explain the catch in my vacation. See, I'm free to take the next project that comes my way, or drop it altogether and find a new job."

Grant glanced around the cafe, from its paintings, to the art supplies scattered everywhere, to Green Hair serving the other customers, and finally to April, with her paint-stained pants and blue eyes. "I think I'll go work somewhere with a decent cup of coffee."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back