• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Silverbell Few: Characters

_Line 213

| || || | __

Sheet in the spoiler. Please wait for approval before posting in the IC thread.

My name is...

[name]

I am a...

[race]

I look like...

[appearance. Skippable if you put a picture somewhere, of course.]

The number of summers I have seen is...

[age]

I have been told that I act...

[personality]

So far, my life has gone as follows...

[history / upbringing]

And my worldly goals are...

[motivations]

With me, I carry the following...

[inventory]

My craft is...

[Warrior, battlemage, bard, woodsman, thief, slacker...]

My weapon(s) of choice is / are...

[Bow, staff, dagger, sword, lute, cooking pan...]

And as such, I fight like so...

[fighting style]

And possess the following skills...

[important non-combat abilities]

Last edited:

7LfhGSD.jpg
My name is...

Olomo the Quite Small

I am an...

Usofii

Twenty-Two.

With great cheer and fussiness, mayhaps to the point of annoying certain others. Yet, all the while, it seems that this may not be a bad thing in its entirety, seeing as nearly all members of any given group likely desire at least some amount of happiness here and there, yes? Surely, such positivity could not be entirely unwanted.

At the beginning of it all, I spent my life in the smallest of small towns, one inhabited nigh entirely by my own family, close and extended. Seeing as we are, for the most part, a family of explorers, it became only natural that I would one day be called upon to continue the family tradition. Along with several of the others my age, I learned various sorts of magic and miracles from my father, before he saw me fit enough to venture out into the world on my own. Whilst the others of my generation decided upon a myriad of various adventuring crafts, I decided I would rather begin with something far more simple, say, mapmaking. However, I must confess that I lacked a certain amount of confidence in such a venture, and so it was that I decided to seek out one of those budding adventurer's groups that the realm has played host to in recent years. I cannot say it was my intent from the beginning to happen upon the Silverbell Few, but most of me hopes that that such will prove to be a moment of luck-filled serendipity.

Verily, to map as much of the realm as I can.

Many maps, a selection of encyclopedias, a drafting kit, surveying gear, a pouch of coin, extra clothes, a spare Gapstone or two, rations, rope, and a bedroll.

My craft is...

That of a Mage and Mapmaker.

My weapon of choice is...

The staff my father gave me.

With spells, mostly; perhaps a swing of the staff here and there. Though not all that well, I'm afraid.

Environmental awareness, navigation, and draftsmanship.

Last edited by a moderator:

My name is Kauri the light footed.

I am a Usofii.

I look small with long ears and short, grey fur. I am slim with little muscle on me. I wear a large, floppy hat with a long, thin white feather and a brown cloak that nearly reaches the floor.

The number of summers I have seen is twenty.

I have been told that I act with care and thoughtfulness however I often spend too much time daydreaming and frequently lose contact with the real world. I also often do not make my self heard when perhaps I should and often avoid social situations and shy away from conflict.

So far my life has gone as follows...

I grew up as the son of a librarian and as such received an extensive education from my father and the books that surrounded me in my childhood and was trained in the ways of magic by a family friend. My mother was a traveling merchant and so was usually away from home and subsequently me but those few time she was home and the times she took me out to see the world were my fondest memories and inspired by the stories she told of her journeys I longed to explore the world and travel the lands. As such when I grew of age I set of to see the world and hopefully do some good along the way. With my parents permission of course and only on the condition that a send a letter whenever I'm in a town.

And my worldly goals are to explore the world and have unique experiences and adventures.

With me I carry some basic drawing and writing equipment, my favourite books, my pouch with all the coin I could get, spare clothes, a couple gapstones, a lanturn, rations, a bedroll and of course the most important piece of equipment: a good piece of rope.

My craft is a Mage and an author.

My weapon of choice is the staff my grandfather made me for me seventh birthday.

And as such I fight from afar casting spells and staying mobile and when necessary taking a swing at opponents with my staff to give me room to retreat.

Drawing, writing, cooking, dancing and jumping.

My name is...

Qon Map

I am a...

Kho

I look like...

latest

(Replace hair/eyes and skin color with a typical Kho Phenology)

Well-mannered and appropriate. I encourage social interactions, and I'm more than willing to begin trade deals during informal events.

All my youth, my father wanted a son, so he trained me in the craft of trade, while encouraging me to act masculine. It wasn't long until my feminine aspects developed, and my father ostracized me from the family. However, I took to the streets alone, with a goal of earning enough money to earn the respect of my father. I've meant a variety of unique individuals on my travels, but I long to return home, once I acquire a worthy enough fortune.

Earning a huge sum of gold, and father's approval.

Coins, Bed mat, Food, Map, Compass, Torches, Rope, Guitar, and Gapstones.

My craft is...

Merchant.

Whip, Short Sword, and a Buckler.

Weaken my enemy with a whip before finishing them off with a sword slice.

Guitar Mastery, Vocal Mastery, Economics, and Charisma.

My name is...

Rowin Sanate

I am a...

Human

I look like...

Rowin.jpg

With all the mannerisms expected of a knight; Kind, courteous, and willing to put my life in danger for a good enough cause. Still, people who really know me especially my friends back home know I have a short temper. I don't like taking no for an answer, and anyone who'd dare disrespect my god rarely lives to tell the tale. Although they'd also say that as a follower of Raften, my vigilance against disbelievers is only natural.

I was born in a small village named Verick surrounded in deep forests, and thus closed off from the rest of the world. During my childhood I helped my parents on their farm, it was long and hard work but I loved every moment of it. Spending so much time with my parents and seeing the happy faces of our neighbors as we gave them our crops was absolutely incredible. That was until I reached the age of 14, a few of our village scouts reported spotting several strange black creatures roaming the land. They were said to scatter as soon as any light was used to reveal them, and that their numbers were seemingly multiplying with each day. These reports quickly spread around the town like wildfire, it wasn't long before people began losing hope and made plans to evacuate the town. Unfortunately, they'd never get the chance to.

Only about a week after the initial sighting and the creatures attacked. At the dead of night when the most of us had our guards down. The creatures quickly destroyed and murdered everything they could see. I remember waking up to my mother's panicked face as my father watched the door anxiously. I knew what was happening and wanted to help my parents defend our home, but my mom refused. She forced me into the basement before locking the door and telling me "Your father and I love you Rowin, whatever happens, don't ever forget that. Now I need you to sit here and be quiet, we'll come to get you when this is all over". At the time I didn't quite understand the severity of the situation. It didn't dawn on me that my parents would die that night, nor that those would be the last words we shared together. It felt like an eternity passed, but I eventually heard a loud crashing sound from above me, quickly followed by the sounds of my father yelling something. A few minutes later and everything went silent. As if everything had suddenly stopped and was peaceful. Try as I might I couldn't hear a single sound coming from the city. It made me feel hopeful that my parents made it but as the minutes became hours I worried no one was out there. I tried to open it myself, but there was something heavy on top of the door and I simply couldn't muster the strength to force the door open. It took over a day before I finally heard a banging sound from above the basement. I expected it to be coming from my parents but when the door finally swung open I saw a Kho woman on the other end.

She explained to me that she was one of Tolemac's knights sent here to help against the umbrals. She lamented that she was unfortunately too late in this endeavor and that I was the only one she managed to save. At the time I didn't care much for anything she had to tell me. I blamed her for not coming sooner, I blamed her for my city being destroyed, and most importantly I blamed her for the death of my parents. Atrea felt horrible for what had happened but there wasn't much she could do to redeem it. She took me to the great city of Tolemac (a neutral city famed for it's religious tolerance) where I stayed at the great temple of Tolemac for a few days. It was hard to cope with the loss of my parents, but I knew that crying wasn't going to bring them back. My only choice now was to help prevent this from ever happening to other people. I soon found Atrea and told her I wanted to become a knight like herself. She happily agreed and had me inducted that same day.

The city of Tolemac revolves around religion, and it's knights are no different. Each of them goes through a rite of passage known as the harrowing. During this aspiring knights are locked into a small room without any lights and left there for days on end. There they are to open their mind to any deities of the world and wait for one to chose them as their champion. It took me 32 hours to find my god, but eventually, I found him. Raften, a lesser known waygod. It is believed that he was once a peasant fisherman, who spent more time with a cup of ale in his hand than a fishing reel. One day a great dragon descended upon his village and demanded they offer him several sacrifices in exchange for him sparing the rest. However, Raften refused to give the dragon what he wanted. He fed the dragon several pieces of fish coated in ale. While the dragon was far too greedy to notice the flavor it wasn't long until he was intoxicated and barely able to form coherent sentences. It was then that raften cut the dragon a deal. It would supply the dragon with endless fish if he left the rest of the city alone. The dragon agreed and Raften became a symbol that anyone can be a hero with a little bit of ingenuity.

For the next few years,I lived under Atrea's wing. As I slowly grew in maturity Atrea began growing more and more distant. She told me that Knights of Tolemac were few, and we were expected to spread out as much as possible in search of evil. Now a days the only contact we have is occasional mail we send to each other. I, Like the rest of the 20 or so knights have been wandering the world helping those in need and aiding in the fight against evil whenever it's needed.

I want to protect people and make a name for myself.

A few journals, a lantern, rope, medical bandages, rations, A fish shaped Gapstone around my neck and my trusty horse Elda

My craft is...

Most people would consider me a paladin.

My weapon(s) of choice is/are...

Sword and Shield

Empowering myself and allies with magic, while combining both offense and defense with my sword and shield.

Knowledge of various religions, Diplomacy, and the ability to naturally detect auras of evil and good.

Last edited:
[SIZE=21pt]My name is...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Eucolid Arik of Claven Clan[/SIZE]

[SIZE=21pt]I am a...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]MidKin (Human)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=21pt]I look like...[/SIZE]

IMG_0775.PNG

[SIZE=21pt]The number of summers I have seen is...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]23[/SIZE]

[SIZE=21pt]I have been told that I act...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Rash at times...I am curious and a bit hot tempered, but that is if a person crossing my path is rude or something summons my ire. Truly though, I am understanding and grounded, I will defend my beliefs however I am not to headstrong to take in knowledge when I am ignorant. Loyalty is my creed and if a favor is given to me, I will show my gratitude until that deed is repaid. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=21pt]So far, my life has gone as follows...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Brought up in the Claven clan, a nomadic tribe of blacksmith’s and tradesmen, Eucolid was born to a warm mother and stern yet loving father, she was sister to a boy name of Tihrik Orein, the men in this tribe would take on the mother’s naming while the girl’s would receive the paternal naming. She was a boisterous child, venturing from the collective most times, she was a curious child, that seemed to stay with her, she would often explore and deviate from lectures to prowl near by spaces. The Claven Clan were nomadic, roaming from city to city and land to land, not venturing into too many Kho ruins though, they kept to the mostly Midkin populated places, those locations they would sell and offer up goods and services.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Euloid’s father, Kore, hearty and warm, was a blacksmith by training from his father and forefathers, her mother Sopalid, educated and wise, was a glass maker. Both did well in providing, both were necessities in towns they traveled to, however they did not linger too long, until one town captured their intrigue, it was a small place on the edge of a thick black forest. Eucolid’s parents liked the spirituality of the place, it wasn’t as thick as most other towns and hardly any wealthy stayed there, it was humble, like her parents. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Growing up to the age of eight as a nomad and then to settle into a town was not a hard transition for the girl, her brother seemed to take an immediate liking to it. Eucolid however, couldn’t shake that adventurous streak, it seemed once they settled into a quaint home in the town, she would disappear from time to time, this child of 9 would not obey the lectures given to her by her mother, she would rather wander through the ebony stained sea of trees, however much her father would scold her she would simply keep to her ways.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Once, the child wandered into the darkness of the nearby wood around midday after her mother’s lecture had ended, her brother stayed behind in the workshop helping their father with polishing and buffing weapons and armor. The child clambered through the darkness seeking traces of the sun somewhere in this dense ebony, her rambunctious actions had gotten the better of her this day, she had lost her footing and fallen into a ditch, a stone sliced her leg and the child wept. The thick darkness seemed to suffocate her sobbing and her cries did not echo. As the child looked out into an unwavering void she heard something, it was soft and curious, a ghostly tone. “...Midkin...be silent…” immediately the child hushed her voice, her eyes went wide while a shiver vibrated down her back. “..Leave this wood…” the voice announced to the quivering child, her tears began again as she began to stand but the throbbing in her leg stung, her knees buckled and she fell back down into a burst of tears. “...What ails you….child?...” Through broken breaths she spoke, “..M-my leg hurts….an-and I can not see…” The ghostly voice was silent, but suddenly the child noticed a rather faint glow from her leg and the pain subsided a the yellowing light danced on her leg. The glow soon left her, but another appeared, it illuminated faintly but a trail was made leading away from the dark at her back. “...Follow it, midkin…” The child rose and to her elation it no longer ached, she saw the way and began to follow before stopping short, turning she smiled, although in that darkness nothing was seen but the dimly illuminated path. “Are you a god?” The child waited eagerly for a response but no answer came, the silence did not break for several minutes and she waited no longer, the child followed the illuminated path and after each step each marked place dissipated, leaving no trace of the path at her back. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]After that day the child returned to the forest most days, the darkness she ventured into grew longer and longer each outing, but each time she would find an illuminated path out of the thick wood, perhaps these waygods found whimsy in this midkin, Eucolid never found out, although her ventures continued she was always the only one with a voice….the girl did not give up, she was stubborn.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The summers turned to winters and winters to spring, as the seasons changed, so did the girl into a young woman, although most of her days were spent out and about venturing to the edge of town in the thick woods, some days she drifted out of town with her mother or father to sell their wears in lean seasons, an ever present drawback in being rooted . Eucolid had seen fourteen winters when her mother passed of fever, that was the longest season she had endured, though through that turbulent change she still found solace marching into the woods, not as often though, with her mother gone, Eucolid and her brother would need to work with their father to fill the loss in income. Though she was absent for most lectures, she did make use of the lessons her mother taught of glass making, and in that time she had taken to the skill rather well, she also had keen talent with her father’s blacksmith, the girl was well rounded, her brother though took more to his mother’s lectures. The blacksmith would also come to teach the two the ways of traveling, its perils and prizes, in doing so, he learned the two in protection, defensive skills mostly and magic use, and when they had grasped the knowledge, he gave them each a weapon, the boy took up his mother’s sword, while Eucolid would take up her father’s twin war hammers, they were gruff and worn but their sterling steel gleamed so brilliantly with their melded gapstone ripped handles and poised heads.  When the boy came of age he was marked with his mother’s symbol and the symbols of the clan, after that he left home to make his own way. Two winters had passed after that time, and Eucolid had been marked in the previous year, she had left home to venture and make her way. It was immeasurable how free the young woman felt, though her curiosity made some rather tight predicaments, she would explore Kho ruins most times, taking up tattered remnants to sell after she tweaked and polished them to the best of her abilities. During her escapades she would find gapstones, two of which she kept for herself, those ventures stopped short though, she would soon return home to an ailing father. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Returning home she found the man frail and unable to work, but she was more than able to work in his place, it was short lived though, her father soon joined her mother. Eucolid was silent for the next few seasons, although on weary evenings and somber mornings she would find herself venturing into the thick woods again, she found the quiet relaxing, a lantern was now her illuminated path in and out of the woods, she would breach the dank setting with the amber glow and find her way to new patches in the woods. In one particular section though, the lantern would die out almost instantly, on numerous occasions this happened but the young woman took it as wind. One day though, she caught onto what was happening, the young woman ventured into the wood and as soon as she turned the lantern brighter it was snuffed out, she then used gapstone she had worked into a ring, a fame illuminated and just as quickly it too was blown out. Again she drew the flame, and again it was extinguished, this continued until a voice broke the cycle. “Midkin! Cease!” a voiced announced, “ Eucolid gasped, “Again you come here with your light...and again I try to send you away! Be gone girl!” The voice proclaimed, “...Why can I not take in this silence as you do?” she asked, “ You bring end with your selfishness….your flame girl!” The words made her pause and she made the fire disappear. “..Are you a waygod?” she asked, “...I am what I am, midkin…Now leave this place..” Eucolid did not move, “Please...May I stay?...I seek reprieve in your woods.” “From what child…?” Eucolid paused, “..These lonesome seasons…”. “...Midkin need other midkin…” The voice stopped and the young woman felt discarded, “..Though..you may use these woods as you will...I am not their keeper…” She felt a sudden elation,and  from then on the young woman visited the woods and the ghostly voice that resided there, in that time though the voice did not remain silent, it began to speak and engage with the midkin that visited. The seasons began to change again and the time seemed to fly as the young woman grew fond of the entity, she still made her living, but it was more stationary now that she worked from the forge. Although she was tied to the town the young woman would venture out into the wood when she finished her work and talk with the waygod. It too seemed fond of her too, in the seasons that came it would come to increase her knowledge of magic and give deeper meanings of what it was, though she was still naive to whom taught her these things, as she grew with the waygod it gave her gifts, on one occasion she received a gapstone moderately imbued with ice, and on the second occasion she was left another gapstone also charged with ice. Upon asking where it retrieved the stones the waygod was silent, but she was still curious, and so she ventured deep into the woods, deeper than she had ever gone, there she found a Gapstone, a huge stone hollowed out almost like a wall with a window, the waygod old her of the magic within this stone. The young woman was mesmerized by their words and the lore behind the stone, “Will you teach me more about them?”, “Child...that I can not, for the knowledge that I know is all my kin had taught me...the ones who embraced such knowledge are all but stories now…” Eucolid paused, “ Then tell me more of them?..” she asked, “..That I can not...midkin...in the days to come I will be no more” The young midkin was puzzled, “..What? What do you mean?” The voice spoke no more, ..”[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Leave this place, child….and do not come back...and child, because you showed kindness to me...so shall I to your kind….Now go.” [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]The voice was more distant than it had ever been, in the night that followed a storm shook the town and the lightening that struck through had caught the wood of the forest, and a wild fire began to rage. In that time though as the flames engulfed the rain and wood and darkness of the thick trees the fire did not leave the edge of the forest. As the townspeople stood in horrified awe they rejoiced and prayed to the waygod that saved them, only Eucolid would be grief stricken by the sight, it seemed a protective spell kept the flames contained and in the morning even when the forest was but ash, it still remained. That day Eucolid had nothing else to keep her in the town, and so the young woman having spent eighteen winters in this town packed up and left, only a lingering look at the cinder remnants of the forest kept her, but only for a moment. She then left the town to travel and follow her nomadic roots and her curious questions. [/SIZE]

TL;DR: Basically kid is a nomadic blacksmith and she's looking to learn lore

[SIZE=21pt]And my worldly goals are...[/SIZE]

To learn the hidden wonders of this world and the deep lore that binds us all.

[SIZE=21pt]With me, I carry the following...[/SIZE]

A pack that usually holds my provisions, navigation tools and mending kits, it also carries my mother's glass blowing tools and my father's traveling forging tools.

Two War hammers, one usually bond to my hip and one in hand

My mother's pipe (I took up her vice)

My five gapstones, each with its own place

[SIZE=21pt]My craft is...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Blacksmith and glass maker[/SIZE]

[SIZE=21pt]My weapon(s) of choice is / are...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Twin war hammers[/SIZE]

Magic with gapstones

[SIZE=21pt]And as such, I fight like so...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Usually defensive, I am a nomad and craftswoman, so I don't try to get in to many quarrels, but when necessary I will take the offensive. I have learned to fight with and without magic using my hammers, on my left hand I wear the gapstone of fire and on my right I use one of ice, the hammers will take on the ambiance from either stone, in it I need, I will wield a war hammer of fire or ice, or both. If I an in dire need I can twist the two together to make an elongated dual headed hammer, but I have only learned to use one magic at a time with that...if I ever use it again. [/SIZE]

I have fastened my other two gapstones of ice to my bootstraps, it's a clever way to slide past an enemy or to walk on water if need be, but it really helps to evade attackers

[SIZE=21pt]And possess the following skills...[/SIZE]

Mending worn or broken weapons or armor, or most metal or stone objects, able to make weapons (when at a forge), able to make glass in most forms( when at a forge), hunting

My name is...

Aspen Westwood

I am a...

Midkin

b3b188495fac3841591bca7b75b3e484.wix_mp_1024

Twenty-five.

Kind and gentle to those who treat the forest and its inhabitants with the proper respect they deserve. Those who seek to tamper with the forest, however, will quickly learn that the wolves do not take kindly to them. Nor do I, but I'm not what chases them away.

My earliest memory is of a small encampment in the midst of a forest. I have lived here all my life. It's forest with a high concentration of druidic magic, as my father explained to me. My father was always there for me, for as long as I can remember. He took me to this special place in the forest, a lake which was, and is, situated less than half a mile away from our encampment. He was the one who taught me about the beauty of nature.

My father's held his gapstone in his right hand, and held out his left index finger. A bee landed on it. My eyes widened as I remembered being stung by one before. He smiled. "Aspen, do not be afraid. A bee's sting is nothing compared to what it gives the world." He pointed to a flower, and the bee flew off. "They're a big reason that we have so much beauty in the world." I'll never forget all of the lessons my father had taught me. Him and the others taught me the importance of using the land to survive. They taught me how to grow crops, and even accelerate their growth with the help of magic. He explained to me what a gapstone was and what it did, as well.

One day, not long after explaining what it was, he handed the gapstone to me. "I think you're ready." He instructed me to use it to call a wolf over. It only took me a minute to figure out as the stone glowed a faint green and a wild dog ran up to me and stopped short at my feet. It sat on the dirt, and looked up at me. My father was so proud. He congratulated me, and cut down a branch from an tree a few miles away from our home. He presented it to me, explaining to me that it was made from an Aspen branch, the tree which I shared my name with. He helped me attach the gapstone to it, and voila, I had my weapon of choice that I still use today.

I have lived with my father and our tribe of outlanders ever since. The wilds are definitely where I feel the safest and most at home, and every day I can feel my bond with the forest grow stronger.

To preserve the world's life force, and nature itself.

My aspen staff with gapstone affixed to it, a pouch containing various herbs, a sickle mainly used for harvesting crops and cutting through forage.

My craft is...

Druid, farmer.

A staff made out of Aspen wood. A green gapstone with druidic ruins inscribed on its surface is affixed to the end of the staff.

I can call animals to my aid, and even shapeshift into different forms resembling the forest's inhabitants. With the gapstone, I can call larger animals. Without it, however, I am only able to call small to mid size animals.

Medicine, Herbalism, the ability to communicate with plants and animals.​

Last edited:

My NAME!

CAMLEN IRONHEILD

I am a...

HOOMAN

I look like...

85015871ca7fcbb7c047dbf1afcfe11a.jpg

(Hazelnut brown hair, five o'clock shadow. youthful amber eyes, 6 foot and a half, almost a giant of a man with lean dense muscles. Usually wearing a well crafted steel breastplate over green leather armor, which also doubles as a hooded cloak)

TWENTY FOUR

LOUD, BLUNT, UNCOUTH, UNREFINED AND BRASH. I MUCHLY HIGHLY DISAGREE THOUGH HOWEVER! I JUST DON'T HAVE TIME FOR PLAYING WITH WORDS LIKE SOME TWIG-BUTTED HALF ASSED NOBLE. IF YOU GOT SOMETHING TO SAY, JUST SAY IT.

SOME SAY I ASK TOO MUCH QUESTIONS... .But others, my friends... they'd once saided I would've given up myself for them. I wish that was the true..

(administrators note: The applicant seems to have a rather unique, albeit crude way of expressing himself upon questioning. Despite that, he gains an almost decent mastery of the spoken language when speaking about personal and close-to-heart issues)

I... rather not say about it... but if I must.

(tl;dr - Townguard was one of two survivors of a disastrous battle to protect civilians. Was accused of dissertation but eventually cleared of any wrong-doing. Lost of motivation until his father encouraged him to take time off and see the world.)

I grew up in the City of Firshire, of the domain of Kannus. Son of Manus Steelhart, though now I know tis' not by blood; that be a story for anothu'r time. Father was the greatest smith in all of Firshire, it don't matter what others may say. He did it with a passion I saw in nay one else! T'was the same for Mother, the greatest cook to ever live! Mother's rabbit stew potpie was so good, I bet it would make even them wild bunnies love it! I love them both, as much as I enjoyed their trade. But I wished for something more. Like all other youths who grew up in this land, never none of us nay heard of the stories of ole'. Of the Lost Rangu`r o' Firshire! Aye Queen Amalia's, Lameshta bless her, bestest warriors are them rangers from the legend's namesake! I wanted to be one of 'em, so I knew I had to find a way somehow.

I joined the Townwatch, cause our lands are huge, and not every problem is a Ranger problem they say; still need them grunts for grimy work. I was but fifteen summers! They let me in for a good three months before realizing I was still barely a lad! HEH! By that time, they'd gotten used to me and saw no reason to turn me away. I guess being big 'as its advantages! I trained in the morns and evenins, and ran for miles over yonder hills under the sun while the others rested. They said to be a ranger yer got to be fast! I knew I was strong. I could best many a watchman in a friendly brawl. So I knew I had to be faster. I finally got my uniform on my sixteenth summer!

Our rangers do much to keep our lands free from evil, But those up ter' no good will always find a way, too many gapstone ruins for smelly bandits to stink. So it was that on my twenty third summer, I was leading my patrol keeping them roads safe when we found them bandit tracks. It was late in the aft, when we crept up to their encampment. Though we were fewer, the lads agreed that a good bandit asskicking would be great for building up appetite before we headed home fer supper. A good ole' kicking was what we gave, though I must admit we were too hasty and nearly got one of us done in too. A deep gash across Brad's shoulder could've easily cut 'ees jugular and that would've shurly been the sounding block for the rest of us. Nevertheless, we won that fight without the worse for wear and was on our way 'ome.

We were still quite a ways from the nearest outpost when Neil spotted the stricken merchant caravan. Poor miserable souls had managed to crack the wheels of one of them carts upon a rock. The lads were tired and weary from battle, but there was no way we could leave the caravan alone. Not when we were still so close to the Everautumn woods. Word has been going round the Townwatch that a bunch of huge dire wolves been stalking the place; hungry rabid beasts turned into hulking monstrosities by them gapstone magics. Guess the caravan did nay' get the memo. We hurried on and reached the Merchant Sire just as the first of the howls drifted through the forest. I told the Sir to abandon his cargo and come with, as he was traveling with his family and several barely armed attendants. Ee refused to budge and instead ordered us to stand guard with him till they could fix their broken cart. My lads were tired, without having to deal with such stupidity, but what choice did we have?

The fat Merchant Sir had delayed long enough. Bristling mountains of gnashing teeth descended upon us like the dark of night and we were helpless in the open. Each direwolf was easily the size of a full grown bear, and it was just me and four other battle weary guards. We tried our best, I swear we did but one by one, we were torn apart. Poor lads. I thought we were done for, my sword was nearly broke in two from having to cleave into thick direwolf bone. My best bud ripped into pieces before my eyes, the sound of his denting armor and crunching bones grated against my teeth as I kept the merchant and his young daughter behind me. I wanted to protect them all... it was but a stupid wish. They were all already dead. My eyes met with the blue orbs of the young girl for but an instant. Purest innocence about to be snuffed out because of her father's foolish greed. Something clicked at that moment and I felt my blood turn to fire. I... do not remember what happened then...

When I came to, there were shouts and the heart wrenching screams of a girl. The scene around me was lit by torches of men. I could barely see through the blood that clung to my eyelids, but I recognized the masks and long gapstone bows. One of the rangers approached me and knelt in front of a figure I recognized as the Merchant, bleeding profusely from a wound in his neck. As the ranger crouched lower, the Merchant struggled to lift an accusatory finger in my direction. Despite choking on his own lifeblood, he managed to spit out his hate. "Y-You... wanted to RUN!" A numbing weariness had begun to overtake me, but just before the darkness clouded my vision, I saw the ranger glance in my direction. Though he wore a mask, I could see his eyes. I was a disappointment.

Though my name was eventually cleared of any wrong doing, after months of investigation, I no longer felt worthy of being part of the Townwatch. I did manage to get over the incident, though the ranger's piercing judgement still haunted my sleep. It was then that Father suggested I take some time off, to set out on my own. Find my path again. Though grudging at first, I began to see the wisdom of his words.

To become a Ranger of Firshire.

Protect those I love.   Couldn't do that either...

To find my place.

Traveling supplies, coin pouch, stone-sculpturing tool.

My craft is...

Warrior - Tank

BOOMING VOICE, RAUCOUS TAUNTING, A STRONG ARM, a huge heirloom shield (see pic) with a large gapstone (which I don't know how to work) embedded in the middle, a steel longsword sheathed at the side, Purpose (a large Greatsword which was Father's gift, his greatest work yet) carried on the back with the shield, and a hunting knife.
ce8ee0610b33d0de85c43eeec8494932.jpg

I spew obscenities at the enemy, taunting them into attacking me with reckless abandon. I may not have the swiftest blade, but I can take all of your hits and more. Then I'll get you when you're tired out.

Basic smithing, phenomenal cooking, stone-sculpturing, cussing, the ability to troll trolls, talking foul about your great grandmother.

My name is...

Silverplate, or the Wandering Armor as I've heard others call me. Or simply Silver.

I am a...

Nil

I look like...

5c8145186a560eb016a4ee5e604bc8c7.jpg

Fifty-six, but it has only been twenty-three years since I have witnessed my first rising sun.

Strangely and... disturbing at times. That is to be expected of my race, isolated from the rest of the Kin as we are. I also believe being a talking suit of armor may explain why people tend to run at the sight of me. Despite my stature, I am very inquisitive, and of a curious nature. I will stop and gaze at a flower I've never seen before, point at a bird singing on a tree branch, or stop someone in the middle of the road to ask about their wares. Apparently that last one frightens people. I can no longer count the number of times I've had to calm people down after they've drawn their weapons. I'd prefer words to placate them, but if force is necessary then I always endeavor not to harm them too much.

My first memory was of darkness. But I was not afraid of it. There was comfort in the soothing shadows of the greenwood, cradled in the harmony of a thousand hearts and minds. Soon enough I joined in the wordless song, faltering at first, before finding the trail of notes and following after them like everyone had before me. It was a wonderful life. A happy life. The darkness was my home. The shadows were my people. I felt the energy of the world with my entire being and I sang to the beat of the land's bounty, each pulse bringing me to a crescendo. If I could sing this song until the end of time, then I would be content.

And then one day, after years that felt like moments, I started picking up stories from the travelers that passed thorugh our home. I learned of the War, the Kho, and the destruction they wrought. I heard of the near extinction of my people, how the Pact saved us from destruction, and our legacy as a race hidden within this place they call the Deepglow. But most intriguing of all were the stories of faraway places, kingdoms and villages, castles and towns, ruins and temples filled with treasure and memories and the different complexities of the world. I still felt happy singing the song of the Nil, even though my notes rang with the subtlety of curiosity.

Curiosity turned to thoughts turned to dreams turned to longing. It was longing that ruined me. I could no longer sing the song in harmony with the shadows beneath the trees. They know this. They feel it. They see how the lands beyond the Deepglow tug at the depths of my being. I know the dangers of the Bright, as Shrosen -- Shadow bless him -- had warned us. But I could no longer resist the call of the lands beneath the Bright. They could no longer trust me to sing in full harmony the way I was. And so they led me to the heart of the Deepglow, presenting to me a relic of times past. A silver suit of armor that pulsed with the same energy as that of the world. Only a smidgen of apprehension made me hesitate, but the pull at my being helped me overcome.

There was enough room in the armor for me. All at once I was flooded with sensation. Understanding grew quick in me, having watched how the rest of the Kin moved. It was liberating. I was no longer part of the shadows beneath the trees, and yet they were still my family. My home. Wind rustling in the trees whispered to me of encouragement and blessings of protection. I felt then a certain sadness. For a moment I wondered if I could go back to the time when I exulted in the song of the world. And then resolve replaced sadness, and on its heels was exhilaration. The shadows guided me to the edge of the Deepglow. And from there I took my first step into the new world. From out of the darkness, and into the light.

The sunset I saw that day was and always will be the most beautiful sight I have ever witnessed.

To travel the land in search of stories, and to satisfy my unquenching curiosity of the unknown.

A Shadow Gapstone, and my silver armor. I have been told that several pieces of my armor have Gapstones forged into them.

My craft is...

Explorer, wanderer, and armored mage.

Fists imbued with the magic of the world.

Using my magic alongside the martial skills I learned from a fellow wanderer-- a Kho Warrior. I am confident in the strength of my armor, and so I will not hesitate to protect with my body if needed.

Peacemaking, Singing, and the ability to transfer myself to another object or person as long as there is enough room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back