• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Silent Frontier

Personally I think you should just use Cohort in place of Brigade and Century in place of Company

Yes, I am! Sorry, I'm in the process of getting into college, so I just haven't had time to write my response yet >.< I'll be sure to do so a little later this evening!

Rajiit said:
Yes, I am! Sorry, I'm in the process of getting into college, so I just haven't had time to write my response yet >.< I'll be sure to do so a little later this evening!
I just want to let you know I'm rebooting the rp. from the start. I think it would be better that way

t

Rajiit said:
Alright, that's fair enough. Should I use the same characters, or create new ones?
that is up to you. I'm using the same characters you can if you want or make new ones. I will probably like any character you make xD

[QUOTE="Lord Shaxx]My bad about the characters, I didn't know there was a full lore and timeline.

[/QUOTE]
lol, it's my bad bro. yeah I have a semi established lore, I just need to post it. xD

[QUOTE="Lord Shaxx]Also which backstory needs to be more heavily edited the Unit history or character backstories?

[/QUOTE]
the unit back story needs to be redone to fit the timeline. the soldiers can stay mostly the same. refer to the time line for help. thank you. x3

MsPolite said:
Imperial army structure
Imperial Republic Army

^

Legions

^

3 Cohort = Legion

^

4 Regiments = Cohort

^

5 Centuries = Regiment

^

Squads (no defined number) = Centuries of about 100 soldiers
You don't actually need to list Regiment in between Century and Cohort since Centuries go directly into Cohorts and Cohorts into Legion.

I believe squad is Contubernium

True Roman Legion organisation, just if you want to look, there are a few things not listed like the Archers, Cavalry and Artillery as well as Auxiliaries.

8 Men = 1 Contubernium

A Contubernium consists of 1 Decanus, 7 Legionaries and 2 Clerks

(Regularly stated as 8 since they do not include clerks)

• 1 Decanus (or Manu in this case), essentially a modern day Sergeant/Squad Leader and the most senior legionnaire in the Contubernium.
  • 7 Legionnaries (Ranging from Nequam to Pauci), basically your two fireteams in terms of modern day
  • 2 Auxiliary Clerks, basically they'd be the people who ensure they've got food and water or that their mules are taken care of.

10 Contubernium = 1 Century

A Century consists of a 3 Man Command Element, 80 Decani/Legionnaries (10 Contubernium) and 20 Clerks

(Regularly stated as 80 as they do not include Command and Clerk personnel)

• 1 Centurions (or Hastam in this case), basically your Century commanders.
  • 1 Optios (I am assuming Equo is equivalent?), basically the Drill Master and Second in Command of a Century.
  • 1 Signifers (I don't think you have a position for that), basically the Signum bearer, like a Napoleonic era Ensign who carries a flag but instead is a pole with a bunch of metal circles.
  • 10 Decani (or Manu in this case).
  • 70 Legionnaires (Various ranks below Manu).
  • 20 Auxiliary Clerks.

6 Centuries = 1 Cohort

A Cohort consists of a 18 Man Command Element, 480 Decani/Legionnaries (6 Centuries) and 120 Clerks

(Regularly stated as 480 since they do not include Command and Clerk personnel)

• 6 Centurions (or Hastam in this case)
  • 6 Optios (I am assuming Equo is equivalent?)
  • 6 Signifers (I don't think you have a position for that)
  • 60 Decani (or Manu in this case).
  • 420 Legionnaires (Various ranks below Manu).
  • 120 Auxiliary Clerks.

10 Cohorts = 1 Legion

A Legion consists of a 189 Man Command Element, 4800 Decani/Legionnaries and 1200 Clerks.

• 1 Legatus Legionis, overally legion commander.
  • 1 Tribunus Laticlavius, A young senator holding the second command of the entire Legion appointed by the Emperor.
  • 1 Praefectus Castrorum, head of camp training and most experienced Officer in the Legion generally.
  • 5 Tribuni Angusticlavii, basically administrative officers.
  • 1 Aquilifer (There is no direct equivalent in this RP), they carry the Eagle Standard for the entire Legion.
  • 60 Centurions (or Hastam in this case)
  • 60 Optios
  • 60 Signifers
  • 600 Decani (or Manu in this case)
  • 4200 Legionnaries (Various ranks below Manu)
  • 1200 Auxiliary Clerks

[QUOTE="Lord Shaxx]You don't actually need to list Regiment in between Century and Cohort since Centuries go directly into Cohorts and Cohorts into Legion.
I believe squad is Contubernium

True Roman Legion organisation, just if you want to look, there are a few things not listed like the Archers, Cavalry and Artillery as well as Auxiliaries.

8 Men = 1 Contubernium

A Contubernium consists of 1 Decanus, 7 Legionaries and 2 Clerks

(Regularly stated as 8 since they do not include clerks)

• 1 Decanus (or Manu in this case), essentially a modern day Sergeant/Squad Leader and the most senior legionnaire in the Contubernium.
  • 7 Legionnaries (Ranging from Nequam to Pauci), basically your two fireteams in terms of modern day
  • 2 Auxiliary Clerks, basically they'd be the people who ensure they've got food and water or that their mules are taken care of.

10 Contubernium = 1 Century

A Century consists of a 3 Man Command Element, 80 Decani/Legionnaries (10 Contubernium) and 20 Clerks

(Regularly stated as 80 as they do not include Command and Clerk personnel)

• 1 Centurions (or Hastam in this case), basically your Century commanders.
  • 1 Optios (I am assuming Equo is equivalent?), basically the Drill Master and Second in Command of a Century.
  • 1 Signifers (I don't think you have a position for that), basically the Signum bearer, like a Napoleonic era Ensign who carries a flag but instead is a pole with a bunch of metal circles.
  • 10 Decani (or Manu in this case).
  • 70 Legionnaires (Various ranks below Manu).
  • 20 Auxiliary Clerks.

6 Centuries = 1 Cohort

A Cohort consists of a 18 Man Command Element, 480 Decani/Legionnaries (6 Centuries) and 120 Clerks

(Regularly stated as 480 since they do not include Command and Clerk personnel)

• 6 Centurions (or Hastam in this case)
  • 6 Optios (I am assuming Equo is equivalent?)
  • 6 Signifers (I don't think you have a position for that)
  • 60 Decani (or Manu in this case).
  • 420 Legionnaires (Various ranks below Manu).
  • 120 Auxiliary Clerks.

10 Cohorts = 1 Legion

A Legion consists of a 189 Man Command Element, 4800 Decani/Legionnaries and 1200 Clerks.

• 1 Legatus Legionis, overally legion commander.
  • 1 Tribunus Laticlavius, A young senator holding the second command of the entire Legion appointed by the Emperor.
  • 1 Praefectus Castrorum, head of camp training and most experienced Officer in the Legion generally.
  • 5 Tribuni Angusticlavii, basically administrative officers.
  • 1 Aquilifer (There is no direct equivalent in this RP), they carry the Eagle Standard for the entire Legion.
  • 60 Centurions (or Hastam in this case)
  • 60 Optios
  • 60 Signifers
  • 600 Decani (or Manu in this case)
  • 4200 Legionnaries (Various ranks below Manu)
  • 1200 Auxiliary Clerks

thank you for that, but I'm not seeking to be accurate as the empire is loosely based on the Roman Empire but has a whole another aspect. the unit structure was mostly to give myself and others something else. thank you though.

[/QUOTE]

Roger that, well I guess you could switch Regiment for Maniple, they're not really of the size of a Regiment in Roman history but since they're slightly bigger than a Century but smaller than a Cohort, I think the term would fit but that's if you want to keep the Regiment organisation slot.

Contubernium -> Century -> Maniple -> Cohort -> Legion

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back