• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Shadow of the Mainland (Rules)

Sentient Tree

What, never seen a sentient, magical tree before?
1. Follow the setting. This is late EUROPEAN (remember the EUROPEAN) medieval styled. Nothing eastern, no guns, no cars, nothing like that. Cannons are allowed. Humans are the only race you can play as, they are the only ones inhabiting the Atlen Empire. Everything is gloomy and depressing right now. However, this does not take place on Earth or even in this universe.

2. Don't godmod. If your character is too overpowered then you'll be warned. If you continue to do so you'll be ignored.

3. Don't harass people OOC. If your character harasses another in RP, that's allowed.

4. If you want to attack another character, go ahead but tell the user ahead of time. If you want to severely injure someone or kill their character, ask for permission.

That's all.​

Sentient Tree Sentient Tree
Several questions.

Although I understand no guns are allowed, do you think a musket or such similar armaments would be fitting? Perhaps invented by a different, older race (you have mentioned them in the interest check,)

Sentient Tree Sentient Tree
Several questions.

Although I understand no guns are allowed, do you think a musket or such similar armaments would be fitting? Perhaps invented by a different, older race (you have mentioned them in the interest check,)
No. The Humans basically despise other races because of what happened long ago, so the others wouldn't share their technology. However, cannons are allowed.

No. The Humans basically despise other races because of what happened long ago, so the others wouldn't share their technology. As I said though, cannons are allowed.
Wait, do we HAVE to be human?

Feels a little restrictive, but whatever, I can wing it. I'll just need to do a shitload of changes-- Actually, screw it. I'll just make another character idea I had in mind.

Wait, do we HAVE to be human?

Feels a little restrictive, but whatever, I can wing it. I'll just need to do a shitload of changes-- Actually, screw it. I'll just make another character idea I had in mind.
Don't worry. It'll be fine.

So how does magic work?
Basically there's a bunch of invisible, mystical energy lingering around the mortal realms, where it doesn't belong, but it usually weak and spread out. Then some people are either gifted, affected by higher forces, or learn over years how to direct it to create magical effects, such as summoning, elemental magics, necromancy or enchantments.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back