• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The SfH&V Main thread.

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Kimona

Watermelon king
latest

Angelwood Academy (A.A.)!
[class name=container] border-radius: 0px; position: relative; text-align: center; z-index: 0; background:url('http://i.imgur.com/lkia2O0.png'); background-size:1150px 767px; font-family:Courier New; cursor:pointer; width: 1150px; height: 767px; padding: 0px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=hovercontainer] position: absolute; left: 0px; top: 0px; z-index: 0; width: 1150px; height: 767px; background:url('https://blog-imgs-56.fc2.com/s/e/i/seichidiary/WS000062116.jpg'); background-size:1150px 767px; padding: 0px; opacity: 0; cursor:pointer; -webkit-transition: all .5s ease; transition: all .5s ease; [/class] [class name=hovercontainer state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class][div class=container][div class=hovercontainer]

[/div][/div]

code by Purity Purity , background edited by Inconstant Inconstant , stolen by me XD

Willow Creek Academy!
Willow Creek Academy.

Last edited:

Angelwood Academy

Today was the day, the 15th if April, a hot day, the sun staring down at 88`F, with not to many clouds in sight. People were bustling down the streets on this early morning, trying to get to work. Today many possible students were filing into through the gates of the top hero school in the southern part of Japan, Angelwood Academy. So many possible heroes of tomorrow and this was their chance to get the best possible path tot that goal. Today was the day for their entrance exam!

And white haired man sat with two others at the front of a really really large auditorium, an white haired boy sitting next to him. He watched the students file into the room, taking seats. The brown haired man next to him was sipping on a smoothie as he sat there, typing away on his phone. Kenta was the teacher for one of the first year hero classes and would of course be helping out with the practical exam today. The white haired man on the other hand was Fumiio Shimuzu, the principal, who was currently waiting for everyone arrived so that he could explain everything to them as usual, with his son joining him today. after all this was experience that his son, especially if he were t o take over the school in the future.

The large school sat, doors open, applicants for all courses. All brimming with hope and excitement for what might come.
One boy who walked up had on a purple shirt, and waxy hair, a small flame on his head. He looked up at the building. Today he would be taking the exam for the support course. He glance at his phone, looking at the texts from his brother. He already had an idea of what the practical exam would be, and was eager to get through the written portion as to really show his stuff.

A teal haired boy, Aoi was dragged up to the school. he had been looking forward to this day, because he wanted to become a hero so bad. But this is not what he had been expecting. On the way here he encountered a teen who seemed to have a dog-no definitely a hyena quirk. He had been ambushed him, and now officially had an arm around his neck, and was being dragged along, listening to laughter. "Heheheheheh Hey midget so what, are you seriously be trying to be a hero?!" he laughs, "Ye-es..." Aoi seems to stutter, before he gets interrupted, "Hahahahahaha!!! That's a riot! Your a string bean!!" he laughs.

A ginger haired girl with a side pigtail had headphones in her ears, in a track suit was bouncing along as she held an Ipod in her hand as some music blasted out. She was half dancing as she hummed along with the tune. Though she was not paying attention to her surroundings in the slightest. Maiko was only focused on her music and the school doors that she headed towards as to get to her test. She was excited for the exam, because she intended to become a hero, and this was the first step towards this goal.

A fancy car drove up in front of the school, stopping in front of the gates. The driver got out, walking around the car to open the door for a pair of applicants who got out. They bother were wearing fancy clothes, the male in a dress shirt and vest, the girl in a blouse and vest, with a black and white skirt, and striped socks. They had minty hair and blindfolds on. "Just follow the stream of students and you should be fine." The man tells them, and the female smiles, "Got it!' she chirps. The two then begin to walk forward towards where the man had told them. Of course, oblivious to what was going on around them, and in front of them due to being blind via the blindfold.

Willow Creak Academy

It was the 15th of April, a hot day, temperatures rising to 88'F with no clouds in sight tot briefly relieve these people from the heat. People were walking and driving trying to get to their jobs, or their entrance exams for schools. Some of theses students heading for their entrance exams were heading specifically for what seemed to be a relatively small and kind of shitty school. This was Willow Creek Academy. It was a supposed hero school, and in this case was the literal bottom of the barrel when it came to hero schools. No famous heroes or even sidekicks cam from this school. It as cheaper then hell, and going to this school to become a hero was the same as trying to asks a plumber to teach you air flight science. Or at least that's just what literally everyone said. And yet students still came. Just most not for the reasons as one would assume.

Future students filed into Willows Creek, heading for the little auditorium where the Princapal, who was waiting for them as the front of the room, would say a few words, before leaving the talking to the teachers to explain the exam. Masashi scanned the auditorium, before looking over at Umeko, who looked back at him, "As usual there of course a good amount of students who came for the villain classes, but there are a surprising amount of hero set students this year." she says, and he nods, "Well I'm sure you'll have no trouble fixing that." he tells her in response, where she nods with a smile, "Of course I can." she smiles, "But first lets see how many of them pass." she adds. Of course saying so was unneeded, because honestly, she would be shocked if anyone did fail. Their tes was a guaranteed pass, just barely fitting all the requirements.

A green haired boy walked up to the school He had a small pair of sunglasses on and his hands in his pockets. He had a blank look on his face as well. He knew what he was here for, and he just wanted to get it over with. He was excited of course, but he just had this feeling that maybe if he got it done with faster he could get the results faster. Of course he wasn't going to rush things either. He would rather get a perfect grade then a barely passing. As he walked he watched a set of rabbit quirked students walk by. He recognized them, they must be from the Abe family, his father had met them before, via work reasons. He stopped staring and continued on.

A Metal haired male was slowly sliding along on a skateboard up to the school. He couldn't wait for the exam. Actually he could, he hated tests. The practical part on the other hand, well, that sounded like it would be way more fun. He zipped right past the green haired male, Dai, and the Rabbits, heading straight for the door. He hated waiting, so he intended to get in the building fast. So slid to a stop in front of the doors, kicking the back of his skateboard, the front flying up into his hand as he put it under his arm, his other hand reaching to open the door.

431101134 431101134 Blemmigan Blemmigan Webs Elk Webs Elk leif leif erembore erembore Chokky malk Chokky malk Ineptitude Ineptitude OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi sr901 sr901

Eiji Touzai / Eiichi Touzai [x]
"Your father and I are so, so proud of you."

Eiji looked down at his breakfast, and managed a smile. "I know, mom. You already... I mean, thanks. It's not like I've passed the exam yet though, so..."

She laughed. "I know, I know. But you've gotten this far! And I know you'll do anything you put your mind to."

"It's the practical exam I'm nervous about. I don't want to be left behind, if we're not in the same group."

"Just be sincere. If your heart's right, it'll shine through and you'll show them that you're a hero."

If only his mother's belief in him was enough to change fate, he thought. Eiichi would pass, he was sure of it, but his older brother always seemed to have the edge. He seemed so laid-back about it that Eiji felt like an idiot, all those nights he'd been studying and worrying about today, but that would make it even worse if Eiichi passed without him.

He glanced over at Eiichi, who was staring at his phone, but suddenly he stood up. "Yeah, thanks. I don't want to be late though, so I'll see you later, mom."

It was too early to leave, but Eiji jumped to his feet as well, breakfast still half-uneaten, and followed his brother out of the door with a shouted goodbye to his mother. It was already starting to get hot, and that combined with his nerves just helped to make him even more uncomfortable. And his brother was walking fast, like he was in a hurry.

"Hey, wait!" he yelled, gasping as he struggled to catch up. "What's the rush? The exam doesn't start for another hour."

Eiichi stopped and looked back, as though surprised to see his younger twin following him. "Huh? Oh. You're going for Angelwood, aren't you?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"No, I just..." he looked away. "Okay, well, I'm not taking that exam."

"You mean... you got in already?"

Eiichi snorted. "No, you idiot. I'm not going. I'm applying somewhere else. So I don't know why you're leaving already, you've got loads of time."

"Wh... why? And where?"

"Why d'you want to know? Go to Angelwood, pass the exam already."

Eiji grabbed hold of his brother's arm. "Tell me where you're going. Let me come, too."

"Grow up, Eiji. We're not kids any more. We don't have to be together all the time." He shook his arm free, and walked off, not bothering to look back. "And don't follow me! I'll see you later."

He almost did follow him, but knew it would just make things worse. Besides, how long had he been focusing on Angelwood? Even if it would be... by himself. He turned away and started walking, taking the long route so that he could think. Think about history and mathematics and literature and all the useless things he'd devoted himself to thinking about over the past few months. Think about anything apart from how very alone he suddenly felt.

Arriving at Angelwood early, Eiji found there were plenty of other students already there, and he was able to duck into the crowd and follow them through the doors. He'd seen the school plenty of times, on TV and online, and he'd walked through the grounds on one of their open days, but walking around amongst all these others made him feel like he really could make it. Like he really could belong here, and be a hero. He snuck glances at the teachers up front, then at the other applicants as they all made their way to the auditorium, trying to guess their attitudes and quirks, imagining calling them his classmates.

---------​

Eiichi knew he should feel bad for abandoning his brother, but he didn't. Angelwood was all Eiji talked about, and the two of them attending it and being heroes together: a proper double act. Which was fine when you were ten years old, but now it was just embarrassing. He probably wanted matching costumes, and some kind of catchphrase.

Anyway, the point was that if he had mentioned his plans earlier, then Eiji would have found some way of abandoning Angelwood just to follow him. And that would defeat the whole point. Some of it, anyway. There was also the fact that his application to Angelwood had been met with plenty of "umm"s and "ahh"s from Admissions. It was enough to make him know he'd fallen behind. More than his parents thought, and definitely more than Eiji thought. His little brother was really bad at picking up on things, sometimes.

Willow Creek Academy was further away from their home than Angelwood, but not as far as he'd lead Eiji to believe. Really he hadn't expected his brother to give up so easily. So he dawdled outside the gates in the shade of a rather stunted tree, and watched the other potential students arrive. Most of them looked like they had something to prove. A surprising number of them seemed to be related, either that or they coincidentially had identical features and rabbit quirks.

He wasn't an idiot: Willow Creek wasn't a hero school, and he wasn't a hero. Not that he was a villain, either. But even if he'd taken and passed Angelwood's exams, being stuck in a classroom full of people with his brother's attitude for three years sounded like hell. And if this was the price for doing his own thing, so be it.

The crowd of applicants to WCA was picking up: he'd probably left it long enough. Eiichi picked up his bag and made his way inside, managing not to be surprised at how everything in this building looked like it was about to fall apart, and trying not to take it as a prediction of his future.

Chiaki Hakunetsu [x]
For moment, Chiaki thought that she was late, but one glance at her watch told her that the applicants were just eager. Most were dithering, or outright stopping in the middle of the corridor to chat, or nervously look around.

"Move, please!" she called out, and the crowd silenced and parted. "The auditorium is this way!"

The swarm of children still outside the room sprang into action, none of them wanting to annoy a teacher. Several seemed to recognise her, and she heard excited whispers as they left. Hopefully it wouldn't take them too long to get over the excitement, or they would never get anything done: there were plenty of heroes associated with the school who were more famous than her.

She walked down to the front of the auditorium to join Shimuzu and Yamasaki. "Good morning," she said politely, sitting herself down. Yamasaki slurped his drink in what was probably a return greeting, and she saw a small face appear from behind Shimuzu's side. The appearance of the headmaster's son around the school still caught her by surprise, even though it would be more unusual to not see him by now. She smiled at him, and he instantly vanished, hiding behind his father.

It wasn't strictly necessary for Chiaki to be here, but she wanted to see the potential students before the exams started, and see how they handled the practical examinations in particular, rather than only watching the tapes. If nothing else, she wanted to show her face, and start her career here on the right foot. Of course, she had no idea yet which of these students were applying for the hero course, and so had a chance of being her students.

Tsuguyoshi Kinato [x]
Sitting out at the back of Willow Creek Academy, enjoying the early morning sun, was a young man who looked entirely like he was in the wrong place. Barefoot, with an oversized t-shirt and holes in his clothing, he yawned and lit a cigarette. And spat it out, letting it fizzle on the scorched earth while he checked the packet. "Menthol? Yeuch."

Tsuguyoshi sighed, then pulled another out of the same pack and lit it anyway, grumbling to himself. He had a crick in his neck from sleeping on an unfamiliar chair, and was barely awake. It sounded like there were footsteps stamping through his brain.

Wait. He turned his head, listening closer. There really were footsteps. Standing up, he padded along the wooden walkway at the back of the school, fumbling for a door. He opened it and--

That was a lot of students. Oh, god. Had the school year already started? That couldn't be right. No, wait. None of them were in uniform: this had to be the day of the entrance exam. He breathed a smoky sigh of relief, and tried to leave through the same door. Unfortunately he must have been pushed down the corridor by the crowd, because the door seemed to have moved. So he stood there, up to his shoulders in examinees, and tried to at least look like he had meant to go this way, anyway.

A skinny boy with a shaved head was giving him a familiar look: the kind that said he didn't think much of him being here. Tsuguyoshi bristled. "Get moving, kid," he told him, in his best attempt at a teacher voice. The brat rolled his eyes and walked on, following the other teenagers into the big lecture room. Well, not so much "big", more like "only".

It looked like Principal Ito was in there, standing at the front and casting a critical eye over every applicant. And next to him was... yeah, Ysuguyoshi figured he'd be better off staying out here for now. Something about that woman gave him the creeps, and the rest about her implied that she liked having that effect.

No problem: he'd stand by the door and keep an eye on the students, and make sure they got to the right place like any good teacher would. He nodded in determination, and stubbed out his cigarette in a passing kid's backpack.

Shitara Asahina
Skillfully weaving through the flood of aspiring heroes, a strikingly beautiful young woman could already feel an exhilarated smile tugging at her lips. The air buzzed in anticipation for what was to come—she could hear it in their whispers that echoed endlesssly inside her head, see it in the vibrant red color that dyed their threads. Everyone was excited, and she was not at all exception to this.

As they spilled into the auditorium, Shitara decided to take the time to observe the other potential students. Other people could look, but there was no one who could see the world as she did, enveloped in the multitude colorful strings that exposed one's entirety as a person. Her eyes, an ever-shifting myriad of colors suddenly settled on a shimmering emerald green as she focused on the voices that oh-so-willingly revealed every single thought that went through their minds.

Ayane Katou:

Okay, then. I'm off. After saying goodbye's to my Mother, I get out of the car and follow the steady stream of people going into the famed A.A. It's a nice building, a large one at that. Almost intimidating. As I walk, I make sure to have each body step differently, so they both aren't in sinc. I have Ayane be slowly falling behind as Aya drags her forward. To anyone it would seem as if I were two different people, one shy and one happy to be here. Good. I'd like to see if anyone will catch on. Not like many will be interested in other's today, as it is the entrance exam.

Hmm, I wonder if I'll pass... If I do, great. Probably be set for life if I work for it. If I don't? Hmm, my Mother would have something to say about that. Maybe I'll have to go to a civilian school... Or Willow Creak. Wonder if I can be set for life there. Heh. I make sure to keep the persona's up as I enter the building. Very nice, very nice. Hey, if the whole place is this luxurious, I wouldn't mind that...

Ameko Amemori​
Standing outside outside Willow Creek was a pair that couldn't look more out of place. The two looked out of place with each other, one an older man, clad in a pristine white suit, and a matching hat low enough to conceal his eyes. The other a teenage girl, who despite the heat had gone for a hoodie and skirt combo, both black with green trim, her black boots covered in a thin layer of old dirt. Despite their difference in appearance the two seemed the same in their mannerisms, posture, hell the girl even imitated the old man's cigarette loosely hanging from his lips with a lollipop.

"See all these kids, Ameko?" The old man spoke, blowing a puff of smoke. "They all have better reasons for this than you. They'll all work harder. Still want to do this just to be cool?"

Still imitating the man, the teenager, Ameko pulled the lollipop from her mouth, "Cool villains don't lose. I'll work harder than their harder."

This earned a chuckle from the man who spun on his heels to leave. "That's only cool the first time you say it. Don't do anything stupid, kid."

Nagisa Samenari​
Nagisa hadn't been worried about the entrance exam until about a week ago. Now she absolutely dreaded it. When the forecast told the temperature for the day she knew things would be difficult for her. Actually being out in the heat she knew it was going to be actively working against her. It hadn't gotten unbearable for her yet but the looming threat of not being 100% for the exam had her drinking bottle after bottle after bottle of water on her walk to Angelwood. She wasted no time in ducking inside the building, pushing her way through the masses to the auditorium

Angelwood Academy
Willow's Creek Academy
Yamasaki Kenta
After giving her his slurp of greeting, Kenta remained silent in his seat. To be honest he was dressed pretty casually, just barely fitting professional requirements if at all, wearing his normal brown shoes, a white dress shirt and baggy black pants, with of course his brown mail bag over one shoulder, drinking his smoothie for a moment, watching the students before pocketing his phone looking at Mrs. Hakunetsu. "It's good to see you." he smiles, "So your going to take a look at the students too?" He continues, "Maybe while your at it you could help me judge them as well?!" He chuckles. He was about ready to go on when he stopped for Shimuzu, who had stood up and was getting ready so speak. It seemed pretty much all of the incoming student applicants were in there seats and he ready to talk to them all. A few other applicants snuck into the room, darting to their seats. They didn't want to cause a disturbance or distract the principal, probably, and were maybe even regretting their minor lateness now as the room began to quiet down. Blemmigan Blemmigan

"Greetings Aspiring Students. I would like to first welcome you to Angelwood Academy!"

He greets happily with a smile, motioning with his hands as he spoke, his son standing behind him, gripping the fabric of his pant leg, peering around him , nervously looking at all the students. "I'm glad you could all make it today and wish you luck in the Exam." He continues, pausing for a moment to look out at all the students, "I know your here hoping to get into the hero course, but even if you are unable to make it in, I know you all will likely make great heroes!" He smiles, "Angelwood Acadeny or not, plenty of schools have amazing hero courses as well! So I say work hard to achieve your dreams, even if it is not in this school!" He continues with a smile, still motioning his hands as he spoke, "And all or you in other courses, I'm positive you will all do great as well!!" He adds with a smile. there he goes again encouraging students to go to other schools if they want without realizing it. That was great for business. His son pulls on his pant leg for a moment, and Shimuzu chuckles, "Your right, of course." he smiles with a nod, rubbing Kazuki's hair, receiving a puffy face of sorts in return, before turning back to the students, clapping his hands a little, "Alright so first all or you will take the written exam." He begins, "I know it's a bit boring compared to the practical exam, but it is important and counts for half of your grade." He starts, "When your all done make sure to your assigned rooms to take the exam, with will be a few hours, with a break to stretch your legs and have a snack in between the mathematics/Sciences and the Literary and Language portions of the test." He explains. "Right afterward then you will be given a slip as to which testing ground you should go to for the practical exam, and you should follow the directions your are given to get there, and then of course take the practical exam." He continues to explain, "Once the assigned teach explains the exam, and you then take it, you should stop by our on standby medical team from the nurses office, and head home, after that you just have to wait for the results!" He claps with a clime as he finishes, "Any questions you have you can ask the teacher assigned to your room/Field." he adds at the end. He looks around the room one more time before finishing up,

"Now time for all of you to get to your exams! Good Luck!!"
He smiles, waving to all of them, his son waving a little as well.​

Yamuchi Arihito
The Young-ish male walked through one of the main doors into the auditorium, some files under one arm, when he spotted a certain new teacher, standing the by the door, sticking out like a sore thumb in that, uh, less then presentable outfit. He walked up from behind him, patting him on the shoulder, making sure not to shatter his bones. That's not a good way to start off an relationship. Then again he had kinda met the guy before when he arrived, but of course at the time he had been a bit busy, and hadn't really gotten the chance to get to know him. "Hey there." he smiles, "Now what are you up to Kinato-san?" He smiles. He felt san was the safer option at this point for suffix. "Your our new teacher right?" he asks, "I remember you from the meeting a while back, sorry i didn't get the chance to properly introduce myself then. I'm Yamuchi Arihito." he greets "Shouldn't you be-" He begins to say before he is interrupted. which in turn he pushes up his glasses, looking towards the stage where the Principal was standing, apparently without his notice the streams of students had dwindles and most were in their seats now. Blemmigan Blemmigan

"Hello Young Students."

Masashi Ito began, from the front of the Auditorium and at the center of the stage. "I Would first like to tank you for showing up to the Entrance exam in general, as it pleases be to see so many bright young faces aspiring to be heroes and those who want to work in other fields." He begins with a friendly smile, "I look forward to seeing all of you at the entrance ceremony in the coming weeks after the exam, and wish you all luck in the exam." he was wearing a black suit with black gloves, his hair pulled onto his right shoulder where it barely managed to sit, some at the back falling due to it barely being long enough for him to actually do this with. Ms Kato a few steps behind him. "Once you are done in here listening to me you will have go to your assigned room and take the written exam for a while, which will count to half of your grade in the entrance exam, and any questions you have you can ask the assigned teacher." he starts to explain, "From there you all will be sent to different exam areas depending you your wanted course in the coming year." He continues, "There you will take a practical exam and the exam will be explained by the assigned teacher." He adds, "Any questions about the exam can be asked there, and then you all get to go home!" He finishes with a chirp. "We will try to get the results to you in a timely fashion." He adds, his hands behind his back as he looks around at all of them. He then turns to look at the other teachers, "If you have anything you would like to add or say, feel free to do so now, I don't really mind and would appreciate it." He says. "Of course it's not really needed either, so if none of you have anything to say, then i'll wrap this up". The teachers on stage politely refuse one by one as he looks at each of them, and he finally looks to Kato, who shakes her head, "No thanks, I think you said everything already." she smiles. Masashi nods before turning back to the room, clapping his hands once,

"Well that's all I have to say then, get going to your tests, and I wish you good luck!!"
He says with a smile and a small wave.

((For the Written test, we will be skipping past it, but you can have your students heading to and from them if you want, just skim over the actual written part basically.))

431101134 431101134 Blemmigan Blemmigan Webs Elk Webs Elk leif leif erembore erembore Chokky malk Chokky malk Ineptitude Ineptitude OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi sr901 sr901

Last edited:
Shitara Asahina
Heading back from the written exam, Shitara walked with a notable skip to her step, obviously pleased with herself. It certainly went better than she was expecting, and she was glad to know that all those hours of studying had payed off. Now, all that was left was to pass the practical exam, and she would be one step closer to completing her dream—her dream of becoming a professional hero.

It was at that point that she was suddenly assaulted by the various states of emotion that everyone else was in—ranging from glee for having passed the exam, anxiety from barely scraping through, dread for their failure to make the mark, and everything in between. Her eyes flitted about, and seeing that there was no one paying her any attention, she placed her hands on her chest and shut her eyes in concentration. Taking in a deep breath, she moved her arms in a sweeping motion, and a sense of calm had washed over every single person in her surrounding area.

Heaving a sigh, Shitara blinked her eyes open as a glimmering golden yellow bled into her irises. Her work done, she went back to walking, humming underneath her breath as she did so.

Chiaki Hakunetsu [AA teacher]
She waited for the principal to finish, nodding along with his words. Chiaki had only intended to take notes for her own reference: even those students who failed, but showed considerable skill, were worth remembering. Some would go on to other schools, as Shimuzu said, and they may look for placements at her father's agency. Others may become notorious for other reasons. Chiaki frowned as she thought, tucking a strand of white hair behind her ear.

Yamasaki was still sitting nearby, looking either deep in thought or a hundred miles away- she couldn't be sure. Still, she spoke up, as the applicants began to file out: "Yamasaki-sensei," she began, aware that there were potential students within earshot, "If you do want my help in assessing the students, I wouldn't mind offering my opinion. And I would like to watch the practical exams as they happen." The last part was true, at least. She was interested in exactly how the students applied themselves to the challenges, regardless of whether they passed or failed. Of course, to actually be accepted into the school, intentions were not enough: they had to show that they could get results.

He blinked, as though taken aback by her nervous formality, then almost jumped to his feet. "Sure," he replied, still smiling. "Hey, while they're sitting their exams, I'll show you where the practical tests are gonna take place."

The two of them had met before the school setting, but only briefly, in the aftermath of a building collapse half a year ago. It had taken Chiaki a while to recognise him when they first met at the school, and even now it was hard to believe that the carefree, lithe man was the same one who had held up a half-collapsed steel beam. Of course, she looked a little different too, with a fondness for flowing, less practical clothes than she wore when on patrol, but she was perhaps more easily noticed.

"Thank you," she said coolly, standing and preparing to follow.

---
Eiji Touzai [AA student]
Eiji found the exams to be... well, not easy exactly, but not as difficult as he'd been dreading. After each of them, he'd look around for his brother, only to remember that he wasn't even applying.

He wasn't completely naive and stupid: they'd been apart before. It was only that Eiji had spent the last few months- even the past few years- expecting the two of them to attend the same school, and having that knocked out from under his feet at the last moment was taking some getting used to. They'd been in the same school for as long as he could remember, and everyone knew them as the Touzai twins.

Although, as Eiichi used his quirk more, they started to look less and less identical. Now Eiji was starting to wonder if that was intentional, too. Maybe... maybe after they'd had some time apart, his brother would stop pushing him away. Maybe the two of them could work together after graduation, after all, whichever school Eiichi had ended up choosing.

The literature papers were collected, and Eiji was handed a piece of paper that he frowned at for a moment before remembering: the practical exam!

He quickly fell in with the crowd as they headed to the grounds, his mind racing. Of course, he had known that the chances of facing the practical exam alongside his brother were slim, but now that they were at zero he felt even more nervous. His quirk by itself was hardly flashy, and he wasn't even able to reverse its effects without help from Eiichi's counterbalancing quirk. He should have planned ahead for this, but he'd always tried not to think about it, and now he wasn't able to put it off any longer...

All around him, he barely noticed that the crowd of people quietened for half a second, like a ripple of silence. But one breath he was panicking, and the next he felt fine. Still pushed along by the crowd, he tried to gather his thoughts, and his eyes fell on the piece of paper still clutched in his hands.

Practical exam. I got through the first half. I can do this.

---
Tsuguyoshi Kinato [WCA teacher]
Someone was talking at him, one of the teachers at this school. He gave his name, which casually wandered into one of Tsuguyoshi's ears, and straight out of the other one. Yamanouchi? Yamaguchi? "Yeah, I'm just--" he started, before the principal started talking from the next room, and he lost his train of thought. Looks like all of the kids had already made it anyway, and no doubt all thanks to him.

Once the principal had finished giving his rousing speech, Tsuguyoshi turned back to... to Yama-something. "Hey, what's he mean by 'the assigned teacher'? Who's been assigned?" he asked in a whisper that was approximately as loud as his usual speech. One of his shoulders had slumped like a mudslide, but he hadn't noticed. "'Cause, I'm not supposed to start before the school... actually starts."

He tried to gesture along with his words, but his arm did a strange sort of flop instead. He looked down at it and frowned, wondering when he'd managed to break his shoulder, then used his other hand to awkwardly push the bones back into place. He kept talking, barely paying attention as the injury reconnected, as he thought of a better question. "Urgh. What's the practical test, anyway? Do they have to beat each other up?" Tsuguyoshi considered it. "I mean, I'd watch that."

---
Eiichi Touzai [WCA student]
Eiichi had watched the whole speech suspiciously, arms folded and leaning back in his chair, and he remained just as deep in thought during the written exam.

Some of the questions were weird. There were plenty asking about history, or language, or mathematics, but there were some in there which seemed a bit off. "What is considered failure for a hero?" wanted a three-paragraph answer. "Explain the mistakes often made by villains during a hostage situation" was another. The way they were juxtaposed with other questions made Eiichi feel as though they weren't looking for a factual answer. It was more like they were testing something else, and he wasn't quite sure what they were expecting him to write.

He scratched his shaved head with a pen as the last few minutes ticked away, still uncertain about how to word "What is the best way to counter a capture-restraint quirk technique?" and looked around. It looked like all of the different classes were mixed up here, so there was no real hint as to how many of them were applying to the same course. Were they all taking different papers, or the same one? The school didn't seem keen enough to bother, and it definitely had an air of shabbiness about it.

Some of the teachers weren't too impressive, either. Maybe part of the learning experience was to be disappointed. Eiichi sighed, and scrawled down his final answer just as the time ran out.

Now for the practical. That shouldn't be a problem, at least not if they wanted to see them use their quirks to break things. And if they didn't, then, he'd have to hope it would impress them anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back