• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Seven Paths [CLOSED]

Stickdom

I’m a fixer. I fix broken things. It’s what I do.
The Premise You aren't sure how you ended up here, but you know it's not something you would normally do. Times are hard and a fortune teller seemed as good as any way to determine your future. Seems you weren't alone in that thought. There are six others gathered around her table tonight. She talks to each of you in turn, discussing your lives, their pleasures and issues. She leans back and smiles, and you can almost taste the metal of the gold fillings on her teeth in that cheshire grin.

You should have walked away then as the lights dimmed on their own.

But you stayed.

You should have walked away when the smoke of her cigarette formed swirling shapes behind her head.

But you stayed.

You should have walked away when she passed around that deck of cards and you swore you felt an electric shock as you took your card from the top.

But you stayed.

She never looked at them as far as you can tell. She told you that each one was your destiny. That there were times ahead that would call for strength and cunning and magic, and that you had been chosen.
Chosen for what, she could not say.

The Ruling King. The Lucky Clown. The Lonely Fisherman. The Wandering Sage. The Fleeing Dreamer. The Warrior Savage. The Broken Healer.

Which fate did you choose? Or rather, which fate chose you?​

The Details
So, this is my attempt at a modern fantasy story, normal everyday people are thrust into another level of the world they never knew existed. One filled with danger and magic and wonder, enchanted artifacts and powerful sorcery and ancient evils. Seven players thrust into a fate that will define them for the rest of their lives, and shape the future of the world. Something is coming. Doomsday. Apocalypse. Armageddon. Something that you will be the only ones able to combat with your newfound fate. But you still have to grow into it. You have to discover and explore it. Your fate is set, your power is unlocked, but you will have to learn to wield it as you go. For now, I will not reveal what each fate holds, I only ask that you choose one and allow your destiny to fulfill you as you fulfill it in turn.

This will be a relatively detailed story, I will be expecting significant description and character development, along with regular participation. I am not so petty as to demand a post a day, that's unreasonable even for me to uphold myself, but at least throughout a week I'm anticipating some discussion in the OOC and activity in the IC threads. I will be accepting exactly seven players, no more, no less, though if you feel the need to drop out permanently, there is the option to kill off your character and have another fulfill your fate in your stead.

Each character is a modern "average" citizen with a normal life, whether working in offices or at a coffee shop, single or settled with a family, rich politicians or middle-class plebeians. No one else in the world has these special Fates, these seven individuals were chosen and their lives will change because of them. Sacrifices will be made, not just in lives, but in how you live. The world around you will change because of your new destinies and powers, you'll make friends in places you never thought you'd be, you'll lose friends you thought would last a lifetime. Your family may shun you for what you've become or strangers may follow you as some magnificent hero. The figures on the cards are just glimpses into what they will grant you, the path that leads to your Fate. Do not trust them completely. They are only seeking to fulfill themselves, use them as tools, don't become tools that they use.

This is not a happy story. There is the very real chance that your characters will die. In fact, several of the Fates require it to unlock their true potential, which is why I will not reveal the details of each yet. But, you can also be reborn as something new, your destiny cannot be left empty, whether it is by yourself or another. The question is, will you be capable of living up to your destiny?

Last edited:
YASSSSSS I was just discussing this kidna thing with someone! I would love to reserve a spot for The Dreamer if I am able to?

Certainly! Glad to have you aboard :D I actually got the idea from a CYOA story starter I found in some dark corner of the internet XD I've been dying to make this a reality and finally just decided to give it a whirl. I'll show you guys the CYOA once everyone has picked their Fate, I don't want to spoil any surprises too soon :3 Since you're the first resonse, Dreamer is obviously open, so you can feel free to claim it or change your mind later as long as no one else has gotten to it first :3

Update: Added some descriptions to each Fate, just to make it a little easier to decide which one to pick. Each one's name directly relates to the powers and abilities it grants you, though they are pretty abstract intentionally. Each one is just as powerful and useful as the next, though some may seem a little more applicable in certain scenarios, they are all vital. They will also grow stronger with time and experience, so you will be able to accomplish more as you adapt and grow into your destiny.

Oh this sounds amazing! Any chance I could reserve the Lucky Clown?

I would be down for either the Ruling King or the Broken Healer :D I always love these types of RPs.

Thanks for joining us :D Those are all available right now, so yeah, take your pick. @DrBenzendrine, if someone else comes along later and picks one of those, you'll be locked into the other one, okay? :3 But you can always decide first which one you want before that happens, you can't lose a Fate once you claim it :)

Thanks for joining us :D Those are all available right now, so yeah, take your pick. @DrBenzendrine, if someone else comes along later and picks one of those, you'll be locked into the other one, okay? :3 But you can always decide first which one you want before that happens, you can't lose a Fate once you claim it :)

Nice to hear, I like both roles equally so I wouldn't mind it.

This sounds awesome count me in. Also not sure if i'm blind but can I ask where you put the descriptions of each fate.

This sounds awesome count me in. Also not sure if i'm blind but can I ask where you put the descriptions of each fate.
Sorry, I just added some adjectives XD Before it was just "The King. The Clown, etc. etc." I'm trying to keep them mysterious for the time being, because while they're all pretty powerful, they have some significant drawbacks and I don't want people judging "this one is better than that one because of these reasons." They're all equally powerful and interesting in their own ways, it just depends on which one you think sounds most interesting at face value. :)

Sorry, I just added some adjectives XD Before it was just "The King. The Clown, etc. etc." I'm trying to keep them mysterious for the time being, because while they're all pretty powerful, they have some significant drawbacks and I don't want people judging "this one is better than that one because of these reasons." They're all equally powerful and interesting in their own ways, it just depends on which one you think sounds most interesting at face value. :)
Ah glad to know i'm not blind then :closed eyes open smile:.

Perhaps I'll go back in and add just a little more description, what do you guys all think? should I leave them as they are so you guys get the surprise factor, or should I clarify on each one a little bit more, though it'll spoil some of the fun?

Perhaps I'll go back in and add just a little more description, what do you guys all think? should I leave them as they are so you guys get the surprise factor, or should I clarify on each one a little bit more, though it'll spoil some of the fun?

The fun of it is the unknown, like you never know what you're getting into by choosing one. Btw I want the Ruling King, I decided :D

I personally think you should leave them as they are, the surprise factor thing seems like it could make things more interesting (as if things didn't seem interesting enough).
Could I reserve The Wandering Sage was trying which sounded better The Ruling king or The Wandering Sage but it seems the choice has been made for me which I can live with!

The fun of it is the unknown, like you never know what you're getting into by choosing one. Btw I want the Ruling King, I decided :D

I personally think you should leave them as they are, the surprise factor thing seems like it could make things more interesting (as if things didn't seem interesting enough).
Could I reserve The Wandering Sage was trying which sounded better The Ruling king or The Wandering Sage but it seems the choice has been made for me which I can live with!

Can do :) I'll keep it secret then, though I can't help but give you guys a little spoiler, so if you don't want to know, don't click it ;3
The Seven Cards of Destiny. Which one is yours, you wonder?
SevenPathsCards.jpg

meep i'm a such sucker for things involving fate even though it breaks my heart every god damn time
If you need more people I'd be interested in the lonely fisherman or broken healer c:

meep i'm a such sucker for things involving fate even though it breaks my heart every god damn time
If you need more people I'd be interested in the lonely fisherman or broken healer c:
Yeah, we'd love to have ya, welcome aboard :D

Thought it might be a good idea to list who has what covered at the moment, so here we go:
The Ruling King: DrBezendrine DrBezendrine ~Taken
The Lucky Clown: Wildcats Wildcats ~ Taken
The Lonely Fisherman: Yunn Yunn ~ Thinking
The Wandering Sage: Lord Potato Lord Potato ~ Taken
The Fleeing Dreamer: FrazzledFox FrazzledFox ~ Taken
The Warrior Savage: JustWhipIt JustWhipIt ~Taken
The Broken Healer: Yunn Yunn ~Thinking
So, we have the Warrior Savage open, and someone can take either the Lonely Fisherman or the Broken Healer before Yunn decides on which they want. That's five slots full in a day! Only two more to go and we can get this started :D Anyone else as excited as I am? :3

Last edited:
Yeah, we'd love to have ya, welcome aboard :D

Thought it might be a good idea to list who has what covered at the moment, so here we go:

The Ruling King: DrBezendrine DrBezendrine ~Taken
The Lucky Clown: Wildcats Wildcats ~ Taken
The Lonely Fisherman: Yunn Yunn ~ Thinking
The Wandering Sage: Lord Potato Lord Potato ~ Taken
The Fleeing Dreamer: FrazzledFox FrazzledFox ~ Taken
The Warrior Savage: Open
The Broken Healer: Yunn Yunn ~Thinking

So, we have the Warrior Savage open, and someone can take either the Lonely Fisherman or the Broken Healer before Yunn decides on which they want. That's five slots full in a day! Only two more to go and we can get this started :D Anyone else as excited as I am? :3

Now, will this break my heart/break other's hearts? Cause I am so down with making this character the most likable son of a bitch just to have him die later

Now, will this break my heart/break other's hearts? Cause I am so down with making this character the most likable son of a bitch just to have him die later

I promise you, if you're not either crying in emotional agony or swearing reincarnational revenge by the end of this RP, we aren't doing it right ^~^

Addendum: And actually...
... part of the Ruling King's abilities is that they find it extremely difficult to develop true friendships.
But more on that later ;)

if you are i suggest we all sheep all over his dead body to regret dying.
from the names of the roles i'm already thinking some are already destined to die or live

DrBezendrine DrBezendrine I added that little addendum for you, in case you missed it. Read at your own risk :3

if you are i suggest we all sheep all over his dead body to regret dying.
from the names of the roles i'm already thinking some are already destined to die or live

Some of the fates are integrated with death in a way that they are required to die in order to fully unlock their powers. Don't worry, they'll respawn if the occasion calls for it. But you never know when you'll run out of lives, so don't think you're off the hook just because you have semi-immortality built in... if you have it at all ^~^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back