The Secrets We Lie

Serano

Back-story

BREAKING NEWS: EXPLOSION AT CIA HEADQUARTERS! SHORTLY AFTER DAWN, AN EXPLOSION SHATTERED THE MORNING CALM OUTSIDE OF THE LANGLEY FACILITY WHILE REPORTS ARE PRELIMINARY, THE ESTIMATED DEATH TOLL STANDS AT FIFTY-THREE, AND DAMAGE TO THE FACILITY IS SAID TO BE EXTENSIVE THIS COMES ONLY DAYS FROM THE ASSASSINATION OF ERARD CORBINde MANGOUX THE HEAD OF FRANCES' FOREIGN INTELLIGENCE AGENCY, THE DGSE, AND TWO WEEKS TO THE DATE OF THE DEADLY AMBUSH OF SIX MEMBERS OF THE SAS IN A BRAZEN ATTACK IN DOWNTOWN LONDON. WHEN ASKED FOR COMMENT ONE US OFFICIAL SPEAKING ON ANONYMITY STATED THAT THERE STILL WAS NO EVIDENCE AS TO THE IDENTITY OF THESE ATTACKERS....

Perez was standing more than three hundred feet from point of the explosion And even at this distance, the heat from the raging inferno could be felt from here. It was only by luck that he wasn't there when the attack had occurred; his wife called him to remind him to swing by the elementary school and drop off a sack lunch for their five year old son. He ended up missing the attack by a mere five minutes.

Preliminary assessments from the wreckage seemed to indicate that the bomb was placed at the corner of the structure. The exact composition, and the identity of the bomber wasn't known, couldn't be determined until the fire was allowed to burn itself out. It was doubtful though that they would learn anything new.

Ever since the attack on the SAS team members outside a London Pub, the entirety of NATO's Intelligence agencies, along with it's allies,were focused solely on finding out who was behind it. All their effort were fruitless. However, in that time, they had managed to kill fifty-four more people. Fifty-five, he reminded himself.They had just pulled the charred corpse of a young girl out of the wreckage from the first floor. It would be luck if they were able to identify her from the condition of the body.

This madness had to stop. It was bad enough that no one in the intelligence community could feel safe at this moment. To make matters worst though, tensions were beginning to get red hot between the NATO nations and either China or Russia. If something wasn't done soon, there would end up being many more zeros behind the sixty-one people that have already died to this secret war. It was time to look to the outside for help.

Director Perez pulled out his Samsung smart phone and pressed the one of the buttons on the touch pad. He brought it up to his ear and waited forth ringing to stop. There wasn't any vocal answer, didn't have robe Only one man had the number he had dialed. “I don't care what the cost, I want this madness stopped,” he said in a calm, yet coldly-determined tone....

General Information

Welcome one and all to my first RP since coming back. Nicha's been prodding at me to come back, and I figured that the best way to come back would be to start up a new RP So here's the deal: You are a ex member of either one of NATO's Special Forces or Intelligence Agencies, and have been hired by a private contractor named, NorthStar, with the task of tracking down the perpetrators of these heinous attacks, and bringing them to justice.

All is not as it seems though, as there are a lot of twists and turns that will test the abilities of all involved. That being said, I hope you all have fun, and it's glad to be back.

Note:I will allow for one person to play a member of either a Russian or Chinese operative. If you are so interested, please get in touch with me before making your character. Also, if you have any questions,feel free to ask.

Rules

• Have Fun! This is my number one rule, and while it may seem simple, I want no confusion and so will say it plainly. I wont tolerate drama in the RP. If you have a problem, resolve it in PM or message me, and worst case scenario message one of the mods.

• I am the Law! That means if I see something that I don't like or thing needs correcting, I will do so. This is rule #2 for a reason. My priority is to have a fun RP not lord over you. You've put a lot of effort into your characters and posts, and thus will work with you with any needed corrections.

• No Killing others off without permissions. This really deals with situations down the road, but just so we're clear on it at this point. While the rule will at some point change, at this point, this is how it goes.

• Literate Rpers only. What does that mean? It means I want no less than a paragraph (3-5 sentences) from your characters. If I must, I will demonstrate how you can write five sentences on a simple act of taking a crap if I must to show it can be done. They don't have to be artful, or even fully legible, effort counts more with me than quality.

• Character's will die. It's war people, and this is a very violent RP. So feel free to get attached to your character's, but be prepared to if one should be hit with an rpg. You will be allowed to create a new one at that point.

• The usual rules of No God-Modding, no assuming another character, rpn rules apply.

• If there is a problem in the rp, bring it to me... I'm friendly :)

• Please post at least once a week with your character. If there is an issue that arises, then inform me and I will work with you. Otherwise, consider your character stepping on a land mine.

Character Sheet

Name:

Personality: (Brief summary of a pysch profile done on character. should begin with your code-name: then followed by the assessment. this is actually what would be put in your dossier that the administrator would be reviewing.)

Appearance: (picture or description)

Former Organization: (As I said, NorthStar, is recruiting from all over the world and all across the skill spectrum. That means that the team that is assembled won't just all gun toting Rambo or stealthy ninjas... someone has to be able to process the intelligence the team can gather and figure out who the target is. Keep this in mind please...)

Reason for Leaving: (If you were part of an organization, why did you leave? Were you forced out? Was it Voluntary? What was the reason?)

Specialties: (What skill sets do you bring to the team? I'm taking the stance at this moment of not limiting this, but could change this if it's abused. Basically, what makes you special from others?)

Biography: (Tell me about your character, your history to now. Included should be what makes you special, and why you should be on the team.)

Weapons: (Think about the standard load out of a soldier. So no running around with a .50 cal barret, a saw, and a Law. consider weight.)

Other: (Other Equipment or pertinent information.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back