• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Second Rebellion (Skyrim)

Jekkel was giving Kumi a cold stare. He was being dragged here and fro in the bitter cold. They were standing on the doorstep of some stranger's house that neither of the two knew. It was at the door where the imperial was able to slip his hand away from the grip of the Khajiit's. It was not long until Kumi was beginning to bark at him about the key. Jekkel gave a cold sigh. It was almost as if his breath was steam rising in the fridged wind. "I don't have the key," He said calmly. The young caravanner was doing his best not to lash out at his companion, but something was keeping him from doing so. Was it the fact that he had developed a liking for him, or perhaps it's just been a while since he has a friend that he felt comfortable to talk to. He could simply not put his finger on it. It was a few more minutes in the unbearable cold before they managed to open the door. When the door opened Jekkel rushed inside. He felt the warmness of sanctuary. still, it was home of some questionable stranger but then again not much could be said for the two fellows in his doorway. His companion was casually sliding down a wall "We did it sort of...." let out his friend, but Jekkel only gave a node. For some reason, the imperial was not in the mood for talk. He felt reserved or maybe fatigued would be a better word for his mood. This occasionally happened time to time, usually when he needed to think things out but he had nothing to think about. Kumi opened his mouth again. He was apologizing for his this whole endure. This did make Jekkel feel better but there was no need to apologize in the first place, he did accept the terms and he understood the terms after all. His ears did perk at the sound of gold but alas Jekkel could not take it. He waved his hand "I don't really need the money" He said even though his coin purse was on the verge of bankruptcy. The air began to turn stale, the caravaner took in a deep whiff only to realize it was himself. "I will tell you what I really need. a good bath." He let out a loud yawn. "And perhaps a nap and a belly full of mead." It was a rather happy thought but the chances of this happening were very slim. It was at this time the stranger walked into the house. The man greeted them rather happily and then took off his hood. The look he was making with his face made it seem like we should know this man but Jekkel had not the slightest of clues who this man was. But he did not ask for who he was but instead of greeted the man with silence.  

@0stinato @Wickedkent   

Gabriel Schiadda

He chuckled to their reaction. His betrayal apparently has not reached other people. He should introduce himself, it was only right. 

"I thought you would remember me, thane of riften." He stood and prepared mead and food. His house was clean, he was glad he hired some caretaker for his house. One loyal to him and would not steal from his house. "I am Gabriel Schiadda, I was an imperial general 2 days ago before I betrayed them and escaped." He then placed the mead and homecooked meal at the table.

"Help yourselves" He added. "You can take a bath if you want to and perhaps rest, but first, I have to talk to you Lord Kumiko." He then sat back at the chair.

"What is your reason for being here? and why was the guard chasing both of you?" The more he know, the better. Perhaps they know where Ulfric is.

Jekkel had no idea if this was a good thing or a bad thing. This stranger was supposedly Gabriel Schiadda. He states that he was a general of the imperial army two days ago, but then betrayed them and ended up here. So this means he is probably being hunted by the imperial's or thalmor at that. Man, he hated the thalmor their laws were so ill-advised. For instance banning the worship of Talos. In his mind that is just stupid making law over religion, it's mainly a matter of belief. A pleasant smell presented itself in the room. He looked over at the table, there was fresh food and mead neatly prepared. Jekkel's stomach began to growl. It has been a while since he has had a good meal. He quickly took advantage of the man's hospitality and sat down at one head of the table. The imperials palate was in the mood for something sweeter than black briar mead, he instead took a bottle of honey brew mead. He sipped this slowly while eating his meal. Welp here we go, he is asking question's now. He was going to let Kumi answer most of them. Gabriel mentioned something about bath and sleep earlier, he was going to have to take up his offer. He was in desperate need of all of these.

@Wickedkent @0stinato       

Last edited by a moderator:
General - or rather ex-general - Schiadda was apparently so in tune and in control that he managed to be so fluid in his words and movements that he moved as if he was dancing. Moving around the room, preparing a quick meal on the table before sitting and waiting for his two companions to do the same. Jekkel sat but Kumiko remained standing for a while. He felt as if he should remember who General Schiadda was but...

Well, it wasn't quite true that Kumiko couldn't remember anything about General Schiadda. The name was recognisable. Jarl Law-Breaker had probably mentioned it to him before. Kumiko did remember getting some name mixed up with the name of Cidhna Mine in Markarth, and it was probably Schiadda's name he'd got mixed up with. Schiadda Mine and General Cidhna. Maybe. Probably.

But, ex-General Schiadda was from the Imperial legion was he? Until very, very recently. Kumiko, now more serious than he had been so far tonight, took his seat at the table and stared with narrowed eyes down at his food. A few questions hovered in his head and he glanced at Jekkel while he thought. Enjoying the food and mead, Jekkel seemed a little happier than he had been. That was good: Kumiko didn't want to be left in his own faction with Jekkel disliking him when they were in the presence of a stranger. A stranger wearing extremely hardy-looking armour, his position at the head of the table an imposing one.

Gabriel - a fitting name for the man Kumiko had described as a guardian angel - asked a question of him. Aimed more towards Kumiko than Jekkel, and Jekkel seemed content to let Kumiko answer it. But Kumiko's mad happiness had evaporated, leaving a dry and serious air. An air that would've been very welcomed a few nights ago up at his meeting with the Jarl of Windhelm. But no, then he'd been a little drunk and distracted by all the tapestries on the walls, enjoying playing Thane Tora of Riften. But now he felt a little more defensive as well as defenceless.

But he wasn't defenceless. Not at all. He locked eyes with Gabriel and returned to standing before speaking, "You want to know business that isn't yours?" he said. "Why my companion and I were busy running from guards when you aided us in escape?"

His language was becoming flowery again. All sophisticated and shit. It meant he clearly had respect for their new acquaintance.

"Just be aware that if you decide to rat us out, we've got a lot more dirt on you than you have on us. You're being chased for betrayal and desert. All we did..." he couldn't hide a mirthful smile that parted his lips to show off his vampiric canines, "was do a bit of thievery. Although that wasn't what got us in trouble," he reached into his pack and laid a small bottle on the table, "This is what the guards were upset about. Such an insignificant thing to get upset over, wouldn't you say?"

He paused for a while before continuing, "So now you know why we angered them. That's it really. But what about your business. Why do you want to speak to Thane Tora instead of just the normal citizen Kumiko? That's what I want to know."

@Sir Jake @Wickedkent

@explosiveKitten @Dragonix975

Cervantes shrugged as he headed out the inn and headed in the market place to visit the White Phial, an alchemy shop in the market center. He bought some spell empowerment and restore magicka potions before heading back out. Cervantes made his way to that museum with Ysgramor's "sup spoon." It was a fork, but Ysgramor was a special case, and could do aaanythiiiiiiing. Of course he could do anything, he's a NOOOOOOORRRD. Nords are gods amongst men while everyone else was beneath them. Those guys looked down on anyone who didn't dedicate their lives to fighting and alcoholism. Cervantes knew that this wasn't the case with all Nords, but the egotistical ones were MORE than abundant....

Cervantes shook his head to clear it out before heading down to the bosmer's shop to see if Maroluna needed any extra muscle. She probably didn't, but better safe than sorry. He laid back against a wall under an bridge that kept the door to the shop within eye shot. Cervantes took time to ponder why Veryon was so interested in a potion made of blue mountain flower. Those plants are all over skyrim; Veryon could just pick his own. Then again, Veryon DOES need a cane to walk around, so he might be too old for flower frolicking. Still, thievery? What was so special about this potion...? It pertained to the late dragonborn's research, but that's it. Cervantes knew that Blue mountain flowers had two beneficial effects: Fortify health, and empower conjuration.  Therefore, he had narrowed it down to two possibilities, but he knew all ingredients had FOUR effects. So, it didn't help too much. Cervantes pressed is thumb and middle finger against his temples, covering the rest of his face with his hand. He pressed harder to keep himself from getting a headache. Anyhow, he could always ask Veryon later, once the job was done. Cervantes kept watching over the door, in case any personae non grata, unwanted guests, got in Luna's way.

The Khajiit made some good points. It is quite clear that this general had not been to many negotiations before. He clearly did not think out everything out first. If he wanted information from us so badly he should have gone with a different aliases or the obvious choice of a different career choice that would not raise their suspicions. It was true the man basically gave them the upper hand, but they could not use this leverage if they were dead. Jekkel took another sip of his mead. This man was an imperial general but betrayed them in the end. This showed many things. He stood up for what he thought was right even if he served loyally for many years. He will do what he pleases as long as he sees fit. He will kill the two if he feels threatened. Sadly two wrongs don't make a right and the two companions have made a fault. They had threatened to rat out this general, only as a fence, a boundary but this could easily be seen of as a threat, a threat in his own territory. He examined the ebony warrior and the threatening looking sheath at his side. The imperial simply did not like how this was going down. If the general was to turn hostile its basically three on two. Gabriel was clearly put in charge of general for a reason. His strength and battle tactics are probably flawless, not even to mention the advantage over armor and weapons ebony armor and a mysterious sword on arms. Jekkel took a deep sigh, he began to motion for Kumiko to cool down. If they were not careful things were going to get ugly and fast. The only thing he could not count for was the generals patience. He must have been really desperate if he was harboring two criminals with bounty on their heads. Perhaps this was the reason he needed the two, information from the lower areas. Hopefully, it was not obvious that Jekkel was thinking but he has stayed quiet for the majority of the time perhaps this was blatantly obvious.

@0stinato @Wickedkent       

Gabriel Schiadda

He then smirked. Rat them out? No, he wouldn't have helped them if he would.

"Yes, I deserted the legion, betrayed them, call it whatever you want, but the reason to my betrayal is clear and simple."He stood up and began to pace around the room. It is indeed simple. "The Empire betrayed our trust because of the White-Gold Concordat. I was able to deal with it as a mean to end the war was necessary. But now, they are giving power to the Aldmeri Dominion. They are backstabbing the people.  I cannot just stand to watch them taking over my home. The Empire has already been defeated, they are puppets and the puppet master are the Thalmor." He then listened to the explanation of the Khajit on why they are being chased by the guards. 

"You are right, such insignificant thing to be angered about, but laws are laws. They are doing their job as you do yours." He then sat back and faced the Khajit. He then answered. "Because I wish to talk business regarding the second Uprising."

So. The traitor to the Empire wished to speak not with Kumiko but with the Thane of Riften? Of course, Kumiko doubted Gabriel knew that Kumiko switching to his Thane persona was actually almost literally a switch in personality... no doubt Gabriel saw Kumiko as Thane Tora anyway. After all, they had the same face and hands. Kumiko lowered his head as he slowly removed his dark gauntlets, laying them on the table and tucking the skooma away again. He sat, looked up, pressing his fingertips together, and locked eyes with Gabriel.

"Thane Tora at your service," he said. "My friend," he looked sideways at Jekkel, "if you wish to stay for this correspondence you're welcome to. Or, you could retrieve your 500 gold from the Argonian in the Hall by returning the journal to him?"

Thane Tora pressed the journal to the table. They'd completed one part of their quest, it only needed to be finished. And the caravaneer would have his reward, his recompense. Thane Tora reckoned Jekkel deserved the septims more than he. After all, it wasn't Jekkel who'd caused the guards to chase after them.

"And worry not about the guards," he continued, his vocabulary swelling to unusual proportions. "No doubt they'll be looking for me, the Khajiit, the more memorable face? Not many Khajiit around here, I'd be the party they'd be more concerned with, the one they'd remember. You have the ability to be your pale faced self, provided you're confident and feign ignorance if you're questioned. I trust you can come up with a reasonable alibi? So, go to the Hall, claim your reward if you'd like. Or you can stay and speak business with us, provided you have information on the Second Uprising."

Thane Tora himself had almost no information regarding the Second Uprising.

But hey - why not talk as though he did? Maybe he'd remember something once Gabriel jogged his memory.

He turned his attention back to Gabriel, leaving the journal on the table. If Jekkel was going to stay, that was fine, they'd all talk. But if he'd rather seek the Argonian for his cash reward, that might be helpful. Perhaps the Argonian even knew something about the Uprising? He may do. Seeing as he seemed to know a lot about a lot of things. And he'd mentioned his brother was the Dragonborn... he could be a valuable asset. Both Argonian and brother.

"Now," his whole demeanour seemed to have altered with his internal name-change. He sat differently, leaning forward to mean business rather to suggest curiosity. His ears were facing forwards so not a word of Gabriel's speech would be missed. "As you already know, I am a Thane of Riften. And Riften is largely on the side of the Stormcloaks. Which means that I must be too. Given that, I do have some information that you may find useful, but I desire to become acquainted with your reasons before I spill my secrets."

@Sir Jake @Wickedkent

(@Dragonix975 you've been mentioned. It'd be cool if you got involved with Kumiko and co. perhaps? He and Veryon have a little history after all...)

Gabriel did not seem as bad as Jekkel had predicted but he still had his doubts. At the moment the general simply wanted to know more about the second uprising... the second uprising? The imperial began to chuckle "What are you talking about? The war has ended and I doubt there will be another one." But then a thought popped into Jekkel's head. He had remembered some rumors about Ulfric. Ulfric Stormcloak was a man of action and that was precisely what got him killed or so they say. Some rumors had been stating that he was alive and was building up his army. That would explain why the Empire has been tense lately. The caravaner finally finished off his mead. He then sat his back into his chair and put his hand on his chin. There is no way this rumor could be true. How would a master of the voice escape when the empire has cornered you behind a wall. How would the Empire loose track of him, They have list? a lot of lists and they were quite proud of that. Jekkel released a long sigh. the imperial was really longing a bath but this was also an excuse for him to think. He thought best when he was in a pool of warm water. But before he could say anything Kumiko mentioned the cash reward for the journal. he did not want to leave his acquaintance alone with this general. It's almost as if this general had done something to upset Jekkel personally but perhaps this was his gut saying he was hiding something. "As much as I would like the reward I don't need it plus I have come this far I would be far more interested in this ordeal here." Plus there was a mention of secrets and if there was something he loved more than gold It would be secrets.  

@Wickedkent @0stinato 

"Sneaking. Sneaking. Sneaking!"  Maroluna was, of course, muttering to herself as she wandered across the rooftops. "Sneakiiiing!" She giggled to herself before she placed a hand on her face and mumbled, "No wonder everybody thinks I'm insane..."

She shook her head briskly and looked over the edge of the roof just in time to spot her target. The Wood Elf had emerged from a building and was walking down the paved street, seeming lost in thought. "Alright... So right about now the guards should be starting their rounds over near the marketplace..." She glanced over in that direction, "And they shouldn't be over for a little while yet... Lets do this now. Down the wall we go." Slowly, she flipped her hood on and scaled her way down to ground level, hiding around a corner and waiting for him to turn in her direction. Preemptively she pulled her gold purse out of her bag and sighed, opening it wide. "Sacrifices must be made." She said, then with a swift twitch of her hips she turned just in time to collide with her target. Her coin purse flew out of her hand and the gold pieces spilled onto the pavement.

"Ohhh!" She exclaimed, bending over and starting to pick up the coins carefully, all the while apologizing to the Bosmer. "I am so incredibly sorry sir, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going-"

"No, No," he said, kneeling down and helping her pick up her coin, handing some of it back to her whilst he covertly slipped some of the coin into his own pockets. "I must apologize, I was very lost in my own thoughts and managed to not notice you there in front of me." She knew he was doing it. It didn't matter. 

Once all the coin was gathered, she made small talk with this Bosmer, not really paying attention to a word that he said, before excusing herself and walking away. Eventually she managed to track down Cervantes and strode right up to him. "I am SO very sorry that I'm late, I ran into a little trouble on the way here! How are you?"

@MightBeASithLord

Yvondir slugged through the snow towards Windhelm. He always hated cold weather and especially snow for that matter. Yvondir had only been in Skyrim for about 2 years and that was already enough time to get the lay of the land and the current political climate. The Thalmor were on the rise and Yvondir had to keep a low profile, which was already hard enough. Being short, at least for an Altmer was already a big enough give away as it is, not counting the fact that he was a Direnni, one of the most influential Altmer bloodlines in Tamriel, though that didn't stop his mother from running away from home and marrying a former Ansei. Sighing with regret, Yvondir trudged on getting closer to the Windhelm gates. 

Within a few minutes, Yvondir came near the gates and was immediately stopped by a guard. "State your business... elf." 

Wiping the snow off of his thick dark blonde beard, Yvondir stated, "Simply delivering a... package for a client inside Candlehearth Hall, sir", opening up his cloak Yvondir revealed a unique looking scroll, definitely ancient by the looks of it and very dusty hinting the fact it came from a ruin of some kind. 

The guard nodded his head and let Yvondir through but also added, "We'll be keeping an eye on you, elf. Remember that." Yeah, you all say that. Fucking guards. Pushing his annoyance outside of his mind, Yvondir made his way through the city street and entered Candlehearth Hall. Warmth immediately hit him which he was thankful for. Walking up the stairs towards the lounging area of the tavern, Yvondir scanned the room and after a few seconds of looking found his client, a very old Nord woman with whitening hair and wearing a very elaborate dress, noting that she was quite rich. Slightly waving to her, the old woman smiled and gestured him over to her chair on the other side of the fire place. 

Sitting down next to her, Yvondir let the hood of his cloak down and revealed beautifully designed dreadlocks and a decent sized beard, and very warm amber eyes. Looking to make sure a majority of the people were out of earshot, Yvondir pulled out the dusty, ancient scroll and handed it to his client. Smiling she snapped her fingers and one of the wenches came over and she said,"Get me and my friend here some mead please my dear, thank you." Giving Yvondir a wink, the wench nodded to Yvondir's client and walked off down stairs. 

Looking back at Yvondir, the old woman exclaimed, "So how did you find this dusty old thing? My family was sure it was lost forever." 

Smiling and stroking his beard, the Altmer just simply said, "When you have lived as long as I have, you simply tend to be very, very good at whatever it is you do. For me, its two things: killing things with sharp pieces of metal and finding things or perhaps people, that don't want to be found. Nothing much to it really. Don't worry, I won't ask what's written in the scroll. You paid me to find it, and that's what I did; nothing more, nothing less." 

"Oh my, you are a charmer really. If only I was younger. I'm not like most of these Nords you see and interact with. I don't judge a person's worth based on who they are, I base on what they can do, and you my friend did me huge favor. Uh, I wish there was more I could give you, but the payment must suffice I guess." The old woman pulled out a decent sized pouch of gold and handed it to Yvondir. "Thank you really. I thought our family might not see this thing ever again." As the two finished up their business, the wench came back with to mugs of mead. Setting them down, she again gave Yvondir a stare then walked away. 

"Be careful off women like her Linwe, they are not to be trusted. She's only toying with you by wearing that piece of... clothing." Yvondir laughed a little. He was glad his alias was getting around word of mouth. This is what he was always good at, making connections. Actually he thought of something. 

Taking a nice swig of his mead, Yvondir asked, "What's the latest news to come out of Windhelm lately?" 

The old woman smiled at him thought for second then immediately said, "Well I heard from a couple of friends of mine here in the city while you were gone, and apparently, a mysterious man just recently moved into Windhelm, not even a week ago, the funny thing is a couple days prior, an Imperial general by the name of Gabriel Schiadda, betrayed the Empire, denouncing them. Apparently he's in league with the secret, "Second Rebellion" going on, but that's as much as I've heard. Hopefully that helps you Linwe." The old woman took a sip of her mead and waited for Yvondir to respond. 

Thinking carefully, Yvondir started to form some ideas in his head about this Gabriel person, if that is who the Mystery man was. "Do you know what house this mystery man moved into?" 

"Well from what I've heard he moved into a house just outside the tavern here. You want to go outside take a left and then take another left and should find yourself at his doorstep." 

Finishing off his mead, Yvondir got up from chair and securing his pouch of gold, which should've been 1,000 gold pieces, bowed to his client, and said, "Farewell Yvana. I'll try to keep in contact with you in the near future." Turning around Yvondir walked out of Candlehearth Hall, and made his way towards the stranger's house. Following the Yvana's directions, Yvondir saw the house not to far ahead and coming near the door, he was about to knock he heard voices inside. Hearing keywords like "Second Uprising", "White-Gold Concordant", "Thalmor", let Yvondir know he was in the right place. 

Yvondir knocked on the door loud enough for whoever was inside to hear. While he was waiting for the door to open, Yvondir pulled his hood over his head to cover his face, except for his beard. 

@0stinato @Sir Jake @Wickedkent

The imperial winced, there was a pounding at the door. The sound of this was enough to make him cower under the table. He let out a deep sigh and wiped his hand over his face. The fact that this Gabriel was harboring criminals in his house was not helping his anxiety. Many thoughts were going through his mind "What if it's the guards or worse, Thalmor" Jekkel cursed under his breath. He quickly ascended from his chair and began to pace the floor. This was one of his methods that he used to vent his stress but alas it was not helping. These words kept reappearing in his mind "We're done for, we're doomed, royally screwed." Over the years the caravaner had conceived many escape plans but none of them fit this certain situation, except for one. He glanced down at his side, it was there that laid a very peculiar daeric artifact attached to his belt. The black star (So I sort of forgot to mention that he carry's Azura's corrupted star everywhere he go's) It was tempting but this surely wasn't an appropriate time to waste this masterful plan. This means the three of them were left with two choices, run and fight or perhaps coward and hide. Gabriel, on the other hand, has a chance of being unrecognized. "Kumiko I suggest we go upstairs" This is the only idea that he could formulate at the time, the probability of them being discovered up there were unlikely but still they were nerve-racking as hell.      

@0stinato @Wickedkent @Twyllvarlais 

Gabriel Schiadda

"I already stated my Reason, but nonetheless I shall say it again if thou wishes." He said. "I will pledge my allegiance to whoever will lead this rebellion against the Thalmor and the Empire." He then looked at the other guy. Is this guy ignorant? Is he blind?

"And yes, there is and there will be a second rebellion. I don't know how you did not notice it, but it is obviously clear that there is a second uprising." He then looked back at the thane.

"Worry not, the bounty will be paid." He then dropped a bag full of gold coins. He could atleast earn their trust. "Two Thousand Septims.I still have myself and my resources to spare. I am not just alone, I have many accomplices. " That was when he heard a knocking on the door. Someone was outside the house, probably listening, but he doubt he got much from their talk. He then looked at Jekkel. His reaction was surprising and unprofessional. He chuckled and looked at him.

" Thalmors are not welcome in this city and no guard would dare knock on my door unless it is of outmost importance. I will handle this" He then stood up and approached and peaked through the window. A hooded figure, totally not suspicious. He then made sure his cloak hid his armor well and opened the door. 

"Hello, what brings you to my humble abode?" He asked. 

@Sir Jake @0stinato @Twyllvarlais

Waiting for minute or two Yvondir twiddled his thumbs. He could hear faint voices and fumbling around. Before he knew it the door opened and revealed a Nord cloaked hiding his armor. Hearing the man's question, Yvondir lowered his hood revealing his face to the Nord. 

"Just thought I stopped by and check out the house. Pretty humble house for a general if I might say so myself. Before you ask, no I'm not a Justicar, just a humble spellsword who's knows a thing or two. Name's Linwe. May I come inside? Its a bit chilly out here." Yvondir waited for the man to respond. 

@0stinato @Sir Jake @Wickedkent

"I see. I don't think we have any reason to not trust you, given you're offering all this to us. As such, I'll call you our ally for now. Even though," he gave a light laugh through his whiskers, "you seem to be more excited about it than either of us do. Despite me being a Thane of a uprising-sympathetic hold, I must confess I--"

His voice was cut off by a knock at the door, to which Gabriel smoothly attempted to calm Jekkel as the man leaped up and began to speak hurriedly. His movements were twitchy and Thane Tora watched for a few seconds as he paced around, voice almost lost to its pitch. Gabriel left the room and, in response to Jekkel's sudden extraneous panic, Thane Tora vanished and Kumiko returned. He stood, taking Jekkel's arm - not firmly but with enough strength to attempt to stop the man from moving around too much. He wasn't sure who was at the door himself, obviously, and Jekkel's terror wasn't unusual.

After all, if it was the guards, they'd probably demand to search Gabriel's house unless the Nord convinced them to leave. They'd find Kumiko and his friend, search them, discover the skooma... and Kumiko would likely get his Thanehood taken away. And, because he was caught, be kicked out of the Thieves Guild. It's obvious you're not a good thief if you get caught, no matter the reason. Or, if it was something else Jekkel said, like the Thalmor? Or maybe a Thalmor agent or something... the light-skinned Jekkel would probably be fine, along with the Nordic Gabriel - the Thalmor, now they'd been pushed a little bit away from superiority by the Empire loss, seemed to have a little more respect for Nords and less ability to do what they pleased in Skyrim - but the Khajiit Kumiko might get treated a bit differently. If it was a Thalmor agent, surely they'd find a way to make Kumiko out to be some kind of heinous wreck. Pin crimes on him just because he had furry ears. So Jekkel's suggestion to hide somewhere wouldn't have been a bad one to take... Thane Tora would have listened.

Kumiko didn't.

"Jekkel, c'mere, I want to hear what's going on," he pulled Jekkel again, this time only a few steps, to the wall. Trying to make Jekkel be quiet so he could hear what was being said from their hidden location. Why should they hide? Kumiko had a few weapons on him, he could fight if he needed to. Or he could scream in his attacker's face and try to run away. That last one actually worked better than it might have been thought it did. Very confusing for the enemy.

Kumiko heard Gabriel's voice, polite but dominant, followed by some sort of strange accented fellow. He tried to eliminate the races it might be - dunmer? No. Khajiit? No. Argonian, Orc, Redguard? No, no and no. Could Jekkel have been right?

Was it a guard? Or a Thalmor crew?

@Sir Jake @Twyllvarlais @Wickedkent

Gabriel Schiadda

Thalmor. Enemy. He Knows who I am and where I am. As expected of a Thalmor. 

"Come inside, I do not know of this general who you are speaking of, but I can help you." He said. After he got in, he closed the doors and locked it. He kept his dagher ready.

"What brings you here?" He asked. Lies. He must lie. He then looked at the two people and smiled. 

"We have a visitor."

Sorry for the short post

Veryon arose. He waited. He thought. He thought to when he got the vision a week ago.

He saw the man standing in the field. He saw the mark on the ground: Rebel.

He had been seeing that a lot now. Especially after the news of General Schiadda's rebellion. That news shocked him. Everything was falling apart now. Everything. 

He had seen the mark of rebellion tainting the walls. He knew he needed the guidance of his own brother.

He reached out, a Dragon symbol was drawn in shadow. He spoke: Tell me why!

It replied: It was always there. You knew it would fall. Now is the End of Living and the Beginning of Survival.

No! They shall fall, not us!

Go you must, and you know where.

He set off towards the house of his once friend, General Shciadda. And as he did, he knew. He knew.

Yvondir chuckled at the man's response. He was obviously hiding something, but Yvondir decided to play along. Walking inside, Yvondir heard the lock click as the man locked the door behind him. Let me guess he has a dagger behind his back; so predictable. Scanning the inside of the house Yvondir noticed an Imperial and a Khajiit. The Imperial looked frightened out of his mind while the Khajiit had a certain aura about him. Yvondir got a better look at his eyes and noticed something intriguing. Hmm there's more to this cat than meets the eye, but I can't quite put my finger on it. I'll do the test here in a bit, but first let's take care of the Nord. 

Yvondir turned around to face the man that let him in, taking a good look at him, sizing him up, and then responding to his question. "Well to start off, what a lovely home home you have here in Windhelm." Yvondir started to stare off into space before stopping back into reality. "My apologies, sometimes I stare off into the distance sometimes. Anyway like I was saying, I finished a contract not even 30 minutes ago and my client said this is the house that the Imperial general Gabriel Schiadda owns. Now she said also this general betrayed the Empire, if you can call it that, and denounced the Thalmor, rightly so. Then here is where it gets interesting: she says not ling after this happened a stranger, you, happens to stroll on in and take up residence here, in one the houses he owns. See how things fall into place, almost like a puzzle. Give me a second", Yvondir tired of standing grabbed a chair from the living room and sat and continued. "So based on all of that, what faint words I heard outside, gives reason to assume you are who I think you are." Reaching into one of his satchels, Yvondir pulled out a small bottles of Yokudan brandy and took a swig. "Also put away that dagger before you hurt yourself." 

Getting up from his chair Yvondir walked into the dining room and sat down near the edge of the table. He then pulled out a vial containing silver dust. Carefully he poured four distinct piles on the table. Putting the cork on the vial he put it away and raised his voice so the others could hear. "Please come in here I have a little ice breaker if you will. It's a little test I picked up from an old Breton spellsword in High Rock back before the Oblivion Crisis in the 3rd Era." 

Gesturing towards the silver dust piles Yvondir continued to explain. "Whenever I meet with a client, I have them do this test. What you do is you prick, poke, cut, whatever you need to do in order to draw a bit of blood. What this does is let's me know if they are mortal or undead, which does include vampires", Yvondir glanced at the Khajiit for second, "or Auriel forbids, a lycanthrope. So if your mortal, the blood will mix with silver dust nothing happens, but if you're an undead, vampire, or a lycanthrope the silver dust will burn the blood. Just so we know who we're all dealing with let's go ahead shall we?"

Yvondir took out his dagger and cut his palm slightly and let some of the blood onto his silver dust pile. The blood mixed. He casted a simple healing spell and his palm was restored. He glanced at the Khajiit again, eyeing him carefully. "Go gents, we need to make sure we're all normal here." 

Despite Jekkel's obvious panic, something Kumiko assumed would stop his brain from working, he brought up a good point a few seconds after they'd all watched the Altmer's - suspected Thalmor? - blood mix into the silver powder. So the powder would reveal Kumiko's vampiric nature would it? No - no not quite. It would simply reveal that he was either undead, a vampire or a lycanthrope.

But Jekkel's point made some sense: "Why come in here in the first place if you're going to be suspicious?" he said, still a little behind Kumiko. It could be that Jekkel was intimidated by the High Elf, or maybe that Kumiko was just too stupid to be intimidated himself. After all, he seemed to talk and act like he owned the place somehow, like nothing could surprise him. And his eyes kept darting to Kumiko - that was something the Khajiit couldn't ignore. But in spite of this, Kumiko sitll wasn't too nervous; he was just slightly curious, and Jekkel's point made him even more so.

Why would the elf come in if he was going to test them all for... pure-bloodedness? If he was that worried that there might possibly be a vampire, werewolf or undead among them, surely that creature, if hostile, would have attacked by now? Kumiko wasn't hostile at all. Though - yeah, the elf had no way of knowing there might be a threat in the room until he entered it. And only his senses, initiative and gut would hint at there even being one at all...

"Is that drugs?" Kumiko said, pointing at the silver powder. Even though the elf just explained what it was. "Is that why they call you people High Elves?" and he laughed before smiling, all teeth on show, at the stranger, "You know, you could just use your main senses instead of trying to get all clever and alchemical. Did you really miss my two pointy - and beautiful - canines here? Damn. Weren't you high elves meant to be the smart ones?"

"Kumi--"

"Jekkel just... do the thing. C'mon man. Let's humour him. It's clear he doesn't like werewoots and vampoots so let's not worsen that stigma." Jekkel did approach the table but seemed to be looking at Kumiko differently as the Khajiit drew his own dagger - a glass one - to dra a bit of blood with. "Oh, come on, don't look at me like that. I'm safe, I promise. Besides! I kept you safe didn't I?"

"Barely."

"Whiste yer noise, do the thing," Kumi said, pressing the tip of his dagger to the tip of his left pinky. As he watched the blood before holding his hand carelessly over the pile of powder, he gave the elf another grin and did his best to explain, "I suppose if any of you know who Farkas is you'll know a little more why I decided to take this path in life. The Circle being werewoots isn't as closely-guarded a secret as they like to believe. Soo, yeah, I took on the beast blood for Farkas' sake, so we'll be able to go bounding over the moors together all--" there was a hissing as his blood... burned? It wasn't as exciting as he thought it'd be. It smouldered before settling into a foul-smelling black goo that hardened. "Ooh... see. I told you. Imagine though. Cat-werewolf. Or is it werecat. Werewolf-cat?"

He was lying, easily, getting lost in his own imagination of what he would do if he was a werewolf rather than a Vampire lord. He'd probably be less inclined to chase spots of light and headbutt things... but more inclined to bite things. He sucked on his finger absently as he got pulled out of his thoughts by Jekkel's return to his side. And the man was looking, really looking, at Kumiko.

Jekkel's blood, of course, did nothing. Just mixed, like the elf's had done. But his eyes still told Kumiko that Jekkel felt as if he'd been betrayed... somehow. Kumi hadn't done anything. He'd helped Jekkel, offered Jekkel the whole money reward... he was being nice as anything. And, in truth, he never saw himself as a Vampire. He just saw himself as Kumiko.

@Twyllvarlais @Wickedkent

Gabriel Schiadda

"Careful who you are talking to, Elf." He released his knife. "Know that I do not welcome elves in my household, nor my sight. I despise your race and I could kill you right now, but I will not do it. I will have none of that either." He pointed at the vial for silver dust. He is not a vampire nor a werewolf and he never will be. Such curses he could not stand.

"Now, explain why you are here and you might leave this house unharmed." His voice sounded very intimidating and demanding. It could give chills to even the great Jarls of Skyrim. 

"What. Is. An. Elf. Like. You. Doing. Here." He said the words one by one to make sure he would get it right, not that he wouldn't considering the elves are smart. 

The imperials face was emotionless. His blood dripped onto the dust, this was a very disgusting mixture. Too many things were bouncing around in the caravaners head. A high elf with a god complex walked into the room like he owned the place. He was demanding everyone to cut their wrest's, even though he was the one who barged in here in the first place. it was later revealed that Kumi was a werewolf-cat thingy? He slowly drew back his hand and placed it upon his chest. It appears Gabriel did not take a liking to elves, but I guess being an X Imperial general didn't help that fact. It was quite an odd experience but for some reason, Jekkel felt betrayed by Kumiko. He had no reason to be for they had just met only so many hours ago but still. It just didn't feel right something just didn't add up but he could not place his finger on it. Gabriel was now denying the truth that Kumi was a werewolf even though the evidence was right in front of him. Apparently, they were too weak to handle any curses of the sort, funny.

"If you do excuse me I will be upstairs taking a well-deserved bath" He then stormed up the stairs. He needed to clear his head of all this mess. He began to open random rooms trying to find the bathroom. Most of the rooms were various bedrooms. Door after door after door after door! Jekkel could probably get lost in a one room hut. There was one door in particular that caught his eye. This door was at the end of the hall and could only be presumed as the master bedroom. This house was very nice indeed and there was a good chance of there being a bathroom on the other side. He approached the door and attempted to open it but it was locked."Damn" He cursed. He didn't have any lock picks plus he was no good at lock picking. He gave a long sigh of annoyance. "If I were a key where would I be?" he stated this many times out loud before actually thinking where it could be. The hallway a couple of key features. There was a little cupboard, a potted plant, and a picture. The cupboard was too obvious, perhaps there was a key behind the picture. "Bingo," Just as he had expected there was a little key ring with a gold key. He quickly snatched it and opened the door.

The room was dark. Jekkel was familiar in some basic arcane arts besides enchanting, that was a natural gift. He managed to summon a small flame on the tip of his finger. This created little light but enough to move around. He slowly walked through the room, in the orange light he managed to spot some trophy's of war but he did not put too much thought behind them. He finally managed to find the master bath room. It was probably the most beautiful thing he had ever seen in his life. It was truly a magnificent tub. It was of fine quality wood and had a fresh layer of lacker, giving a shiny look. The best part was it was already filled with water. The imperial took off all his armor along with his loin cloth. He put his foot in the water but immediately took it out. It was ice Cold. He let out a small whimper. This would have looked very queer to others. A man whimpering at a bath as if it had tried to bite him, not to mention he was standing there in the nood.

The caravaner quickly used his flames once again and heated up the water. He dipped his toe in once again. "Perfect" The water was nice, not too hot not too cold just right. He slowly sank into the tub letting the water level over his nose. It has been so long since he has been this comfortable.

(Hello everyone I am back. Sorry for the delay I got a little sidetracked last night. Wickedkent I hope it's ok that I Imagined the house a little bit.)         

@0stinato @Wickedkent @Twyllvarlais

Yvondir watched carefully as each person in the house performed his little test. This is not how he would like to introduce himself, but he'd rather be better safe than sorry. Yvondir's instincts were correct in assuming that the Khajiit was either a werewolf, vampire, or an undead. What Yvondir thought was hilarious is how the cat tried to play off his nature, as just a run of mill existence. He even through in a couple jokes at Yvondir, though they were pretty bad and horribly timed. "We are the smart ones, which is why I had you preform the test just to make none of us in here weren't normal beings. Though considering your apparent disregard for how much of a pitiful existence you live, I'll leave you be. Though let me warn you, if I get the the slightest hint that you want to feed, I will kill you. I wasn't born yesterday, as you can already guess." 

The spooked Imperial decided to leave the group to go up stairs for a bath, and Yvondir didn't blame him, finding out that the person he thought he could trust was a werewolf, was definitely a shocker. He finally turned his attention to Gabriel Schiadda, who was trying really hard to intimidate Yvondir though sadly it didn't work. The former Imperial general really thought he was in charge. Hmm, very wrong. "Well since I know who you are General Schiadda and since I know that this Khajiit", gesturing his hand at cat, "is a werewolf, I might as well reveal who I am. My real name is Yvondir Direnni, yes the Direnni. You know, one of the first Aldmer to settle in High Rock, at Adamantine Tower, the oldest structure in Tamriel. Anyway, I'm a traitor like yourself General, but not the Empire; the Mede dynasty isn't Empire anymore. With Skyrim out of their hands, the only other province they can claim is High Rock, and knowing Bretons being savants of politics and incest, they won't hold even that for long. I remember the days of the Septim dynasty; now that was an Empire." 

Taking a breath, Yvondir took another swig of his brandy and continued, "Back on topic, I betrayed the Thalmor. I used to be one their Justicars, I mercilessly hunted down so called "heretics", it didn't matter what race they were, if they weren't abiding by the laws of the Dominion, I killed them. I did that line of work for 173 years. As you can imagine I became quite good at it. They called me "The Hound of the Thalmor" or just "The Hound"; but when they raped, mutilated, and hanged my mother, it was over. You know, mother used to tell me stories of the Dominion of old, before Tiber Septim conquered Tamriel, back when we more of a noble people, how low we have stooped. So that's who I am and my story." After recollecting all of those memories, Yvondir downed the brandy hoping alcohol would ease his pain a bit. 

"Aww Jekkel, where are you going?" Kumiko yowled, obviously not listening to where Jekkel said he was going. The Khajiit could only watch as Jekkel vanished from his sight. Then he frowned. Was Jekkel running away from the situation or him? Because he was certainly running away. Kumiko raised his palms and looked at them blankly as he heard the elf begin talking. Mentioning Gabriel's name, then pointing out that Kumiko was a werewolf... not even mentioning him by name. Sure, the elf might not know his name, but Kumiko doubted it. Gabriel knew his name, after all, recognised him. He doubted the elf didn't know his name... he was just choosing to not give him it.

Because he looked down on Kumiko? Huh. Kumiko looked up at him curiously. Not too tall for an Altmer - about a couple of inches taller than him. Did that mean something? Probably not. Either way, the High Elf was still tall enough to look down on him. Because he'd chosen a different route through life, and that was all. The Companions were never frowned upon, even by those who knew the Circle were Werewolves. But then again, they were Companions... always able to step aside and dodge any political conflict. Like now. The whispers of Ulfric and the Companions shrugged. They had their own jobs to do, their own lives to lead. Political scandal wasn't their world, and they were proud to say that. And maybe that's why the Companions were liked. Because the only side they took was one of loyalty to their own. No matter the facts, if you were a shield-sibling, you remained a shield-sibling.

Kumiko, when he went to Jorrvaskr to see Farkas, was never treated exactly the same as the others there. But, despite being an outlander to the area, they still seemed to respect him. Aela wasn't about to raise her sword for him, but she'd hold a door for him. Maybe. Actually, now Kumiko thought about it, she probably wouldn't. But still, they wouldn't stop him from looking around for Farkas. And if Vilkas minded his brother was being courted by a man whose knuckles were as furry as his arse, he didn't show it. He wasn't one of them, but he was enough to deserve nods.

And, while he wasn't actually a Werewolf, that was what Yvondir thought he was. So Kumiko would have to play along.

But he wasn't feeling as cheery anymore. His daedra-may-care attitude to this stranger had evaporated. The tone of the room had heightened quite considerably, and not in a good way. While Yvondir spoke of his own betrayal of the Aldmeri Dominion, Kumiko digested his words as fast as he could. And the more he revealed the more Kumiko saw weaknesses. Not just weaknesses in Yvondir, but weaknesses in himself too.

This man, this 'Hound' would probably know who he was. And if he was to get the information of Kumiko's impure bloodline to Jarl Law-Giver, who knew what would happen? Kumiko hoped the Jarl would hear him out if that did happen. Hoped. After all, she ran a city of thieves and liars, so what was one in her court? Kumiko had never mauled anyone, no evidence would ever be found of his apparent lycanthropy in his home... he could bluff maybe, or re-lie and say it's all preposterous rumour.

But Yvondir hadn't shown any sign of wanting to blackmail anyone so far so... Kumiko wasn't about to bring it up. He decided to speak, to let the elf know he wasn't a threat of a bestial sort, but rather a threat of stature. He would say something to expose his strength, his political stance, his importance in this world that the elf was choosing to be ignorant of.

"What's that you're drinking?" he asked.

Oh. That wasn't a question that exposed his strength, his political stance, his importance in this world. That was a question of a stupid cat who was a bit dehydrated. Ah well. He was a bit dehydrated...

@Twyllvarlais @Sir Jake (Welcome back, bro.) @Wickedkent

Gabriel Schiadda

He looked at the elf with an annoyed face.
"I asked for the reason of your presence. I didn't ask for your background, but I would after you would have answered my question. So, I appreciate for doing that in advance, but I am offended that you have just ignored my question. A question that could decide whether I should let you leave this house or not. Now, please answer my question." He then took a deep breath and looked at the elf again and signaled for him to answer.

Twyllvarlais Twyllvarlais Sir Monsieur Sir Monsieur 0stinato 0stinato

Last edited:
explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Cervantes was eavesdropping on a conversation regarding Yngol's barrow. A lovely nordic tomb with an enchanted ancient helm. Cervantes had talked with the strangers for a short moment to have the tomb marked on his map. While waiting for Maroluna to return, he was observe and look over the map. Constantly repeating the directions to himself. "East of Windhelm," he'd mutter to himself, "Across the White River."

When Maroluna had returned, Cervantes greeted her with a smile. "It's okay, Luna" he answered, "and I'm well. Just heard news about a barrow with a nice enchanted helmet. I'm considering stopping by after everything is said and done." Cervantes presented the marked point on the map to Luna for a brief moment before asking, "How are you? Are you okay; was the mission a success?" He put the map away and summoned a dagger to start twirling it with his fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back