The Second Griffon War (Main Thread)

Assailant Assailant Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
It was at this point that Shining Armor finally stepped forward. He may not be the Solar Captain anymore, but he still retained that level of respect for the Crown; even if he himself was now part of it. "I will be going with Avedon and the rest of you; those who decide to come at least. As long as my children are there, this is something that I need to personally take care of."

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Shining Armor looked pointedly at Captain Arcus. "As Solar Captain, I cannot give you commands. Only Princess Celestia can do that. But i must ask; what do you wish your role to be in this upcoming fight?"

Avedon Avedon
GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
"Now... as stated before, we have the resources to teleport in 500 troops per day. 100 troops per hour, for 5 hours. Our unicorns cannot handle any more than that. I would recommend that the first 500 troops be only Changelings. Queen Cada stated that she can lend us 1,500 Changelings to act as spies within Griffonstone; so 500 the first day, and many more mixed in with out troops as they go. Are we building a base outside the main country, or taking the first village we come across and using it as a teleportation hub?"

It was about this time that Queen Cada would come in, after having been fetched by a guard. They hadn't originally invited her to the meeting, but... if she was to be an ally, they had to trust her; and for her troops to be dispersed properly, she needed to be here to hear the plan.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Avedon made a single, subtle signal with his wing and Rarity dropped an elegantly made banner, crystals gathering the light and casting its reflection on a wall. It was a perfect representation of griffinstone and the surrounding lands.

"Capturing a village as a staging ground is a dangerous endeavor. We do not have the soldiers to spare to maintain a garrison. It would be all too simple for a griffon to escape or otherwise get a message out and foil the entire invasion. Our chief advantage is surprise and the ability to bypass their walls. The Griffon's have had little to no experience with Changelings so an attack from within is our best option."

He held up a hoof and made a sign as Rarity moved the light to highlight a thick stretch of forest near the city

"I recommend we send in the first Changeling wave into the wilds here, where the trees can provide ample aerial coverage from flying griffon-patrols. If we can equip our advance-party a way to communicate back to us they can scout the city itself and find an area we can move our troops into in there. With the massive Griffon conscription efforts, there are bound to be little populated buildings or even empty. Tenements, sewers, slums, even small guardhouses if our changelings assassinate those within and guard the doors disguised as the former occupants."

"Now, with two bases of operation we could place our reserve forces to prepare for the attack here in the wilderness and advance to the walls we can weaken preemptively while our commando's and special squads are deployed into the city directly. The real question is how much time we have. We can only bring a certain amount of supplies, and the longer we tarry the higher the chance our ruse will be given up. We can easily afford two-days without risk, perhaps three, beyond that each day will run increasingly dangerous."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Celestia looked over the group, and had listened as... three of them spoke, and had been waiting for another to speak, though Shining broke through the talk with his voice, and brought a few things to point, to which she'd nod then Avedon began to speak, "Ah, I have to agree with Avedon, the wilderness might be a good choice, it wouldn't arouse to much suspicion, and the changelings could quickly get themselves into the fray." She say, nodding.

Celestia would then look to Arcus, "And what say you? Do you have any ideas, or opinions?" She'd ask, raising a brow.

- Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Assailant Assailant Avedon Avedon

Cada stepped into the room, smiling tiredly as she moved forward towards the group, and stopped a small distance from them, not entirely sure whether they wanted her to be closer or not. She looked to Shining armor, and already knew he didn't like her, but she wasn't so sure about Cadence, and was not going to risk that bridge. The others, she'd have to find out.

Cada nodded her head to them all, "A pleasure to meet you all finally, I and Queen Cada, though you may call me Cada if you'd like, formalities and such are not a major thing to me." She'd say, smiling at the group.

Cada shifted, looking to Shining, "I have agreed to allow 1,500 of my citizens to help in this, but sadly I can give no more than that, lest we be put on the very edge, and I can't let that happen to my hive." She'd say, shaking her head slowly, then slow weakly, "These past few days have been harsh, but I know that something horrid has happened, and I wish to help with it, even if it means I might have to go onto the fields myself." She'd say, nodding her head.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Avedon Avedon
Expellix had stayed silent for the entire ordeal. He didn't have much to add, honestly; what would he even say? It was a blow to him emotionally that Luna was gone, sure, but they couldn't really afford him getting caught up with something so petty as that. He held himself to a certain level of discipline. It was required for surviving this long...

It certainly felt pretty bad learning that Luna had been captured. She was the only one who really gave him any aid in the beginning of this mess. Funny that she had come to him directly with the request that he joined the war and fought for Equestria. At that point he had the intention of slinking back into obscurity and disappearing once again. He only joined because she asked him to,

He owed her a lot. What a fluke of fate it was that he happened to run into her and Celestia while they were in Ponyville. His life up to that point had been rather dull, and then he started learning magic of all types, discovering he was actually rather good at shadow, light, and necromancy. The last was quite bad for him so he didn't really perform it anymore.

She even had taken him as her apprentice. He still didn't believe he was worthy. There had to have been a better pick than him, right? There must be a pony who was perfect for the job. 1,513 years later and he still thought he was a waste of space. She did admit that she found it amusing that her apprentice would be a tiny little rabbit, and he did find it funny sometimes as well. Guess she saw something he didn't and still doesn't.

It wasn't even just her. There were four children on the line now, each one a princess. He felt it as his duty to give this his best effort to save them with everybody else.

Regardless of his personal feelings, he already had made his choice of what he was going to do. He was here for just that. Continuing his silence, he simply lingered to listen, ears twitching every once and a while. He just didn't have anything to add until this operation was underway. He figured they would realize he was there to join.

Avedon Avedon Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Arcus was almost brought to tears from Avedon's speech. He truly was an incredible leader. So was Shining Armor. Arcus was a soldier and not to bad of a strategist, but could she truly be a leader the same way that these two were?

When Shining addressed her, she saluted, if for no other reason than to honour the stallion who she would always think of as her Commander, even as a Prince of a different land. "I will lead the Solar Guard. I don't think there is a more fitting place for me in this plan than at the front lines, with the soldiers."

When a Changeling Queen arrived, Arcus stood on guard despite her nod and forced smile in greeting. Her brain told her that some of the Changelings were friends, but she still remembered the invasion of Canterlot during the Royal Wedding, and later, the Changeling abduction of the Princesses. But that train of thought brought her back to the mission. Another set of Princesses had been abducted, and they needed as much help as they could get to bring them back swiftly.

"We are incredibly grateful for your assistance, Your Majesty," Arcus answered diplomatically. She was not shy of using the Queen's formal address in front of Celestia, who held the lesser title of 'her royal highness' but was often addressed by the solar guard as 'Princess', 'my Princess', or just 'Celestia'. Arcus would beg and scrape for forgiveness later if needed.

---

GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Avedon Avedon

Starlight Glimmer was impressed by the leaders she would be serving under, not having had much experience serving under the people in this room. She was merely a student of Twilight's, albeit a powerful one who once kept a whole village brainwashed for months, appeared in filly's dreams, travelled back in time, Stood hoof to hoof with a Lesser Alicorn in a magic duel, and defeated Queen Chrysalis, all on separate occasions.

She nodded when asked if she would join them in their mission to rescue Princess Luna. "I would consider it my honour to assist you," she replied, bowing slightly.

Last edited:
Silver and Arc looked at each other surreptitiously with a frown. "Changeling?" Silver whispered to Arc. "Do you know what that is." Arc hummed for a bit and sighed.

"I believe... it is the modern word for a Shifter." Silver started.

"We... we are to be working with a...-" It was then that the door opened and Queen Cada enterned. Silver quickly drew his sword, and Arc paused and eyed her.

"Silver..." Silver looked at Arc before sighing and sheathing his sword. Even still, the two couldn't help but glare at her relentlessly.

Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
Shining Armor gave Queen Cada a slight nod, but that was about it. He didn't like her and he didn't trust her, but both Princess Celestia and Princess Luna seemed to want her as an ally so he couldn't really argue against that. Plus he had to admit that Changelings certainly gave them advantage in this fight when things started to hit the fan. And those 1,500 Changelings would certainly help int he fight.

"So the Changelings go in first under the cover of trees, hidden from the Griffon patrols. They infiltrate the city, find us a place to make our base, and communicate back to us using a communication crystal. Our main strike force advances to the chosen point, while our reserves make camp in the woods. The reserves should be made up completely of pegasi, as they are the fastest to deploy; waiting on earth ponies or unicorns to advance when things get heated could cost us all our lives."

"While our main strike force is in the city, Arcus and the rest of the reserves will lie in wait? Not all the reserves will be Solar Guard, but they will listen to Arcus just the same if you command them too, Avedon."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Avedon Avedon Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Assailant Assailant

Celestia would listen to what Shining had said, and looked at the group that had been gathered, nodding her head to what he'd said, "It sounds very good, and on the day that the king arrives, we can spring a trap right in their capital, completely shattering any morale they might have had for as a fall back point. With no home to return to, they are lost." She'd say, smiling, "And with Avedon and his team having rescued Lulu and the children, it will give me the chance to cut the snakes head." She'd finish.

Celestia tilted her head, popping her neck rather loudly, "I'm glad that we could have had this meeting, and that everyone made it here unharmed, given how things have been." She'd say, looking to the ground, sighing deeply, "I wish everyone good luck in the coming days. Ave, I wish that you and your team are able to succeed in your mission, I understand that it will be a difficult task, and hope you all return safely." She'd say.

Looking to Queen Cada, she'd raise a brow, "I understand that you are giving up a great deal to help our cause at risk to your people, and so I thank you greatly, and will make sure that in the end, you will be regarded in history as a great ally, and the turning point in history for our races to unite." She'd say, looking back to the group to hear everything they had to say.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
"Now one more thing your highness, I will be unable to command the attack on the King but it;d be negligent if we don't have some form of strategy prepared. He's certain to have a trap ready for this level of overconfidence. What is your plan to deal with his contingent at the peace-talks?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Avedon Avedon

Arcus could barely believe what she was hearing. She was to command a small number of Lunar Guards as well as her own soldiers? Would they even listen to her? Relations between the Solar and Lunar Guards could be shaky, and her predecessor's assassination attempt on Luna's life hadn't exactly smoothed things over. Still, Arcus herself had always considered herself popular enough with the soldiers. In fact, they all saw her as one, which was both a blessing and a curse. She was one of the most senior members of the Equestrian military now, and all under her needed to treat her as such.

Still, it was the will of Shining Armor, whom she and the rest of the Solar Guard greatly valued the opinions and suggestions of as if he was the Solar Captain once again, giving orders. She began to feel a little jealous. She'd never be Shining Armor, and she'd never be seen as the Solar Captain while he was in Equestria. The sooner this war is over, he sooner he can resume his duties as a prince, and she could take up hers as the real Solar Captain.

Assailant Assailant

Starlight approached Silver and Arc. She knew they were from a bygone time but in her eyes that was no excuse for manners and prejudices that may jeopardise any of the incredibly important alliances Equestria had in their moment of greatest needed.

"Stop staring!" she harshly whispered to them.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Avedon Avedon

Celestia looked down to Avedon, raising a brow, "I've got many ideas planned, and it would take to long to go through each of them, time that we do not have." She'd explained, sighing as she'd rub her face with a hoof, "Avedon, I hope that you do succeed in this mission, I can't stress that enough." She'd say simply, looking to Arcus, "I hope that you're also ready for the task at hand, it will be grueling, and tough on the mind, but I have great faith in you. All of you." She'd say, smiling at all those gathered.

She'd look to Shining, nodding her head curtly, "I wish you the best of luck Shining Armor." She'd say, then look to Cada, "And you, I hope you can get through these harsh times." She'd say quickly, looking to the ground.

Assailant Assailant

Cada would look over to Arc and Silver, raising a brow, her ears flickering towards them, before shaking her head, looking back to the main group, focusing on the task at hand, "Thank you, Celestia, I'm happy to help in any way I can." She'd say, bowing her head.

Assailant Assailant Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Wylfen Shepard Wylfen Shepard
The talks continued on for about another hour, until it was finally called to an end by Princess Celestia. Each individual here had things to gather up and people to say goodbye too, so they had a few hours to do that; at moon-rise they would meet in Celestia's throne room and begin the task of teleporting the heroes away.

The Changelings were already over in Griffonstone. A group of Equestrian sorcerers had teleported Cada home, and from there they had begun the task of teleporting hundreds of Changelings under the cover of darkness to the forest surrounding Griffonstone. While normally the task would be hard, it was not so bad with the power of a demigod on their side in the form of Cada. She had more magic than all the Equestrian sorcerers combined, though there were only 6 of them, it was still impressive. Soon enough there were 300 Changelings there and they were out scouting for a good base for the Equestrians.

These sorcerers would stay for the next several days, helping Cada send in more reinforcements to assist the Equestrians in their guerrilla war against the Griffons.
Time to StikeThe hours passed quickly.

Soon enough, all the heroes were standing in Princess Celestia's throne room. Besides the heroes, there were no soldiers present; they would begin teleporting in tomorrow morning. First the Equestrian's would get to the Changeling's base, assuming they found one, and then Arc Light and Starlight Glimmer would work to create a portal circle which the Equestrian sorcerers then could connect too with the right sequence of glyphs.

The glyphs they would use had been discussed already; the Sorcerers had already made the circle and Starlight and Arcus had inspected it. They had sketches of the ritual circle, they just had to not fuck it up. This was Equestria's only means of a reliable troop transport.

Now there was only one thing left to do...

Celestia had a gift for each of them.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Expellix mostly spent his time putting his magic to use wherever it could during the waiting period after the meeting. Sitting around and waiting just wasn't for him, he had a bit of a problem with it. Made him anxious, waiting, so he wanted to be active as he reasonably could without running himself dry. He and others would be going on a mission to Griffonstone soon enough.

With everything in the midst of preparations still and the changelings off to find a stronghold for them, he found himself in the throne room. He gazed around, multicolored eyes flicking to and fro as he inspected it. Despite his time in the castle he had never actually been in here. Go figure.

He sat a small ways from the throne, off to the side. "So... you called?" He questioned.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Assailant Assailant Wylfen Shepard Wylfen Shepard

Celestia had been waiting in the Throne room for everyone to arrive. She'd been mulling things over for the past few days, and had decided on one final thing to do, it would help the group greatly in their mission, and increase their success, and so, it was entirely worth it.

Once everyone arrived, Celestia would smile at the group, "Thank you all for coming, I'm glad you could all make it here. I have one final thing to give to you all, before you go out to do the task at hand." She'd say, a small box appearing beside her. She'd look at it, it was made of wood, and had tiny details on it, something Celestia had gone about herself, it was a very serious gift, and so, it deserved a wonderful presentation.

She'd look to Expellix and Avedon first, smiling at them, "You two, have done very well, working with Lulu, she trusts you both greatly, and so, I'm giving you something I imagine she would have given you if she were here." She'd say, taking a moment to breathe, sighing quietly. She'd look to them, approaching with the boxes. She'd present them to the both of them, smiling, "Be careful with them, Lulu made these herself." She'd say, setting the boxes in front of them both.

Inside each of the boxes would be a dark black stone, each with a moon engraved on them. They were quite beautiful, the fine work that had gone into them, how smooth they were, and clearly they contained a powerful magic, with the way they seemed to resonate magic.

She'd turn, looking to the rest of the group, "All of you, however, have shown to me, that you are trustworthy. For the most part." She'd whisper the last part, looking at Tyrus. She'd smile, "I to have a gift for all of you, though mine do not come in boxes." She'd say, nodding her head, "These gifts from both me and Lulu are Blessings, meant to empower you, giving you strength for the upcoming battle, and hopefully, the end of this all." She'd say, looking to them all.

She'd group everyone but Expellix and Avedon together, smiling at them, "I hope this doesn't feel to odd." She'd she, before lowering her head, aiming her horn at the group. Duck. Magic would shoot out, wrapping up around each of them, and slowly, they could feel a powerful magic entering them, slowly making them feel more powerful, stronger. The feeling would wash over them, eventually fading away, leaving them feeling roughly the same.

"You've each been blessed by me, so that your magic and strength may be better suited for what you are to do. I wish each of you good luck, and hope that you all return safely to me, with the children and Lulu with you." She'd say, nodding her head to all of them.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
He didn't really bother with a smile in return. Or, well, did anything besides lift his ears up, turn in her direction, and listen, really. He didn't really feel like talking all that much as it was, not that he ever was. He preferred the silence in all honesty because of how sensitive his ears were. Canterlot was fairly loud, especially with the war in full motion, everybody was doing something.

That didn't mean he had to be rude. Not particularly his style even if it happened accidentally on occasion. He was not a people person and definitely was not one for social gatherings of anything more than himself and another. Over-stimulation of his senses was something he truly did not like dealing with.

When Celestia approached with the box, something that Expellix was particularly curious about when he saw it, he visibly perked up in response. Coming closer when she did, he paused when the box was set down in front of him. He leaned heavily to his left, eyes tracing the intricacies of the box, repeating with him moving to the right instead, only then did he reached forward and touch the lid with his magic, opening it up with a swish of his paw upwards to peer inside.

He could already feel the magic in the stone before he actually laid eyes on it. When he did, though, he was more curious than ever now. Just what was this thing? It was a stone but he couldn't place it anywhere besides possibly that keystone that Luna had given him before when she had called on him a previous time. Maybe it was of similar nature?

He had to stretch up on his backlegs to reach in and grab the stone between his paws, handling it with care and coming back to sit on his haunches, studying it.

GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Assailant Assailant

Cass nearly lost his stern composure when Celestia's magic washed through him. It was powerful, yet warm and soothing like the sun itself. Never except in his wildest imagination as a child did he ever beleive this would happen. An actual blessing from the Princess of Equestria. He figured he'd be overjoyed and honored to receive this blessing. Yet, he doesnt. Or at least maybe he feels he doesnt deserve it. But its doesnt matter. The only thing lingering on his mind is Ending this war and bringing back the children from the clutches of the griffon empire.

In response, the young dragon puts his claw over his heart and bows with determination in his eyes. He wished he could say something to assure her, but he was still too nervous to speak to the princesses.

Personally, he knew it wouldnt matter anyway. Thier children were missing after all. And reassurance would possibly come off as a false promise. All he can do is vow to himself he will do whatever it takes to help bring the little ones back to thier mothers embrace.

Last edited:
GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Starlight ad Arcus would both feel the effects of the blessing. Starlight was in awe of the magic power now coursing through her body. This power felt good...but she couldn't get distracted. This was on loan, for the mission at hand would need her at her most powerful.

Arcus, meanwhile, though this a great honor, and bowed, before saluting. "This is a privilege beyond words, my Princess! I pray that all will be done in power to lead the soldiers to victory with the tidings you have given me!" Celestia would be briefly struck just how much like her ancestor, Commander Hurricane, that Captain Arcus behaved and spoke. If she was half as gifted as the co-founder of Equestria, and had non of the temper or prejudices, then she would make a great Solar Captain indeed.

GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus

Avedon lifted up one of the stones. A rock. Of course one his friend's most valuable possessions had to be a rock. It was probably one of the blue-princess's "friends" from her time spent isolated on the moon. Still, if it was valuable to her, especially enough to enchant, he'd keep it safe. He slipped it into his pocket with a nod to Celestia while the blessings washed over the others. It wasn't one of merely thanks or acknowledgement, there was something there. A clear reassurance of something only spoken of between the two of them, and a promise he would see it done to it's bitter end.

Silver and Arc were already talking betwixt themselves, coming up with any strategy they might need during the coming days. They were quiet, enough so as not to bother any of the other ponies. Occasionally, Arc would move his hooves to indicate a rune, either one on his body or one yet to be made, while Silver would swipe his hoof or nod to counter or agree with his points. As the blessing washed over them, Silver bowed to Celestia while Arc gave a curt nod and word of thanks before turning back to their discussion. It seemed these two were taking this very seriously.

Assailant Assailant Cyan Hide Cyan Hide GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Wylfen Shepard Wylfen Shepard
As the powerful magic washed over the group, they would feel their bodies fortify and feel a tingle in their veins. An inherent magic had just been awakened in each of them, one which they could use at any time; though they'd be able to tell it wasn't unlimited. You could burn yourself out if you used it too much. Arc would also feel his mind expand with new thoughts, while Cassian, Silver and Arcus would all feel their muscles gain a sort of supernatural strength.

Chosen of Celestia template is almost done. I'll link it next post.

Avedon Avedon
The stone was vibrating in Avedon's pocket now you know what it was used for and after a moment it shot up into the air in front of him, pulsating slightly with a frosty magic. Then it smacked him in the face, as if Luna herself was saying 'pay attention you nitwit'.

A ray of combined shadow and frost shot out of the stone, striking Avedon in the forehead. It did not hurt at all, though it sent an unnatural chill down the shadow bats spine. Avedon would be able to feel his body fortify, his strength increase to unnatural levels, and feel a frosty magic deep in his veins that he would be able to call on at any time. A small fragment of Luna's power had been granted to him.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Expellix, likewise, received the same blessing. As he sat down with the stone, it erupted in a frosty glow and a beam of shadowfrost shot towards the rabbits head. It struck him in the forehead and then slowly engulfed him. He would feel the shadowfrost enter his veins, slowly stripping away his need to sleep, and even parts of his already limited mortality.

The small rabbit would also feel his body fortify, and an unnatural presence would surround him.

Avedon Avedon Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
With their duties being done, the stones turned to ice and fell upon the floor, shattering.

Avedon and Expellix were now the Chosen of Luna.

Chosen of Luna Template
Chosen of Luna

The Chosen of Luna are powerful beings who are dedicated to the protection of Equestria from outside threats. These threats usually come from the Everfree Forest, but can also come from any land beyond Equestria’s borders. To be a Chosen of Luna means to travel the world, eliminating threats as they appear to ensure the safety of Equestria. The Chosen of Luna gain a number of unique effects, bestowed upon them by their Goddess; should they ever fall out of favor with Luna, they lose access to all these abilities.

Bonus Spells: A Chosen of Luna gains two spells from the Frost and Shadow magic trees. They may cast each of these spells once a day at their fullest power, for free. Once these spells are chosen, they can never be changed. If they already have one of these spell trees, they may instead choose three spells to cast once per day at their fullest power.

Spell Immunity: A Chosen of Luna is immune damage from Frost and Shadow sources.

Special Traits: A Chosen of Luna is kept alive by the Shadowfrost that runs in their veins, and as such they gain the following benefits; they are immune to the effects of aging, disease and poison. They also require no sleep, though they can still get exhausted if they do not eat.

Abilities: A Chosen of Luna has their Constitution score increased by +2. They gain one other stat bonus, which varies by Chosen. (Avedon +2 strength, Expellix +2 Intelligence)

Shadowfrost: A Chosen of Luna has the ability to conjure Shadowfrost. This powerful supernatural ability is unique to the Chosen of Luna. Manifesting as a chilling cloak of darkness that surrounds the wielder and fills the area into which it is projected, Shadowfrost can be used for different effects.

The following effects can be used at any time, but only one such effect can be used at a time:

Shadowfrost can surround the wielder, reducing all fire damage that they receive by half.

Shadowfrost can allow the user to breathe underwater.

Shadowfrost can surround the area the wielder is in, causing 1d10 Shadowfrost damage to all enemies within 5 feet.

Shadowfrost can creep onto the weapons of the Chosen and into their spells, causing them to deal an extra 1d6 Shadowfrost damage per hit.

The following effects have a limited use. Each ability costs 1 charge, and a Chosen of Luna has a number of charges equal to their character level. Only 1 charge may be spent per round. These charges are replenished daily.

Shadowfrost can be used to reshape your spells as they are cast. By expending 1 charge, the Chosen can turn any type of spell into either a Shadow or Frost spell.

Shadowfrost can be used to heal the Chosen’s body. By expending 1 charge, the Chosen heals an amount equal to the number shown below depending on their level:

Levels 5-9: 3d6 HP.

Levels 10-13: 3d10 HP.

Levels 14-17: 25 HP.

Levels 18-20: 50 HP.

Shadowfrost’s most famous use is as a weapon. By expending 1 charge, the Chosen may expel the Shadowfrost momentarily from their body in one of two ways:

The Chosen creates a line of roaring Shadowfrost, which can hit up to 4 enemies around the Chosen.. It deals 4d12 damage on a hit and has a reflex save for half. The save for this is +4 higher than a normal spell. It automatically overcomes all spell resistances, spell immunities and barriers (magical or physical) automatically.

The Chosen unleashes a sphere of Shadowfrost in a 70 foot radius around them. This explosion of Shadowfrost energy does 6d6 damage. This has a reflex save for half, but the save is +4 higher than a normal spell. This ability ignores all Spell Resistances and Spell Immunities. Allies are not hurt by this.

Last edited:
Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Wylfen Shepard Wylfen Shepard Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Assailant Assailant Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Celestia would smile, looking over the group, giving a nod of her head, "It is done." She'd say, closing her eyes for a moment, before opening them again, smiling at the group, "You've all been given a great power, something that was meant for those to be trusted with the greatest of powers that myself and my Sister can give, I'm glad that you've take honor with open hearts." She'd say, smiling warmly, hoping she'd see them all again.

She'd raise to her full height, sighing deeply, "Now it is time for us all to prepare, you all heading off, to complete a mission of great importance, and me... dealing with the snake that caused all this." She'd say, a fire burning in her eyes as she looked at them, "This war will be over in the next weeks, and Equestria will return to the peace that it deserved." She'd remark, bowing her head low, "I must do some planning, things that I need to have prepared should anything come up." She'd say, raising back up.

She'd turn, going to the throne, and sit down, watching the group, smiling tiredly, "I do wish you all good luck. I have faith that you will succeed in your mission, and return safely. Now... We all have work to do." She'd say, before conjuring a flat table in front of herself, papers laid out on it as she began to look them over. She appeared to have become entranced with the papers, occasionally jotting down little things, making notes

Now would be a good time for the Heroes to talk among them selves.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Avedon Avedon
Expellix wasn't quite expecting that from the stone. When it suddenly started glowing, he yelped and dropped the thing. And then it hit smack dab in the forehead and he didn't know what to do. Oh no she was trying to kill him. This was the end. Death to a stone lasering him. Wonder what the palace was having for dinner tonight.

With the gift of power from the stone, the feeling of loss gripped him at that moment. The stone—whatever it even was—was taking and giving. He suddenly felt wide awake, much more so than he ever had before. Well, you give and you take, and he did have plans on dying of old age eventually, presuming that was even going to happen. He... did age still, right?

The shadowfrost entering his body was a unique experience. He didn't know how to describe it. The chill, feeling it seem to sweep through his whole body, becoming one with everything that he was. He wouldn't call it 'pleasant' but it wasn't really that bad. He felt stronger than before, and in that moment, it felt great actually. The weakness from his fatigue before seemed to be far away now, like a long gone memory. That presence around him was unnerving, though, and he could surely feel it.

When the stone turned to ice, falling to the floor and breaking apart, he stared down at it. So this was Luna's gift, some sort of blessing on him, and when he looked over, Avedon had received the exact same thing. Definitely couldn't let her down now if she saw fit to bestow such a thing upon him, a lowly rabbit. His ears raised when he heard Celestia speaking again.

"Uh... right," he said, probably sounding stupid, but he was still a bit out of it from the ordeal, mentally processing it. He turned to Avedon. "Um, what just happened to us?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Oh shit...He broke Luna's rock! She was going to murder him now! At least the blessing that was inside it would make that just slightly harder to do. Having a portion of his goddess infuse his being was an experience unlike any other. His veins twisting in his body and his soul feeling the darkness infuse it to overflowing. He wasn't sure how to react to such a thing, or the true depths of this sort of power. The violent, Nightmare worshipping creature he once was surged to the surface, just beneath the skin. Here they were, ready to bring untold suffering to the lands of his deity's enemies. He was not just given leave to, but commanded to, and now the power of that spiteful and lonely night-princess thundered within his body, eager to repay the griffons for every cruelty they had done and etch a nightmare scene in the ash of their cities and the flesh of their people to leave them cowed before the light of the moon until the end of their race's day.

It was only with immense effort he managed to reign-in those ever more bloody thoughts. Later. He must be in control or everything could slip from their hooves...

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Assailant Assailant

Cassian looked at his claws for a moment when the feeling of the Sun Princess's blessing washed over him. He wasnt sure if he deserved the honor. But if its to help end this war and save their children, he will accept it regardless. Besides that, he feels a strong tingling sensation in his right shoulder that was directing his instincts to accept this mission. Almost as if the tree itself was somehow communicating with him through his crest. It was faint, but the message was loud and clear: Bring Princess Salagus and Princess Silvanus home safely. With that, he folds his claws into fists and bumps them together.

"Right! So where do we start?", he looks to the others to see if they knew where this mission will be taking them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back