The Second Griffon War (Casual Thread - All welcome!)

Avedon Avedon

Celestia would be in one of the many offices that were open to her at any time, and was sifting through documents and plans, odd things that she hoped could maybe be useful, in fact, she planed to go and discuss things with a certain engineer when she had the chance, talk about making things that would maybe give them an edge in the upcoming days.

Celestia growled in annoyance, and left the office, going out into the hall, and shook her head, sighing as she'd hoped she'd maybe find something. Shrugging, she'd continue down the hall, wondering if maybe she could find something to give her more ideas on way's she could deal with what was going on, which would be nice, but as of this moment, she thought the current plan was relatively solid, and so, anything she found could be added to make it more effective.

Of course, her movements were halted when she bumped into Nightfall, and had to stop herself to keep from running the mare over, "Oh, excuse me." She'd say, looking down at her, "I'm sorry about that." She'd say, smiling tiredly, before helping her up with a hoof.

The small purple mare hoisted herself up with Celestia's help. She had a lavender colored coat, over which she wore a black shawl that smelled faintly of dry rose-petals and rich, damp earth. Gold eyes that seemed to hold an unnatural light shone back at the sun-princess, slightly disoriented as the giant alicorn had sent her spinning!

"Oof. I think we have to put a bell on you princess. Warn people when you take hard turns like that!"
>She chuckled weakly before a hacking cough punctuated her sentence

Avedon Avedon

Celestia chuckled weakly, shaking her head, taking a step back, "Maybe." She'd say quietly, then look at Nightfall, "I'm sorry for that, but, what are you doing here?"She'd ask, raising a brow as she looked around, then back down at Nightfall, sighing, "I've not been thinking properly as of late, so I've just been trying to find things to help with what has been going on lately." She'd explain.

Celestia began trotting again, but motioned for Nightfall to follow, "If you want to talk, you can trot with me if you want." She'd say, looking back to the hall, so she didn't bump into another pony, or the walls.

GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
Nightfall hopped up with a bright smile
"I think I'd like that. I've never had to work this hard or this much before. Not to mention the added strain of seeing my first home in Ponyville become little more than an open-grave..."
>She trotted along at a brisk pace until Celestia's long legs simply kept leaving her behind. She instead began floating along next to the ivory-mare

Avedon Avedon

Celestia watched at Nightfall floated along, chuckling tiredly as she watched, shaking her head, "So, what have you been doing for the past few days?" She'd ask, watching her, though Celestia made sure to not run into anything, or anyone.

She continued, making a turn, not really caring where she was headed at the moment. She was just trying to enjoy the talk, something to keep her mind off what was happening at the moment, and a conversation should be able to help at least, hopefully. So Celestia listened to what ever it was that Nightfall was going to say, and smiled at her, though she was tired.

GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
"Well with the ceasefire of sorts, I've had time to catch up on tending to the graves and resting places of Equestria, and seeing that even if these are foreign invaders, those that won't be able to be sent back to their native land, will still find the dignity and solace all the dead deserve within our soil."

Nightfall found it a bit poetic really. Those who had come to harm the land and those who who died to defend it, all would in turn nurture the health and nature of Equestria as one.

"...also I renamited an entire colony of bee's one by one. I call them Zombees. I'm looking forward to showing them to Luna on her return. I'm sure she'll enjoy it. I'm keeping them in-...um...in..."
>She scrunches her forehead
"...Actually I don't remember where......watch out when you're putting your hooves in anything vaguely...bee-hive sized around the castle for the next few weeks!"

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
All things considered, the kids actually had it alright. They were not in a 'prison' in the typical sense of the word; instead, they were being kept in a lavishly decorated room. There were big comfy couches and soft carpets, and even a bed that all the kids could share! King Eurus might be an asshole, but he wasn't about to torture kids and throw them in a dark cell somewhere. They were treated better than adults would be.

However, that didn't mean they weren't prisoners. This room has no windows, and was actually made up entirely of metal so that the young alicorns couldn't punch their way out. A wooden room wouldn't last very long against Silvanus. Normally she could have manipulated the metal to her liking, since it was a product of the earth... but as the kids quickly found out, magic didn't work in Griffonstone. At least, not like it should. It wasn't worth the hassle to try any spells when it could backfire horribly. Perhaps if Silva had studied harder, she'd be able to better control it...

The room also had nothing in it that could be used as a weapon. No silverware, not even candle holders to bludgeon with. Surprisingly the kids got to keep their horns and wings; mostly because the King didn't want to hurt a kid.

Or at least, that's what they had originally thought. Roughly 3 days ago, a bunch of griffons had come in and taken Silvanus. Despite the fight that ensued between the griffons and the royal children, which ended in quite a few griffons dead, they managed to drag her away and keep the other three locked in the room.

They hadn't seen Silva since.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Despite the seemingly great conditions they were being kept in, Asa did not like the room a single bit. Actually, she perhaps hated it more than she might have than just being thrown in a dark cell. At least then she still knew she was a prisoner. This... this just looked like some kind of trickery. A far away dream that she may have had before this nightmare.

The room was terrible in her opinion. The soft carpet made her want to tear at it in frustration and rage. The bed... she hadn't even touched the bed. She didn't want to go anywhere near it, and found herself simply watching the doorway most of the time. Every item in the room simply was a grave reminder of the predicament they were masquerading as something she might have seen in Canterlot, where it was safe. This room seemed to try and mimic that but it was failing. The metal walls didn't make it any better.

When the griffons had come for them, she had fought as hard as she possibly could. She could still taste their blood in her mouth when she thought back to it, gushing from their bodies. She still had it clinging to her claws and had a bit of a nasty hit to the side of her neck, the crystals of her scales there cracked and splintered, pieces having fallen off entirely to reveal the scale hide underneath.

She was even more resigned to staring at the door than usual, although much more intensely, and with her little body always tensed. She just... glared, and glared, like it would actually do something.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
... It actually did something!

The door opened and Silvanus walked through. There were far more guards this time, around 40 of them, just to make sure there was no repeat occurrence of the last fight. It was pretty embarrassing to have your elite soldiers murdered by a bunch of kids. Then again two of the kids were deities and one was a fucking dragon, so underestimating them was not something the griffons were going to do again.

Silvanus walked right into the room and up to Salacia. They had a quick conversation between themselves, hugged really tight, and then Salacia went off with the griffons without any fighting at all. Which was pretty impressive for both Salacia and Silvanus, as this trip had proved one thing very clearly; Salacia was a fighter just like Luna, and Silvanus was deadly protective of anyone close to her, as if she were a mother bear and everyone was her cubs. The fact that neither of them was putting up a fight was either a very good or very bad sign.

The door soon closed and locked once more.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Asa stood up quickly when she saw the door open up and Silvanus came through. To be honest, she wasn't expecting her constantly glaring to actually do anything herself, but she couldn't argue with results! She didn't move immediately when she saw all the guards, her stance shifting uncertainly. That was a lot of griffons. Her neck still hurt from being bashed the last time.

When they were gone, she moved directly for Silvanus, throwing her arms around the alicorn and hugging her. "You're back!" She cried happily, but immediately withdrew immediately to look at the doorway where Salacia went. "B-but they took Sal now? What are they doing?" Another pan of her eyes, this time back to Silvanus. "What did they do?"

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Silvanus paused for a moment before wrapping her forelegs around Asa and hugging her back. The young alicorns heart was beating quite rapidly, although it began to slow down as Asa hugged her. Asa definitely had a calming effect on Silvanus, that much was obvious. Although when Asa began to talk about Salacia being taken, her heart started beating faster again.

And when asked what happened to her, Silvanus simply shook her head. "That's... N-Not something you really have to worry about, okay?" Silvanus picked Asa up and carried her to the bed. They had yet to sleep on the bed, but Silvanus was super tired and the bed looked amazingly comfy right now. She threw Asa onto it and then climbed up herself.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Asa certainly felt the increase in heartbeat. Call it also natural intuition as well, because anybody's heart might be beating rapidly considering she had been taken alone by the griffons. Her own heart would certainly be beating more than a few ticks faster. She just looked confused at Silvanus's reaction to it, though.

"Not to worry about?" She asked, stupefied, making her easy to grab and carry. "But they have Salacia! What about—meep!" She let out a very undignified noise at just being tossed onto the bed. Her first instinct was to immediately climb off that wretched thing because she wanted to be nowhere near it right now. Her second instinct was to stick close to Silvanus and not question it, because honestly, she looked like she really needed the company. Her inner turmoil can wait.

She thrashed around until she was laying upright on it, staring Silvanus down. The dragoness wanted to say so many things at the moment but nothing seemed quite right. So, she sighed, and nodded. "... Okay." She relented, choosing to just move closer to her friend and snuggle or something.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Silvanus seemed more than happy to just snuggle. She had been through a hectic three days, and reliving that right now wouldn't be very healthy for her. So rather than talk about what had just happened, or even talk at all, Silvanus simply buried herself into Asa's scales and slowly began to drift off to sleep. Sleeping seemed to be the best thing you could do around here, going to a world of your own, and she welcomed sleep happily.
She woke up 10 hours later with a massive yawn and a stretch. She couldn't tell the time of course, since there was no sun or moon visible in this prison room, but she definitely felt more awake than she did before. She glanced around to find Asa in the same place she had been before; acting as a pillow for Silvanus' head.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Asa didn't want to ask of Silvanus more than what she was ready for. So, she just laid her head against the pillow and stared for a little while, closing her eyes at the end. But sleep did not claim her like it did for Silvanus. She just... she just didn't feel safe enough to. Every instinct in her body told her that it wasn't safe to sleep yet.

So when Silvanus woke up, she was in the same spot as before, but... her eyes were wide open still. Had she really been staring at a wall for ten hours straight? Asa was beginning to look ragged from her sudden bout of insomnia, but seemed to not pay it any heed, raising her head and blinking at Silvanus blearily.

"Hey," the young dragoness greeted softly. "Did you sleep well?"

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
That was worrying.

Silvanus knew just by looking at Asa that she hadn't slept in days. She had been hoping that Asa would fall asleep along with her, but that apparently was not the case. And judging by the fact that Asa had not even moved an inch... Well, that didn't bode very well for the future.

"... I slept okay, Asa. Not great, but... you're here, so that helps." She smiled softly and reached over to stroke a lay a hoof on Asa's chest. "But, you know, you have to sleep too. I can't do all the sleeping. And I'm here, so I can protect you while you sleep. If we get a chance to escape, we are going to need you at full strength to help us out... and you're not at full strength right now, Asa."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
She seemed to be trying really hard to look strong for Silvanus at the moment, but it was a struggle at this point. Her head was swimming, her vision was foggy, and she was having trouble thinking straight. She kept seeing things... move. They shouldn't be moving. She closed her eyes and raised her hands up to rub at her eyes.

"I'm... I'm okay..." she mumbled, trying to sit up. She got a few inches up before she just fell back down. She certainly wasn't taking this as well as Silvanus and Salacia right now, and that apparently manifested itself as paranoia and insomnia. She was paranoid over an impending attack on them at any moment. The walls, the bed, the Celestia damned walls... they wouldn't stop spinning. The griffons.

She sucked in a deep breath. Now that she was thinking about it again, she was actually starting to panic. "Silv..." she uttered, scared, and reaching for the alicorn, taking the hoof laid on her chest tightly.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Seeing Asa like that was enough to break Silvanus' heart. The dragoness always tried to seem strong, but the fact that she couldn't sleep at all eluded to the truth of the matter. When Asa uttered her name, Silvanus grabbed Asa and brought her into a tight hug, stroking a hoof down her back and between her wings.

"... Go to bed, Asa." Silvanus commanded more than asked. She was, uh... above Asa, right? "... I'm a Goddess, so you have to do what I say. And I say go to bed. You need to sleep, and I'll pummel any stupid griffons that come in here! Don't you worry about that. Nothing can hurt you as long as I'm around; I wouldn't allow it."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Asa was trying to figure out what the hell her position in the room was again. She was on the bed still, right? She seemed to have lost track of their general surroundings and her heart was hammering hard in her chest, overworking to try and deal with the sudden rush of adrenaline her body was producing in response to her brain's signals of danger.

Her eyes were unfocused when she was brought into Silvanus's embrace. She seized up momentarily, an obvious fight or flight response, but... she began to calm down. Asa finally blinked as if coming from a haze, the strokes down her back was having a greatly soothing effect on her. Soon enough, she went limp and gave a great exhale of air. Her eyes were focused again, but half-lidded. They suddenly felt so heavy.

"T-thank you..." she replied, sounding more like she was crying than anything else. Soon enough, thankfully, she was falling asleep, finally feeling safe enough to. She buried her nose into Silvanus's fur, mumbling something about loving her before passing out entirely.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Avedon had taken time from the relentlessness pace of war to visit someone. He had taken some time to dab himself clean with some wash-cloths and swapped out his bloodied and worn coat for a cleaner one that smelled slightly less of the subtle, spiced fragrance of black-powder. He gave a begrudging nod to the Elysian vanguard that watched over the civilian-areas and cut a straight path to Trixie. He picked up a resplendent bouquet, filled with all the freshest flowers that still bloomed in the war-torn countryside. They were scarred but their beauty undaunted...He figured it was good-enough symbolism at the least.

He stepped into Trixie's room with the bouquet ahead of him...and he promptly began eating the flowers as he sat down in a chair across the room from her, speaking with his mouth full

"You're still in the hospital you pansy? Get over it!"

Avedon Avedon
That was one way to get into a mares heart...

Trixie looked at the flowers with a slight annoyance, before reaching over telekinetically and ripping a bunch of them off. How dare Avedon come to her room with flowers and not offer her any to eat! She shoved the flowers into her mouth and munched on them, sadly admitting to herself that they were actually better than the hospital food.

How do you fuck up a daffodil sandwich? She didn't know, but the hospital managed to do it.

She chuckled slightly at Ave's words and just shook her head, and her severed leg, at him. "Listen here, foal. I already said I'm okay to leave. But noooo, they won't let me! They say I'm 'hurt' and 'might tear my leg open again'... don't they know who I am?!"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
He eyed the petals flowing away
"Oh look at you. Little Miss Fancy-Bitches!"
He brought his wings together on his head, making em point
"Herp derp, I'm a unicorn. I'ma use my magic instead of learning to use my legs!"

He flaps them back free and laughed
"But really, I know! Anyone who knew you would know better! I know how tough you are...and if you're actually not as tough as I think you are, you kinda have it coming. Either way it's a positive!"

Avedon Avedon
Trixie wasn't laughing anymore. She was just staring dejectedly at her foreleg as she once again came to realize that the doctors were keeping her here for a reason. Walking with 3 legs would take serious practice, or at least she'd need some kind of prosthetic.

And the memory of the great-axe cleaving through her leg was still fresh in her mind.

"... This whole situation sucks..." she muttered sadly.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
He got up and moved to the side of the bed, sitting right on the edge
"You're too focused on what you lost. You got run out of Ponyville and it led you down the path to become a hero. You got chased out of places for being a two-bit con-artists and you became one of the strongest necromancer's I know. Life kicked you teeth plenty and you've always found something new to not only compensate, but make you stronger..."

He looked down to the leg, smile tightening. He wish he had been there to help her. He'd rather have been there than the cave. He did important work there but the question of if that cave could have held without him, and he could have saved Trixie's leg would haunt Avedon for the rest of his life...

"...Well...you can have some ghosts possess a bed or a wheelchair and move it around for you, maybe even float on your own little throne. That seems your style...and no one can call you lazy for it either. You could find a way to haunt an iron-leg too if you want to be more boring...plus you get as many free-rides on my back as you want!"

Avedon Avedon
"... I don't think this would be a good time to start necromancy again..." Trixie said with a little sigh and a shake of her head. "I quit it because of the addiction. Not that I am so desperate to feel something... well, starting it again while I'm looking for something to get me distracted might end up with me going too deep into the dark arts, don't you think? Necromancy is a fine like to walk, and I can't walk it without falling into the darker side. I need to stay away from it."

She rubbed her chin for a moment and chuckled. "... But a biotic leg, now that would be awesome! Can you imagine if I lifted my leg up, and it turned into a gun and blew a hole straight through a no good griffons face?!"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
"Well I could always ask Nightfall to haunt one up for you! I mean, there are plenty of enchanted gauntlets I've seen that can move on their own, I don't imagine it'd be that much more complicated to rig an entire leg. Would just have to be sized carefully and you'd need to train with it..."
Avedon looked at her a moment and then began poking her side
"Have they been turning you enough? If you have any bed-sores tell me and I'll give the nurse a bruise in the same spot..."

He sighed and pulled back. Avedon didn't like hospitals. The chop-shop triage tents had spent his early life in had seen to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back