• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Sands of Zenith: Adumbrate Saga Refurbished

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Episode Post

Zaltusinel

Novelist and Word Whisperer
Episode 1: Shatter Me

1551903240702.png
Crunchy, gritty sand. Boots touching down from long pillars falling from the sky. Electric fields vibrate to and fro around the pillars as passengers exit. Large ships strip themselves of their thrusters, touching down onto the sands never to move again. Crashing sounds of furnaces boiling inside with the occasional click of motors moving materials. Some of the passengers moved with arms and entered the landscape, a degree alien, yet nothing new to a galactic expedition. Dense foliage known now as "redwood forests" by the local human population laid off in the distance, about ten miles. Other passengers meandered and tripped over air as they exited. Laughter, concern, and vomiting occurred. While improved and funded well, Cryosleep technology taxes the body of organics still. Nothing could be done but to wait. But not all slept, not all dreamed over the one hundred year travel from Tau, Dr. Kenku and Johanna Velstein, dedicated warp theorists, piloted the ship through the two hundred jump coordinates plotted by Valentine Accord. They made the sacrifice of their lives, waning until old age claimed them two days ago. Dr. Kenku and Johanna Velstein lay to rest in the Library of the Dead, a tall spire primarily made of force fields, acknowledging Tolkygyre custom for burial and proper storage. Carried directly, in parts, on multiple craft supplied by the Tolkygyre. Standing in the center of the colonization site, the spire scraps the alien horizon for one familiar to galactic capital world Helios. Dissidents consider it sacrilege and the debate over stripping planets of their natural qualities have only begun to rage.

While the honoring of the pilots have quieted them down, the grumbles filter through the newly made streets of the colony. Cryosleep sickness prevents most from properly functioning, causing mass trips to field hospitals as a proper medical facility has yet to be made. Many disobey rest orders from enforcers who have been injected with stimpacks to over the sickness, others question the authority of the colonial government. These factors raising brows, tentacles, and wings alike; fear of insurrection and terrorism have already turned most of the civilian population craven. The consensus of fear kept families and young adults indoors. Production seemed to spiral out of control until the final pillar opened their doors. Days later than the others, new individuals exited to see the colony one week after its birth. The civilians called them Noraians, denoting those who participated in the Nora Project. Voluntary or involuntary.

What had happened to them? No one knows for sure, the Valentine accord failed to mention their exact reasoning. However, many skeptics of the accord remain unsuprised. Blasting conspiracies to the highest order to every sentient in earshot, they never relent for their distrust in the accord. The accord never became the popular institution as intended, but it suited and exceeded expectations of peace. The scandalous activities of the bygone age remain in history. Or do they? The Nora Project raising more and more questions and distrust. However, a shred of curiosity and courtesy court the public's outrage. However, the calling card poster girl for the project journeyed with the expedition. Nora Bastille Hogun, a talkative woman with strange appetites for exotic food. Previously an eccentric talk show host, she ended her career for a service job for the Valentine Accord. Recent sightings of her consist of her rolling in a shield bubble, thumping her fist against it. Not a question, just typical "Nora behavior". However, rumors have been spread that she attempted to expose something. To say what she knows, but no one can get to her at this moment.

Now all wait for the Noraians' move.

End of Transmission
Greetings everyone! I'm back again on the scene from my long break and ready to start up again. Very soon, I will release more details such as a character creation process and more information on starting out. I will post these threads below. Thank you for your patience. I will also post information such as rules in the OOC once I have them. For those in the loop with me, hope you enjoy the early surprise! Things this time will be in an episode format, meaning that there will be more structure and a progressing story in the mist of your activities. I have made many other improvements and created a rp system to handle all of our structural needs. It has been tested, but I guarantee changes will need to be made. Thanks for your patience guys!

Thanks
-Zalt

SpaceDandy SpaceDandy Karcen Karcen Hazeron Hazeron KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor Ctc9592 Ctc9592 LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Darth Darth doodleSM doodleSM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back