• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Royal Court

Queen Rai

Self Proclaimed Queen of RPNation
Queen Rai submitted a new resource:

The Royal Court - Now, bow down to your Queen! (and king, but it's not like he's important. . .)

Now, bow before your...

Read more about this resource... 

~Queen Rai~

Clack, clack, clack. . .

The brisk sound of quick steps reverberated the large, beautifully decorated room as Rai made her way to her throne. At was about noon, and the girl had just emerged from her bedroom. She'd never really taken her duties as "Queen" very seriously. . .most of the political aspects of ruling a country had been left to her advisers. . .though still, whatever she said was law. Of course, being only fifteen, she wasn't very good at being "fair", but she didn't really care. All she had to do was sit on her throne, look pretty, and let people spoil her and dote upon her.

She really had no problem with that.

As the girl delicately sat down on her throne, she brushed a lock of her long hair over her shoulder.

"Jester!" she called. (@Larry)

(@Prizzy Kriyze, @Haruhi Suzumiya, @Mikailgirl, )

Celeste

(Do we have a castle map? We might want one. I can make one!~)

Celeste woke up and rubbed her eyes - A yawn escaped her lips as she stretched her arms out to her sides. She shoved the blankets that covered her bed onto the floor and off of her, then rolled over. "I don't wanna wake up," Celeste complained. "I'm so tired. Five more minutes." But Queenie won't be happy with you sleeping in, will she? As usual, the truth was bitter, wasn't it? Celeste rolled over again and sat up. She pulled the blinds on the window above her bed open, allowing the sunlight to leak in and wake her up for good, then she walked over to her closet and looked for something nice to wear.

Something elegant would be nice, wouldn't it? Or maybe something simple... This was the thing Celeste didn't like about royalty. She never knew what to wear, whether she should dress like a fancy person and flaunt her fortune or if she should dress practically and be comfortable. Choosing to dress more practically, she changed from her nightgown into a pair of black jeans, a red tank top and some short heeled boots - The boots managed to give her enough height to almost meet 6 feet. Celeste ran to her bathroom, washed her hands, brushed her teeth and walked back out to her bedroom. She threw her nightgown onto her bed, walked out of her room and into the one of the grand hallways in Queenie's castle. From there she would head to the garden, since there always seemed to be someone there she was interested in. At that she started walking down the hall with her head high.

I wonder where everyone is, Celeste thought. The castle seems oddly quiet today... "Jester!" Queenie's voice carried through the halls - Rather than heading to the garden, Celeste decided on heading to the throne room. Upon reaching one of the doors, Celeste peeked her head into the throne room. She walked over to Rai with a smile on her face. "Good morning, Queenie," Celeste chimed. "How are you today?"

@Queen Rai

"Good morning, Queenie, how are you today?"

Rai's eyebrow rose slightly, and then she let out a long sigh and said, "There's that nickname again. Honestly, it sounds like something you would call your pet...but to answer your question, I'm alright. Incredibly bored, but alright. Where is that fool? Honestly, making me sit and wait like this."

Celeste

"There's that nickname again. Honestly, it sounds like something you would call your pet..."
Yes, but calling you Queen Raina Elizabeth Hope the Third is obnoxious and doesn't roll off the tongue as nicely as Queenie does, Celeste thought. Plus, Queenie is cute, I think. She wouldn't say that, because she would rather Queen Raina Elizabeth Hope the Third didn't start ordering her execution. "But to answer your question, I'm alright. Incredibly bored, but alright. Where is that fool? Honestly, making me sit and wait like this."

"Perhaps he's asleep, or out somewhere." As much as Celeste would love to offer 'entertainment' or whatever the Jester provided, dancing on hot plates wasn't her idea of fun, and she would much prefer to write or read or maybe head off to the garden like she planned. "Maybe you'd like to come to the garden with me? I'd love to have you along, and since you're in here all on your own, maybe you wouldn't mind. Of course, you don't have to come. Being out with people - And by people, I mean me - Is better than being alone on your throne, right?"​

Larry

"Jester!"

The Jester perked up from his sleep straight away upon the hearing of his title reverberate around the castle. The Fool wasn't one for sleeping, he took his job very seriously for a light-hearted person. Considering this his Liege yelled his name with such vehemence showed that she was indeed bored again. This seemed to be a regular occurrence but it was something that he laughed at all the same,hopefully an experience the Queen herself would giggle at also. Due to the fact that he couldn't afford another pair of clothes, the man himself simply slept, worked, ate then went to slumber again in the same outfit. He would love to have another attire; one in a different colour to the one he possessed at the moment to his striking, crimson red garments. He was contemplating buying a blue or green counterpart after he accumulated his years earning. Larry himself never seemed to tire of his ridiculous job, maybe because he considered himself an entertainer for life, one that would never cease to put a smile on a face.

"C-COMING MY QUEEN!" he yelled in response, thrashing the imaginary duvet whilst getting from his imaginary bed, "I'll be with you in just a moment! Let me just...gather..my e-equipment..."

After his gathering his equipment in record setting time (while also making sure he looked as dashing as ever), the Jester made himself through the exalted, revered halls of Queen Rai, a benevolent ruler if she like she wants to be. Although Larry himself never made fun of people to their face, that wouldn't refrain him from having a giggle behind their back.

Noticing that the Duchess was present too, he began by saying, "My Queen, my Duchess, forgive me for being partially late; I hope you can find it in you heart to give me! Now, how would you like to be entertained?!"

(I find it funny that's he the oldest!)

@Queen Rai

@Haruhi Suzumiya

Last edited by a moderator:
"- Is better than being alone on your throne, right?"

The curtains near the thrones shifted and revealed the shadow of a man. This man was Sir Iksander Valemeni. He was dressed in his usual attire. Full armor, shiny glamorously branded with the Queen's sigil. In his right hand he held a massive battleaxe meant for one thing. Killing anyone who dared to mean the Queen harm. It is said that Queen Rai once asked Iksander to use his battleaxe to cleave flies that were bothering her while on a trip to a distant land. Iksander completed the task without hesitation and flies were no longer a problem.

"The Queen is not always alone my lady." Iksander said quietly from his hiding place. Not one to be in the spotlight, he preferred to remain hidden yet close enough to protect his Queen. He eyed the Jester warily.

(@Queen Rai @Haruhi Suzumiya )

"Maybe you'd like to come to the garden with me? I'd love to have you along, and since you're in here all on your own, maybe you wouldn't mind. Of course, you don't have to come. Being out with people - And by people, I mean me - Is better than being alone on your throne, right?"

Rai raised her eyebrows, about to reply when the jester came clamoring in with an apology. She raised an eyebrow, and then leaned back, crossing her legs. She could hear Iksander, her favorite guard, shift out from behind the curtains.

"The Queen is not always alone my lady."

The girl smiled up at him. A genuine smile, as she said, "Thank you, Iksander. Would you run along and tell one of the servants to bring me something to eat? And Celeste, please, take a seat. The show's about to start!"

"My Queen, my Duchess, forgive me for being partially late; I hope you can find it in you heart to give me! Now, how would you like to be entertained?!"

Rai's smile faded as she glanced back at the jester. Thinking for a moment, she said, "Juggle! I do love your juggling. Do you have anything that can be set on fire?"

(@Haruhi Suzumiya @Larry @Akihito)

Esther yawned and fell out of bed. "Ow, why does that always happen." She whines and rubs her head. What time was it anyway, she checks her watch and almost screams. She was very late! She hurried to make herself presentable to the queen. Alright shower check face and teeth check, clothes... hair... She huffed, what to wear what to wear? She finally pick out a nice blue dress but her hair was still a mess. She stares at the mirror..whatever, the queen wouldn't notice. Esther ran out her room grabbing a small cheese pastry from her maid before sprinting toward the throne room. She panting, trying to catch her breath, before bowing. "Good morning your highness." She then turns and waved to everyone else before stuffing the pastry in her mouth.

Iksander gave the Queen an uneasy look at being sent away where he could not defend her if enemies come but he did not object or defy her orders. He stamped his left fist into his chestplate as a salute. Iksander leaned his battleaxe behind the curtain, in case the Queen or her other guards needed a weapon, and left to acquire the Queen her food from the servants.

He entered the kitchen where the servants were all bustling along, already getting ready for the meals of the day. Iksander gestured for one of them to attend him.

"My lo-"

"I am no lord. The Queen requires food in the throne hall. Be quick about it. Bring it to me before you send it to her. I must taste it in case there is any poisoning. I swear to you, if the food was poisoned. The last of my strength will be used to rip the head of your shoulders. Hear me, you will not live long after I have died!" Iksander said to the servant, his last words in an angry shout. The servant quailed from Iksander and nodded, rushing to acquire food.

Iksander leaned against the kitchen entrance and watched the servants warily as they prepared food. It was only a few moments later when the servant nervously came to Iksander with the food. Iksander took a small bit from each portion to check, waiting a minute before moving on to the next. He gave the servant a curt nod and sent him on his way to the Queen.

"I thank you for your service." Iksander said politely. He followed the servant back into the throne room where he took his true position, right behind the Queen's throne where he quietly told her the food was here, pointing to the nervous servant, fidgeting on the side.

Celeste

"Celeste, please, take a seat. The show's about to start!"

Celeste did as she was told and took a seat nearby. She put her hands in her lap, then looked at Queenie again - She didn't look dissatisfied, which was good. "My Queen, my Duchess, forgive me for being partially late; I hope you can find it in you heart to give me! Now, how would you like to be entertained?!" Celeste wasn't sure whether she was being asked, too, and she would rather not assume that she was and get a slap or a death sentence from Rai. The thought of food crossed Celeste's mind, as she hadn't eaten since lunch the last day... Celeste's stomach growled as a response. She let out an involuntary "Oh" and blushed.

"The Queen requires food in the throne hall. Be quick about it. Bring it to me before you send it to her. I must taste it in case there is any poisoning."

Suddenly Celeste didn't feel so hungry - In fact, she felt as if she had just swallowed a brick. No food, Celeste thought and bit her tongue. I can't eat anything now...

"Juggle! I do love your juggling. Do you have anything that can be set on fire?"

"Oh but of course my Liege, but of course! But I am surprised to hear of you praise for my meagre art! By association, you must love me also? Pardon me my Queen, just the cackles of a fool in his folly. Indeed, I have torches with me this very morning! I had a subjugating feeling that you would request such a thing, so it t'will be what I present to you!"

After finishing his passage of speech that encompassed the amount of time he could speak for the next year, the Jester himself began his juggling with a spontaneous, enthralling start as the lit torches were flung into the air one after another. Many watching might consider the act mad, verging on the insane but for Larry, this was just work; Royal work. The masked-man continued this for the next few minutes, twisting and contorting in spine-bending way. This included jumping at precise angles to avoid getting seared by the flames even if they weren't as fiery as the passion for his craft that drove him. The things he did for this family, funny indeed. After one last throw into the air, the sticks fell down in a variety of places, some were found in his hands, they others were found on his feet; one even nestled itself into his head. Bowing his as a sign of courtesy (forced courtesy but courtesy nonetheless), the Fool clinically quenched the flames that once burned alight, stuffing them into whatever vacuum of space they came from.

"With that my Queen, my Lady Spades, my newly-arrived Duchess Esther, Sir Iksander Valemeni, my show has ended!" he announced, wiping a non-existent tear away from his mask, "If you request more or me, I entreat you to do so! I will sit over there, wherever there is, doing something in aforementioned there!"

And so he did, moving there.

"Good morning your highness."

Rai looked up at the bowing girl and acknowledged her with a short nod before turning her attention towards the quivering servant. With one gesture of the hand urging him to come forth, the servant scurried to the Queen's side. She took the plate of food, and without a thank you, she waved him away. She looked down at the plate, evaluating each item on it to make sure it was good enough to touch the royal taste-buds. Eventually, her hunger won over and she began to eat.

"Oh but of course my Liege, but of course! But I am surprised to hear of you praise for my meagre art! By association, you must love me also? Pardon me my Queen, just the cackles of a fool in his folly. Indeed, I have torches with me this very morning! I had a subjugating feeling that you would request such a thing, so it t'will be what I present to you!"

Rai applauded as the show had begun, her focus completely captured by the flaming torches being tossed and thrown in the air. She was quite saddened when it had ended, and stuck out her bottom lip.

"I didn't tell you to stop!" she huffed.

"I didn't tell you to stop!"

The Jester at that moment was playing peek-a-boo with his hat and pair of gloves when his obscured face turned towards the direction of the indignant cry. My word, Larry thought as he placed a hand to a cheek, My Queen must find herself infatuated with me, I feel so honoured! After quickly but surely cropping himself to his feet with a vehement sigh, the Fool knelt down on one knee before the thrown, like some knight that was going to be promoted. It wasn't very often that the one most Exalted wanted him to continue his act, especially when saying in such an indignant tone. Either She was extremely fond of him or the woman found the threatening of his very livelihood a sight worth all the gold in the vaults of this glorious castle.

"What would request of me this time your Highness?" he began, looking at the Queen with an invisible, wondering gaze, "Perhaps you would like the show to be 'spiced' up? Making it a bit more 'spicy'? Would you like it to be so 'spicy', that even a chili pepper could not hold a light to this spectacle?"

"What would request of me this time your Highness? Perhaps you would like the show to be 'spiced' up? Making it a bit more 'spicy'? Would you like it to be so 'spicy', that even a chili pepper could not hold a light to this spectacle?"

Rai raised an eyebrow in confusion before saying, "Oh, um...of course. Do what you wish, just don't stand there doing nothing! Now hurry up, I'm getting impatient!"

(Lame post :D )

After kicking the last cabbage-eating bunny out of the garden, Sven sat down on a stack of crates and sighed loudly. As if it wasn't enough with the insects, someone kept putting bunnies in his flower beds. Not cool. He had his suspicions, but he decided to let it slip. He was just about to take a nap, when he caught a couple words through the murmurs from inside the castle. "that even a chili pepper could not hold a light..." Is someone questioning my chili peppers? Bastards. I will get them. But later. I'm tired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back