• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Return of the Mages

Elffri3nd

BLACKJACK!
Roleplay Type(s)
The world was in despair and darkness flooded the land. Mages of terrible and dark magic, creatures straight from myth and ancient species tormented civilizations. Kingdoms offered sacrifices to this threat. Kings offered their daughters and their eldest sons to end the violence. Nothing that they did could stop this terror. Had this dark cult succeeded in its goals they would have summoned the thirteen demons of destruction that would have destroyed the world. However, Mages of purity gathered in the worlds time of need and pushed back the evil that threatened to destroy it. Together they forged a long-lasting order to ensure that evil would never come so close to destroying the world ever again.

However, as the order was seen less important they disbanded and the evil that was fought back for so long found its way into the hearts of man. Now the world is once again in need. While the enemy may seem small and powerless now, they will grow in power and they will once again attempt to summon the thirteen demons of destruction. Do you have what it takes to save the world or destroy it?

You must gather a band of heroes and do everything you can do, everything in your power to stop the threat, or if you are evil you must find mages that share your values and strike down those in charge. Some may even follow after the original dark ones and wish to summon the great demons. However,

the only way for the great demons to be summoned is by using the Book of Chaos, which was lost in the great fight between the Order and the Dark ones.

Some back ground info on the order:

The order of white mages had pure and primal powers; light, darkness, water, fire, earth, wind etc.. The heads of the order, the riders as they are called, each look after the lower parts of the order to make sure that everything is running smoothly. The members contacted each other in the plane of the mind, and held their meetings telepathically so that their enemies didn't learn any important order secrets.

Some back ground info on the dark ones:

The dark ones were anyone and any species, they wished to summon the demons to remake the world in their image. Nothing could get in their way, and nothing could stop their dream until the arrival of the order. They hated the morals and laws of the world and they believe the only way anything could be solved was by remaking the world in their image.

The role play will be driven by the community and will have arcs for the plot suggested by people with in, as long as they are appropriate for the game.

@Rebecca Ruby Woods

@Stern LuLuLu

@Loki Odinson

A glass bottle shows up in front of your door one day. Inside it is a map of the country. There is a red X on Mount Horror, located in brutal snow country far south. On the back of the map is written the following words:

The Thirteen shall rise again.

One bottle letter is addressed to Rebecca Woods, the other to Kesyer Bastion. Whoever sent it knows who you are and where you live.

Last edited by a moderator:
William sat on a broken throne in the ruins of what used to be the strong hold of the Order of White Mages. All of the glory that they used to share was lost in the past. The order was a fading name, and William was for the most part the last member. He had heard numerous reports of pillaging, rape, murder and many other things. The world may have decided that the order was no longer a necessity but he wouldn't let the worlds last flame of hope die out. From the throne he could see much of the world. The ruins were on top of one of the tallest mountains which had many dangerous paths that lead up to the strong hold. He put his hand up to his heading calling on the ancient power of the order to contact anyone that could hear him. "My name is William last leader of the Order of the White Mages. If you can hear my voice I solemly request your presence ontop of the Hidden Mountain. The world is in a vulnerable state and it needs your help! Come and fight on it's behalf!"

@Elikacheese @Dyoti @Aeshae @Alphaius

Mern appeared in a bolt of lighting, as she looked up towards the old man. She shook off her numbness when she materialized and looked towards the man. "What do you want Leader of the White Mages William?" Mern said as she looked around. "The Order has been dead for a long period of time, and things are in peace...for now" Mern said as she focused her attention back to the old man. "If there is some sort of evil presence then tell me, unless it's just a bank robbery from a rich family" Mern said as she had no sympathy towards the rich. She took out a her sophia just in case something lurked in the shadows.

@Wyatt

Taku heard the booming voice overhead as he was sitting on a grassy meadow on the country side. With a sigh, he looked down at his old master's tome. "I suppose... Maybe it's time to discuss negotiations." Taku threw his hand upwards and muttered several words, a basic light spell: teleportation to home base. The Order.

In a flash of pure white light, Taku stepped onto the floor before the leader of The Order. Despite not technically being a member, he was raised in The Order, so he felt a sort of obligation to at least hear what the dying organization had to say for itself.

Naraw heard the commanding power of the voice as it was carried by the wind. He heard it's wants, and knew that whatever it was must be important. "Something must be wrong if the fading Order is calling... Ok, I will answer it." he says both excitedly and fearfully. He sprinted at amazing speed to the leader of The Order, and arrives not long after the other two.

Azareal Erynion

His eyes narrowed and scanned the surroundings of his small secluded hut even as he directed a tendril of shadows to pick the bottle up. One couldn't be too careful, and one didn't live as long as he did by being trusting. Azareal flicked a finger, uncapping the bottle and retrieving the map within after ensuring that no nasty curses or spells were weaved onto the items.

A small smirk curled his lips as he swept glowing amber eyes over the piece of parchment and the words written boldly on it. It seemed the promised time has come. And none too soon. The Dark Elf had been growing rather bored these present days, with no sign of activity from either side and a gratingly peaceful lull settling in the air. Well, no more. Discarding the glass bottle and pocketing the map, Azareal ensured he had everything he needed before opening a portal before him and stepping through to his destination. It was a good thing he had been to the foot of Mount Horror in the early days of his travels. Sucks to be the others who had to traverse the entire brutal snow land on foot to get there.

@Wyatt @Elikacheese @Dyoti @Aeshae

Kesyer finished looking over the map before crushing the bottle in hand sitting in a room filled with books all over the place

"So someone might have the information im looking for or someone wants to have there skull crushed well whatever it will be fun to see how they know me it would be bad to leave any lose ends" just then a group of bandits comes in with bags of stole magical items and hands him some books

"a Boss we hit that magic shop and got alot of good stuff here your half "handing me books on summoning

"Leave it we're going on a hiking trip be ready for battle"as he heads out laughing

One moment the old man had been alone, and then Justine appeared. He had heard the old man's voice boom across the land and it was a long journey for him but he managed to make it there before anyone else. He squinted his eyes at everyone, all had lived in bliss without watching the world around them. Other wise they would have seen the growing threat. "Allow me to speak on the behalf of our concerned leader." He said before William had another chance to speak. "There has been a large amount of violence throughout the kingdoms and an old shadow looms over the world. A shadow that threatens to devour the world, a shadow that has already tried to destroy the world!" His voice then fell silent as he said no more.

William then rose and placed his hand on Justine's shoulder. "He is correct, I have called you all here so that we can full fill our duties and protect our world. I may be powerful but I can't stop the storm by my self." He looked at the group of warriors that had gathered in front of him, fearing what their answers would be. He needed their help, their skills and their strength. "So what is your answer, will you join our cause?"

@Alphaius @Elikacheese @Rebecca Ruby Woods @Thinslayer @Aeshae @Stern LuLuLu @Dyoti @Loki Odinson

Taku looked at the ground, unsure of what to say. Deciding he looked back at the Saint defiantly. "This threat. Is it the Dark Ones again? And if so, can you really even prove they're doing anything actually evil? That book that could summon their ultimate weapons was destroyed! What makes you so sure that the world is in danger?" True, Taku was downright scared he spoke against the leader of The Order, even if it was a fading name. Still, there could have been an alternative agenda that Taku needed to know about.

Mern was look at her comrades, and waited for their response. She had some work that she wanted to attend to, but waited until this important meeting to end. She looked to the left to see the sky, that was full of blue. She stared down Arthur when he spoke against the leader of the White mages. When the leader responded to Arthur's question she would ask a question. "Exactly how many of us are left, since my absence seemed to be fateful for me to survive" Mern said in a calm voiced as she at the leader.

Ravana Alduin

She couldn't help the small scoff that escaped her lips even as her fingers tightened on the handle of her staff at the Leader's absurd question.

"Of course I'm going to join the cause. Had I other ideas, I wouldn't be here now, would I?" The mention of the oncoming darkness made her tense and uneasy.

She could sense what the green-haired male thought of them when his narrowed eyes swept across the assembly. He thought that they did not pay attention, did not truly care about the outside world and the gathering forces of evil. But he was wrong in that aspect. She knew her duties as a member of the Light Order, and a Light Mage, however, her contract explicitly stated that only when summoned would she heed the call. Ravana was not as informed as the others on the ongoings of the outside world, cooped up in the forest as she constantly was, but a druid worth their salt could sense the darkness shifting in the air around. She suspected the growing strength of the darkness, but had no idea the situation had became this bad. Nevertheless, now that she was summoned, she planned to do everything in her power to stop it, no matter if the others were in or not.

@Wyatt @Elikacheese @Dyoti @Aeshae

Already William could sense the tension in the room. Everyone had their questions and everyone had their doubts. He plucked his bread as he listened to what Arthur had to say. He was surely wrong to think as he did. "The dark shadow is one that the dark one once was cast, not only are they casting it again but they are casting a long one." The fact that Arthur assumed that the book of chaos had been destroyed was incredible. "How could you even begin to assume that such a powerful artifact could have been destroyed!?! It was in fact lost in one of our final battles with the Dark Ones." Then came Mern's question, which was reasonable. "The others followed in your example. As our importance seemed to vanish so did the loyality of our members and so the abounded their duties just like many of you did. However, I am happy to see your return."

Justine took a seat as the others discussed their problems, none of them seemed to be reasonable, except for one who hadn't spoken up yet. He looked at Ravana waiting for her to speak. Just by looking at her he could see that she was a druid and most druids would know of the impending doom that was know lurking under every stone of the world.

@Loki Odinson @Elikacheese @Aeshae @Alphaius @Epax

A dark mist falls down to the front of Mount Horror Kesyer looking around with his group seeing some sketchy guy "Well I'm here lets see what they have to tell me "looks over to guy "Hay evil looking guy why are you here get a message in a bottle "laughs a little after saying it

@Loki Odinson

Gregor walks up the Path to the hidden mountain. He had been walking for several hours now his armor clanging in the pack on his back, all that steel was just to uncomfortable. "I wonder if the white Mage will be upset at my being late" he muses as he takes the first of many winding,battered, and worn steps up the steep mountain path.

As he ascends he whistles a low tune. An old song, sung by bards throughout the taverns of the lands. A song about a warrior who had just lost his horse at the hands of a troll. It was a slightly sad song but had a beautiful melody.(music)(music)

Ravana Alduin

Ravana stared off into the distance as she listened to Willaim answering the others' questions, her mind turning over what he said about the artifact, knowing that which he referred to was the dreaded Book of Chaos. One that can summon the Greater Demons - beings who made the current horrors look like infants' play.

"We need information if we are to stand against the Dark Ones. While we know that they have the Book, none of the Greater Beings have been summoned as of yet. Is it because of limitations or are they lacking an essential ingredient?" Her eyes fixed on the wizened Leader. "And what will you have us do first? Mere gathering and reforming of the Order is not all you have planned, I reckon. So tell us, Leader, everything that you know so we may work towards ridding the land of their taint."

@Wyatt

Azareal Erynion

Azareal's portal had just vanished behind him when a voice called out to him with a laugh. He cast a surveying glance over the youth, before turning his gaze back to admiring the interior of the snow-capped Mountain Horror. Well, he had better start climbing if he was to make it to the meeting location on time.

"Don't ask inane questions when the answer is clear, brat." The grin plastered to his face turning sharp as he started forward. "Or else someone might just drop you in the middle of the ocean if they are the paranoid sort."

@Stern LuLuLu

Azareal Erynion entered Grey Citadel first. The portal took him to the front gate. Tall black doors towered above him, standing strong against the cold, untouchable by any conventional weapon. They groaned open to let him through. Once inside, they slammed shut, momentarily leaving him alone in utter darkness.

A rumbling sound filled the room shortly before his eyes adjusted. When they did, he could make out a staircase just beyond an archway. A cold, stiff wind blew through it and bit through his clothing. As he ascended, pitch-dark openings along the walls hummed with low moans, uttering curses at him in an unknown tongue. At the top of the stairwell he found a lonely blue portal, a special one just for him.

Upon stepping through, he was introduced to the place the citadel's owner called home. This area had a considerably different atmosphere from the lobby, with adequate lighting evenly spaced on stone pillars that ran along the east and west sides of the room. One's footfalls made no sound upon the red carpet that graced the floor. Six doors, three on each wall, lined up behind the pillars, and there was an opening into the throne room at the end of the hall. If one turned to look around, one would notice a set of double doors on the other end of the hall, with a blue teleportation portal just in front of them should the individual desire to go back outside.

The throne room was relatively spartan by contrast, with wide stairways on both sides of the room leading up to an upper story ring for the audience and a podium in the center. Below the podium and between the stairways was the black throne, upon which sat a crimson-clad woman leaning upon one hand.

Lady Grey.

A bit taken aback by the leaders words, Taku couldn't help but grit his teeth and nod. Everything he said made sense after all. Looking around, he realized exactly where he was. He stood in the spot where many official members of The Order stand. Actual mages who have contributed to the their cause. Suddenly wondering if he should leave, Taku removed his tome from his bag, remembering his master. "I agree with that woman. What would we do with hardly any actual organization to give us standing? Information gather? Recruit? We can't just charge at wherever the Dark Ones are at and begin fighting, can we?" Taku had his doubts. About the people here, and of their leader. True, they were all stronger than he was and could probably wipe him out where he stands, but that doesn't necessarily mean they were right in what they were doing.

Finally making it up the stairs Gregor breathed a huge sigh of relief.

"Bloody hell thats a lot of stairs!" He gasps doubling over. After he catches his breath he pauses. There was a voice coming from inside the main fortress, hardly more than a faint drawl. But hunting the wicked beasts that dwell in the darkness tends to make ones senses a bit more acute, or they retire early...

"Great!!! I didn't miss the meeting" he exclaims and he walks towards the door with excitement.

Hopeing to not interrupt the meeting he he pushed the door open very slowly and slipped in.

Thank the heavens the door didn't creak...

He thinks to himself as he leans against the door frame listening to what is being said and attempting to figure out what he missed.

"Oh..." Mern said as she looked down in shame. She was unnaturally busy with her spell weaving, and crafting of magical entities that would protect towns. She turned around to see Gregor. "You should really use something to get up here faster" She replied when she saw Gregor. She had many things that could help a person move fast such as objects, a certain magnus, and a heart source. But she turned around without replying to focus her attention back on the leader of the white mage.

William fell back onto the throne, he had no plan to stop the impending doom. He had hoped that by gathering the others they would some how come up with a miraculous miracle. "There is some hope Ravana, for we do not know if the Dark one's have the book. No one has known has seen it for centuries. Now I have to be honest with all of you, I had no plan when I summoned you all. I summoned you when I felt the urgency of the situation now I need your council. How should we precede?" They may not all have originally been members but now as far as he was concerned they all had a place in the organization.

Justine was a little discouraged by the leader's words, it was hard to believe that such a wise man could not see the correct path for them to take. He then stood up again and spoke up to the other members. "I think we will have to gather more intelligence, we have to know what we are up against and find what ever weakness it might have."

@Loki Odinson @Elikacheese @Aeshae @Alphaius @Epax

confirming with the old man Kesyer continued with one of his minions the rest of the group the behind following after while seeing the old man leave

"ok I'm off don't do anything stupid tell i get back "Hoping this wouldn't be a waste of time and not know much about the the dark ones besides what his mother told him he was more than happy move forward

"I may become absent again" Mern said to the Leader of the White mages. "They're some things I've been working on, and I have intent on finishing them" Mern said. In honest she was a little nervous, because being absent again would result a down fall, and a loss, but she was a minor right? "I have to complete somethings, and I think they'll be very time consuming" as she looked away at Justine, since he was not the back up leader.

@Wyatt

Azareal Erynion

The Dark Elf moved cautiously across the floor, silent and prowling as his eyes darted around, searching for threats or hostiles in the dark. Not that any being with ill-intention towards him would be able to hide in the shadows - his domain - but there were some very foolish being out there. The interior of the citadel was oddly comforting, the groans, whispers and dark mutters only served to widen his gleeful smile. How long has it been since he set foot in an appropriately eerie place, he had no idea. This felt like a warm homecoming.

Chuckling lightly under his breath, he slipped into the throne room, stopping midway across the area and tilted his head to the side as he folded his arms across his chest. His stance was relaxed and oozed laxness, but he was anything but. The smile stayed unfaltering on his face as he regarded the woman sprawling on the black throne with a mild hint of interest.

"Are you the one sending messages in bottles around? Might want to be more original than that, Lady. It's awfully cliche."

@Wyatt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back