• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Residents

king5ter

Bittersweet Psychopath
In the city of New York, a newly built apartment building is slowly filling up with tenants, as residents slowly move in. Everything is normal and calm.

Pfft, yeah right.

Everyone has something to hide, and some have dark secrets. Lives are playing out, but not in the way people want them to. Everything is changing.

Dorian laid the revolver down on his desk as Aaron walked in. He sat down and beckoned for Aaron to do the same, and he did, but reluctantly, keeping a careful eye on Dorian. After their previous encounter he didn't want to get too close.

"So. Aaron. How may I help you?"

Aaron sighed, and for a few minutes did not reply, just sat there and stared at Dorian. Dorian didn't speak, didn't get impatient or angry, just sat there and waited. Eventually, Aaron stood up, but he didn't leave, only walked over to the window and looked out at the city below. "I never wanted to come back here. Never wanted to have to come to you. But no matter how hard I tried, nobody was as good. Nobody looked at things the way you did. I hate to say it, but you're the only one who can help me."

"And what is it exactly that you need help with?"

"There's a convenience store opposite my building. You know the place. Well, a couple weeks ago, I popped in to get a drink, and it was empty. I thought that perhaps they were just in the back or something, so I looked around to pass the time, but after about fifteen minutes, still nobody had arrived. I was about to leave when I heard these strange noises coming from the back, sort of like muffled shouts. My curiosity got the better of me and I leapt the counter to see what was going on. There was no one in any of the storage rooms, but in a supply closet, I found a body. I didn't recognize it, but there was blood everywhere. I left the room and dialed 911, but...well, they answered the phone, but it wasn't what you usually get. The voice was crystal clear, but it didn't sound very friendly. I said that I had an emergency, and the exact reply...well, I wrote it down." He pulled a piece of paper from his pocket and began to read. "'Mr Aaron Wisp. I do believe that you are quite a loud person. What a shame. I bet I can convince you to stay quiet. Go back into the supply closet.' So I went back in, and the body was gone. Vanished into thin air. No blood, not even a drop. Nobody could have gone in there without me seeing, and there's only one entrance. I looked down at where the body was, and there was a piece of paper. It said 'Check your wardrobe'. I went home, opened my wardrobe, and the body was there, along with a wardrobe full of blood. If I call the police, they'll have evidence to suggest it was me. I need you to find out who did this and prove it was them."

Dorian took this all in quickly, running through things in his head. "I'll head down to the store soon. Goodbye, Aaron."

Aaron frowned. "Don't you want to look in my apartment? At, you know, the body?"

"There's nothing of interest to me there."

"Suit yourself." And with that he was gone.

Larry would step out of a cab as he stares up at the apartment buildings. He would have rotted suit case dangling behind him as he makes his way to the front doors. "Ah...Home sweet home.." He would say in a muttered voice as he walks through the door. Larry would now make his way to the front desk as he tracks in mud prints from his nasty shoes. He would make his way to his room as he marches up the steps to find his Apartment number.

Larry tracks would eventually ware off as he walks through the hallway to his apartment. He would swing the door open and give a glance to the inside "Home sweet home..." He would now give a nasty cough out of his mouth as it turns into a menacing chuckle, as he kicks off his shoes feeling instantly feeling comfortable with the newly built room. Larry would leap into a chair making it dirty with his clothing. "Now i better set up my fricken lab.." He would mutter as he grabs a cigar pack from his coat pocket. Larry would rock back and fourth in the chair as his belly would jiggle to his movement, he would light his cigar with a small lighter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chrystabel gave a slight spin as she looked about the room, she had to move apartments. Well, not necessarily there were other routes that she could have gone. Though she likes to change her scenario every once and awhile, seemed like a good time to change things up.

The night before she had managed to get all of her major furniture items, couch, chairs, tables, etc. Today she would be able to finish, at least get the boxes of stuff into the house. To flesh the apartment out, so that she could focus back on her school and work again.

After a couple minutes of a little bit more straightening around she went downstairs, where the moving truck had been parked. Her younger step brother there, as he had been the one helping her. She grabbed a few boxes and headed back upstairs though the hall.

Conner looked up at the apartment building, a bit intimidated at the sheer size of the place. Grabbing the strings of his backpack, he shuffled in, shoulders hunched. He systematically looked for his apartment, pulling the crumpled sheet he had it written on out of his bag. When he located it, he pulled out his key and unlocked the door, walking in and and carefully set his backpack and computer case on the floor of the otherwise empty apartment.

He'd stock the kitchen soon enough, and hopefully his friend would be able to come through with the couch like they'd been talking about, but for now he figured he might as well just go walk around the complex and see what he could see.

Roo said:
Chrystabel gave a slight spin as she looked about the room, she had to move apartments. Well, not necessarily there were other routes that she could have gone. Though she likes to change her scenario every once and awhile, seemed like a good time to change things up.
The night before she had managed to get all of her major furniture items, couch, chairs, tables, etc. Today she would be able to finish, at least get the boxes of stuff into the house. To flesh the apartment out, so that she could focus back on her school and work again.

After a couple minutes of a little bit more straightening around she went downstairs, where the moving truck had been parked. Her younger step brother there, as he had been the one helping her. She grabbed a few boxes and headed back upstairs though the hall.
Jason sighed. He was bored. Very bored. Extremely bored. Ian had been out of town for a week now and that was only the start. He was on some big development trip for Ubisoft over seas. Leaving Jason alone with plenty of money to last him while he was gone but with nothing to do. He'd become bored quickly with no one to game with and had resigned himself to watching YouTube videos primarily. He'd just finished watching an episode of Gamer Girl's Firsts by this cool chick that went by Celebi and as usual he found himself wondering why he couldn't find a girl like that as usual.

With a defeated sigh he unglued himself from the monitor of her latest video where she informed everyone the next video would be awhile due to her moving. He quickly threw on some shoes and grabbed his glasses, heading out his door and into the hallway where he instantly froze, mouth agape, as his glasses fell to the floor with a clatter.

"Celebi?!" He said in surprise.

"Huh?" Chrystabel couldn't see, the boxes mostly blocking her view. It took her a second to figure out what the person was say and doing, being disrected. After a moment it click.

"Oh," she smiled stupidly, stifling a laugh, "a fan?"

Roo said:
"Huh?" Chrystabel couldn't see, the boxes mostly blocking her view. It took her a second to figure out what the person was say and doing, being disrected. After a moment it click.
"Oh," she smiled stupidly, stifling a laugh, "a fan?"
Uhh....ehhh...I....ahh.... You.... Uhh...." Jason fumbled as his suspicions were confirmed, at a loss for words.

Larry would be rummaging through his cases as he pulls out large chemistry supplies. He would lock his door and close the blinds as he sets up his room, to what he wanted. Larry would grasp his cigar and take one good look at the room he has set up as he lets out a greasy cough in doing so. "Beautiful..." he would mutter.

Larry would hear his cellphone ringing in his pocket as it goes of and echoes throughout the room. "Hello?" he would say answering the phone. "So you need that package of goods right..ok then.. you better bring the money." He would hang up the phone as stuff it back in his pocket. Larry would crouch down beside his bed and pick up a cardboard box slowly. He would quickly swing his door open as he lets out a large cough while locking the door behind him, making his way down the stairs passing the folks. Larry would still have his cigar in his mouth as the stench fills the stairway with a nasty smell. Larry would make it outside as he calls for a cab. "TAXI!" He would yell as he makes his way to a open cab.

Caving in a bit Chrys found herself give off a slight laugh, slightly repositioning the boxes in her arms, "hey, do me a favor and open 27B. It should be unlocked."

Jason moved quickly to the door, opening it, "I... Uhh... Yea..." Jason said, pushing it in and moving out of her way.

Larry would finish with his delivery as he leaps out of the cab, he would make his way toward the apartments. Larry would march up the stairs as he shoves his cash into his pocket. He would unlock and swing open his apartment door and suspiciously slam the door and lock it quickly. "Those dang cops.." He would say as he goes toward the window and peek down at the street.

Larry would quickly close the blinds as he goes over to the door and locks the second lock on the door, he would then quickly slide a box out from underneath the bed and swing open the top. "Their it is...my purrty gun!" He would say as he grasps the Glock. Larry would slam down onto his chair as he checks out the gun and smokes his cigar. "Let's see what's on TV!" He would mutter as the cigar jiggles around in his mouth as he clicks his remote.

"I..uhh..yea... no. .. Uhh. .. no problem.." Jason mumbled, trying not to stare at her.

Chrystabel turned around quickly, placing her hands on her hips a bright friendly grin on her face.

"Randomly met fans on the streets all the time, but I've never had one as a neighbor," Chrys walked up to him and offered her hand for a handshake.

"Name's Chrystobel but most people call my Chrys, who are you?"

Larry would whistle as he rocks back and fourth in his chair taking apart his gun and cleaning it. He would watch the TV as he glances down at the gun and fills a magazine up with the correct bullets. Larry would lift himself off the chair as he peers out the window, seeing the black car still sitting out their. "That dang fricken..." He wouldn't say the rest after he rips the blinds back over the window. "Screw this.." he would unlock his door and star barging down the stairs of the apartment building. He would have his glock in his coat as he conceals it. Larry would barge out the door as he goes toward the black vehicle.

Larry would grasp his Glock and quickly extract it out of his jacket and start firing at the vehicle, the vehicle would shoot off as it leaves the block. He would quickly shove the glock back in his jacket as he books it back into the apartments.

Chrys stifled another laugh, taking Jason's hand into a forced yet somehow friendly handshake.

"Nice to meet you Jason."

"Nice... Nice to meet you... you're... really beautiful..." He blurted out suddenly, his eyes going wide as he quickly pulled his hand back and fumbled with his glasses, "I mean uhh, I uhhh..." He mumbled before his glasses fell to the floor.

Chrys grabbed his glasses for him, then put them on his face for him.

"Thank you, you're pretty handsome yourself," she answered.

Roo said:
Chrys grabbed his glasses for him, then put them on his face for him.
"Thank you, you're pretty handsome yourself," she answered.
"I..." Jason started as his cheeks lit up Like a fire engine.

"Hey, I have a ton of boxes downstairs that I need to get to my apartment. My step brother's here to help me... But he had to drive several hours and he's probably not ganna be much help. Can you help me out?" Chrys asked.

"I uhh... Uhm... yea..sure." Jason said after a moment of trying to salvage his dignity. It failed. His cheeks were still bright red.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back