TheCarolean

Gott Mit Uns
german stuff.png

Official Name: The Reich

Demonym: Citizen

Government Type: Fascism

Leader: The Fuhrer

Galaxy: Large Magellanic Cloud

Territory: from the edge of the galaxy that is closest to the Milky Way, to the the inner region of the galaxy.

Number of systems: 5 Million

Influence Rank: 4

Capital World: Eden, an Earth like world that was among the first to be discovered by the human colonists who would later create the Reich. Now, it is very Urban and Industrialized, and houses the main government of the Reich, and the HQ of both the Whermacht and the Kriegsmarine. In orbit, it has many defensive station and shipyards that are armed, which, combined with the defensive fleet, creates a formidable defense of the capital.

Population: 150 Trillion, most are human.

Tech Rank: 8.1

FTL Travel: The Reich uses a sophisticated form of warp travel, due to Warp not being reliant upon lanes of travel which can be easily blocked, allowing for greater mobility for fleet commanders. However, warp is much slower than Hyperspace, so in order to counter-act this, the Reich has devoted much research to the improvement of Warp Technology and the speed of warp vessels. The Reich has also mapped out the Hyperspace lanes in its region to gain a tactical edge over any invading force that may use hyperspace. For intergalactic voyages, the Reich relies on wormholes.

Technological Development focus: Military and Industry

Exceptional Tech:

Kriegmaschine: An extremely advanced robotic infantry unit, capable of any function that a standard soldier can perform. Standing at 5'10, the Kriegmaschine is a common sight among Whermacht forces. The head of a kriegmaschine is an angular camera, with metal plates to protect the optics system, however the CPU is not stored in the head, but in the heavily armored chest (which can be given additional modular armor to match the mission parameters). All of its joints are capable of a complete 360 swivel, increasing the joint's resistance to damage and the overall dexterity of the drone. Drones operate together in fireteam sized groups, which can all receive orders from the BattleNet deployed from command vehicles. Kriegmaschines are capable of creating their own tactics to defeat their opponents, and unlike human soldiers, do not stop because of damage. For example, a legless Kriegsmaschine will crawl to its enemies and keep trying to kill them until the CPU is destroyed. When one Kriegmaschine's optics are damaged, the other three members of its fireteam will direct their optic's feed to the Kriegmaschine that can not use its optics, allowing it to still be capable of fighting.

Culture: Overall, the Reich has a Very Conservative cultural, with the norm being a family unit with a mother, father and many children. The Government promotes high birth rates. The Military is regarded highly within the Reich, and hardworkers greatly admired. In terms of personal gain, people are entitled to what the earn, however jobs that serve the public interest are more highly regarded. Communism is widely considered a failed philosophy, and democracy is considered to be not strong enough to fully defend its people. Music itself is similar to how it was in the first half of the 20th century.

Government: The Absolute head of the State is the Fuhrer, however there is a legislative body whos primary responsibility is to create laws. On rare occasions, when the Fuhrer strongly disagrees with a law being enacted, the Fuhrer will intervene and either adjust it or completely veto it. The Fuhrer also appoints advisors to help them run the Government, except for one, an A.I. who has been an advisor since the founding of the Reich. For every Furher, this A.I. has been the most trusted and influential advisor, and some (behind closed doors and away from government ears) say that the A.I. is who truly holds power within the Reich. Almost every suggestion the A.I. makes is followed, it holds power over the Supreme commanders of both the Whermacht and Kriegsmarine, and typically, Fuhrers who do not listen to them have much shorter reigns. They even play a part in the appointment of a new Fuhrer when the previous one steps down or dies.

Military: The Reich's Military is divided into two main branches, the Kriegsmarine, which is responsible for the naval operations of the Reich and Marine Operations, and the Whermacht, which is the army of the Reich.

The Kriegsmarine typically favors tactics over brute strength, utilizing capable support ships, interdictors and carriers. That being said, the Kriegsmarine does operate some formidable battleships, dreadnoughts and super-dreadnoughts, such as the Bismarck Class. Marine forces are similar to the Shocktroopers of the Whermact, who use quick deployment and aggressive tactics to overwhelm any weak points and pave the way for standard units. Fighters and Bombers are considered extremely important to the Kriegsmarine, and much time is devoted to the training of capable pilots. Fighters of the Reich are jacks of all trades, being agile and heavily armed, yet also quite resilient. They are also capable of fast precision ground attack. However, these fighters are quite pricey, and are a good example of the the Reich's philosophy of quality over quantity. Bombers rely on speed to get to their targets quickly and deliver their payload, and then quickly escape.

The Whermacht handles most ground operations of the Reich. Whermacht doctrine is based upon mobile warfare, and striking where the enemy is weakest or where it will hurt the enemy the most. Instead of simply trying to take a fortress, the Whermacht will bypass it completely, cut off supply routes to it and let its defenders either starve or surrender. When assaults do take place, Shocktroopers are always the spearhead of such an assault.

History: The Reich was originally a small, weak confederacy of independent human colonies in the Large Magellanic Cloud, with the strongest of these colonies being the colony of Eden. At somepoint, the colony of Eden had a shift from a democracy to military dictatorship headed by the A.I. and Human Generals. Eden began a campaign to exterminate the pirates and slavers that had been plaguing the Colonies for many years. This act rallied many of the colonies to Eden's cause, which set out to bring the rest of the colonies under its rule. This ignited a short but bloody civil war that ended with the Creation of the Reich. The Reich expanded like a tumor in the Magellanic cloud, and was unchecked by any major power in the irregular galaxy, allowing it to grow into a colossal nation.

Goals: Bring Law and Order to as many worlds as possible, promote civilization, dominate the Large Magellanic cloud and influence affairs in the other four galaxies

Unfortunately, the app does not seem to meet the minimal level of quality that we require. All fields of the app require expansion and more work. It also contains several obvious misspelled words, and if you are going to use German words, you could at least put in some effort to write them correctly and to use them correctly.

To begin with, the Reich can not be a name. It simply means the Empire, which is a title. You will require an actual, full name. Citizen is not a demonym, and Fascism is an ideology, not a form of government. The Fuhrer also requires a name. The details you give about your territory are not enough to give us a good image of what you wanted and it seems to be a little larger for the number of systems you claim.

FTL lacks enough details, and you do not give any sort of actual weakness for your FTL type, using multiple types of FTL tech isn't exactly fair. Detail warp and hyperspace and choose one.

The Kriegsmaschine requires actual weaknesses, it seems too OP in it's current form.

The Cultural description lacks enough details, communism and fascism have both evolved in the millennia that have passed since their creation. You haven't given us anything that would make your nation unique.

In terms of the military, you lack enough details, you lack originality, you lack the description of weaknesses. You have only tried to copy paste the armed forces of the Third Reich into space, in a complete disregard of basic originality. Also, since it does annoy me, it's Wehrmacht, not Whermacht. Wehrmacht means defense force in German, Whermacht means nothing.

And for your personal information, Wehrmacht was the name of the entire armed forces of Germany, split into the Kriegsmarine, the Luftwaffe, and for ground operations, the Heer.

Your history lacks enough details and is not connected at all with the larger history of the human race in this universe, and on its own, it has nothing interesting.

To conclude, rejected.

Last edited:
And why is the Empire not an acceptable name? Plenty of fictions simply call something the Empire or the Federation. Also why can I not refer to my people as citizens, especially when the guy before me called them Alliance Citizens.

Also, the definition of Fascism right here:

Facsism: an authoritarian and nationalistic right wing system of government and social organization.

Perhaps before you set out to correct someone you should make sure you are actually right.

Well considering how much time could pass, a new one could be instated which I would have to change it over time to reflect that.

Why would I not try to map out hyperspace lanes? Even if I don't use them, it's smart to still know where they are, and it's not like that would be extremely difficult to accomplish for a nation spread of millions of systems.

I can expand on the culture if need be, but I was trying to keep it short to make it easier to get through. And how am I supposed to know how it evolved, I am not going to read through everyone's posts and the rp to figure that out.

And about the warmachine, what idiot purposely designs a machine to have a weakness. It is incredibly idiotic to purposely make your machine suck. I mean the B1 series droids from star wars for example, no one would design a droid that pathetic on purpose. And if the tech level is 8.1, why wouldn't they be able to make an actually effective robot. It would be pricey, but nothing else makes sense.

As for the Wehrmacht, my phone auto-corrected it to whermact, so I just accepted it. I was also under the impression that the wehrmacht was simply the combination of the SS and Heer, I did not realize it included the Luftwaffe and the kriegsmarine. My bad.

Also, if I settled in an area away from every one else, why must I be connected to them? The point is to get away so I do not have to be connected to another person's faction.

And for territory, I honestly don't know how to describe a part of an irregular galaxy that is not our own. And i am not going to go read a research paper on an irregular galaxy. Nor am I going to fully research every aspect of warp propulsion for an RP, I have a life outside of RPN.

Plenty of fictions, perhaps, but this is a specific fictional world. We have no nations that lack an actual name, and simply copying the usual Reich that so many fictional factions use is not enough and lacks any originality.

Even the Star Wars nation are longer names. The Galactic Empire. The Galactic Republic.

I am right. I have no idea what you are using, but:

Fascism /ˈfæʃɪzəm/ is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism[1][2] that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.

That's kinda it. You need a form of government. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forms_of_government

You are perhaps fascist, yes. But are you a totalitarian one party dictatorship? An authoritarian oligarchy? An autarchy? What?

It is not about creating a map. Due to fairness and balance reasons, you are only allowed to use one. Perhaps, two, if you use one for interstellar travel and one for intergalactic travel. Both require to be balanced, so both advantages and disadvantages.

That is up to you. How is your ideology different from the fascism of old? Or is it exactly the same? The same tenets, the same points? Applying it for interstellar nations will however clearly result in differences.

No idiot would, however we need to consider fairness first. You can't spawn all around perfect robots without any sort of disadvantages. They don't need to have a major weakness, but they need to be balanced.

The Wehrmacht was the full armed forces, formed by multiple branches. So, if you want to refer to the army, you'd have to use the Heer. I use German terminology for my nation too, and I have die Koloniale Strafkräfte, so the Colonial Armed Forces, formed by multiple branches.

Because if you have humans, without specifying anything else, you have Terran humans, and as such, you must be a former colony of Earth. As such, you'd have to be connected to the history of the human race as a whole.

You just need to detail it using the simple o'clock system. Imagine the galaxy as a clock.
And you don't need to research warp. Just imagine possible advantages and disadvantages. Look at other apps for examples.

But if you don't want to change and out some effort, then that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread