• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Traditional The Red Warrior

Alexandra

The black-eyed cousin
My most recent piece sold two weeks ago at an exhibition; just for those of you interested in what I have been making ;)

redwarriorframed_zps16e464bc.jpg

The Red Warrior; ink and watercolour on watercolour paper, 297x420mm

A high-res version can be found here in my portfolio. Gotta love them dots.

Everyone participating was asked to theme their piece around red. Either the literal colour, or something associated with the colour.

It's a portrait of a friend of mine, who very nicely posed for the reference photos. I had done similar make-up work for a fashion photoshoot a couple of weeks previously, except it was an iridescent turquoise, and I really wanted to do more of that sort of tribal style.

I wanted to make it have an impact, so I went with black, white and red, and I adore stippling, so that was the obvious choice for texture. I think the symbol in the corner means "a cooking fire by a river"...I think. I need to find my reference again to make sure, but either way, it balances the overall composition.

This is excellent. Having just read Ceremony by Silko, I'm getting an interesting mix of emotions from this piece. You've done well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back