• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Realm of Visifia: Dragons (DEAD)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Queen Averian
Averian's heels clicked as she made her way down the hall. "Is she conscious?"
Lady Wrandym struggled to keep up with Averian's quick, long strides. "No. A man brought her in. He said she was attacked by another mercenary. He found her just in time. Our healers are looking over her injuries now."
Queen Averian turned a corner, and her guards opened the door to her throne room. Standing in the middle of it was the supposed husband, and Averian walked around him, sitting on her throne. They weren't alone in the court room. Several of her courtiers, including Anton, were standing in attendance. She looked this man over, and judged him to be from Caligook. She didn't speak for several minutes, trying to decide what manner of man this was.
Finally, she spoke. "And what, pray tell, is your connection to the Black Dove? Did you merely find her, or do you know who she is?"

"Oh...your majesty I am Gwens....umm husband you see, we met a while back. She is actually the one that suggested i bring her here before she passed out..."
Averian narrowed her eyes at this response. She hadn't spoken to Gwen in nearly a year, but when she had Gwen assured her that she would never settle down. Not with her mercenary business doing so well. That, and he hesitated, and Averian could spot when someone was lying. This man most certainly was.
"Guards, arrest him," Averian commanded, and two guards moved to grab the man's arms. "Either you tell me the truth or my guards throw you in my dungeons. You did rescue Gwen and bring her here, and for that I am grateful. You spared her life, so I shall spare yours. But that doesn't mean I won't arrest you for lying to your queen."

Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal

“Yeah, she was always good at getting the message through my thick skull when she needed to. I can be quite stubborn as well.” She says, chuckling softly. “Still though… I can’t wait to get back to my checkpoint. I’ll have to rebuild it, it got burned down by hunters, but I know I can do it.”
Alli looked intrigued. "You had a checkpoint? Where? Eton and I had an inn right outside of Forgetown, on the western coast of Orikaal. We sold it to a friend of ours when I left to go do this."

Hazel heard this, and walked back into the first room. "You can read? Where'd you learn?"

A... Friend... let me learn with him. His family was rich and didn't care to let me join when his tutors came by. " She looked away. It was mostly the truth...but he really wasn't much of a friend the day Natalia came to free her. It was odd to look back on it now. She didn't think much of her life then, it was normal, she didn't know much of anything else and now...some memories turned cruel when she thought on it.

A... Friend... let me learn with him. His family was rich and didn't care to let me join when his tutors came by. "
Hazel grinned. "Wow! I wish I could read. Most servants here can't though. They don't need to, and that's what my ma always said, "You don't need any reading to have a good life." So I never learned but I wish I could! Although, I'm not sure why I want to. I just do. Even though I don't need to. Does that make sense?"

Skorzah smiles, remembering. “Pretty nice forest in Orikaal. Quiet, out of the way, great place for all sorts of people who don’t want to be found… I loved that inn.” She looks sad for a moment.

Hazel grinned. "Wow! I wish I could read. Most servants here can't though. They don't need to, and that's what my ma always said, "You don't need any reading to have a good life." So I never learned but I wish I could! Although, I'm not sure why I want to. I just do. Even though I don't need to. Does that make sense?"

“Well you don’t have to need something to want something, and it’s ok to want something if you don’t need it, because we all deserve to want something and have it sometimes.” It was such a plain statement and it surprised Leia when it came out her mouth. She looked away for a moment, hopping her words weren’t too bold.
Yatasal Yatasal

“Pretty nice forest in Orikaal. Quiet, out of the way, great place for all sorts of people who don’t want to be found… I loved that inn.”
Alli nodded, remembering her own inn. Built with secret rooms that all had exits and plenty of space to hide whole families if necessary. She loved running it with Eton... They were happy to do it too. Then Natallia came with her proposition, and Alli couldn't deny that she'd be helping thousands of dragons. Her work here had been vital. She even had laid the groundwork for Averian's demise, something that she hadn't told Natallia or Sikander about. She sighed, shifting uncomfortably. There was a sharp pain, a contraction. But it lasted only a second, and Alli closed her eyes. "We better escape soon. Do you think..." Alli shifted again, facing more towards Skorzah. "I haven't told Natallia or Sikander this, but this government is starting to destabilize. Courtiers fighting, the people restless, the queen can only maintain control because she has a dominant personality. And with the queen seeking to marry the crown prince of Girranon in two weeks at the gala, or at least try, there's been even more unrest. Caligook and Girranon are not on good terms. A marriage might rectify that, but I doubt it. She's been in power for 20 years, and still the people don't like her. There were too many that valued the leadership of the original royal family. And dragons aren't as hated here as they are in other places, despite what the queen might hope. I think... At least, I hope that we can orchestrate Averian's death in a fair way. We need someone else to take her place, someone who rules because they love the people, not out of hate for a race. We need that someone to challenge Averian and win through mortal combat, and take her place as monarch. But I don't know who."

((OOC: Where'd y'all go? Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal RubyZoo RubyZoo AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Inheritance Inheritance ))

“Well you don’t have to need something to want something, and it’s ok to want something if you don’t need it, because we all deserve to want something and have it sometimes.”
Hazel laughed. "You sound like Mr. Reeders! He's always talkin' super smart like that. Say, you girls done? We need to go clean the Queen's chambers next."

Skorzah thinks about that for a long moment. “I know. The blacksmith I was working for as my cover… he recognized what I was, and he tried to help me hide it. Granted, once the guards noticed, he couldn’t help me anymore, and hit me with a warhammer. I don’t blame him.” She says rubbing the side of her head where he hit her. “The point remains that he tried to protect me.”
Yatasal Yatasal

XII Calmly strolled the halls of the domire castle, listening to the bickering of here and there. Assessing the stresses of each situation there was to assess, soma's case was interesting enough, but she wasnt sure in wether or not to speak up and vouch for the poor lad. Or let him hang on his own faults. Natalie on the other hand seemed to be doing just fine, but it seemed like her and the entire group wanted to leave this place, which ultimatley confused her to as why they hadnt already. Staying in large populated areas was always a bad idea. Especially for those of which were dragons. No safe haven is safe forever. The thought brought a grimaced look upon XII face, although none would really see as she always stuck to the shadowns. She was sure none of the group really knew of her yet either...well that would change soon surely enough. Just had to give it time.

Eventually XII was ushered into the throne room by some of the queens gaurds. XII silently glared at them and assessing the current situation, the throne was beset upon by the queen herself. Beside her were her courtiers. And in front of her soma. soon realized that soma's fate was soon to be decided " soooooo. Yeah..." XII coldly grunted walking over to the group. Sighing gently and realizing that she would have to participate in this event. Soma seemed nice, and a lie is sometimes needed. So she was leaning on the side of vouching for him instead against him. " you really gonna arrest him for this, the mans gwens husband you know. At least thats what i can smell on him, yknow ...sex. And if hes not, ill tear his throat out myself." she said coldly. The facade was strong and calculated, and she stooped close to soma and sniffed at his form just to be eccentric about the lie. Vouching for this man better get her some good luck in the future. Or his help. If not she would really cut his throat out. Yatasal Yatasal Soma Fel Soma Fel

Last edited:
" you really gonna arrest him for this, the mans gwens husband you know. At least thats what i can smell on him, yknow ...sex. And if hes not, ill tear his throat out myself."
Queen Averian took in a deep breath, evaluating her options. Twelve was usually a good source of information, not to mention she would've been in more recent contact with Gwen then the queen had. Had Gwen really married? And if so, why would she marry... someone like him? Not to mention that the man was Caligookish, and built like a warrior. She thought she knew every warrior in the land, how had he gone beneath her purview?
The Queen stood. Too many questions, but she had learned over the many years of her reign that lying in wait for her prey would prove to be much more effective in the end. "Fine. I'm sure you'll want to see your wife, so I'll let you go. Twelve won't leave your side, however. Should you prove to be lying to me, trust me. She won't hesitate."

Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal NyxDarling NyxDarling

Hazel laughed. "You sound like Mr. Reeders! He's always talkin' super smart like that. Say, you girls done? We need to go clean the Queen's chambers next."

“Yes I’m done here, “ Leia said and looked at Hazel. The dusting was done and she wasn’t given another task to do. So yeah, she was ready. Today she would see what the castle was like for herself and try to spot anything useful she could.

“I know. The blacksmith I was working for as my cover… he recognized what I was, and he tried to help me hide it. Granted, once the guards noticed, he couldn’t help me anymore, and hit me with a warhammer. I don’t blame him.”
Alli nodded. "Valdi. I met him once, he seemed like a good man. If we could get a message to him, do you think he'd help us?"

Skorzah thinks about that. “Maybe. He’ll prioritize his own safety, if my read on him was correct.”
"Most people would," Alli mused. "But we can't do anything in here. And I... Well, I won't be of much use. I have to prioritize my own safety, too."

Before Nate could respond someone took up for him named Twelve? Why the name of a number? "Thank you, your majesty, I am very worried about her." He realized his mistake from before and decided to show little emotion from things that mean something to him like...sex with Gwen. Heh...wouldn't that be interesting. He nodded as he was noted that Twelve would be going with him and he allowed her and the guards to lead the way to Gwen's location. He hoped this Twelve person could be trusted but...being threatened didn't really reassure him.
Yatasal Yatasal NyxDarling NyxDarling

"Thank you, your majesty, I am very worried about her."
Averian waved him away. "Anton, I want daily updates on her condition."

Anton folded his arms, staring at this young man. He reminded Anton of a young boy, one who used to run through the palace with his sisters... One who escaped the cleansing of the last royal family. Anton narrowed his eyes. He might be wrong. But if he was right, then this man might be after his queen's throne. And he definitely didn't deserve it.

He'd just have to wait and see.

((OOC: NyxDarling NyxDarling Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal You guys are led by guards to a small suite. There you'll find two healers attending to Gwen. Both are in heavy concentration with healing spells. There's a third attendant, and she's cleaning the vanity that sits across from Gwen's bed. Gwen herself is incredibly pale (like sheet white) and her breathing's pretty shallow.))

Last edited:
Titulus had made a mistake. A very VERY big mistake. This is what you get for testing random concoctions. Don’t you remember what the professor said so many years ago? Hey keep quiet in there. I’m having a hard time thinking of a solution as it is! I’m honestly surprised you’re capable of so much thought right now. You know the last time I listened to you we sold a spell to Natalia and ended up sleeping in a sewer for a month! It was either that or jail. That’s exactly my point! You might want to look out. For what a tree? Honestly is the last time I-
Titulus ‘ thought was so rudely interrupted by his collision with... something.

After flapping his wings to to keep from falling and recovering from the head trauma Titulus noticed two things about his current situation. He saw that he had reached the place he had been called to the Green Palace, and his own reflection in the nearby window.He was in fact... a pigeon Pffft.... Don’t you dare laugh. Honestly he had been smithing spells long enough that he should have known this one would be dangerous even the voice agreed with him. But he just couldn’t wait to see his research had worked! A polymorph spell would be a huge success! It was worth the risk Titulus had even included a release word just in case!

Yeah except you forgot that PIGEONS DON’T TALK. Ok firstly you’re right and secondly I honestly didn’t know what I was going to turn into. At least I knew if would have wings! You’re a fool.
The pigeon began tapping on the door loudly and cooed to be let inside. Oh great.. can’t even control your body anymore. Quiet you I’m thinking. Why not just knock yourself out. That would end the spell. And leave us vulnerable! Worth the risk at this point. Fine... you’re right.

Titulus focused and flew back a few feet to gain the necessary speed before hurling his small body into large wooden door of the building.Luckily the force of the impact knocked him out. Unlucky he turned back into a human, equipment and all mid air and crashed into the floor like a ton of bricks. Cracked ribs and currently a heap on the floor but hey... not a pigeon.
Yatasal Yatasal

Last edited:
Sikander Vell
Sikander turned the bottle in his hands as he strutted down the hallway. He had been meaning to save it for later, but when he heard that that she-devil had come in... Oh, he couldn't resist. She had murdered his cousin and her sister last year, gaining favor in Averian's court. Well, she wouldn't get to mess with the Vell family any longer. And no one could possibly want her around. And if anyone did, he wouldn't mind throwing them into Ane's keep along with her.

He passed by her room, where he saw several people around her bed. True, there was more of a death count than he wanted... That, and he had to clear himself of suspicion. The queen hadn't known about his cousins, so she wouldn't know his motives. But still... Hm. Didn't he hear that this man was her husband? He could stay and die. The woman next to him... Hm. He didn't know her, but he guessed that she was some friend. The attendants and healers however were just doing their duties. And they appeared to be done... But how would he send them away without suspicion?

Sikander stepped into the room. He coughed, getting everyone's attention. She was weak. Perfect.

"My name is Sikander Vell," Sikander introduced himself. "I heard the great Black Dove was here and I simply had to come see for myself. My my what has she gotten herself into? You know, she was here last year doing some of the queen's... errands. Healers, perhaps we could have the room? I'd like to speak to Ms. Dove's associates. Alone."

The healers, knowing Sikander's status, left in a hurry. The dove moaned and turned in the bed. He stared hard at her, before turning pleasantly to the dove's associates. "Now then. Drinks, anyone?"

He crossed the room, and reached under the vanity, pulling out the bottle of scotch he had stored earlier. He dumped a little of the poison in each of the bottles, including his own. He'd survive, of course. He had been building up an immunity to it.

He gave each of them a glass. In her state, the dove wouldn't be drinking anything. No matter; she'd die anyway. "I understand that this is rather sad time, but I doubt the dove would want us to mope about. Come! Drink. I added something special to it."

As they both drank, Sikander smiled at them. "You know, when my cousins died last year, I didn't know who to blame... Until I did. So, as of right now, you both are helping me enact my revenge. For which, I thank you for your service and your sacrifice. Entira."

They both coughed and sputtered, gripping their chests. They both began to glow, and Sikander's chest did as well. They both passed out, and Sikander ran out into the hallway. His own chest began to burn, and he didn't remember how extreme the pain would be. It was... painful. Like being stabbed in the chest with a white-hot knife.

"Guards! GUARDS!" He shrieked, and the guards ran towards him as he fell to the ground. "Someone... poisoned... the scotch..."

He fell to the ground outside, making sure every inch of him was securely behind the thick stone wall. He was on the edge of passing out when he heard it.

BOOM. Something shook the walls, making dust come out of them. Sikander then passed into darkness, knowing exactly what had happened.

Terr and Jo, the guards who had rushed to Lord Vell's aide, felt the concussive force a moment after Vell had collapsed. Terr rushed into the room, and screamed. She was joined by Jo, who nearly threw up at the sight.

Both of the bodies were burnt, their remains scattered across the room. Every surface seemed to contain some burnt bits of flesh, blood, and most of it was still smoking. The smell was possibly the worst... Like overcooked barbeque that had been lit on fire with sulfur.

Terr hurried to the assassin's side. The Black Dove had been thrown across the room, into the wall. She was lying with her face turned towards the wall, and her wounds had reopened. Terr felt for her neck, and found, miraculously, a pulse. "WE NEED HELP! WE NEED A MEDIC!"

((OOC: Okay. Everyone at the castle felt that blast. That includes the dragons, since Twelve was a dragonborn. When the new characters get to the Green Castle, I'll RP as Natallia.))

Last edited:
Alli Coppergold
Alli was about to respond to Skorzah when she felt a concussive, magical blast. She grabbed her chest, taking a few moments to breathe before she reacted. "What... What was that?"

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Skorzah gasps, looking up worriedly as she hears and feels the boom. She’s afraid, but trying to hold it together for Alli’s sake. “I imagine that was the sound of some facet of the plan going wrong. Or maybe part of the plan that I was unaware of.” She takes a deep breath, leaning back against the wall.
Yatasal Yatasal

“I imagine that was the sound of some facet of the plan going wrong. Or maybe part of the plan that I was unaware of.”
Alli closed her eyes, focusing on the memory of the magical blast. She had felt it somewhere before... That kind of magical blast. Alli reached around for the bars, and used them to help herself stand up. It was a long process, but eventually she got to her feet. She started to pace around her cell, thinking. Of course, "pacing" was a generous word for it. With only one and a half legs, she had to use the cell bars to hop around. Focusing on that though gave her mind clarity. She had been an amputee for a long, long time, and was used to it.
"I know I've felt it somewhere before..." Alli muttered. "But where?"
She stood with her back to the corner of the bars. She stared at Skorzah, as if she'd give Alli the answers she was looking for. "Wait, did you feel it too?"

Leia looked up and around as the castle seem to shake. "Did you hear that? what happened?" She went to the door and looked out into the hallway. "We should go and help...it sounded bad." The girl spoke worriedly, what if this messed up the plan? what if some one in their group was hurt? It would be nice just to go to Skorzah or Natalia and ask what's going on. Feeling useless seeing all she did was dust and examine books.
Yatasal Yatasal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back