• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Real World: Santa Catalina

Lacuna

eyebrow queen

☼ Stevie Nichole ☾

Taking in a deep breath, Stevie stared out over the water as the wind whipped her hair around. The small boat was getting closer to the island with every minute that passed and she could feel her hands starting to sweat. She was nervous as hell to arrive and spend the next 6 weeks with complete strangers, but it also excited her. She had been watching The Real World since she was 14 and always dreamed of being on the show. It stunned her that they had actually picked a girl like her to be on it.

As the small boat pulled up to the pier the large beach house was perched upon a natural stoney slab that was covered in an array of foliage. The white sandy beach seemed to cascade down from the main land and provided a small personal beach in front of the house. Everything was better than Stevie had ever imagined, but her jaw dropped when her eye's caught the infinity pool that was raised up from the house but was still nestled between the rocks of the island. Everything was beyond what she expected; it was perfect. Quickly snapping out of her trance she looked over at the captain of the boat who had already pulled out her large suitcases and bags from the boat. She shot a smile in his direction and thanked him before she promptly picked up bags and slung them over her shoulder and grabbed the handle of her suitcase.

The island breeze gently brushed locks of her brown hair about her face as she hobbled across the white sand in her old beat up converse. Never in her life had she ever seen a beach like this one. She lived near the beach in New York, but it was nothing compared to this one. Hobbling through the sand, she yanked the large suitcase with every step, thankfully there wasn't that much sand she had to cross over until she hit the hard stone staircase. Her suitcase smacked against every step as she made her way up. As soon as she hit the landing her eyes glazed over as she looked at the large beach house. "Ho-ly shit." She muttered under her breath.

When she entered the cool air from the AC cut right though her and set shivers up her spine. The entry way was huge, had sight lines into the bright kitchen and living room and had a large stair case that lead to the upper levels. Gripping her suit case tightly she jogged up the stairs, trying her best to ignore the camera crew around her. Even though it was the first day there she knew that there was bound to be some drama going on. That's how it always went. It was like MTV purposefully chose clashing personalities to get a rise out of everyone. Stevie let out a sigh of relief as she turned the corner into the first room she saw. There were no camera to be seen when she entered and it looked as if no one else was occupying the room. Dropping her bags to the floor she paused for a moment before a huge grin came across her face and she ran, jumping onto the bottom bunk bed.

Last edited by a moderator:

newcreate.php

The plane ride had been a bumpy one, who knew Daelynn didn't like to fly, certainly she didn't since she had never been on a plane. The gut wrenching feeling as the large metal contraption lifted into the sky sent a wave of nausea over Daelynn and the thought of the possibility of dying hundreds of feet in the air next to an old man who smelled of prunes wasn't a pleasant. No sir, Daelynn was certainly not enjoying the plan ride from Texas to California.

For the past hour Daelynn had been staring over the seat of the person in front of her at a small TV that was in the back of all the seats. The TV in front of her hadn't been working. Daelynn had tried to use the TV of the sleeping old man next to her, but apparently he was a light sleeper since it only took Daelynn to stretch her arm in front of him to wake up him up. Daelynn's neck had been sore from staring over the seat, but they were showing one of her favorite movies, The Wizard of Oz. When the old man woke up Daelynn took this opportunity to talk...well more like complain about the trip.

"I told my parents that'd I'd drive to Cali, but no. They rather stick me in a sardine can that flies than trust me with the truck. I freaking swear."

The old man grunted in response.

"Yeah I know totally feel you man. I can't believe them either. They are so overprotective. I mean I'm 21 for fucks sake and they still treat me like a child."

The man only stared at Daelynn without amusement.

"I've told them millions of times that I can handle myself and I can be on my own, but no. They insist of keeping me trapped like one of their stupid sheep. They want me to give up my dream so I can raise sheep can you believe that? It's so--"

"Jesus Christ if this is your punishment for me please I beg for mercy."

Daelynn was interrupted by the old man begging for mercy. This was the first time Daelynn had heard him speak. He had an old raspy voice with a thick Polish accent. She started at him confusingly.

"Ummm sir are you okay?"

"All you do is talk and talk and talk. Shut up! I'm trying to rest and you keep jabbering. Zamknij ryj!"

Daelynn was in silence the rest of the ride until the plane arrived at Long Beach. After getting off the plane and going through baggage claim Daelynn found a taxi and went to the location were the boat was supposed to pick her up. The boat arrived moments after her arrival and left not shortly after. Daelynn was fascinated by the beach. While flying may not have been her thing, she could surely get used to sailing across the sea. The soft movements of the waves filled her with tranquility and ease, plus, the view was amazing.

Almost as amazing as the sea was the house the producers had chosen. Coming from a ranch house in the country, this house in Santa Catalina was pretty close to paradise.

"Holy mother of Pearl! Look at this place!

Daelynn walked around carrying her bags and gawking at every little inch of the house. She went by several of the rooms and found a room with beds that reminded her of the big fluffy clouds she had seen on her trip over here and walls that reminded her of the small boat that had brought her to the island. She saw no bags around and room and decided to claim the bed closest to the small window. Daelynn climbed on the bed and peaked out the little window. There was a beautiful view of the beach.

"This is crazy. Ah how I wish Florence could see this.

Daelynn was about to start unpacking when she remembered that other people should be with her also. Not knowing if anyone was in the house with her, Daelynn yelled out.

"Anybody home?!"

Desmond Elijah Cruz

Damn. The Real World. Desmond never believed that he would be picked for any kind of special thing or event, whether it was at TV show like this or if it was a vacation or something from entering an online contest. Personally, he always thought reality TV shows weren't didn't hold as much "reality" as they claimed to, but hey, it was America.

But he had been picked for newest season of The Real World, along with seven other people as he recalled, and now he was traveling by boat to get to the Santa Catalina islands way on the other side of the globe. He traveled by flight to California all the way from the Bronx, New York, an exhausting airplane ride of about six hours at least. Now, he was just waiting for the boat to arrive and pick him up to take him to his destination.

Waiting on the pier with hands stuffed in his shorts pockets, Desmond's deep brown eyes scanned over the waters. He was currently waiting alone, which he didn't mind, unless you counted all his luggage that carried his clothes, other necessities, some fun things, and... his plants. He didn't bring a lot - just a few to spruce up and personalize his room.

But the boat... Des looked down at his Droid to check the time, and clucked his tongue. The boat was supposed to be here ten minutes ago... what was taking it so long?

₪ Alec Sterling ₪

Alec stood there, staring up at the enormous house that was placed in front of him. After the exhausting travelling lengths he went to for this show, he was glad he came. The house was a beautiful site, something that you could only imagine of being in within your dreams. There were gigantic windows that would open up the entire house. The view was spectacular, I mean who doesn't love the beautiful girls brought here? Oh right, the ocean was pretty neat too. Alec looked around quickly, surveying who was already here. Some girl with the name being Dae or Daelynn, as she introduced herself way too quickly for him to catch her name. He grumbled, realizing practically no one was here, not being able to socialize much, and getting to meet everyone.

Upon entering his assigned room, was it room 2 that he was assigned to? He was too exhausted to even care, he opened the door and plopped down his stuff on a bed, without even noticing the other human being occupying the room.

/Work in progress/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back